Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #751
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Thanks Mick! Good for you staying strong!!! EXTRA KUDOS!!! Funny you mentioned brownies. I keep seeing these late night infomercials for a pan that won't stick when cooking them and it is always makes me drool. And that portion is always in black and white so I can imagine how I'd feel if it were in color! Any kind of frosting is hard to resist! I have some of that dark cocoa sugarless. I wonder if that, cream cheese and kgold butter would make a good frosting...that might lick some of my sweet tooth urges if I can keep the calories in check.

I may have mentioned that I got some Fathead ingredients because Sam's had their almond flour on sale. I haven't had any in months so I'm looking forward to that treat. I have to use all that moz before January so as much as I don't want to blow my water weight departure, I'm thinking I'll last until maybe this weekend... Probably good that we aren't going to renew our membership, but I'm already thinking of things I want to stock up on that don't expire in a month. Their fancy nuts are on sale, too and EVOO...I see a big bill coming.

I got up to 1211 calories ysd and actually still lost. Yay! The lemon seems to be helping. I'm down another 2.5 lbs since ysd. I hope to at least see my low from November by the end of December... sigh I guess if I can go into 2018 without that huge holiday gain that I normally have, it will be a win. So, as frustrated as I am with the upheaval of my downward trend, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm still in lower numbers than I've been in decades.

Have a great one!

Last edited by FindingMe; 12-05-2017 at 09:23 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #752
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/162/125 76" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017

We are getting our cold front right now. Yesterday was 82 & we hit our high temp of 73 a couple of hours ago. Tomorrow's high is 48 Doesn't look like we'll get above 70 for the rest of the week.

I love frosting too. Homemade is of course the best, but I have been known to buy a can & eat it up with a spoon. No cake required.

Mick - Good for you for staying strong! I hate wrapping too.

jess - Hope everyone is getting better, & no dr visits/antibiotics are
needed. It's hard to think about eating on top of everything else going on in your life, so be as diligent as you can, but slip-ups happen. Don't beat yourself up, and maybe stay off the scale until life is back to normal.

better - I think you did fine. I look at it this way: 7-10 days, in the scheme of your whole life, is a very short time. The only reservation I would have is if you felt out of control, then I would try to think about the reasons my eating got out of control, what can I do to better prepare in the future, etc. Unfortunately I usually have these revelations after damage has been done & after I have berated myself to the ends of the earth, but hopefully one day my relationship with food will not be so dysfunctional.

FindingMe - Glad the water weight is going bye-bye. Hope the downward trend continues.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - grilled ribeye; salad w/lettuce, tomato, Creole tomato dressing; stilton cheese w/cranberries
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 AM   #753
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Dimply I think your frosting idea with a bit of sweetner would do it as that is almost exactly my recipe for choc/ cream cheese frostingminus the vanilla and sugar. I dont think I have seen that commercial actually. You are doing fab to remind yourself of the lower numbers andyour overall progress! Your doing fabulous! I agree getting through the holidays without a gain is a good goal. I think most years I gain 8 to 10!

Dimply can we trade cold fronts? Pretty please? Hope it warms up for you! I love your profile pic!!! Such a cute little girl!!! It seems everyone loves frosting.

Howdy to everyone not checked in. I hope ya all are doing fabulous!!!

Yesterday I made a sauce called cowboy sauce from the Diet Dr site. Its basically just butter cooked with spices etc. Wow was that good on burgers!!! I cant wait to try it over veggies.

Yesterday I had egg salad for breakfast, a taco salad for lunch, part of a Know Better cinnamon, burger with cowboy sauce and 2 string cheese. Todays plan is egg salad, a chef salad, a cabbage and beef stir fry.

I got my physical and mammo reschedules for the week after Christmas since I had to cancel with moms surgery. All the more reason I cant get 100% bloated up. Mammos hurt so darn bad any ways but it will be so much worse if I am holding the normal 7 to 10 pounds of after Christmas water weight!!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #754
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Dimply - Sorry you aren't enjoying OUR "cold front", but you know I love it! I don't like the rain though because it affects my outdoor activities and I get much less exercise. They are even saying we may get snow Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. We go from record highs to snow? Crazy!!! Luckily it didn't happen in the middle of the week or the whole area would shut down. Last time, the interstates froze and nothing moved for days.

ribeye

Mick - The cowboy sauce sounds delish! Butter makes everything better!!!Good for you rescheduling those important checkups. I'm due for all of mine, but have been dragging my feet. I hate the needles and the boob smashing! I was still hoping for a smaller cup size this time around, but so far the cups haven't budged. So bizarre. I wouldn't mind if gravity was more friendly...but I also don't want to still be a G cup because it makes bra shopping a pain in the behind with the 34-36 bands.

I did the "frosting" concoction and it wasn't terrible. I didn't want to dirty up a mixer so I just nuked some cream cheese, a dab of Kgold, some Hersheys special dark cocoa and a splash of Stevia. Mixed well then fridged for a bit all in a small coffee cup. I probably should throw in some coconut oil and make bark to get my good fats in...

That upped my calories to around 1500 and surprise surprise the scale didn't go up. It didn't go down either, but that is okay. It was probably that 500 calorie burger I had. One more and I'm going back to just white meats for awhile so my calories will be easier to control. Freezer is empty! Yay!
Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #755
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

p.s. Oh and some HWC also in that frosting concoction. I've decided to go on and post my actual starting and current numbers for December. I'm embarrassed to say that it was much worse AND much better all in November and I was up last Friday again from the hard SF lemonade...dumb body.

************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- DEC START

Mick................... 199.0........189.7 .........174 ............... 189.7
FindingMe........... 230.2........204.4 .........196 ............... 206.0
Dimply............... 198.5........162 ............163 ............... 162
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6 .........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........163.6 .........158 ............... 163.6
Handbells........... 228.6........211.0 .........199 ............... 211.0
Better................ 175...........168 ............165 ............... 168
Old 12-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #756
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Jess I tried the second Body Groove workout and liked it much better! Hope you are all feeling better!

Finding me no smaller cup size here either Oh and let's not talk about gravity LOL. No reason to say those numbers are embarrassing! Look how far you have come friend!!

Wow what a frustrating day! When takes were done our gal made a mistake a put a state tax credit on a rental as well as our personal home. Mistakes happen. I got a letter from the state and sent in the amount of the credit. No big deal. I got another letter and sent theory forms in again. I Gert our property tax bill and the amount I sent in plus fines is on our property tax. Grrrr. Put a call into the state and haven't heard back. Sheesh I paid it as soon as they pointed out their had been a mistake. Get home open the mail to a huge vet bill. Go double check it was on the CC statement before I called the vet. They fixed it. Kind of frustrating!!!! I can jot tell you how much I hate dealing with the state. Obviously someone messed up since I have a copy of a cleared check.

Ha ha I took out my aggression with body groove. Lots of stomping and jumping
Old 12-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #757
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Hello! I'm still here.

I've been under the weather for the past few days and not doing much. Not eating much, either, and I've gained two pounds as a result. I don't like forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry, but I don't want to gain, either. Still no car, either.

Sorry, just venting.

Hope everyone is doing well!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #758
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Jenn I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. U hope you feel better soon. Gaining when eating little just isn't fair. I know it's hard but try to eat.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #759
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I saw the 150s this morning. 159.5 so by the skin of my teeth, but I will take it. Hopefully it will stick for my next official weigh-in on the 14th, or lower would be ok too

Cold & rainy here and there is a 5% chance of sleet tomorrow night. Ugh! Like FindingMe said, stuff shuts down in the south when there is even a hint of ice or snow.

Mick - Sorry about the issues with your property tax. And yes dealing with the state can be so frustrating! We appealed our property tax amount over the summer & got it reduced by 22%. It is supposed to be good for 2 or 3 years, but I have a feeling that after all of the destruction of Harvey all bets may be off. The mayor even tried to get a "temporary" (yeah right) tax passed to pay for Harvey debris clean-up. Thankfully the city council voted that down, but it also meant that trash, drywall, floors, carpet, furniture, etc sat outside for weeks/months, and people were hiring cleaning crews & dumpsters themselves Glad you were able to work off your aggravation.

Glad you like the pic of Hazel. Looks like she is doing jazz hands She's a happy girl when it's time to eat, just like the rest of the family!

I need to make my mammogram & well woman appts also. I am going to the endo in a couple of weeks, so I am making a little progress.

FindingMe - Scales are dumb, and I bet you are melting away with all of the exercise you do. But you've lost over 10% of your start weight just for this challenge, which is awesome! I am in those band sizes with an F cup and I have to go to a speciality store & pay a ton for the coverage & lift I want & need.

Your frosting concoction sounds delicious!

Hoping for no snow or ice for either of us, since people don't know how to act.

Jenn - Sorry you're under the weather and hope you feel better soon. I have gained weight after a fasting day. So freaking unfair! But your body may be holding on to resources to assist in healing, and hopefully you will be rewarded with a big whoosh!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken wings w/blue cheese dressing; salad w/lettuce, cheese, bacon, green goddess dressing
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #760
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Jenn - I hope you start feeling better soon! I am sure it is just water and nothing to fret about. Good for you keeping an eye on it before it gets out of control like I did.

Mick - Thanks! Great job on all that groov'n!!! That sux about the state stuff. I don't like dealing with mine either. I wish I lived in a state where you only had to file Fed...but as Dimply knows, that also means higher property taxes in some cases.

Dimply - I was just about to post when I saw yours come through...I appreciate you! I did measure this morning and I have lost some inches compared to when I weighed around this much Nov 1st.
150's! YOU GO GIRL!!! You keep this up, you are going to blow away. Don't get too skinny now!!! I just realized that you surpassed your Christmas Goal. OR did I already know that? My memory ugh. Have you set a new goal? I probably should change mine as I don't see me losing as fast as I gained, but I'm just going to leave it be.

I hope you guys don't get the sleet as I know you won't be happy. I mainly want it to kill the weeds so I won't have to pay more yard fees. I got all my stuff done before the butt crack of dawn while the rain was pausing and even gassed up just in case because I have a feeling everything will close tonight until Monday. People kept telling me around the pumps that they were scared the gas would freeze?

I'm down another 1.2 so little by little making my way down. Still trying to keep my calories up and will continue to weigh daily because as frustrating as it was before I took my weighing hiatus, I don't want another 10+ gain for no real freak'n reason.

Have a great one!

Last edited by FindingMe; 12-07-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #761
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hey FindingMe! Glad the scale is going down for you. To me, losing inches is better anyway, because your clothes fit better, and you can fit into smaller sizes. The scale can say 300 for all I care as long as my goal size 6 jeans fit!

Maybe next hurricane season I will have to worry about blowing away, but I'm good for now

We had our lawn & garden winterized last week. Seems like a waste since it will probably be in the 80s in a matter of weeks, but it's included in our service, so why not. Lots of rain but no sleet yet, and I haven't heard of any school closings for tomorrow. Hope we are both spared! But it is as cold here as in Salzburg, Austria where my sister is DH works in the oil/gas industry & says there are additives in gas that will prevent it from freezing over, but otherwise it could. I had no idea!

Not going to change my goal since it was a milestone (overweight vs obese), and my goal for the next challenge will be 136, another milestone (healthy weight). It's a lot to lose in a few months so we'll see. I also want to get some maintenance practice in there somewhere.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:42 AM   #762
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement You definitely made my day and made me feel better!

I am feeling so much better today. Actually have an appetite. Yay! I did eat yesterday, too, and was rewarded with a woosh, just as Dimply predicted.

All the brownie talk made me realize I haven't made black bean brownies in awhile. Maybe I'll make some this weekend. My avocados are finally ripe! I made some avocado fudge yesterday and today I plan on making avocado mousse.

WTG, Dimply, on your loss! I agree that I would rather lose inches, but it is nice to see the number on the scale go down, too. I haven't measured, but I think it would be a good idea to track!

FM- WTG on your loss! That's awesome!

I believe we are supposed to get winter weather this weekend, but you never know around here! We've been known to experience freezing temps, snow, high 60's, and rain with wind, all within a 24 hour period.

Jess- how is the clan feeling? Any better? Did you end up going to the Dr?

How are things with you, Betterthanever?

Mick6- how is your mom doing?

Might be getting a car today, so fingers crossed. Busy week coming up, too. My head is already spinning. lol!

Have a great day!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:10 AM   #763
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

Mick
- Hope you are having better luck with the government stuff and have a nice restful weekend planned!

Jenn - So glad to hear you are feeling better! And rewarded with a whoosh, too!!! The avocado fudge sounds interesting. I'm not a big bean eater, but I've heard the black bean brownies are good.

Dimply - I bet you'll meet your ultimate goal way before Easter! You have been so consistent with your downward trend and have worked so hard!!!
I hear y'all had a white early morning. Social media has been blowing up with reports in El Paso, San Antone, Houston and Baton Rouge. So far, the stickage has only been to our non coastal counties and school is closed everywhere but for us coastals. Just freezing rain, but just up the road snow reports. They are predicting it again today and tonight, but I have my doubts since we have only had traces most of my life. Highs today in the 30s and 20s the next two mornings so I may have to a actually turn on the heat...
Oh, I was just making fun of the locals regarding their comments of gas freezing. I knew that it didn't freeze unless water somehow got into it. I think it has to be like negative 60 or something to affect it, but h#ll will surely be frozen over if that happens here.

Still chipping away at my water gain. Down another pound. I may just be back to sub 200 before Christmas. I still need to make my Parm Thins and Fathead Thins before the ingredients go bad on me so we'll see how well my portion control stays in tact this weekend. Its been awhile and my mouth is watering at the thought.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by FindingMe; 12-08-2017 at 07:16 AM..
Old 12-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #764
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

We got snow! Pics below, and y'all in the N will have a laugh, but this is blizzard for Houston. This year we've hosted the Super Bowl, lived through a hurricane, won the World Series, and now snow!

Jenn - Glad you are feeling better, and yay for a whoosh! Good luck with the car!

I agree it is nice & encouraging to see the numbers on the scale go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Dimply
Oh, I was just making fun of the locals regarding their comments of gas freezing. I knew that it didn't freeze unless water somehow got into it. I think it has to be like negative 60 or something to affect it, but h#ll will surely be frozen over if that happens here.
D'oh I didn't think it could happen either, and without water getting in & extreme temps like you said, but I learned at least 1 new thing yesterday!

No snow in the immediate NOLA area, but the northern suburbs (separated from the city by 30 miles of water) are getting lots. Hope it makes its way to the city - I want Hazel's first snow pics! It will actually be Evelyn's first snow too (at home anyway). I don't think NOLA has had snow since before Katrina.

Stay warm! Our high today will be near 50, which is way cold enough for me. Highs in the 30s - do not want!

Glad the scale is cooperating, and you will be back under 200 in no time!

yesterday:
D - pork belly dipped in mayo & mustard; salad w/lettuce, tomato, Olive Garden dressing

These are from 7:30 this morning. What we got last night melted before it hit the ground, but evidently it came down pretty hard overnight & stuck. It's all melted now, except for the rooftops.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow4.JPG (45.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Snow5.JPG (42.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Snow6.JPG (47.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Dimply; 12-08-2017 at 09:00 AM..
Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #765
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Dimply-
Congrats!!! So happy for you!
Hazel is the most adorable baby!
My sister lives in Houston. She's not very good at keeping in touch so I'll probably hear about the white stuff the next time she calls.

FindingMe- Sorry about the scale. It is an annoying, beastly thing! Sending whooshy vibes.

Jenn- I didn't end up taking them to the dr yet as they are acting like they feel better. The cough still lingers. If ds13 and ds6 look like they take a downturn again I'll know it's time. This thing just refuses to leave. DH is still runny nose and coughing some but no more fevers or chills.

My scale is a complete jerk. I'm up 2 more pounds. I don't know what the heck this is. I just don't know. January is going to be major restriction time I think. It's going to stink.
My measurements are good, except for my lower waist, around my navel. It's still up an inch. My upper waist, where it narrows the most, is 29 in. I'm a bit of a pear. Lost all my chest, but lower waist, hips, and thighs are nice and curvy... I used to be an obese hourglass... Oh well.

We got surprise snow. It wasn't supposed to lay. Well...it's pouring down. Now they are saying the low areas will get a minimum of 4in today. So we'll get 6 or 8inches. It's fine since we don't have to be anywhere, but the local county schools got the kids there and then had to send them all home mid-morning. I'm glad it's Friday. I guess. I've been changing out seasons of clothes for the younger kids...it's a huge ordeal. I gave 3 bags to the Goodwill yesterday of dd9's old size. Mercy...now it's time to weed ds6's. My living room is full of Rubbermaid storage containers.

They are squirrelly because of the snow. We don't do snow days. Unless it's a beaut and we get enough to sled down the driveway and make snowmen. I don't think we are there yet today. So work they shall. Even though they make me uber mad with their nonsense.

Stay warm, my dears, and have a wonderful day.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #766
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Here's what the view from my porch looks like from 11:30pm.
https://smile.amazon.com/photos/shar...vkb5Ox2fBKRBSu

Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #767
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

My word... I meant "a.m."
I am having a day, mentally, let me tell ya...sigh.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #768
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

DIMPLY I just squealed a bit reading your post and scared the dogs Woo hoo and huge congrats on a new decade for you!!!!!! Thats fab you got your taxes reduced! Im glad the clean up tax got shot down! No word from the state yet. I wont fight it as it is under market value but I do not like WI property taxes. Sorry to hear your getting ick weather! How do you winterize a lawn? No laughing here at your snow. Like I told a TX friend on FB this morning ya'll have as much snow as we do Enjoy

FINDINGME Yeah on going down!!! I dont think anyone likes the tax stuff. I crab a little that with a paid off house I still need to save 500 a month for taxes and insurance. Guess I should complain. I could be in New Jersey! Your thins sound very good!!! I should try making some also. How do you do the parm thins? Tee hee on gas freezing. I can attest it doesnt freeze at sub zero

JESS It looks so pretty! I am the only one in the north where we should have a lot of snow and ya'll have more than we do. Im glad you are all starting to feel better. There sure is a lot of yucky stuff going around. I hope you got the kids to cooperate with all that snow out there to play in. Hey better a slight pear that an obese hour glass Didnt you read the report the pears were the smart and healthy ones?

Tomorrow we are going out of town for a big light show along a river after having dinner with friends in that town. Oh wow is it supposed to be cold. I can suck it up! I am such a cry baby about the cold Im thinking about borrowing my kids heated jacket! Im such a baby dh drops me off at store doors so I dont have to walk. Its supposed to be a beautiful walk with all the lights reflecting off the river. Im excited to see a castle out of ice!

Ill see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #769
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

No change for me. Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #770
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Supposed to snow later today. We'll see. We did get the van! yea! I'm so happy to have a vehicle!!! I went to DMV this morning and transferred the title and got plates for it. Very happy camper!

Didn't weigh this morning as I went to bed late last night and took some cold medicine before I went to sleep as I wasn't feeling the best. Didn't get up until after 9!

I've been to one grocery store and have another to go to, but will wait and go to that one tomorrow, I think. It is just so nasty out! Very cold and rainy.

Mick6- enjoy the light show!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Old 12-09-2017, 01:42 PM   #771
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Sunny & low 60s today, so much better than the past couple of days. The house picture I posted yesterday is our house, not the view from our house. Y'all probably figured that, but I didn't want anyone thinking that I am posting pics of random neighbors' houses on-line.

I am feeling like I want to eat something carby, but I don't know what. I think it's just the time of year, with all the goodies everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Dimply-
Congrats!!! So happy for you!
Hazel is the most adorable baby!
My sister lives in Houston. She's not very good at keeping in touch so I'll probably hear about the white stuff the next time she calls.
Thanks Jess!

I agree that Hazel is the most adorable baby. But poor thing is going to have to have tubes in her ears Her dad did too, and I remember when he was I guess about 1 & I was 13 my parents had to keep him up all night so that he would sleep through the procedure. It must have been during the summer, because I remember all of us staying awake.

Beautiful view from your porch. I bet it is beautiful regardless of the time of year. It is so strange to me to see mountains - I only see them on vacation.

I wish I were curvy. I am curvy on top and now have a waist again, but no butt and my hips are square. I know that sounds weird, but I have no other way to describe them. You know when you see movies about Marie Antoinette & the French aristocracy pre-Revolution, and they wear those wide angular skirts? That's me. I have the strangest shape, and I don't fit into any of the "which shape are you" type shapes. I fit parts of all but all (or most) of none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
DIMPLY I just squealed a bit reading your post and scared the dogs Woo hoo and huge congrats on a new decade for you!!!!!! Thats fab you got your taxes reduced! Im glad the clean up tax got shot down! No word from the state yet. I wont fight it as it is under market value but I do not like WI property taxes. Sorry to hear your getting ick weather! How do you winterize a lawn? No laughing here at your snow. Like I told a TX friend on FB this morning ya'll have as much snow as we do Enjoy
Thanks Mick! Property taxes here are crazy high, but what the assessor does is raise house values rather than the tax rate so the city gov't can pat themselves on the back & talk about no increase in tax rate. But when we have to put in $$ for a new street light for our block, and when our corner desperately needs a 4-way stop, I see no improvement to warrant an increase in value. And we haven't made any improvements to the house recently, although in 2018 we are planning to do some work on it. We are tempted to not pull permits, but with our luck we will be the ones to get caught, & that is major fines.

I have no idea what winterizing a lawn entails. I watched for a little while, and they did what looks like fertilizing or weed killing to me. They put something down in the gardens & bushes & trees, and came back the next day to plant colder weather plants. I forgot what it was that we chose for them to plant; clearly I do not have a green thumb

Heated jacket? Want! I would probably only get a few days wear out of it, but it sounds awesome. I took a 2 hour nap with my heated throw yesterday afternoon and it was heaven. My DH drops me off too, if it's cold. But I have to walk to the car when we're ready to leave. His valet service only works one way

Enjoy dinner and the light show, and stay warm!

Jenn - Congrats on the van!! Hope you feel better.

yesterday:
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/lettuce, tomato, Italian garlic dressing; stilton cheese w/cranberry
Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #772
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I lost my whole post of personals...

I'll be back when I get on the computer.

Lots of great pix! I never thought these words would come out of my mouth. We all got snow! We only got about an inch Fri night but almost a foot just north of us. Just frost this morning.

Scale back to it's stubborn self. Stuck for 3 days. I guess that is better than gaining. I'm sick of chicken already so I am not finishing the year with only white meat as planned...bbl
Old 12-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #773
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Had a great time Sat night. The light show was the most phenomenal i have ever seen and took 1.5 hours to walk. Something sure didnt agree with my stomach last night though. The taco soup was pretty rich so maybe that. Its still a little iffy today. UGH. I tell ya ladies I wonder if I am having some hormone havoc going on. I have felt like i have permanent PMS for quite a while now. Bands on my bras are loose but I am barely fitting in the cups. And the discomfort. UGH. I grabbed primrose yesterday as it has always been a big help. I actually have sock lines on my ankles. That has never happened before.

Yesterday:

plain greek yogurt with nuts

taco soup

DIMPLY they do the same thing here as far as raising values every year. Id be the one getting caught if not doing permits too! Im glad you get valet service too I should have shut up about snow as it is now our turn. I have an odd shape not on their charts either. That sounds like a lovely nap!!

JENN yeah on the van!!! I do hope you are feeling better! Yeah on sleeping it!

FINDINGME how did ya like the snow? I sure hate when posts vanish! Holding is better than gaining. Your doing great.

JESS how was the weekend?

Last edited by Mick6; 12-11-2017 at 06:47 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #774
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- DEC START

Mick................... 199.0........189.7 .........174 ............... 189.7
FindingMe........... 230.2........204.4 .........196 ............... 206.0
Dimply............... 198.5........162 ............163 ............... 162
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6 .........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........163.6 .........158 ............... 163.6
Handbells........... 228.6........211.0 .........199 ............... 211.0
Better................ 175...........165 ............165 ............... 168

I am SO excited! I made my Christmas goal! Really, my goal was to get a few pounds under, so that I had a little "cushion" for the season, and that is definitely still possible. But I haven't been at my official "100 lbs lost" for 18 months...so much bouncing around. :-( But I made it, and am feeling strong. Perhaps this will be my first holiday season that I don't go overboard and end up struggling for months! I attribute it to the addition of fasting to my regime. Currently I'm doing a protein-sparing modified fast, which is easy to adhere to and doesn't make me feel as weak as I would feel if I were doing a water fast for 17 days!!! but I've still lost 11 lbs in that time, so I'm really stoked!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #775
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

betterthanever- congrats!!!

Mick6- we spent it snowed in. DH managed to get out in the afternoon to pay a bill and grab a few groceries. Sunday morn was church. DH drove us but all the roads we went on were clear enough. He had to go help his bro move his furniture into his parents other house (he just graduated from law school last week.)

Dimply- poor Hazel. I hope she does well. We never like for babies to have problems.
I feel you on the weird shape. I'm tall, but only because my torso is extra long; my legs aren't long enough to match. So I have a devil of a time with shirts being too short. Ugh. And now I have no chest any more, so there's more issues.

FindingMe- sorry about the lost posts. That always makes me so mad.

Only time to pop in.
I think we either have infections, or they've brought home another virus. Ugh. Maybe bbl.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #776
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Dimply I forgot to comment about Hazels tubes. I hope they help a lot. They were so helpful to my oldest. When does she have it done?

Jess I'm so sorry to hear you and the crew are still sick! Sending heathy vibes!!!

Ugh tomorrow up learning a new position with a 6:30 start time. Early!!!! I'm up early but sure not productive!!

Better huge congrats!!!!