Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #631
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
I had another rough week. I'm still having issues with figuring out when I should work out now that I have class 3-4 evenings a week. I'm just not a morning person.

We also went out of town on Thursday after my class and got back last night so I didn't have any workout time over the weekend. So, I only did Callanetics once last week.

I'm going to set myself a baby goal of 2 times this week and then do 3 for next week. Maybe I'll do more. I'd like to be back up to 5 but my life is going through major changes so going to cut myself a break.

I feel like I'm looking less toned, which makes sense only doing Callanetics twice in two weeks, but I've slimmed down a bit and my size 8 jeans fit again! This could be regression since they fit when I started Callanetics too. I'm not sure.

Here's to getting back on track! How's everyone else doing?
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #632
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
I just saw that the Callanetics studio is offering a two week free membership. I joined. It was very helpful to go through Sandra Hanna's master classes and tips. I did Sandra's beginner class and it was great. Not a short class. I think it took over an hour to do but I really enjoyed it. She is very kind and easy to listen to. Kinda like Callan.
That's great! Have you tried any other new ones? Is that the streaming that has all the Callanetics videos?

I've been wanting to sign up for that and do all the videos to see which ones I like and then buy those. I'd think I'd rather have the DVDs than pay a fee every month, though streaming would be nice.
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #633
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 369
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I went to the site, but I found myself taking forever to decide what to do, that I realised my time to actually DO Callanetics was diminishing, so I just threw on 10/10 instead. I'll have to look more when I'm not planning on doing it just yet.

I think doing Cardio is helping with my flexibility, because every time I do it, the following regular Callanetics hour, I seem to be able to go deeper into my stretches, or my leg is straighter, things like that. I'll see if it happens again.
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #634
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member
 
Colaborer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 72
Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Genotype 3 A Positive
Start Date: Callanetics November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
That's great! Have you tried any other new ones? Is that the streaming that has all the Callanetics videos?

I've been wanting to sign up for that and do all the videos to see which ones I like and then buy those. I'd think I'd rather have the DVDs than pay a fee every month, though streaming would be nice.
I have only done Sandra's beginner and her daily stretch and gentle sculpting. They were helpful.
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:26 AM   #635
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
I have only done Sandra's beginner and her daily stretch and gentle sculpting. They were helpful.
That's cool! I hope they do the free trial for awhile. I'm going to wait until my new schedule calms down a bit and then try it.

That's also great about the cardio JB. Now that the weather is getting better, I'm hoping to get more too.

I split up 10/10 today and did half in the morning and half after class. I think the switch up might work well since it's hard to get in an hour workout before work and an hour when I get home at 9:30pm has been too much for me. . I wonder if this could lessen the effectiveness? I did do a couple of the warmups before starting the second half so I'm thinking it should be okay.

Happy pulsing everyone!
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #636
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 369
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Have you checked out AM/PM achangeisoverdue? It splits it up like you're attempting to do, but, yes, you should be okay.

The ""cardio" I was referring to was specifically Cardio Callanetics, but yes, moving outside is always enjoyable and something to look forward to.
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #637
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Have you checked out AM/PM achangeisoverdue? It splits it up like you're attempting to do, but, yes, you should be okay.

The ""cardio" I was referring to was specifically Cardio Callanetics, but yes, moving outside is always enjoyable and something to look forward to.
Nice, that's good. Cardio Callanetics is still on backorder but hope to get soon.

I did try AM/PM when I first started Callanetics. It's the only one my library has. I didn't dislike it but I thought it was too similar to 10/10 to warrant purchasing and had less reps of the exercises. Though, now that my schedule makes sense for something like that, maybe I should give it another go.

I also see there's a brand new one, Wake up, Wind Down. Looks similar to AM/PM. Anyone tried it? It's $9 on Amazon, may give it a try.

I did half of 10/10 this morning and planning to do the other half after class.

Happy pulsing!
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #638
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 369
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
Nice, that's good. Cardio Callanetics is still on backorder but hope to get soon.

I did try AM/PM when I first started Callanetics. It's the only one my library has. I didn't dislike it but I thought it was too similar to 10/10 to warrant purchasing and had less reps of the exercises. Though, now that my schedule makes sense for something like that, maybe I should give it another go.

I also see there's a brand new one, Wake up, Wind Down. Looks similar to AM/PM. Anyone tried it? It's $9 on Amazon, may give it a try.

I did half of 10/10 this morning and planning to do the other half after class.

Happy pulsing!
I didn't realise it was less reps. Interesting. I think I went through a few weeks where I felt I needed to split it up, but after that, I it never crossed my mind, so I haven't tried AM/PM myself. So, good to know!

Given the 20 minute time frame of Wake up, Wind Down, I suspect it is very similar to AM/PM along with the number of reps, although it could have some Evo moves in it. If you try it, please let us know.

The DVD's are a lot more expensive in Canada. If they were the same prices here as they were there, my collection would be more extensive, for sure.
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 04-26-2017 at 07:51 PM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #639
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I didn't realise it was less reps. Interesting. I think I went through a few weeks where I felt I needed to split it up, but after that, I it never crossed my mind, so I haven't tried AM/PM myself. So, good to know!

Given the 20 minute time frame of Wake up, Wind Down, I suspect it is very similar to AM/PM along with the number of reps, although it could have some Evo moves in it. If you try it, please let us know.

The DVD's are a lot more expensive in Canada. If they were the same prices here as they were there, my collection would be more extensive, for sure.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it says how many reps to do in AM/PM and then says to work up to 100 reps, but doesn't give you time to do that many. So, you'd have to pause it a lot.

That sucks that the DVDs are so much more. I've been surprised that all the new ones are only $10 or less in the US. The older ones are more like $20. except for Cardio, which was a lot more. I paid $33 for cardio but haven't received yet.

Went ahead and ordered Wake up, Wind Down after my workout tonight so I'll let you all know how it is soon!
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #640
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 69
Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Haha I'm laughing at myself. Got a shipping notification this morning for Callanetics Express. I thought I was ordering Wind Up, Wind Down last night. They have very similar covers but I'm still unsure how I didn't notice. This sleep deprived thing is getting to me. More sleep is in order this weekend.

Anyway, it looks like a good DVD so I'll keep it. It's 5 workouts. 1 full body express, one ab, lower body, stretch workout and an UPPER Body one! I'm most excited to try the upper body, says it uses resistance bands.

I'm going to still order Wind up, Wind down but I'll probably wait until next week. Hoping these expresss ones will be good and I should be able to do them before work since I think most are around 17 mins and one is 25 mins. I'll definitely post a review.
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:21 AM   #641
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 369
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Oops! Well, now you'll have more to choose from!


----------------------------

I went to the chiropractor yesterday, so hopefully this new alignment will positively affect my Callanetics and the results I experience.
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.