Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #121
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/204/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDParrish View Post
Still maintaining on CAD. Weekly weight is now 155.0 which I hope is some muscle mass as I have modified my strength training with more reps. My arthritis is SOOOO much better on Cad! It allows me to work out harder and more often. My wife still says I must not lose any more weight.

Iakaren- I have read on the forum through the past years many people suggesting that there is a difference between CAD and CALP, but I honestly don't understand that. I have all the books except "Heart Healthy" and just consider each a repackaging of the same basic ideas. (I hope that comment does not reopen that whole discussion again.) Anyway, the first book is great and will work for you unless there are hidden carbs in your CMs.

I have not had the slightest trouble sticking to the plan. Haven't cheated even once since I started 8 and 1/2 months ago. I did sense a temptation to add lots of carb to the RM, (it is called Carbo Creep by the Hellers) but I discovered that the A1 steak sauce that I was using on my steak or burger at lunch CM was the culprit. When I cut that out, the "balance" of the RM restored naturally.

At another point I realized that I was really looking forward to my RM each day. I started thinking about it at 3 or 4 in the afternoon and was planning my desserts each day, which is fine I guess, but it made me suspicious about what was happening. I cut out a vinaigrette dressing (natural flavorings) and that feeling went away. Now since I do not get hungry any more, I can postpone the RM, whenever I need to. I do not skip the RM unless absolutely necessary.

"FOOD" has lost its hold on me. I am completely free of the cravings.
Sounds like things are working for you. Good.

I have read both CAD and CALP. I agree with you. I have determined my lifestyle fits better with CAD. I think either would work, but I have too many meals that are on the run (literally) So I can stick to CAD easier. And I just need to stick to something. That is my major obstacle.

But my eating is more under control after a week of CAD. That is a good start (and 2# down)
......177.0....174.0.....174.0....183.0....184.0.. ..183.5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5 ....204
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #122
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BDParrish
Stats: 192.5/153.5/original goal was 165
WOE: CAD/CALP Rachael Heller
Start Date: January 14, 2017
Still maintaining on CAD!

Just checking in and waving "Howdy" to everyone here. Still following CAD/CALP. Have not cheated once since starting in January 2017. Current weight is 155, which is ten pounds under my goal and a total of probably forty or more pounds lost. The bathroom scale also says 14% body fat.

This is the easiest thing I have ever done. Following the plan just as it is presented in the books. No tweaks. No modifications at all. Why would I? No need to, the cravings are gone!
BDParrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #123
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/204/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDParrish View Post
Just checking in and waving "Howdy" to everyone here. Still following CAD/CALP. Have not cheated once since starting in January 2017. Current weight is 155, which is ten pounds under my goal and a total of probably forty or more pounds lost. The bathroom scale also says 14% body fat.

This is the easiest thing I have ever done. Following the plan just as it is presented in the books. No tweaks. No modifications at all. Why would I? No need to, the cravings are gone!
Fantastic!! Good to have you check in.

CAD is only thing that works for my life, and I have to get back to it.
Just started "seriously" this morning. Then scale has been creeping up, and I just have to stick with this way of eating. I have done it before, and I agree.....it works.

BUT I have ton stick to the rules. My restart is today.
......177.0....174.0.....174.0....183.0....184.0.. ..183.5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5 ....204
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:16 AM   #124
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BDParrish
Stats: 192.5/153.5/original goal was 165
WOE: CAD/CALP Rachael Heller
Start Date: January 14, 2017
Christmas Without Cravings

Well on Christmas Day I cheated for the first and only time since starting the CAD last January! Our family has a 39 year tradition of enjoying Wifey's home-made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. For weeks, I had told them all what I was going to do, They were like, "Of course. Why are you even bringing this up?" Kate Birdette, did NOT do this, she was true as ever, capturing one of the rolls and saving it for dessert at the RM later.

"This is your big moment Dad," she said as she saw me start in. Absolute perfection. The rolls were perfect. These were the best I think she has ever done.

Two bites into the second roll it hit. I had eaten one roll maybe 2 inches across in size with some black coffee. The second bite of the second roll I felt stuffed. This is that natural hormonal appetite control mechanism with which we on CAD are so familiar. I get it at every RM when I am half way through my dessert, and have so every day since January 14th, 2017.

"I forgot my cinnamon roll!" Katie realized later that evening. She did not forget dessert as part of her Christmas feast that day, but she had the roll the next night.

And so passed our Christmas without cravings. Ruthie Bird took the group selfie by the tree which showed such a difference from last year. "Look how thin we all are," she said.
BDParrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #125
Rosalynne
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosalynne
Stats: 160/145/120
WOE: CAD
Start Date: 9/27/2015
Is there a 2018 thread?

And "hi" everyone. It's been a while. But I'm 10 lbs down.
Rosalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #126
homespun3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: homespun3
2018 thread?

Iím hoping for a 2018 thread to lurk around on! It is so helpful to read all the encouraging posts. Iím a little over a month in and Iím just starting to see small results. Itís a great feeling! Iíve just got my husband on board too and he is following it like s champ. I have no doubt, he will surpass me in no time. It makes such a difference to have a partner in this, especially on the weekends when there is so much pressure to ďbondĒ over food.
homespun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #127
elainesmith
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elainesmith
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2010
CAN THIS REALLY WORK FOR ME?

A LITTLE BACKGROUND INFO:
I have the original book somewhere, but it didn't work for me back then
BECAUSE I USED THE REWARD MEAL AS A FREE-FOR-ALL-BUFFET
I see that now from reading your posts.

I'm 65, 405 lb, in a wheelchair but in good health (only HBP and arthritis)
mostly pain free since LC
started low carb diet 12/26/2017 and have lost 15 lbs since and pleased with that loss.

Breakfast isn't important to me usually but I need lunch and dinner. Occasionally I'd like to have old family meals (spaghetti and meat sauce, mac and cheese, a slice of homemade cake) without messing up everything I have worked so hard to do.
I love cauliflower, cabbage and only ate rice a couple times a year BUT NOW I WANT RICE SOOO BAD BUT not cauliflower/cabbage rice!!!!

Low carbing makes those recipes not "old family recipe worthy" Know what I mean?
Low carb means lots of unusual ingredients and subs for most EVERYTHING! Not really sure that that is good for my body anymore.

DO YOU THINK I CAN LOSS 200 LBS, in a reasonable length of time and still enjoy family meals? How long do you think it would take to lose that much weigh realistically?
I was hoping to lose 3 lbs a week since I have sooo much to lose but haven't done that.

Any help/ideas are appreciated...Elaine
elainesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #128
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hi Elainesmith. I was just lurking around the forum and spotted your post. I don't think there are many people here doing CAD/CALP anymore. I think it's a very good plan for those who find strict low carb difficult, but most people on this forum follow low carb. I think this plan would work for you, as long as your kept your RM under control. Sometimes eating carbs can snowball and cause a binge. I know you could lose 200 lbs if you follow the plan as written, but I don't know how long it would take. When you think about it, is it important how long it takes? How long did it take you to get to 405 lbs?

Maybe if you start the plan and post your results here, others will join it. Good luck to you.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #129
Eris Kaos
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eris Kaos
Help for Newbies!

Is there a post defining the terms "CAD" "CAM" etcetera? I'm SO confused!

Thank you
Eris Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #130
elainesmith
Senior LCF Member

Thanks PACarolsue, no the weight didn't jump on over night...LOL.

I think I will try this as I don't mind low carb BUT after months doing it...it gets so boring!
I miss bread--whole wheat not almond! Sometimes I just need something that is forbidden and nothing else will satisfy.

I ordered the books and I will try it...do people mix the two diet plans?
Old 03-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #131
elainesmith
Senior LCF Member

stevia?

is stevia counted as a artificial sweetener?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #132
pianowrite
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pianowrite
Stats: Goal: 130
Hi, elainesmith! Have you tried CAD? Is it working for you? I wish you great success!!
pianowrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #133
pianowrite
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pianowrite
Stats: Goal: 130
Is there a 2018 thread? Anyone out there?
pianowrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #134
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
This thread has not had much traffic in 2018. Now that the forum is closing, any one who is interested will have to find a new home. There is no thread for CAD/CALP on lcneighborhood.com but that doesn't mean you couldn't go there and start one up. Others who are interested will surely join in. The alternative would be to join ActiveLowCarbers. They have a thread there for CAD/CALP. There are only a couple people posting there long term, but I think they would be happy to see some others join in.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote