Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #811
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/183/145
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: Oct 2017
I know this doesn't fit in with any of our diet plans, but I wanted to share this appetizer recipe that I plan to take to family holiday dinners. Haven't tried it yet, but the recipe sounds super good to me. I love dried apricots or cheesecake, and even better together. I like that these are served cold so that I can make them the day before. The recipe doesn't say how many apricots.

Apricot Appetizers

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar (or 6 pkts. Splenda)
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans
dried apricots (soft ones)

With a fork, stir together the cream cheese and sugar. Stir in the milk and vanilla until well blended, then stir in the nuts.

Place 1 teaspoon of the filling on each apricot.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #812
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I used to eat Puffed Rice and Puffed Wheat as a kid. My mother bought it because it was cheap. I think you can get it in those bags that they sell that are copies of brand name cereal. I forget the name of them.

I never liked counting points because I do mostly scratch cooking. It's hard to know the points value for a home recipe, I think. I haven't been counting anything for a while and the scale tells me I'd better start counting calories....or something.

I've been dieting for so many years I seem to know instinctively how much I can eat and still lose weight. I just don't do it.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #813
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Yes, my parents also bought off-brand puffed wheat and rice in bags. I already checked that out at Walmart, and they had puffed wheat, but no puffed rice. Next week, if the weather cooperates, I plan to look at Aldi, Dollar Tree, Ruler Foods and Schnuck's. If not, I'll give up.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #814
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hello everyone! I officially started WW-at-work this past Wednesday. So far, I love the new system and Connect. Hopefully I'll have more time this weekend to add a bit more information about myself, and thanks for the warm welcome last month when I 'peeked' in here.
SHERI Happy to have you join us.

Bracelet

That recipe sounds yummy! I didn't notice you had said puffed rice. I don't think I've ever eaten them.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-13-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:16 AM   #815
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Freestyle
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi friends. Sorry to be missing for so long. I'm doing well with free styling. Lately I've added in some extra walking also. There's a nice walking path in the forest not far from me so it's been an interesting place to go. My roommate sometimes walks with me and I've got a WW friend I walk with after our meeting each week.

I got the new Freestyle cookbook and I've been trying more recipes which helps with feeling satisfied while eating less points. Been having some nice salads too. I keep stocked up on the WW mug cakes I get at my meeting and that has been my dessert almost every day for only 3 points. I have fruit and Chobani yogurt every day also. My fav fruit lately has been frozen dark sweet cherries. Feels pretty decadent to enjoy them after so many years of them being off the lowcarb diet menus.

Anyway, it's good to be on track and the weight is coming off nicely again after those tough few months the end of last year. I'm keeping my head in the game and working on the mindset shifts necessary to get me to goal weight this year.

My trainer and I are going to be putting together a vision board next month. I'm gathering pics for it now. One of my goals this year is to do one of the many 5k walks I see people taking part in.

So, here I am. Berta, don't be mad at me and ground me Sorry you felt like I left you hanging

Sue
Old 01-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #816
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubee
Stats: 160/155
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: May 1, 2016
Good morning! Weigh in Sunday. If my scale isn't lying, I lost a lb. . Last week it was 1/2. Maybe I'm moving again.

Hi, Sue. I have been having frozen strawberries with my yogurt, but cherries sound yummy. I have cherry extract, and sometimes add it to a strawberry smoothie. (Shhhh.... don't tell the strawberries.). I am finally out of frozen strawberries, so will pick up some cherries. I so enjoy that creamy sweetness at night. And it does feel like cheating. My mindset is changing though....food freedom, Freestyle. To me, this is the best plan so far.
Rubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #817
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't looked for Puffed Rice OR Puffed Wheat lately, but out of curiosity I googled to see if they still make it. If you go on the Quaker website and find the product, you can enter your zip code and it will show any stores in your area that carry it. I was surprised there is only 1 store in my area, and it's not a store I go to, and really not close enough for me to go there just for Puffed Rice if I wanted it.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #818
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Sue, so good to see that you are back again and glad that things are going so well for all of you on the new Freedom plan. I was doing pretty well. Had lost 3 pounds by Sat. morning, but went off yesterday and when I weighed this morning, the 3 pounds were back. Was also off my diet today, so tomorrow's weigh in will be very bad. A gain, I'm sure. But starting tomorrow I can get back into my routine of staying on for 6 days per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
If you go on the Quaker website and find the product, you can enter your zip code and it will show any stores in your area that carry it. I was surprised there is only 1 store in my area, and it's not a store I go to, and really not close enough for me to go there just for Puffed Rice if I wanted it.
For me, the nearest stores are in St. Louis, over 30 miles away. Too far and too much traffic just for a box of cereal. Am hoping I can find an off-brand at one of the stores around here.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #819
kristina
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: 250/227/135
Start Date: 9-4-16
well, I'm not typing on my phone any more, so I can actually come here again

I hate typing on my phone...

still on the program. Haven't lost much yet I got a stomach ache the other day (I think it was the beets I ate along with some raw carrots. Gotta take it easy at first after I haven't eaten this way for a long time. So, anywho I was drinking Sprite and eating pepto trying to get it to quit hurting. crackers too
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:51 AM   #820
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/152/125-130
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Just popping in to spread support. I joined WW online only 6 weeks ago. I’m down 16 and happy with that! I have done many plans and they all work. My issue is maintenance. I love low carb till I fall off the wagon. I love fasting or JUDDD unless life gets in the way and the food addiction comes back. Lol.
I’m finding WW to be a normal comfortable way to eat. No restrictions other than portion size and even then I can plan around with that.
I downloaded an app on my phone but he’s on Facebook and YouTube. I listen everyday and find it very inspiring. Just look up Why’s advice.
Mike has really helped me focus. Together we can lose and maintain.
I hope this helps at least one person as much as it has helped me.
I am going to attend my first meeting on Wednesday. This has got to be the last time I lose the fat. I’m not sure if I’ll join meetings yet, but if not, I will soon. I want to become lifetime and get my app free. I love my app and I need accountability of face to face weigh ins.
Here’s to good focus on towards goal!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #821
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi friends. Sorry to be missing for so long. I'm doing well with free styling. Lately I've added in some extra walking also. There's a nice walking path in the forest not far from me so it's been an interesting place to go. My roommate sometimes walks with me and I've got a WW friend I walk with after our meeting each week.

I got the new Freestyle cookbook and I've been trying more recipes which helps with feeling satisfied while eating less points. Been having some nice salads too. I keep stocked up on the WW mug cakes I get at my meeting and that has been my dessert almost every day for only 3 points. I have fruit and Chobani yogurt every day also. My fav fruit lately has been frozen dark sweet cherries. Feels pretty decadent to enjoy them after so many years of them being off the lowcarb diet menus.

Anyway, it's good to be on track and the weight is coming off nicely again after those tough few months the end of last year. I'm keeping my head in the game and working on the mindset shifts necessary to get me to goal weight this year.

My trainer and I are going to be putting together a vision board next month. I'm gathering pics for it now. One of my goals this year is to do one of the many 5k walks I see people taking part in.

So, here I am. Berta, don't be mad at me and ground me Sorry you felt like I left you hanging

Sue

YOU ARE BACK
Well for certain I'm not mad at you. Just concerned about you. With all the fires and mudslides in California I had no idea if you were caught in any of it. THANK GOD you are okay !!!!!

I too am LOVING FREESTYLE. I am back in the 230's. I am pretty certain I have lost again this week . That makes 6 weeks I have had a loss since Freestyle. BIG difference from just Smart Points OH I'm in love

All the or most of the zero point foods are the ones I was eating so now I can eat them have my cake too

If you take an angel food cake mix and mix it a cake mix and put it in a bag and shake it up till its all mixed together well. Then take 3 Tbs of the mix 2 Tbs of water and put in a cup and zap it for 3 min. You have a mug cake for 3 SP. Cheaper that way than at the meetings.

I'll be back to post my meeting weigh in tomorrow. Please keep posting I miss you when you are not here.I would Everyone as far as that goes.

P>S> You are not grounded any longer

Last edited by Berta48; 01-15-2018 at 05:52 PM..
Old 01-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #822
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Just popping in to spread support. I joined WW online only 6 weeks ago. I’m down 16 and happy with that! I have done many plans and they all work. My issue is maintenance. I love low carb till I fall off the wagon. I love fasting or JUDDD unless life gets in the way and the food addiction comes back. Lol.
I’m finding WW to be a normal comfortable way to eat. No restrictions other than portion size and even then I can plan around with that.
I downloaded an app on my phone but he’s on Facebook and YouTube. I listen everyday and find it very inspiring. Just look up Why’s advice.
Mike has really helped me focus. Together we can lose and maintain.
I hope this helps at least one person as much as it has helped me.
I am going to attend my first meeting on Wednesday. This has got to be the last time I lose the fat. I’m not sure if I’ll join meetings yet, but if not, I will soon. I want to become lifetime and get my app free. I love my app and I need accountability of face to face weigh ins.
Here’s to good focus on towards goal!

Happy to have you join us. Freestyle is the bomb!!!!!! I was losing .2 a week since Freestyle I've averaged 1.7 a week.
Post often and we will support one another. This is a great bunch of gals.Not all are on WW but still on the same journey!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 01-15-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 01-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #823
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina View Post
well, I'm not typing on my phone any more, so I can actually come here again

I hate typing on my phone...

still on the program. Haven't lost much yet I got a stomach ache the other day (I think it was the beets I ate along with some raw carrots. Gotta take it easy at first after I haven't eaten this way for a long time. So, anywho I was drinking Sprite and eating pepto trying to get it to quit hurting. crackers too

Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #824
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I do that cake sometimes, but the recipe I have is the 3-2-1 cake. 3T of mix, 2T of water, cook in microwave 1 minute. The grandkids love making their own. I guess there a lots of ways to do the mug cake. .?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #825
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Kristina, I use my phone and I spend more time correcting than posting. My eyes are so bad. Glad for you that you don't have to use yours to come here.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #826
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
Berta, I do that cake sometimes, but the recipe I have is the 3-2-1 cake. 3T of mix, 2T of water, cook in microwave 1 minute. The grandkids love making their own. I guess there a lots of ways to do the mug cake. .?
Oh my goodness! Thanks Rubee I put that in wrong. If you cooked it for 3 min. you wouldn't be able to eat it Thanks for the correction!!!

Old 01-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #827
Berta48
Berta48

Sue
I made a BIG error on that mug cake. It's one min. NOT 3!

Old 01-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #828
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

If you take an angel food cake mix and mix it a cake mix and put it in a bag and shake it up till its all mixed together well. Then take 3 Tbs of the mix 2 Tbs of water and put in a cup and zap it for 1 min. You have a mug cake for 3 SP. Cheaper that way than at the meetings.
I wonder if it would work with the sugar free cake mixes they have now?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #829
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I wonder if it would work with the sugar free cake mixes they have now?
Yes. That's what I use. You can also make it with just a can of pumpkin. Its very moist and good.Not like a regular cake but tastes good. 3SP. Cut into 12 slices. I make it in a bundt pan.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #830
Berta48
Berta48

Well gang
I lost another 1.4 this week. I can hardly believe I am losing so well. At the top of our meeting weight chart book is a goal for each month. I had 238 for this month. I made that goal tonight and still have two more weeks this month
Next month its 234. praying I can surpass that too.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #831
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well gang
I lost another 1.4 this week. I can hardly believe I am losing so well. At the top of our meeting weight chart book is a goal for each month. I had 238 for this month. I made that goal tonight and still have two more weeks this month
Next month its 234. praying I can surpass that too.
That's great. I am so glad that WW came out with their new plan. All of you seem to be doing very well on it.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #832
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes. That's what I use. You can also make it with just a can of pumpkin. Its very moist and good.Not like a regular cake but tastes good. 3SP. Cut into 12 slices. I make it in a bundt pan.
So, you're using a box of angel food, a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin? The small can, 15 oz? I think even DH would eat that as long as I didn't tell him it was SF cake mix. LOL He considers sugar one of the essential food groups.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #833
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
So, you're using a box of angel food, a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin? The small can, 15 oz? I think even DH would eat that as long as I didn't tell him it was SF cake mix. LOL He considers sugar one of the essential food groups.
No sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. It's an angel food cake mix with sugar free cake mix.
Another way is a cake mix with a can of pumpkin, just a regular size can probably 15 1\2 ounces.

Or a brownie mix with a can of black beans. Or a cake mix with a can of diet soda any flavor! I add two or three eggs to mine, but it's not necessary.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-17-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Old 01-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #834
Jennyl
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I've been thinking about trying weight watchers. Does anyone do it on their own? without joining?
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #835
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyl View Post
I've been thinking about trying weight watchers. Does anyone do it on their own? without joining?
Jenny
For me it doesn't work. I need the meetings. That's where I learn and meet new people and get encouragement. Earn charms for my success.Plus it gives me time to myself once a week!
Everyone is different. So just try it and see how you do. I think Rubee on this thread does it at home.? There are calculators,recipes and info on the internet for free.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #836
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I used to go to meetings. When I quit and tried to continue on my own I lost the incentive to do it. I needed the meetings. I think there are some who do it on their own according to what I've read on the internet.

The first time I did it I did the online version. I still have access to my online account but only for certain things.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-18-2018 at 02:45 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #837
Jennyl
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
thanks, the meetings would be good, but it's not really in my budget at the moment.
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #838
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thanks, the meetings would be good, but it's not really in my budget at the moment.
Not long ago I was doing WW Smart Points, and didn't join. I bought a new WW Smart Points Starter Kit which included the calculator at eBay. Right now, because of the new WW Freestyle Plan, they are selling what they call a Freestyle Welcome Kit, which can be purchased with or without the calculator.

Another alternative is that all the information a person would need to follow the Freestyle Plan is online, as are online calculators. Plus we will be glad to help you out in any way we can.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #839
momacat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momacat
Quote:
I follow weight watchers on my own. It works for me.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #840
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/152/125-130
WOE: Weight Watchers, IF and knowledgeable
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
I started with the online plan and now I’m doing meetings as well. It’s nit in our budget either but After losing and gaining so many times I need a maintenance plan. Meetings are my plan.

I made baked oatmeal muffins today. 1/2 cup oatmeal teaspoon of baking powder and a little sweetener and cinnamon. Mixed with 1/2 a banana and a half cup of apple sauce. Then you can add in more apple or fruit or cocoa powder or nuts whatever. Even pumpkin instead of banana. Or an egg. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes they are wet and don’t rise too much but mmm. A 1/2 cup oatmeal makes 3 1 point muffins. So many variations to choose from. Healthy breakfast snack. I had 2 one hot with apple chunks and a cool chocolate one both were satisfying. I’ll keep experimenting .
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote