Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #61
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hi all...off to our mini trip. Have a most excellent day!

PS: There is a book called "Delay, Dont Deny" and many on Facebook are losing with the one meal a day - and many very carby! Interesting
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #62
srinath_69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: srinath_69
Stats: 238/149/138
WOE: Fibonnaci fasting, BPT atkins 20
Start Date: Jun 1, July 25, Aug 15, sept 15, Oct 12
What worked @ 200 isn't working on my second or 12th pass @ 165 I guess.
I also am getting more bone and of late more muscle as well due to the heavy weight workouts and sprints. Maybe I'm building muscle and not significantly burning fat. Fasting preferentially builds bone and organs (intestines especially) due to the HGH, throw in the weights and associated testosterone maybe some type of muscle bulking by retaining water is happening.
I'll take a 6 pack if I am not getting a flab free stomach. Or better yet, gimme both.

As much as my wife hates my diet, she's objectifying me and cant help feeling up the 6 pack, which is ironic, cos only 2 are in the pack, the other 4 are in long term hiding. LOL.

Thanks.
Srinath.
srinath_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #63
DiamondDeb
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 150+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hi all...off to our mini trip. Have a most excellent day!

PS: There is a book called "Delay, Dont Deny" and many on Facebook are losing with the one meal a day - and many very carby! Interesting
I have that & started reading it and stopped...not sure why. Maybe Hurricane Irma distracted me? I need to get back to it.

Get the right perspective. When Goliath came against the Israelites,
the soldiers all thought, He is so big. We can never kill him."
David looked at the same giant and thought, "He is so big. I can't miss." ~ Russell Johnston
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #64
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Srinath, lol - Too funny.

Diamond Deb, Its an iteresting read. She has helped a lot of people lose on OMAD and she isn't a low carber at all. But very adamant about clean fasting. No sweeteners or sugar free drinks.

Back from the mini trip and ready to get back to it
Old 11-19-2017, 09:31 AM   #65
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. What's everyone's fasting plan this coming week?

I may have my OMAD early this week and see how I do. Even Thanksgiving. I don't over eat Thanksgiving ever so I am not worrying about all the foods. I am bringing low carb stuff and my seltzer water
Old 11-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #66
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I bought Delay, Don't Deny on my Kindle but returned it. There was nothing new there for me and a lot of it was a rehash of Dr. Fung's blog. The author gave him credit, but I have already read what he has written multiple times, I don't need a repeat.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #67
DiamondDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I bought Delay, Don't Deny on my Kindle but returned it. There was nothing new there for me and a lot of it was a rehash of Dr. Fung's blog. The author gave him credit, but I have already read what he has written multiple times, I don't need a repeat.
Definitely donít buy it expecting to learn new facts about fasting. Weíve got that one. Donít eat.

I got it to read about the authorís personal experience and to hear the stories of others. I like to read for inspiration sometimes. I vaguely recall posting about that right after I got it (also Kindle).

David looked at the same giant and thought, "He is so big. I can't miss." ~ Russell Johnston
Old 11-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #68
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Definitely donít buy it expecting to learn new facts about fasting. Weíve got that one. Donít eat. .
When you put it that way it makes me wonder what I could possibly have expected,
Old 11-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #69
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
:-( I have done SO well EFing the last few weeks...but I kind of bombed this weekend. My last fast, which was supposed to be 4-5 days, ended with some nuts on day 3, and lots more on day 4, and food on day 5. So I was already shaky coming in to the weekend. Sat I did not eat well--was way over my normal 20 carbs. Still in ketosis this morning, but just barely. Overate today as well, altho at least it was all lc. I'm planning on fasting tomorrow, but I'm feeling pretty shaky.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #70
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

betterthanever, Interesting. Well let us see how this week goes. I had intended a 23:1 yesterday but the food wasn't ready and we had a million life interruptions. Then I got hungry late! And that is life. I was also very tired from our trip so that plays into how well I can fast. Today shall be better. But back to your week, can you pin point what was up? I know for me sometimes its true hunger and some times its mental.

My own thoughts on the "Delay, Don't Deny" fasting is it does work for many people according to her and her Facebook group. I think I read Jason Fung said he does OMAD for maintenance and was thinking he didn't think OMAD was an action to lose at all? But on the Obesity Code Facebook and The Delay one, many people lose on it. So I guess as we LCF know for years, each person is different.

The Delay group also shows many people have an interesting pattern with food...the emotional part of it. It's because it's giving the person freedom to eat whatever they want and many are still so emotionally attached to food, they eat a lot of garbage. But the author says this too shall pass and eventually the faster will eat more real healthier foods. I am not sold on that and me for one, would not want my meals filled with carbage because I don't want heart disease, high blood sugars and inflammation. Seems very counter productive to the good stuff of clean fasting. My 2 cents.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading it. She seems like a real genuine sweet lady who wants to help others and she is very available on line. But for me, she isn't a keto/lowcarber per say and that is why I wouldnt hang my hat on her way of eating

I am NOT liking getting off Stevia but I am doing it. hahah

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 11-20-2017 at 08:59 AM..
Old 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM   #71
DiamondDeb

Stevie, it isn’t really about OMAD working or not. That is just what Dr. Fung sees. It is eating any one way every single day that can slow or stall results. I’ve experienced it and so have countless others. It can happen eating 3 meals per day, too. Just about any WOE can lead to the same kind of stall. The simple fix is don’t eat the same way every day. It does work.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #72
DiamondDeb

I’d expect eating junk carbs for OMAD every day would eventually leads to eating junk carbs multiple times per day.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #73
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I DID fast today...wasn't sure if I'd be able to, but I did. That was encouraging. When I was talking to myself yesterday, I reminded myself that I was hoping to do some "feasting" on Thanksgiving, which would need to be followed by fasting...so this was a good chance to see if I could do it--go into a fast when I wasn't really "feeling it." So, I'm encouraged that it worked. Wasn't my easiest day of fasting, I admit.

Stevie, it seems to me like it would have to have been a mental thing. I still have plenty of fat left on my body--I'm still in the overweight category, although not by a lot. Just thinking though...this is about the lowest I've ever been since I was a teen. So, maybe my body is freaking out a little about the possibility of going lower, since this is (in a few pounds, anyway) the lowest I've been. Hmm. That's something to think about. I hear about so many people my height who are 40 lbs less than I am. I would think I'd be able to get down at least part of that way! I'm wearing a size 12 comfortably...I feel like I'm a "normal" size now. I've never, ever been small. So...maybe my body was just having trouble adjusting to the idea of going smaller, and it rebelled by pushing "hunger."

Thanks for letting me think this through and mull over possibilities. Not sure if I'll fast tomorrow or eat. I'd like to move to an every other day fasting routine, but this week may not be the time. I have to cook Wednesday, and I don't want to make that a fasting day, lest I fail at it while cooking.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #74
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

Awww, ok thanks Deb. I see what you mean. Appreciate the feedback. And yeah you know eating carbage just seems so counter productive on a regular basis with all we have learned about health.

Better, perhaps you are right. Yeah you could fast yesterday! I know what you mean about Thanksgiving and navigating your thoughts and plans. I was thinking of having some wine but I decided NOPE not doing it. I am brining some seltzer water and will enjoy the event

Did a most excellent fast yesterday. Went to the movies and sat next to the hubby enjoying his popcorn. We shared a water and I was perfectly happy. We saw Murder on the Orient Express. It was enjoyable. I opened my window at 4:30 and ended at 5:20.

And YEAH for fasting. We went away for 2 days. I only skipped breakfast. We had medium carbs I guess and I had wine. Came home and got back to fasting by Sunday. Weighed in and on TOM, down a smidge and no GAIN! What! I can see it in my face and my torso inch loss. Still looking to lose 14 more if I believe my online calculator but for me I would like 24 more

Plan today....errands, keep busy, nails done. 23:1 -

Tomorrow is my 54 BD and I feel so much better this year then last. That's a gift from God and fasting for sure.

PS: Any thoughts on this...my dear mom is 75. She has some serious health issue issues like COPD and Congenital Heart Failure so she cannot drink a lot of liquids nor consume salt very much. But she is interested in fasting. I need to do some homework. Have you heard through your journey people like her still able to short term fast? Her goal is not weight loss per say but health.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #75
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

How is everyone? I did a 22:2 yesterday. I have a dental plate in my mouth that keeps me from eating in public ( implant surgery) so I just drank seltzer water and took my food home later. I had my first meal at 5:30. About a 2 hour window.

Today I have a girls night so will fast till I eat then she arrives.

Looking to do my first 36 hour mid week next week! Anyone make sole water?

Old 11-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #76
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Hi, folks, I've been off the boards for a few days. I ate for three days in a row (Wed, Thurs. and Fri.) choices were made on purpose due to work and family celebrations. The good news is on none of those days did I eat the amounts or the frequencies that I have in past years. I ate 2 times a day and walked aways from food that I really didn't want and amounts that I really didn't want. The other good news is I am only two pounds above my low. I think IF is really healing my appetite and metabolism. I am fasting right now and it is a relief. About 14 hours into a 24 or perhaps my first 36 hour fast. If I break early it will turn into a regular JUDDD down day. But it feels like a very doable fast.

This just seemed SO impossible 6 months ago. I'm grateful.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #77
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Great report Quiet

I am just about to go simmer turkey bones for broth for next weeks fasting. I am fasting today but tomorrow we have date night/decorating evening with hubby so I will have a low carb meal but some champagne too. Not a lot but a little! hahah

I am also starting a walking challenge with myself. I am not as consistent as I need to be or want. I need new shows and have been looking but alas, nothing yet!

Have a most awesome weekend

PS: I was happy to report I got " you lost weight" comments. So yeah. Fasting is working for me.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #78
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Great report Quiet

I am just about to go simmer turkey bones for broth for next weeks fasting. I am fasting today but tomorrow we have date night/decorating evening with hubby so I will have a low carb meal but some champagne too. Not a lot but a little! hahah

I am also starting a walking challenge with myself. I am not as consistent as I need to be or want. I need new shows and have been looking but alas, nothing yet!

Have a most awesome weekend

PS: I was happy to report I got " you lost weight" comments. So yeah. Fasting is working for me.
What kind of new shows for walking? Ohh, I bet you are on a treadmill.

What kind of shows do you like?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #79
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Lol how embarrassing. I meant new shoes!!

I walk out doors. It was hot yesterday but I walked fast with a purpose and it ended up being about 22 Minutes. Today is a bit cooler so maybe I can manage 30 Minutes.

I did something new for myself. Well kinda, I did it in 2016 too. Anyway I opened my window early. 2:30. And I ate well. Very good quality high fat foods and made my turmeric golden paste with olive oil( I have osteoarthritis and right now my left fingers are inflamed from life) anyway, I am looking at 24 hours so far. Usually I open my window later.

I made turkey broth for 24 hours in the crock pot. House smells amazing. I am gearing up for a 36-42 hour fast starting Tuesday.

And I am doing great on clean fasting. But I do miss my Stevia I won’t lie. But I’m more committed to losing and getting healthy then using my Stevia drops.

Yesterday I re read most of the fasting book he wrote and it’s interesting how much I forgot or missed the first read.

Who’s fasting here and how are u doing.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #80
DiamondDeb

A documentary on fasting recently showed up on my “recommended” list on Prime Video and I finally watched it today. I was afraid it would be some dumb thing but, oh my! I was so wrong!

The documentary is “The Science of Fasting” and, please watch it if you can. This is important! It has doctors and film clips from Russia, Germany, France & the US. Documented medical fasts, huge improvements in countless health problems, even amazing cures.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #81
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lol how embarrassing. I meant new shoes!!

I walk out doors. It was hot yesterday but I walked fast with a purpose and it ended up being about 22 Minutes. Today is a bit cooler so maybe I can manage 30 Minutes.

I did something new for myself. Well kinda, I did it in 2016 too. Anyway I opened my window early. 2:30. And I ate well. Very good quality high fat foods and made my turmeric golden paste with olive oil( I have osteoarthritis and right now my left fingers are inflamed from life) anyway, I am looking at 24 hours so far. Usually I open my window later.

I made turkey broth for 24 hours in the crock pot. House smells amazing. I am gearing up for a 36-42 hour fast starting Tuesday.

And I am doing great on clean fasting. But I do miss my Stevia I wonít lie. But Iím more committed to losing and getting healthy then using my Stevia drops.

Yesterday I re read most of the fasting book he wrote and itís interesting how much I forgot or missed the first read.

Whoís fasting here and how are u doing.

Ohhhh, shoes. That makes more sense.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #82
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

hehe shoes, shows. Too funny.

Deb, yes, I heard of it and cannot wait to watch it! Maybe tonight since hubby is going to work out at sea for a few days.

Buttering up the ind to get my head in the fasting game of at least 36 hours. Gotta keep busy!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #83
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in. I am at 40 hours fasted using home made bone broth ( 3 small cups) and water. I feel great and I am keeping on. The hard part I guess is boredom so I just got busy. Just going to keep on trucking.

I have a heart scan test next week to see if I have any plaque. I had it done years ago and DID NOT but it can happen so I want prevention action ( I follow Wheat Belly cardio doc Dr. William Davis who is another smarty pants out there)

Anyway! Happy fasting.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #84
ab1ht
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ab1ht
Stats: 160+/154/143
WOE: Eating what Mother Nature provides
Start Date: Restart 5/6/2017
Waving hello. Haven't been on the board for ages.

Kind of embarrassed to show my face here again given how badly I've been eating and for so long. I tried getting back on the LC wagon again, but kept falling off because the evening muchies are just too much to handle. Figured I'd just be wearing my "fat boy" jeans forever.

I recently stumbled onto a facebook page that talked about Dr. Fung's fasting. I sort of gave it a try without really knowing much about it (and still don't, but reading one of his books). Just in the past week, I've been able to very quickly transition to OMAD and am feeling so much better (I only eat a lunch time). Since it fits so easily into the LC lifestyle, I figured I'd come here and do a search... and here you are!

My biggest challenge (still) has to do with meal preparation and "recipes". I use that word lightly since I'm a guy and really don't know how to measure anything more complicated than "dump in a can of ______". So any help in that area is greatly appreciated.

I recently got a small crock pot for under $10 and love it. My co-workers have been helping and I'm currently enjoying my lunch hour with some sort of "Chuckwagon bean soup".

So, yeah. Why the h-e-double-hockey-stick didn't anyone tell me about this fasting thing sooner?

Feel free to PM or friend on facebook as I'm always looking for support or new ideas (and new friends).

Cheers,
Paul
ab1ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #85
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

lol Paul, well a crock pot is GREAT. Instant Pot also GREAT. We use it for a lot of meats and home made broth.

I love fasting - feels the best all around for me and I just finished 48 hours. I had 3 cups of home made broth and lots of water.

As far as food, we keep it pretty simple. Bulk cook meat, fresh veggies, salads, olive oil, pink salt, avaocados, nuts and cheese.

The Facebook group called Obesity Code Diet ( Jason Fung) is one I am familair with. I dont have a Facebook anymore but I am aware of the group and its GREAT.

I am fasting now. I will eat tomorrow - maybe. My goal is weight loss and autophogy.

Glad to have some company!!!
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #86
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Stevie:Bulk cook meat, fresh veggies, salads, olive oil, pink salt, avaocados, nuts and cheese.

That sounds like a simple and divine plan!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #87
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Quiet! How are you And yeah, we keep it simple. And eat only raw nuts

I did ok yesterday but I did eat ( bacon, cheese and paleo mayo)

Today plan is to see if I need to eat or not. If I do, I am hoping a small, early window.

Been power walking and glad to be back to it on a regular basis!

Have not yet weighed as I don't often but I feel pretty good and I can see some shaping going on.

Have a most awesome Sat friends.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #88
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

I had a weird off day - thought I might be getting sick. But alas, today I am fine.

I am now several hours into an attempt at 48 hours or so.

Have a great Sunday friends.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #89
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

So good to finally have time to post again! I was up a few pounds the days before Thanksgiving, and then ate like a pig on Thanksgiving. Took me 7-10 days, but I'm back down. It was rough going, but I'm so thankful that I got right back on track!! I decided to try psmf again for at least the first 2 weeks of the month. I wanted to fast, and I just didn't think I'd make it through a Fung fast coming off carbs. Hence the psmf. Worked great last week, so if I continue to go down, I'll stick with it up to Christmas. If I lose nothing this week, I will probably try alternate day fasting and see how that works for me.

I'm undecided about how Thanksgiving went. I did NOT like how out of control I felt with the chocolate pie. Sigh. OTOH, I ate what I wanted that day and was back to "normal" in 7-10 days. Not too bad, although I WAS scared I wouldn't be able to get right back on the wagon. So, I'm not sure how to handle Christmas yet.

Lots of stuff going on for so many here. I praise you for staying as consistent as you could!!
Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #90
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Hi better, yes I hear you! Well that is great news to be back in the game a week or so later. As far as Christmas, I hope you can come up with a game plan that you feel is the right choice. And hey if it doesn't happen 100%, you know what to do. That's the beauty of it.

We will be having a Christmas eve dinner and I will have lots of low carb foods. I will also have champagne and enjoy it all. But I am fasting a lot and will probably fast a few days prior. Then after. lol

I was hopeful to do the 48 but I was not feeling well again! So I did 23:1. I did sleep well and today I am ok. Defrosting a 16 pound turkey and making that and broth for a good ef. I am going to use the broth as I am still in training wheel status of fasting. One day I will do water fasting for the health of it.

I think I mentioned I gave up stevia. I am so shocked I am doing it but I really don't want sweet stuff in my life as much as possible.

Well hi to all. Post soon. lol

Off to power walk and get my sweat on.

PS: I dont know what I weigh but I do see a smaller me. So yeah.