Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #451
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 298/149/183/140
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 3/25/14 and today
Aleria, that would be great! I do it with an app on my phone. Today I started week 7. Each week has 3 run/walks so I repeat them. I will be on week 7 for at least two weeks. I sort of amble. It gets me out. The dog goes with me about half the time so I call his program dog bed to 2.5K.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #452
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
That is so awesome!!!! Especially great for the dog!!

Im an awkward exerciser... Im not allowed in public breaking any sweat. lol I even blush when I have to cross the darn street! Someone always has to stop in the car and wave me to go, and Im waving back like no! you go, and they wont budge so I hold my breath and go.... gosh I hate it as they stare at me making my way across... true stories peeps. Im literally insane.

I remember researching C25K a long time ago. I wonder how tough it would be on the treadmill. Constantly switching from fast/slow.. I'll let you know how I make out!! Will try to start on Tuesday! I get home late tonight, and then Im hoping to get in an amusement park day tomorrow. At least I'll get some good steps in. So glad you brought it up!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #453
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Yo!! I just found out I can make a buffalo style "slow ro" into a buffalo style "quick ro"!!

In the instant pot, its 4-5 pounds of chicken breast, a bunch of hot sauce (they added a packet of ranch dry seasoning too) It cooks for 10 minutes under pressure, then steam gets released and its ready to shred. Thats it!!

Im also reading that it makes the most perfect hard boiled eggs. Its usually the first food newbies try to make. I may have to indulge in a few eggies.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #454
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Amy
I did C25k a few years ago. My goal then at age 50 was to at least say I had run 1 5k race in my life and I did it! I kinda lost interest after I met my goal though. I do walk 2 miles briskly each day and really need to get back to some toning exercise!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-16-2017 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #455
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

So funny Al! I think you'll do great with C25K on the treadmill. It is such a laid back challenge. (At least the way I do it.) Somebody to cue me when to run, when to walk and when I am halfway.

Jean, that is great! I am 52. I don't know that I will do a race...
Old 07-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #456
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125.4/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Good morning!
Weekend went well -- I am still chugging along... and getting excited to weigh this Friday. I was happy that today was not FAT MONDAY and I looked leaner in the mirror. Usually on Mondays I'm feeling depressed because my dress pants are tight!

I had 2 organic chicken breasts for dinner last night. I probably could've been satisfied with one, but we'd been at the beach and swimming all day so I was super hungry. Anyway, I don't think any damage was done.

It's continuing to be very hot here. This coming weekend we are taking a short little road trip either to Green Bay (where my mom is) or Chicago. Haven't decided yet as we'll do one place this weekend and one in August. Last summer we moved my mom and I was doing a potato diet.. I had all of these Gladware containers of potatoes in the car and was eating them while driving - she thought it was the goofiest thing. Even now she asks me "are you still doing the potatoes." She should be used to it by now since I went on my first diet at 14. When I am 'on something' I am very committed to it. I think Stillman's is going to be my last one though.

I really enjoy running, I've done 3 full marathons, several halfs, and many 5ks. After my thyroid tanked I had to completely stop running because it was hurting my recovery. As I'd mentioned I was running 2x daily trying to lose weight which was stupid and doing more harm than good. I didn't run for about 6 months, just did walking and gentle exercise. It was a good thing for me to learn that not exercising did NOT make me fat as long as my diet was on point. I then slowly started again more for fun and not berating my body. So, I am no longer into running long distances but I do like doing 2-4 miles a few times a week. It gives me a nice dopamine boost. Our family will be doing a family fun run 5K at our church at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to that. Amy, I wish you luck in your couch to 5K program, I have heard good things about it!!

Hope everyone has a great week. I can't "weight" to come and post my stats on Friday.

Back to the old grind...

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 07-17-2017 at 05:31 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #457
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like you are in a happy place, Melissa. Two chicken breasts isn't bad, we don't have veggies and all that to help fill us up! I remember the taters I tried it and got really shaky and weak but I did lose a little the only day I managed to stick it out.

I am up .4 today, no biggie! I admire you all that weigh far less than I do. I am always afraid that if I weigh weekly I might miss a low and then think I did not lose that week, does that make sense? I really should trust the process though as I can clearly see my belly fat is melting, no matter what the scale may say!

I will have a test this Sunday while attending my first grandchild's baby shower. There will be a homemade cake and well I love cake! The other grandmother is making it from scratch, so I know it will be good but I will somehow have to forgo it without seeming rude or anyone noticing!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-17-2017 at 06:14 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #458
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Happy un-fat Monday everyone!

DL, two chicken breasts is the right amount if you were hungry. It will be exciting to hear Friday's scale number. My goodness, you have done marathons and everything. A real runner. Great that you have the whole family involved! Moms are funny people. So cute about the potatoes. Chicken this year, Mom.

Jean, weighing daily is actually a directive in the book. Dr. Stillman said it is like taking your temperature. Useful info. He says to get to goal then weigh each day and when you are three pounds up, go right back on the QWL plan.

I'm so very grateful for all of you sharing here about this plan. It is exactly what my body needs. I am feeling well again, like I did the first two years of Atkins. The mental health and the appetite suppression are priceless. Weight loss is also good.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #459
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
Happy un-fat Monday everyone!

DL, two chicken breasts is the right amount if you were hungry. It will be exciting to hear Friday's scale number. My goodness, you have done marathons and everything. A real runner. Great that you have the whole family involved! Moms are funny people. So cute about the potatoes. Chicken this year, Mom.

Jean, weighing daily is actually a directive in the book. Dr. Stillman said it is like taking your temperature. Useful info. He says to get to goal then weigh each day and when you are three pounds up, go right back on the QWL plan.

I'm so very grateful for all of you sharing here about this plan. It is exactly what my body needs. I am feeling well again, like I did the first two years of Atkins. The mental health and the appetite suppression are priceless. Weight loss is also good.
Haha! It was un-FAT Monday indeed!!

Thanks for the kind words but I'm by no means an ultra fast runner or anything. The marathons were 10 years ago and after mile 15 I whined and cried the entire way. DH and I came in at 4:55 for our best effort and at that time decided we were not 'genetically engineered' for full marathons and switched to halfs. Or halves?? Lol.. anyway I'm glad I can cross it off the bucket list if nothing else!

I agree with you- the mental health benefits of this diet are incredible!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #460
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Sounds like you are in a happy place, Melissa. Two chicken breasts isn't bad, we don't have veggies and all that to help fill us up! I remember the taters I tried it and got really shaky and weak but I did lose a little the only day I managed to stick it out.

I am up .4 today, no biggie! I admire you all that weigh far less than I do. I am always afraid that if I weigh weekly I might miss a low and then think I did not lose that week, does that make sense? I really should trust the process though as I can clearly see my belly fat is melting, no matter what the scale may say!

I will have a test this Sunday while attending my first grandchild's baby shower. There will be a homemade cake and well I love cake! The other grandmother is making it from scratch, so I know it will be good but I will somehow have to forgo it without seeming rude or anyone noticing!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!
Jeanie I know you can do it! I will probably have some food challenges this weekend too with my mom and DH likely telling me to 'live a little' but that ain't happening! When I'm seeing results I'm on fire.. it's when I stall that I have to worry for fear I might throw in the towel.

You're in the best place I've seen you in a very long time. You've got this!!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #461
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies!! Quick check in!! So happy to see everyone is doing well!! I spent the day at the park and stayed on plan! Got home and ate some grilled chicken and Ive got ground turkey thawing! I'm so excited to try something new!! Lol and with all the walking I did today , I deserve it!!

A friend of mine is staying over so I just wanted to let you know in case I go mia a day or two. I can't wait to hear more of the potato diet when I get back!!!

We are missing some peeps here. I'm starting to get worried!! Please check back in. We are more successful when ee do this together!!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #462
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi AL. Enjoy your time with your friend! I hope everyone continues to post too

Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #463
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Melissa
I hope to continue losing and feeling well and like you said on fire this week! It will like you said be key to me resisting the cake and other food at the shower. Why does everything have to revolve around food anyway?!

Old 07-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #464
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi ladies!! Quick check in!! So happy to see everyone is doing well!! I spent the day at the park and stayed on plan! Got home and ate some grilled chicken and Ive got ground turkey thawing! I'm so excited to try something new!! Lol and with all the walking I did today , I deserve it!!

A friend of mine is staying over so I just wanted to let you know in case I go mia a day or two. I can't wait to hear more of the potato diet when I get back!!!

We are missing some peeps here. I'm starting to get worried!! Please check back in. We are more successful when ee do this together!!
Hi Al! Have fun with your friend!! And noooo there's no potato diet for me these days! That was a year ago!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #465
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Melissa
I hope to continue losing and feeling well and like you said on fire this week! It will like you said be key to me resisting the cake and other food at the shower. Why does everything have to revolve around food anyway?!
That's so true, everything revolving around food! These days I'm really enjoy g eating and then being done with it!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #466
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Melissa
That's so true, everything revolving around food! These days I'm really enjoying eating and then being done with it!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #467
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Up 1.4 today over my low 2 days ago. I am reading back a few pages as I think I recall this happening to some of you as well?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:35 AM   #468
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Up 1.4 today over my low 2 days ago. I am reading back a few pages as I think I recall this happening to some of you as well?
Being in the heat sometimes makes me retain lots of water and sometimes not- it's strange. I hope you don't get discouraged because you're doing great!

Even if I didn't lose any more weight I'm just so happy to be out of the viscous cycle of craving, bingeing, and then doing damage control!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #469
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope it is just a fluke. I definitely still have belly fat to lose!

Old 07-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #470
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, we sure know how to clear out a room! LOL

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #471
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Jeanie, we sure know how to clear out a room! LOL

Old 07-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #472
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeypie
I'm here too, ladies. I am also exactly 1.4 lbs up today Jeanie, and this is after already 4 days at the same weight. I did not exercise to retain water, nor did I drink diet soda, nor did I eat anything salty. And my calories were only 900 most days. That is not high for me, at 5ft 11.

Stick to the plan, because A LOT can happen on Stillmans in a week, between weigh-ins. Have faith. Sometimes on Stillmans in previous years (after a longer time on plan) I would stay the same for even two weeks before, and then I would drop 10 lbs in 5 days. So really, there is no way to predict the body when it starts acting like that.

Hope you two have great day! I am 100% on plan and committed. I want to see what our Saturday's weigh-in brings!
Week 4, 07/29: -5.1 lbs
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #473
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie View Post
I'm here too, ladies. I am also exactly 1.4 lbs up today Jeanie, and this is after already 4 days at the same weight. I did not exercise to retain water, nor did I drink diet soda, nor did I eat anything salty. And my calories were only 900 most days. That is not high for me, at 5ft 11.

Stick to the plan, because A LOT can happen on Stillmans in a week, between weigh-ins. Have faith. Sometimes on Stillmans in previous years (after a longer time on plan) I would stay the same for even two weeks before, and then I would drop 10 lbs in 5 days. So really, there is no way to predict the body when it starts acting like that.

Hope you two have great day! I am 100% on plan and committed. I want to see what our Saturday's weigh-in brings!
Good to see you honeypie! Thanks for the encouragement and experience! This is why I'm trying to avoid daily weighing because I get really bummed out when I see a gain yet feel I've been being very good. Doing my best to hold out til Friday before I look at the scale!!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-18-2017, 07:46 AM   #474
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks honeypie for the encouragement! Hopefully we will see losses again soon.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #475
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone doing Stillman's

I returned the book in case anyone wants to read it. My own $5 copy is on the way.

Hope all are well including those missing and busy. B, how is nursing school this week? Al, have fun with your friend but come back soon please. Where is our Australian gal?

I am so glad to be out of that viscious cycle too, DL! I am easily a slave to food.

Yes, and why do so many things revolve around food? I hate those awkward moments of being handed a dessert plate. If my husband is around I move a bite around with my fork, and have him "finish it for me." I try to be polite but, bottom line, I won't be eating carbs ever. Most people can be moderate. I cannot. Carbs don't tempt but I'm glad it is not common to be handed a plate of swiss cheese with a fork in social settings. I would certainly feel the obligation to be polite and eat all of it.

Today, day 12, I didn't feel well. It started off fine, went for my run/walk and felt well. Then in the shower I got weak, dizzy and nauseous. I thought of Honeypie's post with electrolyte and calorie warnings so I drank salt water. Tried to think what I could eat. The only thing (other than cheese) that sounded tolerable is hamburger. So I ate two well-cooked 80/20 hamburger patties with lots of salt. I'm feeling better now but they were higher fat than allowed. I'm thankful for body systems that let us know when things are off balance.

So when I go to the store I will get some leaner hamburg to keep in rotation and some of that morton's low salt with pottasium.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:56 AM   #476
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
Hi everyone doing Stillman's

I returned the book in case anyone wants to read it. My own $5 copy is on the way.

Hope all are well including those missing and busy. B, how is nursing school this week? Al, have fun with your friend but come back soon please. Where is our Australian gal?

I am so glad to be out of that viscious cycle too, DL! I am easily a slave to food.

Yes, and why do so many things revolve around food? I hate those awkward moments of being handed a dessert plate. If my husband is around I move a bite around with my fork, and have him "finish it for me." I try to be polite but, bottom line, I won't be eating carbs ever. Most people can be moderate. I cannot. Carbs don't tempt but I'm glad it is not common to be handed a plate of swiss cheese with a fork in social settings. I would certainly feel the obligation to be polite and eat all of it.

Today, day 12, I didn't feel well. It started off fine, went for my run/walk and felt well. Then in the shower I got weak, dizzy and nauseous. I thought of Honeypie's post with electrolyte and calorie warnings so I drank salt water. Tried to think what I could eat. The only thing (other than cheese) that sounded tolerable is hamburger. So I ate two well-cooked 80/20 hamburger patties with lots of salt. I'm feeling better now but they were higher fat than allowed. I'm thankful for body systems that let us know when things are off balance.

So when I go to the store I will get some leaner hamburg to keep in rotation and some of that morton's low salt with pottasium.
Hey Amy! today is 2 weeks on the diet for me so we are very close!

Sorry about your bad experience in the shower, glad you are feeling better! I have at times had higher fat foods too like the turkey brat and last weekend I had a hamburger that 'seemed' pretty lean but I guess I'm not too sure. Anyway I seem to be losing so I'm not going to sweat it. I use the Morton Lite salt too... along with Celtic Sea Salt. I probably don't use enough, I still get a little freaked out about heavily salting my food.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-19-2017, 05:01 AM   #477
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. Hope you're doing well. It was pretty quiet in here yesterday!

I am cruising along, looking forward to weighing on Friday. I JUST KNOW it's gonna be greeeeaaattt!!!!!! My hips and waist are down and I can tell a huge difference in the mirror. That is all the confirmation I need right now!

I am loving the Quest protein powder mixed with Greek yogurt. I am totally into it and will not stop unless my weigh loss stalls. I look forward to it A LOT each day.

Yesterday a co-worker and I went to lunch and I had an egg white omelet and ate about 1/4 of it. I really didn't want to go out to eat (have been trying to avoid restaurants altogether) but I was doing her annual review and it's nice to go offsite somewhere. I asked for the omelet with no oil or cheese, but still I was skeptical because it seemed very fluffy and tasted good. I was too leery to eat much of it.

Yesterday I ran 3.1 miles in 28:30. I'm continuing to work on my 5K times. There was a time I could do it in 24 mins!! Those days are over, for now. My legs are sore today so I know I pushed myself. I also walked an additional mile.

Today will be pretty low key at work (I hope)-- my morning group session and then a 2 hour meeting/safety training. Yippee. After I get through tomorrow, I will have FIVE days off!!!! I am super excited about that.

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 07-19-2017 at 05:03 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 05:15 AM   #478
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks honeypie for the encouragement! Hopefully we will see losses again soon.
I hope it's back down today Jeanie!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #479
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Amy
I am glad the burgers and salt made you feel better. I felt terrible nausea the first week or so but it passed. I still get a little tired sometimes but I need more sleep!

Melissa
Way to go on the lunch with the co-worker. I hope I am as strong at the baby shower! You are a fast runner!! Do you think it helps you lose weight at all? I remember in my brief six or so months of running that it didn't seem to make much of a difference but then when I switched to run/walk intervals I lost the last of the belly fat I was trying so hard to lose. It may have been my body just decided to drop the fat at that time, who knows? Enjoy that 5 days off, did you firm up your plans?

Down to 129 today, so a new low! Day 15 or 16, not sure I have it on my calendar at home. I do know I started at 136ish.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #480
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Feeling back to normal today. (By normal I mean fat. ) Kinda wish I hadn't eaten the hamburger but the ill feeling scared me a little. Just had plain turkey breast now. Did well stopping as soon as I was full.

DL, glad you are seeing the results without the scale this week. I'm excited for Friday for you. Three miles in 28 minutes is great. Today I had a 25 minute run and went about 1.5 miles. Had to walk a little while up a hill.

Jean, congrats on your new low! You are losing well. You may have no desire for that cake on Saturday.

Hope everyone is well.
Closed Thread