Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #631
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Look at you go!! I think that sounds about perfect for you. Who knew it could be so easy!?
What is your goal? Probably just food sanity

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 07:19 AM   #632
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I should have ignored the scale today but I didn't. Same as yesterdays weight. I was a little high in salt yesterday so I am not worried about it. Tomorrow is weigh in day.
I think I am going to start riding my bike again. I would rather do that than drop my fat down any more. I could really use the exercise anyway.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:51 AM   #633
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeypie
You guys!!! WOW!!!! So much great news! Al, 4 FREAKING POUNDS!!!! I am so excited for you! And so glad you had an amazing time!

Jeanie... hugs! Sorry about the house, it is true that every unexpected step will still lead you to the right house for YOU!

Way to go Bratty, on knowing what's right for you! Stick to the plan as is, if that is the plan that you can stick to BEST

DL - the fat free greek yogurt with the Quest is also a total GAME CHANGER for me. It is Holy Grail level discovery. I don't even normally use protein powder, but this combination literally makes me feel like I am NEVER on a diet. As in, I could literally eat this way for life. I'm so glad you loved it too! What flavor did you get first, btw? Some are definitely a lot better than the others, I think. And CONGRATS on making it through the review so well again!!

I was deflated and feeling fat for nothing last night you guys,... just goes to show what TRICKS our brains will always play on us, when given even half a chance! I was down almost a whole pound, which is A LOT for me, and which I am THRILLED about. I even had to go up to 1600 kcal, after I was already upset when I posted at 1400 kcal... because I ended up having to be up to do some work until almost 3am, and I was STARVING by midnight.

Joanne - you did great, and my hat's off to ANYONE who has to feed a family real food, while doing Stillmans. You are awesome for not letting a bite turn into something more!!

I really can't believe your FOUR POUNDS though, Al... wow. JUST WOW!!!
Week 4, 07/29: -5.1 lbs

Last edited by honeypie; 07-27-2017 at 08:52 AM..
Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #634
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125.4/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
What is your goal? Probably just food sanity
To get to 120 would be great, but more importantly finding something I can live with. I think I'm getting there. My plan is to slowly up fats in maintenance and have around 50g carb a day. I think I need to stay away from sugar long term.it seems so easy and kinda like "haven't I done this before?" But I don't understand how my desire to overeat and binge just faded away because even on Atkins way back when I used to have a carb binge every month or two.

I don't wanna speak too soon and jinx myself!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 07-27-2017 at 06:35 PM..
Old 07-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #635
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie View Post
You guys!!! WOW!!!! So much great news! Al, 4 FREAKING POUNDS!!!! I am so excited for you! And so glad you had an amazing time!

Jeanie... hugs! Sorry about the house, it is true that every unexpected step will still lead you to the right house for YOU!

Way to go Bratty, on knowing what's right for you! Stick to the plan as is, if that is the plan that you can stick to BEST

DL - the fat free greek yogurt with the Quest is also a total GAME CHANGER for me. It is Holy Grail level discovery. I don't even normally use protein powder, but this combination literally makes me feel like I am NEVER on a diet. As in, I could literally eat this way for life. I'm so glad you loved it too! What flavor did you get first, btw? Some are definitely a lot better than the others, I think. And CONGRATS on making it through the review so well again!!

I was deflated and feeling fat for nothing last night you guys,... just goes to show what TRICKS our brains will always play on us, when given even half a chance! I was down almost a whole pound, which is A LOT for me, and which I am THRILLED about. I even had to go up to 1600 kcal, after I was already upset when I posted at 1400 kcal... because I ended up having to be up to do some work until almost 3am, and I was STARVING by midnight.

Joanne - you did great, and my hat's off to ANYONE who has to feed a family real food, while doing Stillmans. You are awesome for not letting a bite turn into something more!!

I really can't believe your FOUR POUNDS though, Al... wow. JUST WOW!!!
The Holy Grail- yes, you are spot on with that!

I have only tried the vanilla Quest so far but im about to run out and will need more soon. What other flavors do you recommend?

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #636
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

I haven't tried the Vanilla because I already have a 2 lb vanilla of a different brand that was $45, and I don't even like it. So I thought I'd better at least TRY to use that up first, before I go for another vanilla. Some of the quest ones have like 4-5g carbs instead of 1-2g, but looking at the ingredients it was just erythritol - which passes right through the body so for me that's fine. So far I have tried Strawberry, Banana, Cookies n Cream, and Salted Caramel whatever. The ones I thought I would be like 'meh' are AMAZING (the strawberry and banana) and the other ones which I thought would be amazing, are definitely in the 'meh' category instead. Oh, and cinnamon toast crunch is funny. It tastes like cheesecake when mixed into the fat free yogurt. Lol.

I am really happy with the protein powder because at like 25g protein and 0g fat, plus like 3-4 NON blood glucose impacting carbs, they are great on Stillmans. I'd definitely rather have a scoop of protein powder, than a teaspoon of ketchup, let's put it that way!

I have had a somewhat ok eating day today, but i am feeling REALLY overstuffed again. It is definitely the super high protein, b/c with high protein greek yogurt, AND protein powder, AND meat, AND eggs, ... even at 900 kcal like I was today, I'm easily hitting 150g -175g grams protein per day. EASILY. And that is A LOT. One day I was even at 216g!!

But if it keeps me full on 900 kcal which NO kind of high fat low carb EVER will... I'm all for it!

I keep panicking like a crazy person about the scale stopping. But I need to let go of that, because that part is definitely not under my control right now.

I am also planning something similar to you for when I hit goal, DL. I'm just kicking myself, that I EVER put anything that is poisonous to my body in my mouth last year.

Hope everyone else had a super on-plan day today too, guys!! Everyone seems to be doing really great so far this week!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #637
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 7/26/17
Hope everyone had a great day!
I did ok, I took a few bites of things I shouldn't have and had more fat than I should have today I was having bad cravings today, but my mom took me out for lunch and I got home so late from running errands that we ran and got McDonald's for dinner. I don't think I did very bad considering, but I'm still upset with myself. I still ate under 1000 calories, but I really want to be more strict with myself. Its so much easier when I'm home the whole day without temptations.

My energy went through the roof this evening, so that was nice! My tummy is still upset and I got really bloated last night for some reason. The only thing I could find from googling it was gut bacteria imbalance from the drastic change in food consumption.

Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, I will let you all know how much things have changed.

Hoping everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #638
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Hope everyone had a great day!
I did ok, I took a few bites of things I shouldn't have and had more fat than I should have today I was having bad cravings today, but my mom took me out for lunch and I got home so late from running errands that we ran and got McDonald's for dinner. I don't think I did very bad considering, but I'm still upset with myself. I still ate under 1000 calories, but I really want to be more strict with myself. Its so much easier when I'm home the whole day without temptations.

My energy went through the roof this evening, so that was nice! My tummy is still upset and I got really bloated last night for some reason. The only thing I could find from googling it was gut bacteria imbalance from the drastic change in food consumption.

Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, I will let you all know how much things have changed.

Hoping everyone has a great day tomorrow!
You're doing great Joanne!! I ate sooooo much McDonald's on my trip. It is what it is.. lol. I'm excited to weigh in too- hope you get a good result!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #639
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

I had a GREAT night of sleep (FINALLY!!!) I begged DD9 to please not come and wake me up because I was going to be a crazy person if I had to go two nights with rotten sleep. She honored my request but I saw she was on the floor in our bedroom for the second night in a row. I was able to sleep 11-6:30 and that was with no melatonin because I forgot to take it. YIPPY! YIPPY! I feel great today.

The scale was nice too and I am down to 125.8! Haven't seen that number since last October. Also last week was not perfect by any means as I had 4 vacation days, lots of McDonald's, probably 45 carbs a day, Greek yogurt x 2 most days AAAAANNNNNND TOM is going to arrive today or tomorrow. So this is a great weight! My waist and hips are also down a full inch each. I've lost 8.2 lbs since 7/5/17 and no bingeing for over a month.

Thank you Dr. Stillman!!! Thank you alllll!!!! IT's like I'm accepting an Emmy award.. lol.. j/k. Seriously though I am really excited about this even though it's only a 1.2 lb loss for the week. I will keep going and see what happens but I might not even like myself at 120.

Today I work only til noon and this evening we are going to see Billy Joel at Target Field where the Twins play. We have seen him 2x before but an outdoor concert will be really fun. Also Guns N Roses is Sunday night. It will be a busy weekend!!

Hope you all have GREAT weigh-ins and a great Friday!!!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #640
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes without the greek yogurt and p/p I couldn't do it!

Honeypie, Alll that protein and lower cals will pay off! Are you measuring as well?

Joanne, Eager to hear how much you lost! I don't see the harm in a little higher fat when it's the best low carb choice at the time. I had a hot dog one day and some pork steaks another day and still lost, but the higher fat did give me an upset stomach. I am finding the longer I go lower fat the more I prefer it! I kept trying high fat because it is said it sates you therefore you eat less, not so for me high protein sates me and I feel better overall!

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-28-2017 at 06:28 AM..
Old 07-28-2017, 06:26 AM   #641
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I had a GREAT night of sleep (FINALLY!!!) I begged DD9 to please not come and wake me up because I was going to be a crazy person if I had to go two nights with rotten sleep. She honored my request but I saw she was on the floor in our bedroom for the second night in a row. I was able to sleep 11-6:30 and that was with no melatonin because I forgot to take it. YIPPY! YIPPY! I feel great today.

The scale was nice too and I am down to 125.8! Haven't seen that number since last October. Also last week was not perfect by any means as I had 4 vacation days, lots of McDonald's, probably 45 carbs a day, Greek yogurt x 2 most days AAAAANNNNNND TOM is going to arrive today or tomorrow. So this is a great weight! My waist and hips are also down a full inch each. I've lost 8.2 lbs since 7/5/17 and no bingeing for over a month.

Thank you Dr. Stillman!!! Thank you alllll!!!! IT's like I'm accepting an Emmy award.. lol.. j/k. Seriously though I am really excited about this even though it's only a 1.2 lb loss for the week. I will keep going and see what happens but I might not even like myself at 120.

Today I work only til noon and this evening we are going to see Billy Joel at Target Field where the Twins play. We have seen him 2x before but an outdoor concert will be really fun. Also Guns N Roses is Sunday night. It will be a busy weekend!!

Sweeeet! I am glad I didn't wake dh up because I darn near shouted woo hoo when I saw your weight!

Enjoy the concerts!

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-28-2017 at 06:29 AM..
Old 07-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #642
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Yes, yes, and yes! To everyone's comments. OF COURSE life happens. Dr. Stillman's also knew that. He never said "eat chicken breast only". Even though I don't have the book right in front of me, I know he says things like "choose the leanest meats possible". If sometimes that means getting a plain hamburger, I just don't think ANYONE should ever even be beating themselves up about that. Plain hamburger patties never made anyone fat, you guys! Not even plain hamburger patties with cheese!

So sure, eat high protein and low fat as often as possible, but if some slightly higher fat protein comes up as a meal choice sometimes, consider it good for you! Fat still has a role in our diets and in our bodies and also for health.

It just happens to be the case that Dr. Stillman wanted everyone to be able to lose in the quickest and most painless way possible, so he pointed out that that would be with less of it.

It's amazing to have the knowledge of what our bodies can do, or that a scoop of protein powder is better for hunger and weight loss than a hunk of cheese. That might not be the case for everyone, and it also doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with cheese.

It just means that we are really lucky to have such a great arsenal of knowledge and of choices available.

I think you guys are all doing great! Me, I ate chick'n with no skin yesterday, and only 900 kcal.... and I'm the same weight. I've only lost 3 lbs since I was the same weight for TWELVE days before that too. So my point is, biochemical processes in the body such as weightloss take a long time sometimes. Varying cuts of meat on this diet is allowed. Dr. Stillman repeatedly says to always make sure to trim all visible fat.

I think that is as strict as the rule needs to be for this diet, and it's also a really good common sense rule. Ditto with peeling off gross skin.

Al is a SUPERSTAR that she has repeatedly done this and has been able to stick to plain breasts only. For anyone who is freaking out that they are not also doing that, just be aware that Dr. Stillman pretty much allows all proteins, as long as people are reasonable and try to get the most lean cuts possible.

So don't be afraid of eating on-plan food, anyone!

I am being everyone's cheerleader here, k?

My weigh in day is tomorrow and sure I would already like my loss to be higher than it will or even CAN be,.. but that is ALWAYS going to be the case. All we can do is stay 100% on plan, and 100% is good enough for anyone's standards, right?

Bratty, MIM, and Al..... come baaaaaaaaaaack also!

Last edited by honeypie; 07-28-2017 at 06:46 AM..
Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #643
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I only lost 1 pound this week. For me that is horrible. Yes it is down but I have never had trouble losing like this. I am still 50-60lbs from my goal. I'm going to have to go rock solid strict stills and see what happens. Costco run today!

Quote:

So so so happy for you!
Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 AM   #644
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes Al is the slo ro superstar and she gets superb losses for her effort

Yesterday I was so tired the least little thing made me curse, or at times even cry! It reminded me of the weary days when you are getting up at night with a newborn I soooo wanted to eat sugar to medicate my self into a sleepy coma! I needed groceries but did not shop because I felt that if I went into the store I would buy binge foods! I kept thinking about how far I have come and how I would feel and thankfully was able to stop myself! I credit that to the support here and the protein working it's magic.

I still slept poorly again last night but at least I am not tired and regretting a sugar binge.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #645
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 7/26/17
Alright, three days in, started Tuesday and I am down 3.4 pounds! Certainly not the most amazing results for 3 days in, but it's a start! I will probably check again on Tuesday just to see how much I have lost at my 1 week mark, but from then on I will probably just report on Fridays or Saturdays. Weekends are always the most challenging for me, so here's to hoping I get through and stay on plan!
Old 07-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #646
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

More than aound a day, Joanne!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #647
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Alright, three days in, started Tuesday and I am down 3.4 pounds! Certainly not the most amazing results for 3 days in, but it's a start! I will probably check again on Tuesday just to see how much I have lost at my 1 week mark, but from then on I will probably just report on Fridays or Saturdays. Weekends are always the most challenging for me, so here's to hoping I get through and stay on plan!
Awesome Joanne! The little corn bread bites didn't stop you either. I know one thing id do in the past would be go off the rails if I had a little slip-up- good for you that you stuck with it!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #648
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Happy Friday!!

Thank you everyone for all the kind remarks! I stick to chicken breast on QWL 98% of the time for a multitude of reasons.. Its cheap, its the easiest to see and trim the fat off of, it can be cooked up in huge batches with minimal effort, and it tastes nasty - taking the fun out of food.

Its unfortunate that Ive been around the QWL block a few times. With each successful ending I come to, always comes great hopes of maintaining for the future. Somehow I always end up back. Perhaps this will be last, but after all these trial runs thru the years, I have narrowed down the plan that works the quickest for me. (only it should NOT include Crystal Light ) I personally will overeat any major protein source besides chicken breast and tuna fish (and I don't eat tuna cause its not cost effective. lol) I think the only thing that can come next for my portion control is fat free boneless pork chops. You know those dry ones. LOL Any other meat stands the chance of tasting too good and makes me eat way more than I need to. I do consider the way I do QWL, a crash diet.

Im so glad many of you have found your perfect plan too. I hear it in your posts and see it in your awesome results!!! Im so happy for anyone feeling great, in control, and ready to take on the new day, knowing each day will get better and better for you!!!! Even if the losses in pounds are not as grand as Stillman says, the benefits of feeling great, without guilt and knowing thats its working inside and out (fat loss or inches) should be enough to keep going!! Our support group is THE BEST and I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my .

Today marks the end of 6 weeks for me. Im down 31 pounds, and successfully completed this run. I'll be sticking to meats for a few more days since it will be easier for me to prepare for my new plan over the weekend and then go on a whole new cooking spree come Monday. Plus, no one in my house is gonna eat the rest of that shredded chicken breast in my fridge. LOLOLOL
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #649
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

YOU DESERVE IT and the award too!!! QWL frees us from a lifetime of bad habits!!

Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #650
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
YOU CAN DO IT JOANNE! Dont let anything get in your way!!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #651
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes Al is the slo ro superstar and she gets superb losses for her effort

Yesterday I was so tired the least little thing made me curse, or at times even cry! It reminded me of the weary days when you are getting up at night with a newborn I soooo wanted to eat sugar to medicate my self into a sleepy coma! I needed groceries but did not shop because I felt that if I went into the store I would buy binge foods! I kept thinking about how far I have come and how I would feel and thankfully was able to stop myself! I credit that to the support here and the protein working it's magic.

I still slept poorly again last night but at least I am not tired and regretting a sugar binge.
You made it through!! Sorry you had a tough time yesterday.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #652
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I only lost 1 pound this week. For me that is horrible. Yes it is down but I have never had trouble losing like this. I am still 50-60lbs from my goal. I'm going to have to go rock solid strict stills and see what happens. Costco run today!
Dont forget those whole roaster chickens!!! and huge packages of ground turkey!! and top sirloin steak for a treat!! and chicken breasts! Just.do.it.

Get your hubby out there to grill like its nobodies business!! New week, new results!!! You can do this!!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #653
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie View Post
I keep panicking like a crazy person about the scale stopping. But I need to let go of that, because that part is definitely not under my control right now.
Its impossible! You have to let it go!! Im sure you will be rewarded tomorrow for weigh in day! Jeanie made a great comment about losing inches!! If its not pounds its definitely inches!!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #654
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Special shout out to honeypie for cheering us on and keeping us going. You surely would have been a much better sidekick to the Doc than the other guy that co-wrote QWL.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #655
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 298/149/183/140
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 3/25/14 and today
Hi Everyone

Some great losses this week on Stillman's! I didn't weigh myself today as I'd planned. Too afraid of that monster the scale.

I'll be staying with Stillman's for at least a few more weeks as I really like the appetite control! I feel best including some leanish beef though. I'm working on eating to live not living to eat.

I can't keep up here daily but wanted to check in.
Have a great weekend all!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #656
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh our AC broke! So much for sleep, 1-2 weeks til we can have a new one installed!

Hi Amy

Old 07-29-2017, 06:58 AM   #657
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Al!!!!!!!

You are amazing, and I only wish you were really REALLY FAT STILL because if you're transitioning to another diet, I AM GOING TO MISS YOU HERE LIKE CRAZY!!

Obviously I am THRILLED that you have reached you skinny-minnie-goal, and I have NO doubt that you must be feeling like a million bucks right now. Also, i think you even beat your losses in these first six weeks, in your mega round in your signature!!

So.... to THAT! You are beyond awesome, and you are a shining example of how to GET THIS DONE, and how to actually be on a diet with NO CHEATS. I am also very big on NO CHEATS, whatever the parameters are, and so I appreciated seeing this militaristic attitude in you. There are a LOT of threads that sort of disintegrate into people ONLY chatting about their lives, and no one is LOSING any weight whatsoever. I hate that when I need some support for when I'm actively trying to lose on a strict plan, and this thread was never that kind of disintegration! But I have still been so grateful for your super example,... because it is ENCOURAGING to see someone Just. Doing. It. Know what I mean?

So I know that I speak for everyone, when I say that when you transition out of posting here every day, we will miss you!!

On the other hand, if you let loose over Christmas, and then have some pounds you need to dump like a hot potato Stillsman-style again...... I may well still be here then, in this same dieting round still!!!

I know before you always popped in whenever you felt like it even to catch us up on how transitioning eating was going, and I really hope you will still do that this time!

I would LOVE to learn a good plan for transitioning off of Stillmans, so if you want to be our guru for post-QWL assimilation back into the real world PLEEEEAASE stick around!

Anyway - the whole post is essentially a BIG Congratulations to you, and a BIG hug, and a big WELL DONE on reaching your goal, and on losing 30 lbs in such a short time! (just kidding with the last one, lol!) xxx

What are you cooking for the week on Monday though??? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOOOOOW!!! Haha!

Last edited by honeypie; 07-29-2017 at 07:00 AM..
Old 07-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #658
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Al
Have you ever taken a meal or day to just eat carbs during your weight loss? I am craving again, probably due to fatigue, broken air conditioning and other stress. I just keep emvisioining some carby treats and a glorious 9 hours of sleep and waking remotivated?? I have tried magnesium, melatonin, benadryl, 5htp and other sleep stuff. They usually at best only leave me feeling groggy in the morning without much quality sleep.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #659
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Awwwwww thank you so much honeypie!! I didn't realize my results were a little better than the last round. So thank you thank you thank. As I accept this award, I owe it to the great Doctor Stillman, the chicken, and most importantly all of you!! (You can have the award back now DL )

Im really hoping I dont let loose any time soon!!!! too funny. But I'll be sticking around and we'll just tell everyone Im on a stillmans bizarre diet so Im still allowed in.

Skip the next paragraph if anyone doesnt want to read about "unmentionables" ie non-QWL foods.......

I plan on checking in to follow everyones progress but I'll stay away from posting lots of menu details cause I dont want to be the cause of someone falling off the wagon over a carrot or brussel sprout. So its not that Im keeping anything from you guys, I just want the best for everyone and for everyone to follow QWL through to goal! But since honeypie asked, I have 3 cookbooks to keep me busy (Thug Kitchen, But My Family Would Never Go Vegan, and Vegan Under Pressure) I'll keep my plant based plan simple for a few weeks, loading up on veggies, including potatoes, and slowly adding beans, seeds, and then fruit smoothies. I know i should stay away from oil, but I'll have to play around with that. I will try to last as long as I can before adding oats, rice, or pasta and breads. I will have to keep portion control in check, and I will start counting calories. I think I will be making lots of soups even though its summer time! Im looking forward to it!

OK start reading again!!!!!

The BIG congratulations goes to you, honeypie!! I saw you lost 5 pounds this week!!! Amazing for having a pretty much fullfilling as can be menu for the week! That is the kind of result Stillman would expect for us!!! Great job!! Keep doing what you do and thank you for inspiring all of us to keep going to reach our goals!!

I swear to everyone out there just reading along...join this group, follow this plan (QWL), and get to goal in the quickest way possible and be done with it!!!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #660
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Al
Have you ever taken a meal or day to just eat carbs during your weight loss? I am craving again, probably due to fatigue, broken air conditioning and other stress. I just keep emvisioining some carby treats and a glorious 9 hours of sleep and waking remotivated?? I have tried magnesium, melatonin, benadryl, 5htp and other sleep stuff. They usually at best only leave me feeling groggy in the morning without much quality sleep.
I didnt cheat this time at all. In the past I may have had a few drinks here and there, or upped my fatty meats, but I never ate carbs. 2 reasons. When I start/restart QWL for the first few days it makes me absolutely sick and that is a big motivator for me to just stay on plan. The other reason is once i take a bite, I have to get everything I can think of out of the way before I start over again. My mind switches to I ruined it, even if I know logically that I didnt. This especially happens to me when I dont have a massive amount of weight to lose.

I dont have any experience with vitamins and medications. (I never even took my one a day - oops) Im sorry you are not sleeping well. I wonder if you could try a nice steak dinner tonight, like a big rib eye and see how you feel. In the past, on plan, I would always up the fatty meats when i wasnt feeling well, but never add in a "refeed" as some would call it. Try to do a search on that. We had one buddy, Slatman, who would QWL it for a few days then up the carbs, then go back. Slatman was an exerciser but he/she got results. Im definitley not. lol
Closed Thread