Old 08-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S ROLL CALL, AUG. 13

Thunder & lightning will lull us to sleep here.

See you all tomorrow.

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 AM   #2
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

Up early, doing laundry and dishes, and walking the dog before the heat sets in. It's supposed to reach 102 today. Unfortunately, I'll be going to a funeral this afternoon - the main highway that goes over there, has lane closures so it will probably take awhile to get there. I'll be happy to make it back home, that's for sure.

Stay cool and enjoy your day!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #3
mykneesareback

You stay cool and be careful traveling, too, Michele! We had heavy thunder and lightning off and on all night, still raining. But, same as you, AC still on and necessary. Careful on that highway, all of TX seems to have road construction going on.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. Try to stay cool, Michelle.

We had a little drizzle last night...the first in over a month, which we sorely needed.

I have had a horrible reaction to a medication my doctor put me on last Tuesday. Have not eaten in three days and lost 4 pounds. I stopped taking it yesterday and am feeling a little better today, well enough, I hope, to do my volunteer shift at the fair, but I did not make the grand opening of the education center at the animal shelter yesterday. I have weird reactions to meds....always have.

Our Real estate agent wants to show our house today, and the house is a mess, as I have been so sick, I haven't even tidied up all week. Not sure what we will do.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Be safe Michele, will you have to go to the cematary also? Will be hot there for sure.

DS in Singapore sent a pic of coin operated laundry facility yesterday. He said that the motel wanted $20 per EACH Piece of clothing washed. Good thing he knows how to tough it.
DS, Craig, is leaving today for Plano, Texas to go to Toyota plant there. They are moving some cooperate offices there. He really does not want to leave Evansville. He will be there until Thursday.

Sorry to hear that about the medication Begete. Hope the issues resolve quickly.
Just show the house and stash the big stuff in a closet or the dishwasher or somewhere, washing machine? Dryer?

Doris I will plant my spinach toward the end of this month.

Not much on tap for today. Garden is watered and lunch is made.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012

Last edited by Loretta V; 08-13-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/136.2/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Good Sunday to All,

A beautiful day up here today. Sunny and 79F right now - our high of the day. A lovely cool morning, clear and sunny.

All is quiet and peaceful at my Chez Dog Kennels. All 3 are snoozing. Thank goodness the neighbours boy is able to walk Eddie for me.

I am just puttering along with a few chores...not a breakneck speed, no hurry for anything much these days. I could have gone out with friends to the park for a couple of hours but just wanted to get on with some little chores and to be around for the dogs.

Loretta, Do you fill your boxes with soil and then make trenches to sow the spinach seeds? Then, cover with plastic till they sprout? Just wondering if I could manage to grow some too.
Yikes, $20 an item! I hope your other DS's work travel goes smoothly.

Michele, Safe driving and then back home to some relaxing and cool a/c.
Yikes on your temp! 102F

Yikes, on your reaction to that meds Babette. I hope you can resolve the Realtor issue swiftly.

WE had thunder, lightening and a deluge yesterday up here too Doris. Nice and clear today though.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Susan I think any large container would do. I have 3 large (30 gal) containers that i used for my gardening. My soil is too rocky. I can control the soil in my containers much easier. I often just sprinkle the seeds and then cover them with a thin layer of my composted material. Seems to work.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/136.2/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Thank You Loretta for the info.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #9
mykneesareback

We had almost 6 inches of rain, backyard is a puddle but the doggies leap around it. Feels like a sauna though, Buffie took us to Wal Mart, it was awful outside.

Babette, I'm sorry you are suffering from another bad reaction from another med, damn it!! That has to drive you nuts ! I hope you can volunteer today, who knows if people looking at houses will be around, but when we looked 4 years, houses still lived in were not always picked up, we overlooked it. Wish you would sell and begin a new chapter of your life.

Susan, you can keep your containers as simple as you want, at the height you want and really, for we seniors gardening for pleasure, this way is the way to go. I just sprinkle seeds on top and cover with store bought stuff, too. Buy a waterer with lite sprinkle top. The spinach is just for you, any way.. Glad the doggies are happy.

Loretta, we have been watching that huge Toyota plant since they were first starting to build it. It's close to that huge Nebraska Furniture Mart! That whole area is being made as a "go to" area, restaurants galore, movie places, parks, etc. we could not afford to live there, but it isn't far from us. Your other son in Singapore, my goodness, just as the travel shows warn.

Josh doesn't feel good today, has been eating Cream of Wheat and toast, so not sure about dinner tonight....

I'm off to finally get to yesterday's dishes.... I bought pens at the back to school sale, I love pens that have rubber grips for my arthritic hands.

Good afternoon and evening.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
highdesertrat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: highdesertrat
Stats: 138/131/125 (5'3")
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: July 2005
I'm finally settled into my hotel room. My flight here was a mess and ended up changing my ticket. The good part was I didn't arrive as late as I fear and instead was in my room by 4:30 this afternoon. I've shopped a bit, had dinner and am now unpacked and ready for an early and long day tomorrow.

I just love Washington state. I haven't been here in a couple of years and would love to come back on vacation. It's so beautiful!

I ate terrible yesterday, but I knew that would be the case since we were in a hotel and "eating on the road." Today I tried to at least eat more healthy and had a couple if apples along the way instead of something full of sugar. Dinner was a chicken balsamic thing in Applebee's, though I had a mountain of mashed potatoes with it.

I believe I'll be going to bed early tonight. I'm beat!

I never met a donut I didn't like.
highdesertrat is offline   Reply With Quote