Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Thyroid
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DebM
<.03>tsh

Anyone have this low of tsh ? My frees are good, FreeT3 upper range, Free T4 leas than half. She wants to take me off meds.
DebM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 05:15 AM   #2
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Do you take Rx T3 (Cytomel)?

My TSH is that low, but I'm not hyperthyroid because I take Cytomel, which tends
to lower the TSH significantly. My endo is not concerned about my low TSH, and I have NO hyper symptoms.

With Hashimoto's (which I have) some people will go back and forth between hyper and hypo. I never have, but I know it's common, and perhaps that's what's happening to you.

If your doctor wants to take you off ALL thyroid hormones (thyroid Rx are not technically meds but supplemental hormones), I'd get another opinion because I've read (and been told by doctors) that once you are on thyroid supplements, it's for life because the thyroid doesn't regenerate.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Mine is and my doctor says that it is perfectly normal. Your TSH is low because you are taking replacement hormones and that is the way it should be.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Mine is and my doctor says that it is perfectly normal. Your TSH is low because you are taking replacement hormones and that is the way it should be.
My situation as well.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

Vit D 79.3 30-100 range
F T3 3.6 2.5 - 3.9 range
tsh <.03 .30 - 5.60 range (yes, low, I'm always low)
T4 free .73 .58-1.64 range
T3 uptake 26% (no range on this, I'm not really sure what it means, RT3?

This was my results 2 weeks ago. I was only on 16.25 Naturethyroid. I had been on (2) a day back in maybe August when she was worried about the tsh and said stop the
2nd afternoon dose. Previous to that I was on 32.5 a.m. and 16.25 afternoon. I've gained 10 lbs and having a terrible time getting it off!!

We didn't do the antiobodies this time and yes I have hashimotos. I've definitely got plenty of stock until I find another doctor or NP. I wonder if I should go back to the 32.5 a.m. and 16.25 afternoon. My tsh was definitely no worse - my free T4 barely moves....

My tsh has always been lower also.....
Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 AM   #6
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

I sure wish I had good doctors like you all. This last one I thought at least had an understanding of hashimotos but then she freaks out over the low tsh. At least she said she could refer me but I'm thinking they'd just be the same. I may have to go with this one out of network and try them. I think she is also into bioidenticals and I went off them in June so I'm not sure I'd want to go back that route being almost 62.

I did go bk to the afternoon dose of 16.25 in addition to the 16.25 a.m. that I was already taking. In a few weeks I'll go bk to 32.5 in the a.m. instead of the 16.25 that I was on previously with the good NP who left the state last year.

I did try asking the pharmacy who prescribed NT and Armour but didn't get very far. They'd just give me the name of the NP who freaked out over the tsh for one and it's hard to get a feel for this when you call the doctors to see what their knowledge is of hashimotos and how to treat it.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I hope you find the right solution.

I don't even know what to think. My numbers seemed solid for quite a while then suddenly started changing again.

Getting labs drawn tomorrow so we'll see.