Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #91
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn, my SS says this horrible horrible feeling I have is not a cold, but is a reaction to all the tree pollen! I thought I was getting a cold, but I'm not. Just allergies. I NEED MORE FREEZING TEMPERATURES!

Carolyn when you pointed out seeing mosquitoes, it made me give brat pug a heartworm pill. I normally give her the winter off, but I don't want to chance that.

DH has been gone all day visiting his mom. He thought she was doing well, considering...

Karen, I'm glad to hear your son might not have to get to dire straits before getting a transplant. That would be a lot easier on me. LOL
Seriously, though, we get to know each other and care for each other.
Keeping you all in my prayers.

When my dad was alive, he went to about 40 something radiation treatments for prostate cancer. When he was done, my dear friend said, "Well! That went very quickly! For me." LOL I told him and he laughed, too.

Word today for my dear mother-in-law is she will not be able to be without oxygen, but we'll see.

Regarding that Sister Wives grooms cake: DO NOT WANT!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 PM   #92
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Carolyn, my SS says this horrible horrible feeling I have is not a cold, but is a reaction to all the tree pollen! I thought I was getting a cold, but I'm not. Just allergies. I NEED MORE FREEZING TEMPERATURES!

Carolyn when you pointed out seeing mosquitoes, it made me give brat pug a heartworm pill. I normally give her the winter off, but I don't want to chance that.

DH has been gone all day visiting his mom. He thought she was doing well, considering...

Karen, I'm glad to hear your son might not have to get to dire straits before getting a transplant. That would be a lot easier on me. LOL
Seriously, though, we get to know each other and care for each other.
Keeping you all in my prayers.

When my dad was alive, he went to about 40 something radiation treatments for prostate cancer. When he was done, my dear friend said, "Well! That went very quickly! For me." LOL I told him and he laughed, too.

Word today for my dear mother-in-law is she will not be able to be without oxygen, but we'll see. Regarding that Sister Wives grooms cake: DO NOT WANT!!

My recorder hasn't picked that up in 3 weeks! Is it still going?

I'm here girls. I keep up with you all on FB. Leonard has been sick now over 2 months. I have been syringe feeding him for 3 weeks. We just started an experimental immune booster today. If that doesn't work, then steroids. We have tested for everything and think he has FIP, a fatal immune disease that takes the young. Lewis however is healthy as an ox!

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #93
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi Cindy....do you mean is Sister Wives still on (referring to your recorder)? I think they are off season right now but I happened to catch that show the night they showed the Elk Groom's Cake, maybe a month ago..........too weird.

Are these boards on facebook????? I thought this was a different board not attached to fb. FB really bugs me.

So sorry about your dear kitty..........meow!

Judy, thanks for caring. I really appreciate it. And I think your family has been through as much as mine has been. Your poor dad, cancer!! So far that one has escaped us and I hope it continues to escape us. ~~~~~Bummer that your MIL will need to be on oxygen at home. Even though the tanks are more portable than years ago it is still something to be tethered to which restricts freedom of movement. I'm really praying that my son gets new lungs before he needs it. His doctors are shocked that he doesn't need it yet. His lung function is now 26% but his oxygen level stays between 89-94%. Pretty good for trashed lungs.

And Judy.....you have allergies too. I'm jealous of your southern girls weather until I hear that. If I could send you my blizzard I would if it would help you and Carolyn's allergies. So what is budding/blooming down there that causes so much misery??? And mosquitoes too...I won't see them until late June and they are usually gone by September.

Good diet day today....How's your "lean" going, Carolyn?
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #94
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Bummer that your MIL will need to be on oxygen at home. Even though the tanks are more portable than years ago it is still something to be tethered to which restricts freedom of movement. I'm really praying that my son gets new lungs before he needs it. His doctors are shocked that he doesn't need it yet. His lung function is now 26% but his oxygen level stays between 89-94%. Pretty good for trashed lungs.
Yes, GREAT for your son!! So glad to hear that. I hope he keeps astounding his doctors.
My dear mother-in-law is normally in assisted living.
I think this will knock her down a level. I don't think she'll be able to live where she's living now. She thinks she cannot walk and needs to be in a wheelchair. She's still quite weak and is having VERY low blood pressure. I do not know if she'll make it out of this.
But if she does, it won't be to a rosy life - she is well into dementia, sorry to say.

Quote:
And Judy.....you have allergies too. I'm jealous of your southern girls weather until I hear that. If I could send you my blizzard I would if it would help you and Carolyn's allergies. So what is budding/blooming down there that causes so much misery??? And mosquitoes too...I won't see them until late June and they are usually gone by September.
My sister says it is tree pollen that is off the charts.
I am miserable!
MISERABLE I TELL YOU! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Working tomorrow; big big wedding day Saturday.
Wedding at 2 PM, then reception at 6PM. Ties up the whole day.
But we love these people so much....FORGIVEN!
Old 02-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #95
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Quote:
Hi Cindy....do you mean is Sister Wives still on (referring to your recorder)? I think they are off season right now but I happened to catch that show the night they showed the Elk Groom's Cake, maybe a month ago..........too weird.

Are these boards on facebook????? I thought this was a different board not attached to fb. FB really bugs me.

So sorry about your dear kitty..........meow!

Judy, thanks for caring. I really appreciate it. And I think your family has been through as much as mine has been. Your poor dad, cancer!! So far that one has escaped us and I hope it continues to escape us. ~~~~~Bummer that your MIL will need to be on oxygen at home. Even though the tanks are more portable than years ago it is still something to be tethered to which restricts freedom of movement. I'm really praying that my son gets new lungs before he needs it. His doctors are shocked that he doesn't need it yet. His lung function is now 26% but his oxygen level stays between 89-94%. Pretty good for trashed lungs.

Good diet day today....How's your "lean" going, Carolyn?
Yes, we are in a closed group called FIP Fighters. I have unfortunately learned a ton about FIP. Because it is a closed group, anything I post doesn't end up in my FB feed .

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #96
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

I think Sarah found her dress..Yes!! It looks great on her and she is very happy..Beth's veil is a no go cuz it doesn't fit her dress..Veils are just a tiny bit of tulle now.

Oh..little Leonard.. Hugs to you all..Praying he gets better fast..

Then we looked at the venue..They like the Harwelden Mansion..In the front court yard..Hopefully, they can get the date...They should know this week. Then found a cool place for Rehearsal Dinner if the dates match up..Broken Arrow..the Main Street Tavern upstairs.

Gosh, so sorry about your motherinlaw..Gary's mom couldn't walk so she ended up in a nursing home with oxygen and a wheelchair. Tough getting old, isn't it?

Groom's cake might appear at the Rehearsal Dinner..or not at all..We shall see how it goes.
I have a friend who does cakes and we could have it done here and bring it down on the Friday..

The trees are out now..I saw lots of Bradford pears in Tulsa.

My Lean isn't going too well..Back on track.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #97
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh wow. Harwelden is so beautiful. I'm sure wherever they are will be great. My cousin Lisa who died in 2015 had her reception at Harwelden. I've been to a couple of weddings there, too. Just wonderful.

Yes, lots of Bradford pears in full bloom here. We had a hard freeze Friday night, so I've seen lots of blossoms from tulip trees on the ground. The pears still seem like they're holding on.

How neat Sarah found her dress! These two sound like they are able to make decisions! Did Sarah have many people with her for that? Was probably a fun time. Love that she included her future mother-in-law. She's a lucky girl in that regard!

Sorry for you all about Leonard, Cindy.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #98
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh....it has been a couple days since I posted and I have been a naughty girl, not counting my points like I should. We got 14 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday, cold and blizzard like. All I wanted was hot chocolate and comfort food. Plus the husband was home and wanted pizza...the real stuff, not a fake diet pizza, so I had pizza, and well, things sort of went down hill from there. Had a library committee meeting Saturday afternoon and one of the ladies brought donuts....yep, had one. I don't have a clue what to write for those points.

So here I sit with a heaping plate of zero and 1 point vegetables with a slight covering of cheddar cheese for my supper and am catching up with you all. Actually, today hasn't been that bad for eating but I have not recorded so I'm not sure what the points are. So in the morning I'll get back on the "counting train" and see if I can't get this train back on the track.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....and I was doing so well.

Carolyn....let's both get back on track together The dress, venue...all of it sounds so lovely. I agree with Judy, your kids sounds like they have their heads on straight. I sure wish them the happiest of marriages.

Oh you miserable allergy sufferers. I'm so sorry!! I don't know what a Bradford Pear tree is but it sounds divine, minus the allergies. We had tulip trees when I lived in Indiana. That's about as far north as those beauties will tolerate. Lovely trees!! And Judy, prayers for your MIL. Getting old is hard. I know how I feel at 59, I don't want to think about how I might feel at 90. God bless her!!!

Cindy...thanks for calming my fears about facebook. I guess it wouldn't really matter but it just freaks me out that you never know where that stuff goes. Again, so sorry that Leonard is having a hard life. How are things at the stables? Do you ride year round?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #99
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Karen, I went to a fabulous wedding yesterday. They had a gelato bar. I had two servings and I regret nothing. I knew what was coming, and I fasted until about 5PM. I broke my fast with a small amount of protein and fat, took my supplements, and went to the reception.

And today I've gotten right back on the horse.
The best thing about "dieting" is how quickly you can/should get back on track.

All of us make choices that don't fit with our way of eating, but that's not where we end.

Allergies are WORSE!! WORSE I TELL YOU!!

The Bradford Pear is a barren pear tree. It is covered in beautiful white blooms but does not bear fruit. Tulsa WAY over-planted them about 30 years ago. They're not a strong tree. We are prone to strong winds and/or ice and these trees don't do well with those.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #100
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Just a quick wave and hello to all. My sis lives in Tulsa and she said the Bradford's are absolutely beautiful this year. And everybody is sniffling and sneezing to prove it, lol. They lost all of their beautiful Bradford's a few years back during a late winter storm but there's still plenty in Tulsa to look at.

Jump back on the track Karen. That's always the best way to deal with any diet detours.

Our last couple of friends are leaving today so I'll be trying to get back on that track with everybody too. I'm still hovering right under 150, which is a small miracle) so I need to work on the 5 or so pounds I've gained since we left home. It seems like all we've done since we got here is eat and drink, lol! Oh, and DANCE!!!

Carolyn, the wedding plans sound wonderful. How exciting!!

Judy, so sorry for your MIL's problems. It's so hard dealing with ill parents, as you well know.

Ok, gotta run. My cough is getting a tad bit better I think. I hope it's about to leave the building completely!!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #101
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad you could check in, Sandy!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #102
CarolynF

Yes, those Bradfords are beautiful, but a strong wind can knock them over.

Sandy!!! You'll do great!!

Gosh, I love gelato. When we were in Italy, the gelato shops were gorgeous. Gleaming brass everywhere.

I looked online at Dillard's for a short navy blue dress for the wedding. I do need to lose 10 pounds before I go shopping. Big goal!!! It's like chiseling a rock.

Yup, I got my shot this am. But I took liquid Zyrtec this am. Helps.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #103
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

If I ever (so rare these last few years) choose ice cream, I do not want Braum's. I have no trouble walking past ice cream there. I want Baskin-Robbins. But even that is not the huge "cannot resist" I used to have.
I really love eating low carb, because I think it's changed the way I view most food.

NOT chips or popcorn.

But that gelato...just so so so good.

Navy blue sounds wonderful, Carolyn.
It will be a slimming color, while still being a flattering color.
You can drop those 10 pounds.
Think of how you want to look in the pictures.
It's the pictures that will remain long after the joy of the event.

I feel like I should be designing greeting cards with these sentiments.
My first will extol the virtues of gelato.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #104
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn, I think you watch The Biggest Loser??

I just saw this, and it might be old news to you if you're on FB. I haven't seen anything on FB yet since this morning.:

"Bob Harper -- a fitness guru who's the host of "The Biggest Loser" -- suffered a heart attack that left him unconscious for 2 days.

Harper tells us he was working out in a NYC gym 2 weeks ago when he collapsed. A doctor who was also working out administered CPR and used paddles to keep Bob alive.

The 51-year-old was taken to the hospital and says he woke up 2 days later. He was hospitalized for 8 days and is still in NYC -- he lives in L.A. -- because his doctors have not cleared him to fly.

He's doing a lot better and his exercise for the time being is limited to walking.

Bob -- a fitness nut -- says the heart attack is all genetics. His mom died from a heart attack."
Old 02-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #105
CarolynF

Yes, those pictures are important. hope it doesn't rain. Still waiting to hear about the venue. She needs to call Rick back.

No Baskins here.

That was terrible about Bob. Surely he went to a heart doc since his mom died of a heart attack. But, he will now. Was he a vegan??? Plus when you get older, you can't do what you did at 21...

No cheats so far today.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #106
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I heard some scuttle, I wouldn't rely on it, but heard he had been a vegan, but had stopped eating that way around 5 years ago?

Hearing this kind of stuff, I really really think we are eating the most healthful way.
Or I sure hope so.

Congrats on the no cheats.
Day 1 of beginning to lose 10 pounds!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #107
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

You ladies are such fun. The only way to try to lose weight is with friends to laugh through it....thanks for being my friends.

I've heard about gelato but have not tried it. I think will never go there because I don't need to add another irresistible food to my "do not eat" list. Everyone says it is the best. I live one block from a Dairy Queen and when we moved to this house 12 years ago I said to myself "you can go there once a year and that is it...Period". Honestly I think I've been there only 4 times in 12 years. It helps that my favorite item is a blizzard which costs about $4. I'm too tight with money to spend $4 on ice cream when I can purchase a half gallon for the same price and have it for 8 or so times.

Yep, the back on the horse philosophy is the one for me. I've had a couple good diet days again and today I'm home alone which is always a good day for feasting on veggie plates which is helpful for me.

Yes, the Bob Harper thing....hey, we are humans and one day the body just doesn't work like when we were kids. There are genetics and yes, as Carolyn says, pushing our bodies as we get older is not always the smartest thing. I say enjoy those bodies while they work well and when they don't get comfortable with a slower pace. All the beauty creams in the world don't keep us looking like 18 forever....life happens. I hope Bob recovers and enjoys his new career because he probably won't be returning to the Loser show.

Motivation....watch the 600 pound show where these 600 pounds people are trying to lose weight. Get's me right in the mood instantly to pass up the donuts.

Ahhh, no pears on the pear trees....that stinks....and allergies....I'd cut all of those buggers down.

Sandy ....
Old 02-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #108
CarolynF

Hi gals..

Yeah, gosh, if Bob can have a heart attack, then none of us is safe... Poor guy..at least the doctor won't tell him to exercise..Maybe he overdid it..

Thanks, ladies..I do need a cheering section..

Gary hates that 600 pound show, but I like it..Don't like looking at their poor bodies..It is very sad..Even if they lose weight, they still look funky underneath.

New month...new month.

No word on the Harwelden Mansion yet for the reception. Maybe the fact the two lovebirds
went by themselves with no parents to be seen makes them less responsive. Hopefully she will call old Rick today..LOL..

I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon..but I feel fine..just was tired..Blaming the allergies in the air flying around.

Dh is doing taxes..or getting them ready for the tax guy. Staying away..

Hugs all around.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #109
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to OKC for eye appointment. All is well.

Went to visit Peggy, my mother-in-law, at the hospital. They decided it was time for hospice, so we met with the hospice guy with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Both boys talked to their mother about hospice, and she said, "Thank you. I'm so tired of this."

So the doctor thinks weeks at the most. She's weak and tired of coughing and feels like there's an elephant on her chest. But as usual, she was glad for the visit. I called one of her sisters, now will call the other.

3 hour nap? I say you needed that! We need some rain to wash the air.

Karen it sounds like you are strong where you need to be strong. Not going to a nearby tempting Dairy Queen sounds like great willpower!

Back to work tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #110
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

March Mini's or March Muffin Tops or March Mindset.....??

Judy...I wondered how much longer your MIL would last. That is not good to have all that going on at 90. Hummmm, very bittersweet for all of you, I'm sure. You don't want her to continue suffering yet you don't want to see her go. Praying for all of you as you make this transition. Gosh, your family has had a lot these last months. And you don't feel well with the allergies....ahhhhh.

ooooh, I love three hour naps. Hardly ever do it but when I do I think "that was lovely".

Excellent food day today. I'm sitting here with a little stuffed pigeon tummy and under my allowed food points. Lots and lots of veggies. I'm going to take my little stuffed self to the sofa and curl up with my book.....

What...........it is thundering outside...........such a weird Minnesota February. And March is coming in like a lamb so you know what that means.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #111
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Exactly right, Karen. She is 85, but has always been so in charge of herself and such a free spirit.
And now she's confined to bed and in dementia and constantly coughing and tired, weak, and uncomfortable.
I think this is the right thing but it is so sad, yes.

All those vegetables sound great!!