Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #31
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pendragginp
Going2! What a great story! Happy anniversary and blessings and good wishes for many many more.

Crazy1, you hafta watch that knee!

I was in on Restart Monday, but not quite all in. Today I am. Pretty well come through the family thing. I had pretty much of a free weekend as far as eating plan goes, and am up 2 lbs, but it's all good. I didn't go crazy, so I know it's just water.

Quote:
Onward and downward!

Best whooshes to you all!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 04:18 AM   #32
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/211(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Crazy1 - Thanks for sharing your generational differences in how eating and activity patterns have changed, what a contrast! It has become so confusing as to what's nutritionally sound these days; we really need to find the sensible "core" of it and work around individual needs. OMAD seems so contrary to grazing, but each regimen works for some folks, so who's to say one's bad as long as the individual is healthy, right? You said it here: "... OK to be hungry. I will not starve," although sometimes I act like I'm starving and end up binging--ugh.

Plum - Good job getting through family stuff, can be a real stressor.

With you all off to a running start, I backslid yesterday. Had so many leftovers from our celebration lunch, it ended up more of a carby cheat day, heh heh. I caved and ate all the leftover flatbread and had some of the pizza for dinner. O.M.G. soooo good!

But guess what? I am not beating myself up about it today, just plan to eat carefully and get on with it. The challenge is that "carbs beget carbs," so will need to be extra mindful to not give in and hope can rebound quickly back into ketosis.

We do have some happy news: we adopted a 2 mos. old kitten yesterday, comes home Friday. We have a 4 y.o. now--our old girl passed in May--and we want to have another kitteh for her company. Timing isn't great, but it's good motivation to spend the next few days kitten-proofing and de-cluttering stuff while she's isolated in our bedroom during the introductory period. There's some excitement in getting a shopping list ready for a "new baby" in the house! Here's a pic of her to brighten your day!

Last edited by Going2; 09-20-2017 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: resize pic
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #33
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh, so cute!
Old 09-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #34
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/180/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
that is one cutie pie kitten!!! congrats

going2--I had a false restart Monday also--I did better yesterday... I am doing low carb without trying to do OMAD or IF--I think I need to get into ketosis before I try doing OMAD--it causes me to overeat bad things when I can finally eat--so not doing that right now...congrats on the anniversary...such a nice story...may you have many many more anniversaries!!!

I am suffering with that darn sciatica again--couldn't move well enough to even go to mom's yesterday so that is moved back to Thursday and hopefully I will be able to move by then?

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #35
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD
Hello Friends,

Sorry about the rant yesterday. Times change and there is so much information out there.....books, google, pod casts but everyone one is so different and the important thing is to find what works for each of us.

Yes, 5:2, 4:3, OMAD,JUDDD, ADF are all forms of Intermittent Fasting. 5:2 is 5 days of "normal" eating with 2 days of a 1/4 of your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) or about 500 calories. 4:3 has 4 days of normal eating with 3 days of lower calories. OMAD is One Meal A Day, JUDDD calls for Up Days and Down days and ADF is Alternate Day Fasting. Some people find it easier to have zero calories on their "fasting" days and some find it easier to just eat once a day. It's trial and error. What works for one may not work for everyone.

My brother did 5:2 ( men get 600 calories) and he was quite successful so I did try it for a month last year. I managed to lose 5 pounds but then my mother passed away and that was it. Never did get back on track and my weight went up.

I went back to LC after Christmas and lost a few pounds but had the most success in April......... when I did OMAD. Now, I track with fit day so I went back to check April and to be truthful, OMAD was only a part of my plan. I was eating lower calories of course, because I was only eating one meal, but that meal was also LC and I made sure to drink lots of water! Silly me. To see results, I need to do it all! Count calories, eat low carb and drink water!

So did I continue to follow this successful plan? NO! Not me! I went on to try JUDDD! Now I did lose a few pounds, but I added carbs, lots of carbs and went on to play the up, down bounce on the

There are so many plans but the key is to do what works for each of us! I do best with low cals and low carb. I know this! I just have to do it!

I love your fur baby Going2. We lost ours a while back and I just haven't had the heart to go through that again. So share your pics and stories. I agree that it seems that carbs begat carbs. It's such a slippery slope but your right, no sense in beating yourself up. It's life and we just have to move on.

Sorry to hear your sciatica is acting up again, Jeanne. Hope you feel better soon.

Onward and downward!

We can do it!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #36
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/211(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Plum et al - Thanks for saying the kitten's cute. All babies are and tabbies have pretty face markings up close too. She gets spayed today, so we have to wait until after 2p tomorrow to bring her home. Spent yesterday morning buying new kitten supplies and will get our bedroom set up for her "solitary confinement" today--we are ready! Furbabies get a piece of our hearts and bring such joy and companionship that when they leave us it sure can hurt.

Jeanne - Hooray to a nice eating day there. Sounds like a good plan to get into ketosis before knuckling down. Sort of recall (or not) in Dr. Atkins DANDR that he said during induction not to worry about calories so much, focus on lowering carbs. Hoping the ketosis fairy pays you a visit pronto! Oh my on the sciatica--so painful and debilitating. Pain not only sux, but it is a physical stress too, releasing steroidlike hormones to wear you out. Prayers it calms down soon.

Crazy1 - Didn't see that as a rant so much as an interesting contrast in how much changes generationally. Agree we need to tune in to find what works best for our bodies. Thanks for the explanation of the different fasting plans, so interesting. I only skimmed through Dr. Fung's obesity Code, but it goes into how fasting works and why it does, how it's related to our primitive days as food hunters and gatherers and insulin's role.

It's 2:30a east coast time now and am having a bout of insomnia here, a pattern this past week, oh joy. Think it's more from the to-do list of the upcoming block party, worrying about details. I ran around crazy today and went to bed exhausted, ya'd think that would keep me down, right? Nope.

OTOH, being super busy yesterday ended up being good--hardly ate, had only 572 calories--looks like I just did a round of JUDDD--hahaha! Hope that pushes me back into ketosis--the weekend's looming!
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote