Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #181
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 238.4/231.0/199
WOE: LC, Induction.
Start Date: 01/06/18
Just popping in to say "HEY" and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I'm still not back on alternate day fasting but it will be very, very soon. I must return to what I know makes me feel better. It's time to find time for my health and put my focus into that like I had been doing. Now that I'm in New Mexico and will be here for months if not a whole year, I can certainly turn my attention to my health and wellbeing.

So, just wanted to say I'll be back soon and I hope you're all doing well. I'm sorry for disappearing. It feels like it's been forever and a day ago. Was it September? Wow. What a long, strange trip it's been.

is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2017, 03:12 AM   #182
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/109/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I got to my Burlesque class which I love, and the scales were kind this morning.
Woah. Back up hear - how have I not noticed you mentioning that you attend Burlesque class?

You are just so fabulous!
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #183
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Welcome back, Flo!

Thanks for all you do, Slow!
Old 11-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #184
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Seabreezes, thanks so much for the Barbo update.

Great to see you too Cheryl, enjoy NM.

Hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with family and friends.

Slow, it is just a gym based class, fun dancing and then the usual toning stuff. But the music is great.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.

Last edited by Kissa; 11-23-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #185
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 238.4/231.0/199
WOE: LC, Induction.
Start Date: 01/06/18
Nice new Avi, Kissa! Sounds like a provocative exercise class. Full of fun and a little bit of naughtiness. Thanks for the welcome back. Any day now.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #186
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi Cheryl and SeeBreezes! Thanks for the update on Barbo!

Cindy- that class sounds like it is fun!

DW and I have been laying around all day so far. Pretty soon we get ourselves together and meet up with our friends for dinner.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #187
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It was definitely an UP day for me! LOL

Carly, so glad to hear DW is home and recouperating.

Slow, hope you are feeling better.

Kissa, so jealous of your stamina for these classes!

Bluebelle, big hugs for you on the work situation. Nice side of retirement is not having to deal with that anymore. Bad side is being old and poor. LOL

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-24-2017 at 10:58 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #188
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Sorry I've been off the boards, folks, it was longer than I realized! All is well, rotations okay. Broke on purpose for Thanksgiving and today and can't wait to not eat tomorrow!! Glad Carly's DW is beginning to feel better and glad to read about all the JBs. Happy late Thanksgiving! Grateful for you all!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #189
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/109/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Slow, it is just a gym based class, fun dancing and then the usual toning stuff. But the music is great.
I have a very strong feeling that you have the stage presence and joie de vivre that are integral to good, confident burlesque.

Thank you all for your enquiries and good wishes. I know it will improve but this is definitely a sticky patch.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #190
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/144/133 5'4"
Popping in to check how everyone is doing.

Carly - glad to hear the good news that DW is home.

Kissa - well, burlesque, that's fabulous and sounds like so much fun!

Slow - thinking of you

Everyone else, sending hello's and hope you all had a great thanksgiving

All well with me, just busy - i've only got just over a month before I head off to become a granny. Time just flies by!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #191
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Evie - how is DD's pregnancy going? Time flies by indeed! How lovely.

Slow how are you progressing?

Cindy music makes all the difference for work-outs doesn't it!

I had a tough week last week. My moods were all over the place - I was super dejected, off the wagon, feeling out of control (depressed moods compounded by stress over working situation - I am now being micromanaged by 10000x - and PMS). But then the weekend rolled around and I felt much better - DS had his taekwondo belt-changing ceremony (one of the most heartwarming events I have ever been to in my life), I had a cathartic spat/subsequent talks with DH (he expressed his concern for me and my health, and it was really good he did it), I went to the salon and love what the lady did with my hair, we took DS to the circus (it was SO lovely) and decorated the house for Xmas.

And today I truly have felt so much better. I had a good and mindful DD (made couscous salad and had a 1-cup serving with 1/4 avocado, going to have a mini chocolate bar for dessert - under 500 kcals easy), and I took a HUGE step for me - I made a plan to join a gym this Friday (1st of December)!! I haven't been to a gym in a horrifying 6-7 years, my friends. But that's all going to change - this one is 3 minutes away and I know I am going to make the most of it. DH is being super supportive and taking me to get workout clothes tomorrow. Other things making me happy: realising that we are super financially stable right now after so many months of uncertainty and stomachache, my wonderful DS who at 8 years old can make eggs and toast for himself with no help (and then wash up last night's dishes), the fact that I got all the Christmas presents already, and that tomorrow is an UD!

Last edited by Bluebelle; 11-27-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #192
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Evie - how is DD's pregnancy going? Time flies by indeed! How lovely.

Slow how are you progressing?

Cindy music makes all the difference for work-outs doesn't it!

I had a tough week last week. My moods were all over the place - I was super dejected, off the wagon, feeling out of control (depressed moods compounded by stress over working situation - I am now being micromanaged by 10000x - and PMS). But then the weekend rolled around and I felt much better - DS had his taekwondo belt-changing ceremony (one of the most heartwarming events I have ever been to in my life), I had a cathartic spat/subsequent talks with DH (he expressed his concern for me and my health, and it was really good he did it), I went to the salon and love what the lady did with my hair, we took DS to the circus (it was SO lovely) and decorated the house for Xmas.

And today I truly have felt so much better. I had a good and mindful DD (made couscous salad and had a 1-cup serving with 1/4 avocado, going to have a mini chocolate bar for dessert - under 500 kcals easy), and I took a HUGE step for me - I made a plan to join a gym this Friday (1st of December)!! I haven't been to a gym in a horrifying 6-7 years, my friends. But that's all going to change - this one is 3 minutes away and I know I am going to make the most of it. DH is being super supportive and taking me to get workout clothes tomorrow. Other things making me happy: realising that we are super financially stable right now after so many months of uncertainty and stomachache, my wonderful DS who at 8 years old can make eggs and toast for himself with no help (and then wash up last night's dishes), the fact that I got all the Christmas presents already, and that tomorrow is an UD!
I'm feeling it too (minus the family events, as I blissfully single). Last week was much less controlled than I wanted it to be, and it aroused my panic response (omg this is the beginning of the end, I'll weigh 250 by Monday). I did manage at least to maintain an 8 hour eating window. And passed on the tiramisu at Stop n Shop when I realized it was over a thousand calories a piece. Sooo happy they put calorie counts on pastries these days.

Sooooo glad to be back on track as of yesterday and putting together a plan for the next week. I want to enjoy the last eight days here at the cabin, and I won't if I'm not eating sanely. I really don't operate well without a plan.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #193
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/130/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Last week was much less controlled than I wanted it to be, and it aroused my panic response (omg this is the beginning of the end, I'll weigh 250 by Monday). I did manage at least to maintain an 8 hour eating window.
I'm in the same boat. I had a huge UUAD on Sunday, after doing so well on Thanksgiving itself. I was eating a lot of turkey sandwiches because I only get them 2x a year. Now I can't get back into the rhythm of OMAD, and the fear of losing this hold on things is starting to creep in. Also, it could possibly be hormonal related. But I also know how I seem to have a month-long run of things before something trips me up and piles the pounds back on. I need to fight tooth and nail to have a solid DD and rebuild the habit.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #194
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the season, kwerpie! *hugs*
Old 11-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #195
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Wow, things are quiet around here.

Yesterday went to get cute workout gear with DH and DS. All I'm missing is the sneakers, which I'll probably get tomorrow.

I'm changing up the rotations this week (UD yesterday and today UD too), because if I don't do it, Friday would be a DD and I don't want my first day at the gym to be a DD for obvious reasons! I am sure I will end up working out on DDs eventually but I need to get used to actually working out first (under normal caloric conditions!).
Old 11-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #196
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I'm changing up the rotations this week (UD yesterday and today UD too), because if I don't do it, Friday would be a DD and I don't want my first day at the gym to be a DD for obvious reasons! I am sure I will end up working out on DDs eventually but I need to get used to actually working out first (under normal caloric conditions!).
I'm struggling to come up with a plan this week that fits my four doc appointments, back to back end-of-the-year-farewell luncheons, and a return to Boston via train. All of which are triggers for me. Gaaaa. Gonna try to stick to EOD LC: UDs Thurs (luncheon 1, doc 1), Sat, Mon (docs 2 and 3), Weds (travel).

So far so good, but this leaves Friday, when I'm having luncheon 2 (two hours away--travel also being a trigger), as a DD. Best result would be to have just the lunch, at around 500 calories. Keeping it under 800 for the day would still be outstanding. Fingers crossed!

Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #197
Kissa

I'm not getting in as many DDs as I like either. Weight is fine but I feel 'lumpy'....

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #198
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/130/124
Like Frosty used to track, I also track my 7 day average.
On Nov 1, my 7 day average was 136.7. It got as low as 130.4, but it has crept up to 132.3. I'll not complain, as that's a 4 lb loss for the month, but I'm getting anxious to not let it creep up further.
Ironically, today I got my first 'have you lost weight,' from one of my colleagues that I consider a friend. I admited I had, and I cannot credit exercise for it. It's mostly getting my anxiety under control, and that has given me the most success. Before I got back to JUDDD I went from an average of 141-142 to 136. In total I've lost about 10 lbs in 7 weeks.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:28 AM   #199
Kissa

That's great Kwerp, I think averaging it out is very helpful.

Where has this month gone?