Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #121
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
So great about DH's job Bluebelle. What a great outcome.

And you too Vlo, I have great hopes for your move home and all the good things you deserve coming to fruition.

Tara, 8 lbs loss in such a short time is wonderful You must be so inspired. keep on keeping on.

Slow, what a fascinating exhibition. I may have time to get there when I am back in town. How is you MIL progressing?

Phoenix, sorry things are stressful. I didn't like the sound of your last post. Hugs.

Carly you so deserve the vacation. I really hope you find something.

All good here, we have a dear friend staying for a few days which is always a joy.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #122
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi Tara! I echo Cindy- 8 lbs in a short time is awesome!!
I was thinking about you when I was struggling with dealing with the "stepkids" - its so difficult to react to them when I have no real authority. I figured you could give some advice - how did you deal with it early on?

Today is slightly better than yesterday. I ended up leaving work a bit early to go work at home- I started sliding in to panic attack mode looking at my humongous To-do list, trying to handle DC and his inability to make or stick to any plans, thinking of the even longer list of home and personal things that are not getting done. I Just had to get out of my own head so I headed home which is the best thing I could have done. I did continue working of course but when I needed a work break, I could do home things - spend 10 minutes picking up in the other room, putting clothes away, dishes, and then it would clear my muddied head a bit and I could be way more productive with work things. It worked out so well I'm hoping to use this strategy more often in the coming weeks. Its tricky though because we don't have an actual work from home policy and other people might get a bit resentful. I have to find the right balance. I keep saying this.

and again, contrary to what I thought would happen, I ended up eating what would have been dinner for a late lunch when I got home (eating for stress relief) but then had a just a snack at dinner time and the scale was down again. so far I've lost about 5 of that 10 lbs I re-gained. Just so counter-intuitive to what I think should happen! I think I may try to do a combination of Fast-5 in all of this also and maybe eat the larger meal earlier in the day. I have wondered if maybe a drop in blood sugar during the work day is not helping me.

On that note, happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #123
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
As some of you may know I am a huge fan of Jason Fung. He is on side with all types of fasting including JUDDD style ADF.

I thought I'd seen most of his You Tube talks but I was directed to one I though would encourage all of us on here. Dr. Jason Fung - 'Therapeutic Fasting - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem'

He talks so much sense and if you have time to watch it I think it will encourage all of us and remind us what a favour we do ourselves the we stick with JUDDD.

I do longer fasts too on occasion but that is a personal choice.

Glad you managed to get some good work/home balance there Pheonix.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #124
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Thanks to all for your well-wishing! We are so pleased. DH's spirits have totally lifted, he is full of optimism.

WOE-wise - DDs derailed by massive work tasks (Phoenix's feelings of being overwhelmed by to-do list totally resonate - and my tasks this weeks are requiring deep concentration/creativity...need satiety to be able to focus) and general celebratory mood. We have a date day tomorrow (DS is having a sleepover at my mom's) so looks like I'm starting afresh on Sun Oct 1. Am going to try not to overdo the calories.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #125
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Just popping in to say Hi!!!! Work is busy, life is busy and looks like no vacation in November- it is what it is- right?

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:32 AM   #126
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/109/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
One of the more disturbing things about the book is its classification - it's promoted for young adults and, in some libraries, 9+.

Now, the taboo parts are very well-handled. And it does start from her childhood and includes being ostracised at school and being bullied - but, this still shocks me. I get that it's probably a realistic age categorisation and it does address issues that are sadly all too common for young people (when a astonishing number of very young children want to go on a diet and fear being fat...), but there's part of me that is very sad about this.

All I can say is, Well Done Wellcome - this is a remarkably thought-provoking exhibit in an interesting exhibition! And, I thought I'd just need a 30 minute walk around to see it. How wrong I was.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #127
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/109/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
New month, new chat thread http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=889890
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote