Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #241
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/161/155 -145
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Portia- so awesome you feel really thin, best feeling ever! I too saw a new low this week!Sad you aren't going to be my keto buddy for the rest of the month but enjoying your time with your friends is important so I get it! Definitely curious to see how switching back affects your weight, keep us updated!

Phoenix- Very interesting how your sisters were affected by their time with your grandma. It's true our relationship with food begins when we are young so I feel like I have a short window to try and fix what I messed up. I think the biggest disservice to my DD is she was born, bred, and raised in a time in my life where I was an obese fast food junkie I didn't change my ways till she was 4-5 so she grew up on happy meals so now even though she hasn't eaten that stuff for the last couple years she still used to and prefers that kind of food, chicken nuggets, French fries, chips, mac and cheese etc. I'm
Definitely going to try my hardest to introduce healthier options to her and get her moving! Vegas!!!! Woohoo! I think you can totally lose 10 lbs by then, don't sell yourself short! Do EOD , be strict with counting your calories and i know it'll happen!

everyone else!

So yesterday I saw a new low!!! 160 lbs! I did get to 160.6 in November when my DS was in the hospital but after that the bounce was 161-164. So even though it's only by .6 less it's still my lowest weight I've been in 13 years! well it was cause after my ud yesterday I'm up 1.8 I thought I did pretty good with not snacking yesterday, ate breakfast, went to practice in the morning, had a late lunch at a diner with some of the girls. I had and omelette but it did have a lot of onions, tomatoes, and avocado in it so I'm starting to wonder if my carbs went too high.....idk but 1.8 is the biggest uptick I've seen since starting keto. after that big lunch I wasn't hungry for hours and did not snack but then around 7 pm I wanted to eat and nothing was made so I snacked, on summer sausage, cheese, Pork rinds, and a couple of fat bombs. It felt Like snacking but this was actually my dinner so idk if that counts? kinda debating fasting today because I forgot it was a 3 day weekend for both my DD and my DH so they will be home tomorrow and for some reason that always throws off my rotation so for now just going to have my coffee and play the rest of the day by ear. If I know for sure my DH wants to go somewhere or whatever tomorrow I'll fast today and just do EOD for the remainder of the week till my rotation falls back on to m-w-f again. Hope you all are having a great weekend ttyl!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #242
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 209/181.8/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Congrats on the new low Vlo!! Woohoo!!!! VLC works so well for you - have you never had a sweet tooth or have you just changed your tastes to do without?
I think you can still change your daughters habits- sounds to me that you make some yummy food options so that helps! if she sees that healthier foods can taste as good or better than the junk,as she gets older she will make better choices right?

I had intended to fast today also but I brought the dog out for our morning walk on a different trail and took a wrong turn and ended up being out walking in the cold longer than intended (on a happy note, i have already reached my daily step goal!). When I got back home I was ravenous! I'll try to keep control over dinner but IDK maybe not - if I count out rotations, if I make tomorrow a DD and stick to eod, then my holiday work party lands on an UD. My problem on weekends is that I am still looking to food and drink for comfort and to alleviate boredom. I need to find a way to fix that.

Brrr I need some tea- I am afraid I am getting sick. I am cold and tired all the time and I keep sneezing. Pooey.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #243
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Oh Phoenix I do hope you haven't caught anything.

Vlo, I think your daughter also has many allergies, so it must be difficult for her, and you.

I chose to eat toast today. Not regretting it, it was really good seed bread and I had it with butter and Marmite. A total favourite of mine and something I very rarely eat these days.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #244
Lose20lbs42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lose20lbs42
Congrats on the new low Vlo! I thought that was a new low for you. I have been studying the journals. Great job!!

I am also at a new low today of 144.6. I haven't seen that number in over 15 years and even then it was for a few days at most. I have been sick this week so I'm sure there's some dehydration in there and now I have 2 UD scheduled in a row. So I hope I don't throw it off too much.
Lose20lbs42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #245
Lose20lbs42
Junior LCF Member

Great job on the exercise Phoenix. I have been slacking on that this week due to sickness. I hope to be back in the swing of things next week.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:45 PM   #246
HockeyMum
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/145.9/120. 5'3.5" Age 57
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: LC for years, JUDDD as of 2017
Just popping in to say hello. Busy few days but have stuck with my rotations, I am now 2 full weeks into JUDDD. Tomorrow should be a new low after today's DD. I love the cabbage, chicken and laughing cow cheese meal! Just making it again now for dinner.

I have been reading through a lot of the linked threads Carly put up, and I have an honest question. There were some great journals, people who lost all kinds of weight on JUDDD,in 2012 or so. They seem to have disappeared, or their later posts are about returning to VLC or other things. Does JUDDD not work in the long run? Just looking for hope that it is as good as I read it was.....
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:51 AM   #247
Happy&Healthy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Vlo and Lose20: Congrats on new lows!! That's fantastic! What a great motivator. I guess P0rtia is not the only one feeling "freaking thin" this week (my new favorite, makes me smile every time)

HockeyMum: good question, I'll be watching for responses. My assumption is that I will keep on scaled back rotations when I reach goal for the health benefits and maintenance.

Phoenix and everyone else who's fighting the flu, I feel for you. I started feeling awful last night and my right ear hurt. I went to the urgent care and it turns out I have a double ear infection It just sounds ridiculous to have an ear infection as an adult.

Do you guys stick to rotations even when under the weather? I am headed into a DD and I really don't feel like eating at this point. I was also not very hungry yesterday which isn't great since I got nowhere near my UD calories. The plan for today is to subsist on broth and, if I get peckish, have something small.

I hope everyone feels better!
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #248
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Just a fly-by. My hands are acting up - possibly not unrelated to the family stuff I can't complain.

Congrats to those who are seeing progress. Well Done to those who are persevering amidst difficult circumstances.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:32 AM   #249
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Aw man, I typed out a reply and it disappeared. I hate that. Ok here we go again:

H&H it is my personal opinion that when you are sick you just need to listen to your body and do what you have to do to get well - whether that is 2 DDs in a row or the opposite. I tend to be more sensitive to health issues as I get older!!

SS I hope your hands feel better!

HockeyMum- I am sure the more experienced JBs and those in maintenance will chime in but it is my opinion that this woe definitely does work but just like any other woe, it has to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. If you go back to the habits of whatever you were doing that got you to look to weight loss then it just makes sense it will come back on, right? But this woe isn't right for everyone so I think some people wander in, try it out, find it is not their thing and leave - or just want to try something different. I don't think you should feel discouraged by reading about people that decided to try something different. we all just find what works for us individually right? For example I know low carb works but it is not something I can personally maintain long term, and that is what I am looking for so that is how I found my way here... JMO of course!! hope that helps.

I am off work for MLK day and find days off are always harder DDs for me. Usually I just let it be another "free" day but since I have that March trip goal I am not going to do that. I think the key for me will be to just not let myself think about it too much... but that is harder than it sounds. I'll get in a couple of long walks with the dog and spend time cleaning the house... hope that helps! I need to step it up with the exercise too. Maybe I'll spend some time figuring out what to do...
Old 01-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #250
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: LC/IF/JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Happy Monday JB's. Hope everyone had a good weekend. The JB Oldies can attest that I'm not much of a personal life sharer, so I'll probably be mostly a lurker in here.

HockyMom, phoenix is right. I've had to go back many pages to see the any of the regulars that were here when I was in one my longer JUDDD tries. That's besides the ones currently here, of course. Although JUDDD has truly been magic for many, it is still a lifestyle that needs to be maintained or the pounds do come on again. We had a romance writer here, Stephanie, who was having success with JUDDD, then disappeared. She is still writing and current on social media. Dawn, was a success story who last I saw, was struggling again. She was awesome, though. When I had come back here again she weighed more than me and I watched her meet my weight and pass me by like nobody's business! I think some on here are friends with her on Facebook.

I was up after my Friday DD and don't deny being disappointed. When I was pre-lurking someone mentioned wishing people wouldn't get down about that bounce. I tried to remember ALL DAY that because it is quite frustrating to see a bounce after a good DD. It just never makes sense! Keeping a daily weight tracker does help to see the overall trend. But still!!!

Today begins week two of JUDDD and I admit there's already the "head battle" (anxiety?) trying to sneak in. Probably why my MD yesterday turned into an almost UD! I never struggled with that doing straight 16/8 or 18/6 fasting - maybe because I knew I could eat every day. Fourteen pounds lost with JUDDD waaaaay back when it was new was the most success I'd ever had with losing weight. Ten pounds down with 18/6 is the runner up and may have been more aside from the holidays. We'll see how this week goes!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #251
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I am a maintainer--over 8 years now--and I don't agree that JUDDD needs to be a 'lifestyle.' It will depend on the person, IMO.

I came to JUDDD mainly as a way to control calories because age [post menopausal] and hypothyroidism meant that I needed to eat very low calorie in order to have any deficit at all, and cycling calories via JUDDD was the best choice for me. I lost my final 100 lbs with JUDDD but did not continue with ADF in maintenance.

I was (and continue to be) a very, very low carb person because of my extreme sensitivity to carbs--and that's what has remained my 'lifestyle.' I'm comfortable with maintaining without very low DDs, but they are a good tool that I use (naturally) if I have any 'indulgent' days.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #252
HockeyMum
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/145.9/120. 5'3.5" Age 57
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: LC for years, JUDDD as of 2017
Thank you Leo, Phoenix, Vanilla and H & H for answering my question. I did read the 50 week journal by Stephanie, and it was so inspiring to see all her success, but then, poof!, she disappeared. Her story was one of the reasons I asked the question.... I agree, it is a way of life,not just a WOE, or the weight will come back.

It just seems miraculous to me at this point. I have been on it 2 weeks, have lost 5 pounds (after having back to back UD's last weekend while visiting one of the tourism capitals of the Midwest and am sitting here enjoying my 27 Cheez-its (I would have eaten the whole box before) knowing that I will still lose weight by the end of the week. I don't have a lot to lose, but really found that serious LC was hard to maintain, and the second I put a carb in my mouth, I put on another pound. I haven't weighed this much since I was pregnant 19 years ago, and it was so discouraging to think my metabolism had changed (the joys of getting older) despite the fact I am not a big cake, ice cream, fried food or junk food eater. I guess that is what frustrated me the most. I eat everything in moderation (Okay, except chocolate and wine... ) and my weight was just creeping up, even though in the past it never would. I am pretty active, spent the morning carrying drywall down to the basement with DH, walk about 10000 steps a day, and am on the go all the time. Knowing that as Carly put it, I only have to diet "every other day" is just so motivating to stick with it.

Leo, to see that you went from 340 to 145 blows my mind, that is just amazing!

Slowsure, I hope your hands are feeling better soon.

As for those of you with the flu, take this as you will, but someone in the hockey world told me years ago to take 1000 mg of Vit.C every day. I do it and both my kids (both hockey players) do it, but DH doesn't believe in "that wacky stuff" (naturopathy). Guess who gets really sick with colds a couple of times a year, and which 3 of us never get sick? I know the flu is sometimes unavoidable, but this has really worked for our family. I am sending feel better hugs to all of you. It sucks when you are under the weather, especially if you have to plan or cook meals at the same time.

Off to check for another DD meal that is as good as the chicken/cabbage/LC cheese one! DH event glanced over last night and said it looked good (had to be the soy sauce I added)....
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #253
Happy&Healthy
Junior LCF Member

SS: i hope your hands improve very soon!

Vanilla: I, too, sometimes get anxiety about things. I basically just go in to it accepting the fact that it's happening and knowing that I just need to let it happen. Accepting the inevitable (even if it's something that I'm doing willingly, like fasting) seems to make me think about it less and therefore reduces my anxiety. I hope that it gets better for you with time and the more it becomes just another part of your life.

Leo41: thanks for your thoughts, they make a lot of sense. Your journey has been absolutely astounding and a tremendous inspiration.

HockeyMum: I spent some time pondering your question today. While I do think that people drop out or find something else that works for them, I think that some people get to where they're going and no longer need or want support, so they drop from the threads. One of the journals I read was from DixieGal who inspired me very much at the beginning. She powered through ups and downs and got to goal. I noticed that she is not active anymore and her absence seems to coincide with her reaching her goal weight. Just a thought.

I managed to keep my DD today, even though I'm sick. The antibiotics are doing a great job of keeping the ear pain to a minimum and I'm feeling pretty good. I actually did most of the day on a complete fast with just water, tea and a couple of cups of broth. I had a couple of pickles for dinner and I'm feeling great overall. I'm going into this next week with trepidation since I had such difficulty last week. Hopefully, the losses will keep coming!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #254
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m not managing very low down days at the moment, but I am seeing a slow downward trend. Another new low this morning — 120 lb, so I’m back to where I was before our friends came to stay in October. It’s also where I was at the start of last year. Slow is ok as long as I’m heading in the right direction!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:39 AM   #255
Happy&Healthy
Junior LCF Member

Ailuros: That is great progress! Slow and steady wins the race

Headed into an up day, DH was starving most of the day yesterday. I think he had an "it's a holiday" mindset so it was hard on him and his anxiety rubbed off on me. We both made it through but he woke up this morning and headed into the kitchen to make eggs and bacon! I had some of that and am now getting ready for work.

Hoping everybody has a great day!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #256
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

UGH I'm so frustrated!! Despite being hungry most of the day, I managed a DD yesterday although it was on the high side (500) and I went to bed hungry and woke up this morning to a HIGHER weight than last week!!! I was even relatively behaved over the weekend- normally I don't count calories on the weekends but this time I did and stayed within limits. I'm really frustrated. My clothes are still fitting just fine so I am hoping my scale is broken (I actually ordered a new one just in case...). My only thought is perhaps my cabbage in oyster sauce was a bit too salty, maybe this is all water weight. Today is an UD and I will need to keep myself from comfort eating.

I'm thinking maybe I need to switch back to low(er) carb for a while but I struggle with my sweet tooth and it is always what derails me because I end up eating all those low carb sweet treats or I just cheat and eat something with real sugar. Tell me my low carb JBs, what do you do to satisfy that sweet tooth? or are you lucky enough not to have one?
Old 01-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #257
Kissa

Good to see the numbers coming down Ailuros, When we met up I think you were about 112 and I was around 138.... Slow and steady is fine.

Sorry about the starving DDs, I just don't seem to get those any more, for which I am very grateful.

Phoenix, don't be disheartened by the beastly number on the scale. Nice to have an excuse for a new one though. I am one of the lucky ones who don't have a sweet tooth. But someone once suggested you go and brush your teeth. Toothpaste is remarkably sweet and once you've cleaned your teeth you feel sort of good about yourself.

I am reading Jimmy Moore/Jason Fung's Complete Guide to Fasting. Most interesting.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #258
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: LC/IF/JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Vanilla: I, too, sometimes get anxiety about things. I basically just go in to it accepting the fact that it's happening and knowing that I just need to let it happen. Accepting the inevitable (even if it's something that I'm doing willingly, like fasting) seems to make me think about it less and therefore reduces my anxiety. I hope that it gets better for you with time and the more it becomes just another part of your life.
That's the kicker. When I was just doing 18/6, I had zero anxiety. Maybe at the beginning, but that left pretty quickly. I settled in quite comfortably, doing 18/6 during the week and relaxing those hours a bit on the weekends. It took awhile, but ten pounds did come off. Sundays I typically don't eat a lot, but this past Sunday, the anxiety about the next day being a DD kicked in.

The JB's know I've tried JUDDD countless times since it came out ten years ago! It could be I'm narrowing things down and realizing what I can do comfortably (18/6) with no anxiety, and still lose weight. Which is line with your thoughts and that I completely agree with.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #259
Kissa

Mix it up a little, I do... Fasting days, UDs, DDs, MDs, 16/8, 20/4.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #260
leonak
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Been not on any plan and the scale now says 116.5!

Just not in the spirit to lose lately, have a dozen reasons why too:

Sick for 2 weeks, then family member not well at all ( but that part is over, thank goodness), then snow and more snow too! Christmas was when I was the sickest, still have not had that holiday because of all this!

Plan to start back on JUDD on Friday!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #261
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Good to see the numbers coming down Ailuros, When we met up I think you were about 112 and I was around 138.... Slow and steady is fine.
I think I must have been a bit more than that. It’s been more than two years since I was 112. I was maybe 115. In that case I’m only 5 lb higher! My head likes the idea of 110, but I suspect all my clothes would fit better at 115, so that would be a lot cheaper! I’d probably be a UK size 8 at that, and it gets hard to find smaller sizes (if you’re not buying teen or high fashion), so that’s a sensible place to stop!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #262
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/183/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Portia- so awesome you feel really thin, best feeling ever! I too saw a new low this week!Sad you aren't going to be my keto buddy for the rest of the month but enjoying your time with your friends is important so I get it! Definitely curious to see how switching back affects your weight, keep us updated!
Curiously, after four days of LoCal + 4:3 JUDDD, the weird hunger I experienced on VLC + 4:3 JUDDD (with 0 Cal DDs) is gone. Gotta say I don't miss it. Had a great <400 cal DD yesterday (salad for lunch, omelet for supper, and bit of homemade chocolate-coconut candy for dessert). Was not hungry at all this morning. Lunch (turkey and mozarella) tasted like a five course dinner from the finest chefs of Europe. Honestly, I feel like I'm home (DDs easy and UDs like a feast--so satisfying). This I can do for life. Whereas VLC is half holiday, half religious retreat.

Interesting body-shape transformation going on with me (due to lots of exercise--not an issue of VLC vs. LoCal). A week ago all the running around began to pay off with double speed and mobility. Also I'm visibly shrinking. Indeed I have the beginnings of a waist (who knew that was where your elbows were supposed to go when you sit in a chair?) and the tennis shorts I was wearing three weeks ago are now too big. Not surprisingly, as I know I'm putting on a lot of muscle mass, I haven't lost any weight. I expected this--actually HOPED for this--but it is amazing to see it taking place.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #263
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/124.6/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post

Interesting body-shape transformation going on with me (due to lots of exercise--not an issue of VLC vs. LoCal). A week ago all the running around began to pay off with double speed and mobility. Also I'm visibly shrinking. Indeed I have the beginnings of a waist (who knew that was where your elbows were supposed to go when you sit in a chair?) and the tennis shorts I was wearing three weeks ago are now too big. Not surprisingly, as I know I'm putting on a lot of muscle mass, I haven't lost any weight. I expected this--actually HOPED for this--but it is amazing to see it taking place.
Love that!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #264
Lose20lbs42
Junior LCF Member

Great to hear about your progress Portia! Very motivating.

I am having an extra hungry DD after two UD. When I first starting JUDDDing, I ate very late into my UD, 9-10pm. To avoid being hungry in the morning of my DD. But, I realize the bounces are so much better if I stop eating by 7.

Yesterday I ate 2 bacon/egg/cheese croissants for breakfast, a 5 guys double cheeseburger and a few fries for lunch/supper and a few dark choc coconut bites for dessert. (We were traveling yesterday). My bounce today was 1.2 lbs. which is so much better than 2.5-3lbs. Now I know this may not happen all the time, but it sure helps me to stop eating on an UD even though I may go to bed a little hungry. Just thought I'd share to see if anyone else has had any similar experiences.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #265
Happy&Healthy
Junior LCF Member

Phoenix: don't despair, if there is one piece of wisdom that I have picked up from my research is that it happens on JUDDD. I went through that last week and bounced back down to the previous week's weights. Keep doing what you're doing, I predict a whoosh right around the corner!

Kissa: interesting, eh? When I read The Obesity Code it just made so much sense to me. The fasting book is full of practical info, love it also.

P0rtia: woohooo! Your hard work is paying off!

Vanilla: do what works for you, if the 18/6 works do that for a while until you're comfortable and ready to shake things up. The only woe that is going to work is the one YOU can do consistently. 18/6 is still a very worthy fast and one that gives results!!

I am feeling bloated and hungry today, could it be the antibiotics? I am going to go for an easier DD tomorrow, no full fast, I will eat a reasonable lunch (grilled chicken breast with arugula and cucumber salad) and a small dinner.