Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #31
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Well, after all these years, I finally have a huge fail - not in the taste - but I couldn't get even one of the carrot cake muffins out of the cute silicone heart-shaped muffin thingies.
I have (for some reason) 4 silicone muffin "tins" but obviously they are not tins, they're made of silicone. So they are the size of a regular muffin, but they are heart-shaped.

Every single one broke up so badly I ended up putting each one in a separate baggie and will hand them to my family as they leave. No frosting. They taste AMAZING (Chicken Lady's recipe) but they look like urp. LOL

Making the black bean cake (2 layers) right now. And I just use regular black beans. I don't know about Doyle Beans! Should I???

I wish I could think of something casual, clever, finger-food, appetizer-ish to serve for my birthday. SS is making Red Lobster biscuits. I liked what I did with Christmas, but I don't want to re-do that so soon. I had pimiento cheese, roasted radish hummus, and spinach artichoke dip with celery and carrots and cucumber and a little pita bread for dipping.
Bowe made ribs, so still finger food. And dessert. We all loved it and didn't have a big sit-down, we were chasing all the little kids.

Only 1 little kid and 1 baby and their parents Friday, my mom, SS & DBIL. I'll have the cake and the rolls. Any easy finger food idea appreciated. I am sure Bowe would be happy smoking some meat, but what?

I'm interested in that at-home sleep test, too. $300 is a lot, but to do it at home seems ideal!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #32
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
hummmm, I thought I posted this morning but it is not here. I must be losing it.

Anyway if I had actually posted (I'm sure I did) I would have said ..............ah wait, it was yesterday that I actually posted. Losing it girls!!!!!!

Today I did a whole boatload of office work. Paid bills, emailed three family members that I owed news from home (long emails), and the best thing about my day was that I ordered garden seeds. I love, love, love my gardens!!!!

Judy...so much stress over birthday food. I just pick up KFC....done! Too bad about your heart shaped cakes. What a disappointment. I haven't ever used those silicone things (me no cook . Your black bean cake sounds interesting though. I think you girls know that I'm a girl who loves her beans.

And........I am a HUGE FAILURE at dieting!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with me?????????? I guess I will blame it on winter and being shut in. I'm running out of excuses and I'm still FAT And I got a wedding invitation for April 7th....hummmmm gonna have to go FAT DRESS shopping.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #33
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Too bad about your heart muffins but glad they tasted good. Your meal sounds great.
Finger food? I love those Heroine Wings. Maybe low carb roll ups. ? Ants on a log? Lolo

Karen, I don't have the snow excuse. Still at 162.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #34
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha!~!!!!
Karen you are funny!!

That black bean cake is witchcraft and spackle and awesome.
It is a huge hit and not one person would know it doesn't have some kind of flour in it.
(It has no kind of flour in it).

I cannot point a finger at you, my dear, for failing to stick to your eating plan in a winter you're having and I'm not. We have a bit of winter, then it backs off to some sort of spring, then BACK to winter and a bit of spring. Super cold weather makes me want to eat everything, too!

But that April wedding... could you eat a little more low carb?
HA HA HA HA! Tell me to mind my own business if you want!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #35
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

LOW CARB ROLL UPS??? What is this?
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #36
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

18 seconds until my two black bean chocolate incredibly delicious cakes come out of the oven!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #37
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Ants on a log.............ooooh, my fave!!!!!

Yep, Judy the carbs are winning. And no...I can't eat any more meat . I've slipped off my "window" wagon and need to get back on. I was doing well with it but little by little back to some carb snacking. Hummmmmmmmmm!!!!! I need to count my WW points inside my 5 hour window. WW does the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks thing and that doesn't work anymore. I need to only do lunch and supper then STOP!!! Bad, Bad Girl.

Awww, I'm jealous of your warm springlike weather. I want 70 degrees sooooooooooo badly.

Carolyn...I'm envious of your 162. I'm still at 172.

Ok tomorrow, actually today (Its 12:30 a.m. Thursday as I write) I'm back on the wagon. Thanks for shoving me back up there gals.

And hey....where did Lori go?? Probably has walked off 10 pounds by now. I hope so.

going to bed now....for real this time!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #38
CarolynF

Low carb tortilla with the roll ups.

We are going to Bville to Aldis tomorrow. There is a new sushi/Chinese restaurant. Dh was whining about wanting to do more chainsawing and I need to be here in case I have to call 911. I said I'd go myself, but he relented that he could do his chainsawing afterwards. Lolol

yummy on that cake.

Cindy had the flu, now Tom has it. Prayers for them

Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #39
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Good news and sort of bad news........

The good news first. I ate under my WW points (Can have 26, had 24), am going to be happy to stay in my window. Was an hour past because I had a meeting and didn't get home in time and needed to eat supper but I'm a stuffed kitten now and will be happy all evening without cheating. Yeahhhhh for me. Back on track. Judy....I even had 3 ounces of ham (meat...proud of me).

Sort of bad news (not totally but I'm just in a sad mood about it ).....
So I had all my work up for my bladder surgery and my insurance denied the surgery because it was outside of my insurance network (I HATE INSURANCE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So I was referred to another "approved" clinic/hospital and had my first appointment there today. Starting all over. This doctor (and I do like her) agrees that I need the surgery (4th doctor to agree that I need the surgery. My M.D., Gyne, Urologist, and now this second Urologist....sighhhhhh.) She wants to do things differently, and actually I do see her logic but it is going to be a bigger surgery than the other. She wants to take my own tissue from my stomach area to use as the sling to hold up my bladder, not using the mesh that is often used. She says there is a better success rate and it holds longer. The mesh has a 20% fail rate because the mesh can dissolve. Mayo Clinic so they know what they are doing. She's been there 18 years and does this surgery all the time. I actually worked this floor of the clinic when she first came on board as a Urologist and know she is excellent. I requested her in the referral process from the other clinic. My disappointment is that I'll have to have the vaginal incision and the abdomen incision which is a lot of cutting and healing. I had a bowel resection 18 years ago and it took years for my tummy scar to feel normal. I really do think what this doctor is telling me is the right thing to do but I live with so much chronic pain and to add more pain for a couple more weeks/months or a lot of months just takes my mind to places that are overwhelming. I hate my body. It has become a nightmare. So I'm sure this is the choice I will make but I've had a hard day emotionally.

The other thing is that my son (the one with Cystic Fibrosis) needs to have his Port-a-cath removed and replaced and I need to be with him during and after that surgery. With his lung function so low he is at higher risk of things going wrong and honestly I just do better emotionally if I am with him. If I can't get my pain under control after this surgery I'm not going to be any good for him. (another sigh), just a miserably emotional day.

It will all get better and I will be fine, "resilient" is my middle name, but I'm just ready for some sunshine in my life. I want the life back that I had before chronic pain. I'll never get it until I'm sleeping in the grave but most days I welcome that new bed. Chronic pain just takes you to that place in your mind.

The doctor also said I'd be better if I lost about 15 pounds............well, that didn't help my emotional state. Like yes, I know that, and the only way I can get there is to live on 700-800 calories for the next 4-5 months. I left the clinic, got out of the parking ramp and cried all the way home. Just overwhelmed. I was mentally prepared to get this done at the other facility and this delay and going through it all again (and now 5 different doctors have had their hands up my "who-hoo" (a resident and staff doctor today makes 5). I just want it done, like tomorrow and I want to heal in one week and be done with it. But it won't be like that and I'm just a mess today. A banana split sounds good. Would love to drown my emotions in loads of ice cream, nuts and chocolate syrup, but I won't.

And that's the report from up north. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Oh and back to the clinic next Thursday where we will make more decisions and schedule the surgery I think.

Judy, is this your birthday dinner night?? If it is I hope you got the food all figured out, had a good laugh over your heartless cakes, enjoyed the family and are enjoying being 39 (again).

And ickyyyyyyyyy, that nasty flu, Carolyn. Not fun. You stay away from that. Is Cindy the Cindy on these boards or a friend or family member? Just not sure who it is but awwwwww feeling for them. ~~~~ Carolyn, we have Aldi. I shop for a few things there. What are your fave's? I like their canned fruit, canned beans (yes more bean talk), crackers, apple juice (my son), butter, whipped cream and a few other things.

Good night, sorry I write so much. I'm a wordy gal.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #40
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, the Cindy with the flu is the Cindy on these boards, bless her.
I'm sorry for them - sounds miserable.

Carolyn enjoy my birthday while you are in Bartlesville! I have a big love for Aldi, as you know.
Karen you just named a number of foods I'd never buy there. LOL

I really don't advocate eating a lot of meat. Most of us here eat a moderate amount of protein - not just meat. I just don't advocate high carbs and processed foods.

You've had a tough day, Karen. That actually does sound like you'll have the results you need with the excellent doctor, but I understand needing to be there for your son. This day needs to go to bed! Tomorrow will look better.
I can't imagine how resilient you've been over the years. You get to have this down day, but I'm sure you'll pick yourself up sooner than I would.
I'm a champ at feeling sorry for myself! And who wants to win that race?? LOL
Old 02-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #41
CarolynF

Hi ladies,

New Hibachi place. Dh had tempura and I had shrimp and veggies. Very good. Got lots of stuff at Aldis. Got my friend some SF jams.

Karen, I think it is a blessing to be at Mayos. None better. Have they scheduled your surgery? When is your son having his surgery???

I have been pretty okay so far this year. I think those allergy shots helped boost my immune system.

Going to a jewelry party tomorrow. Lolol

Old 02-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #42
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Judy, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful and that all your food turned out delicious!

We are still loving our winter experience down here. Another couple of our friends are arriving tomorrow night for 10 days. After that everybody is going home and it'll finally be just me and DH. I wonder what that will feel like, lol.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #43
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Judy, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful and that all your food turned out delicious!
Thank you!
It is one of my favorite birthdays in recent memory. We had a ball having our family over and everyone just talking/chasing a 3-yr-old/cooing with a 2-month old... just fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
We are still loving our winter experience down here. Another couple of our friends are arriving tomorrow night for 10 days. After that everybody is going home and it'll finally be just me and DH. I wonder what that will feel like, lol.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Prediction: You will love it just as much when it's only the two of you.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #44
CarolynF

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun in Texas!! We are hot here. 78!!!! But no pool.

Glad Judy had a nice birthday.

Dh and I are heading to Bentonville on Tuesday and going to Chrystal Bridges, the art museum started by the Walton gal.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #45
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

That'll be fun, Carolyn.
Let us hear a review.
Still thinking after all the hoopla dies down we should meet in Pawhuska.
Maybe Sandy will be back by then.

My DD and her family, SS and her family , my mother, all enjoying each other...it was divine. LOVED it. Made my heart full.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #46
CarolynF

I'm up for a Pawhuska trip. So happy that you had a happy birthday..

Did you see where one of your Walking Dead people is going to be at Planet Comicon in KCity? Lolol.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #47
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahahaha! They've been in Tulsa, too. Just not my deal. Lol

I really want to go to Pawhuska, but I really want to wait until it's not so busy. I'd actually like to eat there and I hear the line to eat is still really long.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #48
CarolynF

Yes, the line is very long..However, if you get there around 10:30 and get in line for lunch, you might only have to wait 30 minutes..Breakfast is served from 7-11 and lunch after that.

LOL..i was just kidding..My son loves this stuff..I can't imagine you going to it..LOL..Even
for your Walking Dead boyfriend.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #49
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

HA HA HA! Okay - I was afraid I'd have to rei-introduce myself to you! LOL

Oh well that's not so bad, waiting 30 minutes I can definitely do.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #50
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Our other friends arrived last night so the whirlwind will probably start today, lol. I found them a place here but they won't be able to get in to it until late today or early tomorrow. That will be nice to have them closer. Their hotel is clear across town!
They'll be here 12 days and then head up the valley to see some other friends. Then our friends who've been here since Jan 5 will leave the 28th. I'm not worried about them all leaving and it being just me and DH. I'm actually looking forward to it, lol. I love them all dearly! but it will be so nice to have it just us, which was our original plan. These 2 couples just thought it sounded like so much fun that they said they were going to come too. Which is fine; we've had a ton of fun and will add to that fun in the next days, but we're really looking forward to some "our time" for the month of March.
Time is just flying by down here! We really like it, even more than we thought we would. I think it'll be hard to leave. But we have so much to do when we get home. So we'll be living in another whirlwind when we get there. I need to do our taxes as soon as we arrive. Then we need to finish getting the house ready to sell. I've done most of what I need to do but DH still has the garage and basement to tackle. Then if we sell it right away we're going to put everything in storage and live in the 5th wheel until our place is ready. And they're right on schedule so far so if they keep it up it'll be ready the end of August! Right when we'll be getting back from our month in Colorado! I'm thinking we should either cancel or change the dates on that trip but DH still wants to go. It'll depend on how the sale of our house goes, I guess. So much up in the air; makes me nervous!

My weight is not a great topic right now. Living like you're on vacation and trying to keep your weight in check is HARD!! I already told DH when everybody leaves and it's just us, I'm back to living in my window!

Have a great day! I'll try to check in again soon.

Food can wait!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #51
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

What a great update, Sandy!
I bet you are looking forward to a little "just us" time, while of course enjoying this great experience of having your fun friends there. So much fun to hear about.

Ugh - taxes and moving looming. STAY WHERE YOU ARE! PRETEND LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK! Lol

Working at home - glad to have the work, hoping I don't check in too often.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #52
CarolynF

Enjoy every minute, Sandy!!! Sounds like you are having a blast!! Friends are fun to be with. Especially good friends.

Well, as some you know, Brett and Sarah are engaged. We are delighted and he is too as are her parents. Don't have a date yet as they will be shopping for a venue in 2 weeks. Might have a small wedding. Her idea was 100 people including the bridal party. The bridal party would include about 22 people including spouses. So Brett and I made up a list of bare bones folks and it came to 56. So, we will see what kind of a venue she wants. It's her day!!! So far she is thinking of June or October. Summer is too hot! Her mom will be gone on a business trip in September.

So, I had better get with the program to get at least 10 pounds off.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #53
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy, happy news!!!
I bet that will be a fun wedding.
Congratulations to all of you!!
Old 02-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #54
CarolynF

Thanks, Judy. Will be fun.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #55
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

How exciting to be planning a wedding!! We got married on June 20 and I swear it was the hottest day of the whole summer!! And back then the church didn't have A/C!! I wish for them a lovely air conditioned venue for sure!

Food can wait!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #56
CarolynF

Me, too on the AC. Judy, they are going to look at The Silo and the Hidden Porch. Both look fine and had good reviews.

One time at our church in West Des Moines with no AC one layer of the cake slipped off. The ladies had some fast repairing to do!!!

We shall see what happens in the planning. The venues are about 2,500 with no food. You pay for the setting.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #57
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll have to look at those online. I've seen The Silo online and it looks really wonderful but as far as I know I've not seen The Hidden Porch. Everything is so expensive now!

Will they have both the wedding and the reception at their venue? Or go from church to their reception?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #58
CarolynF

She wants to have it all in the same place. So therefore it is 2500 for the place. The Porch makes the wedding party clean up and bring their own rags. So I am assuming they are using paper plates. Lolo. I hope to stay out of the choice of places though. It is the bride's day. She needs to be happy. We deciddd to send a check to help them. Same amt we gave Beth. Not tons of money but it will help.

Gosh. Tomorrow we are going to New Balance for new sneaks. We are in Bentonville. Downtown looks amazing. We had a nice Italian cheat meal.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #59
CarolynF

I get to go to Davids Bridal to watch Sarah try on gowns on the 25th!!! Fun, huh?

Well, after carbing out these past few days, back to normal. I'm back on Lean for Life, which got me down to 128 a while back.

Crystal Bridges is amazingly beautiful. You just want to stay there and absorb the architecture. A free must see.

I got 2 new pairs of New Balances. I can fit my orthotics in them. Not terribly glamorous but they work.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #60
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back and thanks for adding something to my "to do" list I bet I need to see.
Glad you all had such a nice getaway.

I have about zero "glamorous" shoes anymore. My feet keep getting weirder and I have such little tolerance for discomfort. My favorite shoes are tennis shoes or similar.

I got to sleep an entire 8 hours last night. Wed. night DD called crying with the worst pain she'd ever experienced. She's also a kidney stone former, but said this pain was not in the same place and was much worse. She is typically stoic and quiet, but was writing in pain and calling out in pain with each breath. Not yelling, but in more pain than I'd witnessed since my mother in a bout with pancreatitis.

DH and I took her to the ER and they took their sweet time (we went to Owasso to avoid the crowds in Tulsa). She was the only one in the waiting room. Writhing and crying out and retching, they came for her after about 40 minutes, then let her sit in the ER room for 30 more. Took blood and had her drink the heinous stuff they want you to drink for contrast for a CT scan. Told her it would be 30 minutes after she drank the stuff. It was a little more than an hour.

CT scan showed gallstones, AND kidney stones. Double whammy!

Their computers were down, but their telephones worked. She was ordered a room, but it didn't happen. Doc disappeared, our nurse disappeared. 2 hours later, I asked a nurse on the other side of the ER (not "our" nurse) about the room. She telephoned and got that started. DD was finally given morphine and was out of pain. Neither of us were sleepy, so we just talked.

She finally got into her room awhile after 4AM. I stayed getting her settled until 4:45 then went home to flop around in bed. Slept from about 6:30 AM until 8:30 AM when DD called. Nobody ever hung the fluids ordered. They were finally doing it then. They wouldn't respond to her request for pain medication. This was such a bad experience after we'd had a couple of GREAT experiences at this same little hospital.

Once the day shift came - WOW. Everything started popping and she was treated beautifully. You just hate to start having bad experience after bad experience because it literally "piles up."

Anyhoozle, she was able to pump breast milk while waiting to have to have her gallbladder removed. We left the hospital at 6:45 pm. They never addressed her kidney stone(s) and never told us (regardless of our repeated requests) which kidney(s) or how many or where they were - if they were traveling or sitting in the kidney(s). Frustrating but the immediate problem is out.

She's home and pretty sore today, but out of that pain. She says it really hurts to sit down or get up or lie down and get up. I'm sure it does. She's young - hopefully she'll recover quickly.

So as a horrible reward, DH and I ate dinner at Freeway Cafe. I had chicken friend steak (removed MOST but not all of the coating ), onion rings (more like onion strings) and mashed potatoes and gravy. That's right. I did.

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!

Now to try to make up time for work...Ugh.
Work desire = low. Must pump myself up.

Hugs to you all.

Carolyn thrilled you get to watch dress trying on!!!! I think that is so fun.
I do not have good powers of discrimination. I pretty much like almost all of them.