Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, Feb. 17

Just getting here to post, time flew by today for sure.

Julie, Josh and Buffie have 4 little doggies they are bringing here, I have to order couch and chair covers! It will take getting used to, I'm not used to little yippers like that at all...... And yes, Silas as 3 dogs at home, but those dogs will never come over here.

I need to get to bed, Josh has to get up early to be driven to the airport because his flight leaves around 11 or something like that, and there is commuter traffic on the highways going to the airport. I'm staying home, will have Silas over here Friday night anyway.

Have a good night, and see you all tomorrow.

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Exciting time Doris, exciting time. I wonder how Silas will handle your son and his wife at your home. I guess your laying the groundwork for that. It will be nice for him to have people around.

Chilly day here, plus we have wildfires around. We had strong wind the other day with low humidity which got the fires going. We need rain.

I have been having lower back problems the last few days. Sleeping with heating pad plus pillow under knees, feels like a rubber band stretched to the limit. Arm still hurts too, not happy, don't like pain, ha.

Hey ladies..................As far as I know I will see the interesting person at the hospital tomorrow, so hoping to hear how things are progressing.

Lunchtime here, I'm fixing myself an old fashioned peanut butter/jelly sandwich on Italian bread, guess I need comfort food today.

Have a good day all.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120.6/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
4 Doggies
Good thing Silas is used to dogs from having his own. Wow Doris that is quite a lot for you to handle. It would be for me.

Ginny you might want to give a 4% lidocaine pain patch a try. IT sure works for me. You can get them at Walgreens or CVS even Walmart sells them. If you have frequent back aches give them a try. You don't need a prescription for them. I sure hope you get us an update on the hospital "news."

Nice weather here so I might get out and move the leaves around for a while. Putting off cleaning house until tomorrow.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
There were two dogs here at my house for just two days and I was not a happy hostess. So, Doris, kudos to you. Will you have room for Silas staying over while your ds and his wife are living with you?
Ginny, you'd better get all the dirt tomorrow! We want answers!!
Loretta, you can come here and move my leaves around, please. If not, I'll have to get the guy I've used most recently. Oh, to be young again!
Hi to Michelle and Babette. Anyone I forgot? Oh, Gladys, I'm glad that everything is under control at your house.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Ginny, sorry about the wild fires striking Florida, wouldn't yah know, Calif. was drowning but Florida is bone dry in many spots. I imagine seeing the lady with the boyfriend, you will play it "cool" so she tells all, lol. I'm sorry you have so much back pain, could it be residual from the car accident, like whip lash can be to some people? I'd try what Loretta said, a lot of people swear by those. Silas met Josh and Buffie when they were here before Guenter died, he loved playing with Buffie, and she understands him, because she is dyslexic, too. So he looks forward to them. The dogs are not used to little kids though, so we will have to watch them. One is very old and won't last too long, and the newest one is partially blind, Buffie adopts from animal shelters.

Julie, Silas will still sleep in the other room where I am, same as usual, so that won't change while son is here. I think the dogs will be a bigger change than the extra people, but I keep telling myself it's "temporary"......and they will help me out. Son already was going around outside and fixing things, the gutters had an issue, and the fence needs some nailing, etc. He will do some yard up keep, but not the mowing. Josh is still having some reaction to after the chemo, so gets tired easily, so I'm still having the mowing done.

Loretta, moving the leaves around is good exercise!! Mine are already falling into pieces and dissolving on the ground. Do you have shrubs to cut the dead stuff off of? I want to do that, but if I don't, I'll have son do it. I don't like to have to wrap everything you cut off and put into a neat package before it goes into the garbage.

I was going to have Silas here overnight, but the school called and dil had to pick him up, he had a fever, so not overnight for sure, maybe Sunday night since school is closed on Monday. So I have time to get stuff done here.

Waving hello to Babette and Michele, do you have to work on Monday, Michele???

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/128.6/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation, LC, Lower wheat, Lower Refined sugars
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Busy day for sure Doris. Glad Josh arrived safely.

It was a milder day up here today with lots of sunshine and blue in the sky. Yay!
I made it to the Yoga class this morning...2 hours. Whew! I was glad for the 10 minutes relaxation at the end.
I walked the dogs with DD for another hour in the woods which was nice to get some fresh air. I do believe I will sleep well tonight. Let's hope so!

Oh darn it Ginny on that sore back and arm. Sending your healing thoughts. Enjoy your PB & jelly sandwich.
Great advice from Loretta Re those patches.

Waving to Julie, Babette, Michele, Gladys and All.