Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 AM   #391
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Keep pulsing m_breezy! If anything can help your through grief Callan can. I know, she helped me through it too.

Sending you a big hug... Sorry for your loss. XO
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 04:14 AM   #392
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
You can do Callanetics almost everyday.... if your body lets you know it's okay, although it is suggested you take at least one or two days off a week. So if your legs need a vacation, then they need a vacation. I think the only specific suggestion is the minimum of 2 days a week for maintenance, although in my experience, 3 is best for that.

The cycling will help shrink those fat cells, yes, and it will help keep your cardio-vascular system in check. Keep in mind, the cycling will work the larger muscles in your legs, which for some, depending on your body type, will not result in ultra skinny thighs. But, personally, I'd go for functionality before trying to meet the media's cookie cutter expectations of my body's appearance.
Thank you for your ideas. Now I do Callanatics in this way: Every second day Callanetics 10/10 and every day 40 minutes home cycling. Every time I cycle, I do the leg streches on furniture for long leg muscles after cycling. At Callanetics-Days I cycle before I train Callans program. So the strech-exercises are after cycling. For me itīs a full programm to do nearly two hours sport a day, but I like to do this personal challenge for a time and look how my body reacts, results and comes in shape. Hopeful
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #393
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: achangeisoverdue
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks. Finally got the 10/10 DVD and I've done it twice now and I am pretty stunned by the results.

I did my first session on 2/5 and took my measurements afterwards. And did my 2nd session yesterday and just measured. Measurements in () are after 2nd session.

W= 30.25(29.75)
Inch below Belly button 35.5(35)
Belly Above Hips = 37"(36.5)
Hips = 40.5(39.5)
Left Thigh = 23.5(22.5)
Above Left Knee = 15(14.75)
Left calf = 13.5(13)
Right Thigh = 23(22.5)
Above Right Knee =15(14.75)
Right Calf = 15(13.5)
Under Chest = 34(32.5")
Above Chest=35(34.5)

I've already lost a lot of inches. I'm kind of wondering if I could have measured wrong the first time but I don't think I could have measured every part wrong. Is this normal? It seems really crazy for just two workouts but anyway I'm psyched and really motivated now!! Planning on doing it at least 5x a week. It's normally hard for me to trim my thighs and they are already looking much better.

Also, wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Callanetics Countdown DVD?
achangeisoverdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #394
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

achangeisoverdo!

Ha ha! Yes! It is normal! It sounds like you've caught the bug. Good for you! Keep pulsing away and who knows what you can achieve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
Thank you for your ideas. Now I do Callanatics in this way: Every second day Callanetics 10/10 and every day 40 minutes home cycling. Every time I cycle, I do the leg streches on furniture for long leg muscles after cycling. At Callanetics-Days I cycle before I train Callans program. So the strech-exercises are after cycling. For me itīs a full programm to do nearly two hours sport a day, but I like to do this personal challenge for a time and look how my body reacts, results and comes in shape. Hopeful
Good for you SHaronRose! Finding your balance in moving your body within your everyday life is key to longevity. You can do it!
Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #395
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
achangeisoverdo!

Ha ha! Yes! It is normal! It sounds like you've caught the bug. Good for you! Keep pulsing away and who knows what you can achieve!

Good for you SHaronRose! Finding your balance in moving your body within your everyday life is key to longevity. You can do it!
Thank you!! I'm still in disbelief haha. I've killed myself in the gym in the past for several months only to see less results than these 2 workouts. How long have you been doing Callanetics Jigglebuster?

I wound up taking yesterday off due to extreme soreness but about to do my Callanetics now. I'd like to be doing it 5x a week but it does get me really sore right now so may have to work up to that. I'm gonna aim for every other day for the rest of the week.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #396
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Genotype 3 A Positive
Start Date: Callanetics November 2016
Thanks JB for the rolled up towel tip. I used it yesterday and no pain!! It's a miracle. Loving all the help you provide! I'm traveling this week and having a hard time keeping up. Yesterday i did the AM routine with all intentions of doing the PM as well....that never happened. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to do a full session.

Last edited by Colaborer; 02-09-2017 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Typos
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #397
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Achangeisoverdue: I have the new countdown video and do enjoy doing it. It has 3 separate workouts which is nice because you can choose to do whichever one you have time for. It is designed to do the beginners version then move on to the next two as you are ready. Since I have been doing callenatics already I just do whichever one I have time for. I do recommend doing one of Callan's videos first though because she explains the positions better in my opinion. Hope that helps
Old 02-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #398
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achangeisoverdue View Post
Thank you!! I'm still in disbelief haha. I've killed myself in the gym in the past for several months only to see less results than these 2 workouts. How long have you been doing Callanetics Jigglebuster?

I wound up taking yesterday off due to extreme soreness but about to do my Callanetics now. I'd like to be doing it 5x a week but it does get me really sore right now so may have to work up to that. I'm gonna aim for every other day for the rest of the week.
I did it in 1992-94ish (about a year and a half to 2 years), and then started up again in August of 2009. I've taken a few breaks since then, due to health issues, but always get back to it when I can again. There are others who lurk here who have been doing it a lot longer than me.

If you're that sore, I suspect you're pushing yourself. You don't have to do it all right away. If you find yourself trying to convince yourself to keep going, it's too much; if you are pushing through the burn, it's too much; if you're taking many breaks, it's too much. Do what YOU can to a point where you feel a bit of burn for two or three pulses, then go onto the next exercise. You'll get to the 50 or 100... when your body is ready to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaborer View Post
Thanks JB for the rolled up towel tip. I used it yesterday and no pain!! It's a miracle. Loving all the help you provide! I'm traveling this week and having a hard time keeping up. Yesterday i did the AM routine with all intentions of doing the PM as well....that never happened. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to do a full session.
Oh good! I'm glad it helped! One day you won't need it, but for now pain free is good!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #399
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Achangeisoverdue: I have the new countdown video and do enjoy doing it. It has 3 separate workouts which is nice because you can choose to do whichever one you have time for. It is designed to do the beginners version then move on to the next two as you are ready. Since I have been doing callenatics already I just do whichever one I have time for. I do recommend doing one of Callan's videos first though because she explains the positions better in my opinion. Hope that helps
That's cool! Thanks for responding. I like that it's 3 workouts. I'm enjoying 10/10 but would like to have some variety so I think I'll pick it up in a few weeks once I'm totally used to 10/10.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #400
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did it in 1992-94ish (about a year and a half to 2 years), and then started up again in August of 2009. I've taken a few breaks since then, due to health issues, but always get back to it when I can again. There are others who lurk here who have been doing it a lot longer than me.

If you're that sore, I suspect you're pushing yourself. You don't have to do it all right away. If you find yourself trying to convince yourself to keep going, it's too much; if you are pushing through the burn, it's too much; if you're taking many breaks, it's too much. Do what YOU can to a point where you feel a bit of burn for two or three pulses, then go onto the next exercise. You'll get to the 50 or 100... when your body is ready to.

Oh good! I'm glad it helped! One day you won't need it, but for now pain free is good!
That's cool! I may be pushing myself a bit. But I feel like it's getting easier to do all the stomach pulses. I have the hardest time with those and the pelvic rotations.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #401
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

My 3rd session went well! Skipped yesterday but about to do my 4th session now.

I think I am starting to puff out a bit in the tummy but I read through the forum and I guess that is normal?

I'm a little concerned about the hip and behind exercises. Callan says the exercise is what makes the hips look like they disappear. Is that accurate? I know butts weren't all the rage in the 80s haha but I like mine and want to keep it. I want to tone and firm up but don't want it to disappear. Not sure if I should be doing squats or other exercises so that it doesn't disappear.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Old 02-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #402
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

4th session down. Whew, it was harder for me than the 2nd and 3rd. I was able to do less, which is weird but happy I made it through the whole thing!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #403
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My 3rd session went well! Skipped yesterday but about to do my 4th session now.

I think I am starting to puff out a bit in the tummy but I read through the forum and I guess that is normal?

I'm a little concerned about the hip and behind exercises. Callan says the exercise is what makes the hips look like they disappear. Is that accurate? I know butts weren't all the rage in the 80s haha but I like mine and want to keep it. I want to tone and firm up but don't want it to disappear. Not sure if I should be doing squats or other exercises so that it doesn't disappear.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
I am probably at around 30 sessions (not sure, I quit counting. My stomach is not flat yet but I must say it is getting smaller. It goes up and down day by day. I can mostly tell by the way my jeans fit. I wouldn't worry about a little puffiness. Just hang in there and know that in the long run it will only get smaller. Regarding the butt, mine has not gotten smaller but it is getting rounder to which I say hallelujah! I used to do squats, dead lifts, etc. which only aggregated my back and hips. These behind exercises really shape the butt without causing pain. At least for me
Just keep doing it and listen to Jigglebuster's comments on relaxing and not pushing it. These exercises are way different than most. They work deeply!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #404
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am probably at around 30 sessions (not sure, I quit counting. My stomach is not flat yet but I must say it is getting smaller. It goes up and down day by day. I can mostly tell by the way my jeans fit. I wouldn't worry about a little puffiness. Just hang in there and know that in the long run it will only get smaller. Regarding the butt, mine has not gotten smaller but it is getting rounder to which I say hallelujah! I used to do squats, dead lifts, etc. which only aggregated my back and hips. These behind exercises really shape the butt without causing pain. At least for me
Just keep doing it and listen to Jigglebuster's comments on relaxing and not pushing it. These exercises are way different than most. They work deeply!
That's awesome, congrats on your progress And thanks so much for your tips. I will keep on. Probably going to do my 5th hour this evening or if not, I will tomorrow. I've been doing every other day right now. How often do you do Callanetics?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #405
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's awesome, congrats on your progress And thanks so much for your tips. I will keep on. Probably going to do my 5th hour this evening or if not, I will tomorrow. I've been doing every other day right now. How often do you do Callanetics?
I try to do it every day, but it works to about 5 or 6 days per week. There is always something that gets in the way at least one day per week. It is really not that hard to fit in a workout. I have almost all of the DVD's so I can do at least one of the videos. The quick Callanetics have 3 20 minute segments, one for the legs, one for the stomach and one for the hips and behind. Also there is the AM PM that breaks up the workout in two separate times. I really don't have any excuse to not workout. It is wonderful to not have to get ready or drive to the gym. The only thing is that you are on your own to keep motivated. This thread is very helpful to me. I love checking in in with others to see their progress. Jigglebuster is awesome! She has a wealth of knowledge about Callanetics!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #406
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Just received the Evo DVD. My hips were cramping during the waist exercise with the legs in a wide stance. Hips never cramped with the 10/10 positioning. Is that common? Also doing the standing hips and behind exercises seemed to work the standing leg hip more than the working leg. I had a hard time holding the position. Is that also common? Not sure I was doing the first stomach exercise correctly. The one where you raise and lower the arms. I didn't really feel it much in the abs. Any tips for that one? Also, on the counter pulls how do you counter your toes from the heels. That was confusing. And also the heel from the hips. I always do the exercise with my knees slightly bent because of low back pain. I don't really feel a counter pull there.
I have to mention a difference in my body that I noticed this morning. Very exciting! When I used to tighten my behind the muscles between my sits bones never really tightened. This morning I could feel them! They actually work now! Yay Callanetics!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 PM   #407
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I try to do it every day, but it works to about 5 or 6 days per week. There is always something that gets in the way at least one day per week. It is really not that hard to fit in a workout. I have almost all of the DVD's so I can do at least one of the videos. The quick Callanetics have 3 20 minute segments, one for the legs, one for the stomach and one for the hips and behind. Also there is the AM PM that breaks up the workout in two separate times. I really don't have any excuse to not workout. It is wonderful to not have to get ready or drive to the gym. The only thing is that you are on your own to keep motivated. This thread is very helpful to me. I love checking in in with others to see their progress. Jigglebuster is awesome! She has a wealth of knowledge about Callanetics!
That's great! My goal is to get to that point soon instead of the every other day. How long ago did you start and what kind of results have you seen? I did notice my booty is getting rounder today so I'm happy about that.

I found AM/PM at the library and checked it out. I've been feeling really tired and wasn't going to workout today. I took a bath and then decided to do just the PM portion before bed. What a strange set it was filmed on! It didn't really look real to me. Anyway, I was surprised the exercises have a lot less reps and that there was a leg exercise not on 10/10 but I enjoyed it. Didn't do the AM part but better than not working out at all. As an added benefit, I think the hot bath loosened up my muscles so I was popping a lot.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:31 AM   #408
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
[QUOTE=Colaborer;17585152]Just received the Evo DVD. ...Also doing the standing hips and behind exercises seemed to work the standing leg hip more than the working leg. I had a hard time holding the position. Is that also common?

I have this as well in standing hip exercises and am curious to see if JB chimes in.

[Not sure I was doing the first stomach exercise correctly. The one where you raise and lower the arms. I didn't really feel it much in the abs. Any tips for that one?]

I love this one! I remember doing it once in Evo (the one time I did Evo - so I don't remember much about how she describes it) but am more familiar with it from Super Callanetics. The emphasis is on the tipping/curling of the pelvis. I think of it as finding and deepening that tip ("tip more than you think you can!" is what Callan says) and then the arm motion basically requires you to keep stabilizing that tip since the movement of the arms shifts your balance. I've only been doing Callanetics for 6 months or so and someone with more experience will likely come on and give more (or better )guidance.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #409
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

Just finished my 6th session of 10/10. I measured this morning and I'm down another(.75") in my waist and lost another .5" on each thigh! My other measurements were the same as last week but have maintained their loss.

I've gone from a 30.75" waist to 29" waist in less than two weeks and from 23.5" thighs to 22" thighs. I'm still super amazed at Callanetics. Maybe my dream goal of 26" waist could be reality but I'll still be thrilled with 27-28".

I tried to get my friend into Callanetics, she's spending two hours a day at the gym and not seeing results she wants. She doesn't seem that interested but I figure she will in another few weeks when she sees how much progress I've made in a short time.

I have a lot of neck pain and this workout is really helping that as well. It still hurts but it hurts a lot less than usual.

I'm going to treat myself to a new workout, when I finish my 10th session. Trying to decide between Callanetics Countdown or Callanetics Evolution. Or another one, if you recommend me a different one.

Curious to see what you Callanetics veterans recommend for a good 2nd Callanetics workout?

I checked out AM/PM at the library and while it's nice I don't think there's enough difference between it and 10/10 to warrant purchasing it since I'm on a tight budget. AM/PM is the only Callanetics DVD my library has. 10/10 is still pushing me so I think Super is probably too much for me now. I can afford to buy one new workout a month so I could pick that one up later on.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #410
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

[quote=Lina;17585474]
Quote:
Just received the Evo DVD. ...Also doing the standing hips and behind exercises seemed to work the standing leg hip more than the working leg. I had a hard time holding the position. Is that also common?

I have this as well in standing hip exercises and am curious to see if JB chimes in.

[Not sure I was doing the first stomach exercise correctly. The one where you raise and lower the arms. I didn't really feel it much in the abs. Any tips for that one?]

I love this one! I remember doing it once in Evo (the one time I did Evo - so I don't remember much about how she describes it) but am more familiar with it from Super Callanetics. The emphasis is on the tipping/curling of the pelvis. I think of it as finding and deepening that tip ("tip more than you think you can!" is what Callan says) and then the arm motion basically requires you to keep stabilizing that tip since the movement of the arms shifts your balance. I've only been doing Callanetics for 6 months or so and someone with more experience will likely come on and give more (or better )guidance.
Thanks for the tip Lina! I have only done Super once and I seem to remember that. I will try Super today to see if Callan's explanations help. I have had a sway back for years and tipping/curling up the pelvis is very difficult for me. My low back is finally loosening up so that the tipping can happen. (think tight lowback and tight hip flexors) I only did the Super once because I am not ready for most of the challenges but I think I will just do what I can. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #411
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's great! My goal is to get to that point soon instead of the every other day. How long ago did you start and what kind of results have you seen? I did notice my booty is getting rounder today so I'm happy about that.

I found AM/PM at the library and checked it out. I've been feeling really tired and wasn't going to workout today. I took a bath and then decided to do just the PM portion before bed. What a strange set it was filmed on! It didn't really look real to me. Anyway, I was surprised the exercises have a lot less reps and that there was a leg exercise not on 10/10 but I enjoyed it. Didn't do the AM part but better than not working out at all. As an added benefit, I think the hot bath loosened up my muscles so I was popping a lot.
Probably every other day is better than every day. I am still a newbie as well. Started in November around Thanksgivng. I was just used to working out every day and it didn't feel right for me to skip days. I started keeping a log and it looks like I only do 4-5 days per week even though I try to do it every day.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:33 AM   #412
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

@all: Do/Did you also eat diet for good results? If you do, which one?
Old 02-16-2017, 05:11 AM   #413
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
[quote=Colaborer;17585970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina View Post

Thanks for the tip Lina! I have only done Super once and I seem to remember that. I will try Super today to see if Callan's explanations help. I have had a sway back for years and tipping/curling up the pelvis is very difficult for me. My low back is finally loosening up so that the tipping can happen. (think tight lowback and tight hip flexors) I only did the Super once because I am not ready for most of the challenges but I think I will just do what I can. Thanks!
Just to be clear: I wasn't necessarily suggesting you take on Super Callanetics (I love it but probably started it earlier than I should have, and in any case I'm just not experienced enough to make that recommendation to someone else!) but just that Callan's instructions for that particular stomach exercise are really helpful.

Good luck with the tipping! I got Secrets of Callanetics and only watched it once (and not even all the way through) but it was ALL about the curling of the pelvis, and I started to realize that it's pretty much at the heart of every move.

Last edited by Lina; 02-16-2017 at 05:12 AM..
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #414
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone! It sounds like you're doing well!!!!

I felt that strain on my hip with the standing hip and behind exercises. Getting that pelvis tipped definitely helps but I found really extending the leg beneath you takes a lot of the pressure off the outer hip.

I think of the counter pulls like meridians, or very straight nerves running through my body parts. Until your leg is straight too, the line will run behind your knee and the counter pull will be more "as the crow flies" rather than along the inner road route of your bent leg.

The flappy arm ab exercise requires you to be in just that right position where you can just slightly feel your abs engage (no strain). If you get there, you will feel it after you've moved your arms a few times, but you really have to concentrate to find that sweet spot before moving your arms. Try bringing you arms up slightly higher in the wave too, that always gets me.

Food... I am not on a "diet". I eat whole food organic foods with the occasional brownie binge (I don't keep them in the house - I know better), while trying to stay away from packaged foods and flours (I grind my own or eat whole grains). Other than that, I eat a lot of fermented foods and have really brought my mineral intake up with the help of seeds, generally using honey and maple syrup as my sweeteners, if any. I don't think of this as a diet - I eat whatever I want when I eat out, or when someone makes me dinner. I just like how my body feels when I eat this way.

Take your time in mixing up the DVD's. You might "know" the moves, but there are a lot of subtle things you'll gradually hear if you take the time. It took me about 150 hours to hear almost everything from 10/10, and just a few months ago I heard something I hadn't heard before. Don't underestimate the amount of information in these videos.

Happy Pulsing everyone!
Old 02-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #415
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Hi Jigglebuster,

I try to take more protein for muscles and also for burning fat. So I take a protein drink after doing the exercises. And the other main thing is to eat clean, same you wrote. It should be fun. I remember there were some points about eating in a book from Callan.

About 10/10 I also have the experience to hear "new" things after a long time and the exercises become a new quality by doing so. Sometimes it is only a change in the position and the exercise is deeper an stronger (feeling).

Happy pulsing, too
Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #416
achangeisoverdue
Senior LCF Member

That's cool Jigglebuster and SharonRose. I usually eat pretty clean but I've honestly been eating poorly this winter. Hoping to get my eating back on track. Almost time to plant our spring garden so that will help.

My boyfriend surprised me with Callanetics Countdown! So, I'm going to try it later today for my 9th session.

Do you ladies think the pelvis tilt is important because it helps engage the pelvic floor or do you think it's more just to protect the back? I'm not sure if I should be engaging the pelvic floor or not but have been wondering if that's what Callan is getting at when she says to squeeze the buttocks and tilt pelvis up.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #417
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you ladies think the pelvis tilt is important because it helps engage the pelvic floor or do you think it's more just to protect the back? I'm not sure if I should be engaging the pelvic floor or not but have been wondering if that's what Callan is getting at when she says to squeeze the buttocks and tilt pelvis up.
Hi achangeisoberdue!
What a cool name

I smiled by reading your question, because I thought about the pelvis tilt half an hour before reading your posting. And in my opinion, the pelvis tilt seems to be important. First I notice, it is a good back streching that brings the body in a long and lean position and helps to strech more the arms and legs.There comes to mind, pelvis tilt brings the belly inside and so belly muscles can work more, also the side belly muscles. Streched and relaxed body makes muscles can work deeper (Callan says it at 10/10 better with her words). Apologize, I`m not a native English speaker.

When I started Callanetics, the pelvis tilt felt very uncomfortable for me, especially at the arm exercises in the warm up. But it becomes better and better. Think, it was Jigglebuster who wrote in post, that the side strech in the warm up exercises opens the lymphatic system. Maybe there ist more that works for a long and lean body. So I could suggest, that the pelvic tilt has a similar function in the body system, that works deeper. To activate the pelvic tilt seems also to activate other muscles and put the body up like an umbrella. Maybe like this. In a short form, maybe it isnīt so important to understand it all, but I guess, it is important for the results and I learn(ed) to like the pelvis tilt.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:30 AM   #418
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRose View Post
Hi Jigglebuster,

I try to take more protein for muscles and also for burning fat. So I take a protein drink after doing the exercises. And the other main thing is to eat clean, same you wrote. It should be fun. I remember there were some points about eating in a book from Callan.

About 10/10 I also have the experience to hear "new" things after a long time and the exercises become a new quality by doing so. Sometimes it is only a change in the position and the exercise is deeper an stronger (feeling).

Happy pulsing, too
Around the time when I was first doing Callanetics, I was also very heavily into body building, and I loved my protein shakes for after my workouts. Unfortunately, whey suddenly became the protein of choice and my beloved Belgian chocolate shake changed along with it, and I was allergic to it.I think they changed the way they made all protein shakes, even if they didn't have whey, and I have not been able to drink one since.
Quote:
That's cool Jigglebuster and SharonRose. I usually eat pretty clean but I've honestly been eating poorly this winter. Hoping to get my eating back on track. Almost time to plant our spring garden so that will help.

My boyfriend surprised me with Callanetics Countdown! So, I'm going to try it later today for my 9th session.

I think SharonRose explained the pelvic tilt very well. Try closing your eyes and feeling the difference between your normal position and what happens to your body when you engage the pelvic floor. And yes, that is what Callan means when she says to squeeze the buttocks. I think she eventually just found different words that better expressed what she was trying to say.

Let us know how you like the CC!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #419
Colaborer
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jigglebuster!
Thanks for the tips!
You said, " felt that strain on my hip with the standing hip and behind exercises. Getting that pelvis tipped definitely helps but I found really extending the leg beneath you takes a lot of the pressure off the outer hip."
Do you mean extending the standing leg? I noticed myself locking my knee which I remember Callan always saying "don't lock your knees". So I was trying to keep it bent a little. Really awkward position for me. I did Evo again today and it was a little less cramping but still there. Do you know why they switched from the heels together position to wide plié?
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #420
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Hi,

I meant extend from you hip bone down so it's beneath you and supporting you, rather than pushing out to the side.

You'll have to be more specific. I haven't followed Evo in years. If it's what I think it is, heels down is more of a beginner position. But if you have hip issues with a wider stance, it could aggravate you hip. Listen to your body on this.