Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #661
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!
 
PACarolsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 1,644
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hi GB. So glad to hear from you. I'm sorry things have not been going well, but it sounds hopeful now! I think it's good that medical marijuana is being approved and helping people who need it. I think it's amazing how it works for people with different illnesses. I have never been involved with it much. In my 20s I ran around with a crowd that had a lot of users and I tried it once. I was afraid though, because I was afraid of being arrested. Penalties were high. My drinking was bad enough back then. PA is now talking about approving it medically. They are one of the last hold-outs. I hope it helps you. In your case, your weight is of no consequence, except that you should be eating a proper diet for cancer. But I am not one to preach. You do what makes you happy and helps you to manage day to day.

Kris, I'm not doing great with food right now. Just OK. Not dropping any weight, but still hovering a few lbs above 200. I don't know why. I do feel better when I'm eating light, but the food tastes good. I don't know what the answer is.

Looking forward to hearing more from both of you!! And Marsha, too!
__________________
Carol
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #662
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Hi GB. So glad to hear from you. I'm sorry things have not been going well, but it sounds hopeful now! I think it's good that medical marijuana is being approved and helping people who need it. I think it's amazing how it works for people with different illnesses. I have never been involved with it much. In my 20s I ran around with a crowd that had a lot of users and I tried it once. I was afraid though, because I was afraid of being arrested. Penalties were high. My drinking was bad enough back then. PA is now talking about approving it medically. They are one of the last hold-outs. I hope it helps you. In your case, your weight is of no consequence, except that you should be eating a proper diet for cancer. But I am not one to preach. You do what makes you happy and helps you to manage day to day.

Kris, I'm not doing great with food right now. Just OK. Not dropping any weight, but still hovering a few lbs above 200. I don't know why. I do feel better when I'm eating light, but the food tastes good. I don't know what the answer is.

Looking forward to hearing more from both of you!! And Marsha, too!
Hi PAC and Kris Hi Marsha too and all our friendly lurkers.

Well it sounds like losing weight is still hard. And that beer for those of us who like it, what a problem it is for weight loss. Unless you're happy with super small amounts.

I've said it before, but that's like trying to enjoy 3 or 4 great potato chips.

Well obviously I couldn't win anymore trying to be careful with beer. Eventually the tail starts to wag the dog everytime.

So yeah, I took too much of my two oils yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure where I stand with this stuff, other than I need it for the cancer. One of it's benefits is to cause cancer to go into apoptosis. That is normal cell death.

Healthy cells die and replace themselves regularly. Cancer cells don't shut down, they just multiply and take over healthy tissue. So to get them to die is a big part of the trick.

I took two drops of Sativa oil with my coffee. But I won't know what it's gonna do for another hour or two. It's not like smoking pot, where you find yourself high within minutes.

If nothing else I can see it being a great placebo. Just the idea that you can alter your reality so that the temptation that comes with beer, to do the same thing, is greatly diminished. In other words, for those of us who have developed a life where we look forward to the change that comes from having a beer or a cig or something, a big sugar drink from Starbucks, whatever that bad thing is, we look forward to altering our reality.

So I am hoping these health benefiting oils can take the place of the beer. The problem with last night is that it wasn't fun. I took too much and I felt kind of paranoid, more than happy.

I did sleep good, like they claim you do on Indica. I'd get up to use the bathroom and I felt like rubber, you know, all relaxed....so that when you hit the bed again you just melt into the sheets and you're gone quick.

Anyway, it's only day two. The next few days have been historically strange. Like day 3 or 4 I might feel lousy, due to detox I guess

But I really need to learn to live without beer. I dropped two pounds in the past 24 hours and as long as I can avoid the beer and stay away from stupid food....the weight has traditionally melted off quickly.

But I'm half a year away from the results I hope to see. I'd like to drop 60 pounds. But still, Summer is almost here and if I'm eating and drinking right, it won't matter that I'm skinny again......I will feel great all Summer.

I will report again today to journal this transition from beer to THC. Hopefully I can make it work. I think I will need to look for some medical MJ that I can include at times that will give me a fun buzz. This current stuff appears to be nothing like I remember when we used to buy some "good stuff" and have a lot of fun laughing with the munchies.

If I get the munchies I will have to find a way to be satisfied with healthy alternatives huh?
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #663
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
I just had a potato chip. Just one. I have a form of the munchies right now. The one chip tasted pretty amazing. But I will leave it at one.

I feel a little better today. Curious about tonight, in terms of being my second night beer free, but THC infused.....how will I sleep? Talk tomorrow LCF's.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #664
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,057
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
OMG GB I am so interested in your posts! Am I living vicariously thru you????? Well i am still praying your new adventure is a help to you. interested in your outcomes. So much has happened to us all since we first ment years ago. So many changes, some good, some very bad. I am praying for you. I'm drifting now. i will figure things out. Many worse things out there than my problems. I so hope you are telling better.
__________________
1 Jan 2016 - 150
4 Apr 2017 - 147/restart/goal 130
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
18 May 2017 - 144.5
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:01 AM   #665
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
OMG GB I am so interested in your posts! Am I living vicariously thru you????? Well i am still praying your new adventure is a help to you. interested in your outcomes. So much has happened to us all since we first ment years ago. So many changes, some good, some very bad. I am praying for you. I'm drifting now. i will figure things out. Many worse things out there than my problems. I so hope you are telling better.
Thanks Kris

Hi PAC too. Still drifting huh? I hear ya Kris. I am hoping this switch from beer to THC will hold water.

It was really amazing to watch myself self-destruct the last few months. Maybe I was using the beer to live in denial, to make the disaster of cancer seem smaller one day at a time.

I started this very expensive non THC CBD oil protocol a few weeks ago. And part of the protocol is no alcohol (of course). There's nothing out there that cures cancer by its self. It is always a synergistic effort.

So I was probably wasting our money on the CBD while sabotaging it with alcohol. So I needed a whole new shift. A new paradigm.

Maybe that's what you need too Kris?? A paradigm shift. What would that be for you?

Anyway, I really hope I get to see some change for the better with this tumor now. Now that I am being a good boy again. Dropped another pound, but we all know it isn't all fat at the start. Still, always a good psycho booster to see the scale move down.

So right now I am having coffee with 10 milligrams of CBD-AC-DC. It is mostly CBD oil with a little THC. Later I will take more THC. I found a decent place with it yesterday. I was able to function fine.

I noticed I was a lot more mellow at the job site. My main guy and I always mess with each other every day. It almost gets out of hand. We wrestle each other, insult each other, hug each other, praise each other....just like a couple of dogs getting into it on the front lawn.

But yesterday I wasn't up for any of that. I was actually very nice and straight forward. The beer tends to make my cocky and rambunctious. The THC mellows me, makes me more serious. Which I don't really like, but I think it pleases the Lord a lot more.

I am being more sympathetic around the house too. I noticed I had the munchies last night. Not that I was really hungry, like beer can make you (Kris) , but more of a focus on my dinner or supper.

The food tastes better. I had some grilled tuna with sour cream on top (on a salad) and I was really "into" it. With a beer high you tend to eat your food like a dog. With a THC high you chew more. You are really focused on your food and kind of serious about the whole experience.

Maybe you can get a prescription for cannabis out there Kris ? I think a doctor can write one up for a lot of reasons. Or some other healthy alternative to the beer. Because if nothing takes the place of the beer, the beer just sticks around huh?

Anyway, I'm no one to be talking here on day 3 of no beer or bad food. I have been a picture of stupidity and denial, etc etc. But I have always wanted to see you find something that really works well for you. Something that breaks the cycle that keeps you from really getting somewhere significant.

I mean it's significant alone that you have kept yourself from becoming so huge that life gets difficult on levels of thinking about the airplane seat and how small it is. I'm not making any fun of anyone here, but it does take a lot of effort to avoid getting really big.

Even as I blowing up to my biggest size ever, I had to say no to all deserts and pizza and that sort of thing. It's not like we lack all self control.

Oh well, it's Saturday. It's hot and gorgeous here today. Traditionally today would be calling for lots of beer. But I will use my oils instead and try to figure my life out one day at a time.

Hope you have a great weekend LC friends.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #666
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Well, it's been a good hot Saturday here in Calif. No beer. But I'm getting the THC figured out.

I bought some Panax Gensing today. Took a few with the THC to see what would happen. I feel pretty good. It's fun to think that at dinner time I'm going to be in a smaller than normal world. The dinner will seem like a really big deal, instead of just a part of the routine of life.

Another reason why we drink beer. It makes the ordinary stuff of life feel more special.

So i'm really happy that day three is in the bag and it wasn't hard because of my alternative medicine.

Oh, and I found myself enjoying the radio in my truck today again. Music sounds better on THC.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #667
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,057
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
GB I just arrived in Wis at our home for a week - fishing cabin on the lake. I'm not much of a fisher-person, this is my 2nd time fishing ever but here we are giving it a try again. Stopped at Lienenkugals beer brewery on the way here Had a few berry beers and bought a couple shirts. Pretty good.

I am so glad to hear you sounding a little more positive. I'm really happy that you are feeling better and praying that it does what it is supposed to do to that tumor. This has got to work for you.

Yes I am still struggling with the food and beer issues. If not for the excessive exercise that I get I'd weigh 300. I suppose the THC would be a better way for me to go, however I've bought some legal stuff at the distributors in Colorado a few times when my friend was making the trip and I still eat and drink in addition to the THC. I guess I have no control. DUH. But maybe I could train myself to have control. I know I have to get back on track but sadly it probably wont be while on this fishing trip....
__________________
1 Jan 2016 - 150
4 Apr 2017 - 147/restart/goal 130
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
18 May 2017 - 144.5
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #668
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
GB I just arrived in Wis at our home for a week - fishing cabin on the lake. I'm not much of a fisher-person, this is my 2nd time fishing ever but here we are giving it a try again. Stopped at Lienenkugals beer brewery on the way here Had a few berry beers and bought a couple shirts. Pretty good.

I am so glad to hear you sounding a little more positive. I'm really happy that you are feeling better and praying that it does what it is supposed to do to that tumor. This has got to work for you.

Yes I am still struggling with the food and beer issues. If not for the excessive exercise that I get I'd weigh 300. I suppose the THC would be a better way for me to go, however I've bought some legal stuff at the distributors in Colorado a few times when my friend was making the trip and I still eat and drink in addition to the THC. I guess I have no control. DUH. But maybe I could train myself to have control. I know I have to get back on track but sadly it probably wont be while on this fishing trip....
Right. enjoy yourself right now.

You know, what u just said about trying some THC, but then found yourself still eating and drinking the same. I assume the same or worse? Lol.

So I was thinking today what a huge mistake it would be for me to try a beer on the hot Saturday we just had. Because what it it worked out beautifully? What if I really enjoyed the beer and found that mixing THC and beer is the BEST!!??

What a disaster that would be. I don't want to find out if mixing is good. The reason I have the THC is to lead me away from the beer, not to it. Plus take advantage of cannabis medicinal benefits.

But there certainly would have been a time not too long ago when I would have mixed it up.

So glad to be close to bed time on Day 3 of no beer.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #669
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!
 
Madmarsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,164
Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/166/145
WOE: NSNG/Fung fast
Start Date: October 2013
Update: Haven't been weighing. Haven't worked out the last two days. Had TWO desserts Friday night (roughly half of a slice of cheesecake and then 2 small scoops of Breyer's gelato) and a baked potato after a dinner party Thursday night where I ate a slice of cake and too many crackers and a slice of bread. On those days, that was all I ate having fasted for about 20 hours. I'm sure the scale is up after that.

Today I didn't really have a plan. Should have gone to the gym but since I wanted to swim and it was storming, I didn't (poor excuse). Ended up having a FABULOUS breakfast. Two yard eggs, bacon, mozzarella-wrapped proscuitto, and half an avocado drizzled with my new Persian-lime infused olive oil.

Later, we find the washer isn't draining. Out of all the manuals I can put my hands right on, THIS is the one I can't (finally found it later). So I take to Facebook and ewe tube. First we bail out the tub (top loading washer with no agitator), watch several videos, try several things. Turns out it's a bent and rusted paper clip preventing the drain pump from running. Run the "tub clean" cycle to test it. YAY, no repairman or DIY pump replacement needed! But, oy, the stress. I was SO hangry! Husband had came home with tuna steaks, wonderful with lemon-infused olive oil and a little mango-infused white balsamic vinegar. Thought my stress would make me eat the rest of the gelato but it didn't. I had one cookie and some Splenda in my coffee so at least much better than the last two days.

So, because of all that and leaving for St. Pete Beach on Saturday, I will work out as many days as I can, try and get some sun time, and plan on a water-only fast for as many days as I can manage. I will start weighing again when I get back and working on a more focused workout routine.
__________________
HUNGER is not an emergency!

Restart: 2/16/2017 184
Low: 4/26/2017 166
Current: 5/3/2017 168
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #670
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!
 
PACarolsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 1,644
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
Marsha, I am so jealous that you have a beach vacation coming up. I would so love to go to the beach one more time in my lifetime. To me, the beach is the happiest place on earth. I love smelling the salt air, walking through the sand, watching the waves come in at night. Heaven on earth.

Good to hear you got the washing machine working! Don't need any repair bills right now.

Friday sounds like a little mini-binge for you! I'm not used to hearing of you eating like that. Good to hear that you're "normal" but you do want to get back on track!

I have never had tuna steaks, or grilled tuna. I like it, but only know it out of a can. LOL I might buy some one of these days to grill, but it will be just for me, as DH wouldn't eat it. Then again, I might get spoiled and never want canned tuna again.

Kris, I think you're doing OK. I know you want to be smaller, but like GB said, it's not like you're huge. You go up a few, then back down. You are maintaining and also enjoying your party life with friends. I remember when I was in the 130s I wasn't completely satisfied. I was always trying to get into the 120s. Boy, I would really be ecstatic to see the 130s now. LOL

GB
, I had reached my all time high of 217 in 2008 when I ended up having heart surgery. I lost 21 lbs then...got to 196, and have been hovering around 200 ever since. I guess I am eating maintenance right now. I can go down a few, but then the next week I go back up. Most people regain their loss and then add more on top of that, but I have never gone back up to my high weight. I could, if I really tried, lose a bunch. I don't know why I don't stick to anything. I am careful what I eat and would have to cut back and stay with it in order to show a significant loss. I'm always going to do it, starting tomorrow. Look at my stats. It says my start date is tomorrow!

I wish I could drink. I was in my 130s when I drank, because I didn't eat much. Because I never had very much food in my stomach the alcohol hit me hard and fast, and I loved living in a little buzz. LOL At my daughters wedding, my DIL kept coming over to me and saying "Bzzzzzz." Ha Ha I was trying so hard to appear sober in front of my guests. I'd have to look at videos to see how well I did. I couldn't stand the thought of food when I was inebriated. I would just throw it up, anyway. Now if I have just a small amount of alcohol, I feel terrible. For me, if has to be either food or booze. I cannot combine the two. Also, a lot of my meds I'm on say not to drink, so I'm afraid not to heed that warning. I think if I went back to drinking, I would lose weight. DH doesn't drink either, except for a beer now and then at a restaurant. I know, you're thinking "Who drinks one beer???" LOL

For Mother's Day my son got me a 6 pack of Truly....alcoholic spiked sparkling water. I can't wait for a hot night to enjoy it. It's a clear liquid, so I can pour it into an Aquafina bottle and people will think I'm just drinking water. I can take it anywhere and not get arrested for open container.

I do hope this new therapy helps you. I saw a link about cancer that someone else posted. I haven't watched it yet so I'm not promoting it, but it might be something you might want to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thetruthaboutcancer
__________________
Carol

Last edited by PACarolsue; 05-21-2017 at 05:54 AM..
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #671
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Marsha, I am so jealous that you have a beach vacation coming up. I would so love to go to the beach one more time in my lifetime. To me, the beach is the happiest place on earth. I love smelling the salt air, walking through the sand, watching the waves come in at night. Heaven on earth.

Good to hear you got the washing machine working! Don't need any repair bills right now.

Friday sounds like a little mini-binge for you! I'm not used to hearing of you eating like that. Good to hear that you're "normal" but you do want to get back on track!

I have never had tuna steaks, or grilled tuna. I like it, but only know it out of a can. LOL I might buy some one of these days to grill, but it will be just for me, as DH wouldn't eat it. Then again, I might get spoiled and never want canned tuna again.

Kris, I think you're doing OK. I know you want to be smaller, but like GB said, it's not like you're huge. You go up a few, then back down. You are maintaining and also enjoying your party life with friends. I remember when I was in the 130s I wasn't completely satisfied. I was always trying to get into the 120s. Boy, I would really be ecstatic to see the 130s now. LOL

GB
, I had reached my all time high of 217 in 2008 when I ended up having heart surgery. I lost 21 lbs then...got to 196, and have been hovering around 200 ever since. I guess I am eating maintenance right now. I can go down a few, but then the next week I go back up. Most people regain their loss and then add more on top of that, but I have never gone back up to my high weight. I could, if I really tried, lose a bunch. I don't know why I don't stick to anything. I am careful what I eat and would have to cut back and stay with it in order to show a significant loss. I'm always going to do it, starting tomorrow. Look at my stats. It says my start date is tomorrow!

I wish I could drink. I was in my 130s when I drank, because I didn't eat much. Because I never had very much food in my stomach the alcohol hit me hard and fast, and I loved living in a little buzz. LOL At my daughters wedding, my DIL kept coming over to me and saying "Bzzzzzz." Ha Ha I was trying so hard to appear sober in front of my guests. I'd have to look at videos to see how well I did. I couldn't stand the thought of food when I was inebriated. I would just throw it up, anyway. Now if I have just a small amount of alcohol, I feel terrible. For me, if has to be either food or booze. I cannot combine the two. Also, a lot of my meds I'm on say not to drink, so I'm afraid not to heed that warning. I think if I went back to drinking, I would lose weight. DH doesn't drink either, except for a beer now and then at a restaurant. I know, you're thinking "Who drinks one beer???" LOL

For Mother's Day my son got me a 6 pack of Truly....alcoholic spiked sparkling water. I can't wait for a hot night to enjoy it. It's a clear liquid, so I can pour it into an Aquafina bottle and people will think I'm just drinking water. I can take it anywhere and not get arrested for open container.

I do hope this new therapy helps you. I saw a link about cancer that someone else posted. I haven't watched it yet so I'm not promoting it, but it might be something you might want to watch.
Hi guys even tho youre girls. It's funny to hear you talk about the beach like that PAC. I have grown up by the beach all my life. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

On top of just not having the ability to appreciate it anymore, our beaches are littered with girls in very revealing beach-ware. Which most guys might see as a bonus, for me it conflicts with my spiritual beliefs.

I'm told by God to not covet my neighbor's wife. Well, it's a lot harder if she's in broad daylight with nothing but underwear on!

And I am noticing that being on this THC oil causes me to want to look at everything with a deeper fascination. I mean everything. So if I see a humming bird, I'm more "into" watching it. If a girl walks by and is showing off her stuff, I'm more into studying everything.

Day Four begins Last night as I awaited by dinner/supper with anticipation because of my THC induced munchies, our oldest DD was over and she was buzzzed on something. She is our bad girl and the only family member to walk away from the Faith we hold.

This has brought a lot of bad stuff into her life. So she was venting in the kitchen about how messed up her life is. My DW is trying to offer motherly advice, which a lot of 27 year old women DO NOT want anymore (never did).

I guess DW said one thing that really set DD off. I tried to get her to lower the volume of her voice. I began closing windows for the neighbor's sake. It didn't last long and DD was saying she was gonna take off. I said I think that's a good idea.

After she left DW said she wished she could get on a bus and not come back for a long time. I asked her where she wanted to eat dinner. She said by herself. I said asked her if she was upset with the way I handled the blow up?

She didn't want to discuss it. But I know she always thinks of her own dad and how none of the daughters (no sons anyway) ever got away with being disrespectful to DW. I have not had his ability. Plus he got to use swear words, which always gets the child's attention better.

I never have and hope to never use cuss words at my daughters. But without em, kids often find it hard to take a parent seriously. Anyway....I was so mellow thru the whole thing because of the THC, I just felt like i'd leave it to prayer and time. I'm not God and I can't fix everything.

Changing the subject....I'm noticing that it takes longer to wake up my head after a day of THC. But I have no choice right now. Again, the cancer is negatively affected by the compounds found in cannabis extractions. And I need to get off of beer.

PAC, just reading you writing about alcohol made me have gross feelings about it. Be ye glad that you don't get along with the stuff. Kris and I could wish we had your problem . Right Kris?
It's Sunday morning and beautiful around here. I have no desire for some beer.

I look forward to grooming my THC life today, see if I can make this work to get me to dis-like beer. I actually would love to hate beer. I would. I want to get to a place where when I see someone drinking a beer, that they look really dumb to me.

I'm that way with cigs now. They used to tempt me on cold nights, full of beer. Go out and light up. My neighbors smoke and I'm sick of the smell of their cancer sticks/coffin nails. Let beer become a nasty, life killing substance to me on a psychological level.

I dare not try one on my new drug. I could like it. That's not good. Once we like something, we always think about it. A person addicted to chocolate, but giving it up for weight loss, is always thinking about chocolate. So, better to have never met certain things in life.

Have a great Lord's day friends.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #672
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!
 
Madmarsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,164
Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/166/145
WOE: NSNG/Fung fast
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Friday sounds like a little mini-binge for you! I'm not used to hearing of you eating like that. Good to hear that you're "normal" but you do want to get back on track!
Oh, hey, look, I am far from perfect (and it WAS the weekend after all ).
If I could say no 100%, I wouldn't have done it. But what I DO have a handle on is, being fat adapted, getting back in the swing not letting it go for an entire week. Oh, and I discovered a new thing. I never eat cucumbers because they repeat, but I never had them marinated in vinegar before and I LOVE them that way. Now I can eat cucumbers!!!!! (always looking to expand my former picky eater repertoire!)
Quote:
I have never had tuna steaks, or grilled tuna. I like it, but only know it out of a can. LOL I might buy some one of these days to grill, but it will be just for me, as DH wouldn't eat it. Then again, I might get spoiled and never want canned tuna again
Trust me, you won't. Once you know what it's supposed to look and taste like ........

Quote:
I remember when I was in the 130s I wasn't completely satisfied. I was always trying to get into the 120s. Boy, I would really be ecstatic to see the 130s now. LOL
Me, too.
Quote:
For Mother's Day my son got me a 6 pack of Truly....alcoholic spiked sparkling water. I can't wait for a hot night to enjoy it. It's a clear liquid, so I can pour it into an Aquafina bottle and people will think I'm just drinking water. I can take it anywhere and not get arrested for open container
Never heard of that. It sounds good. Maybe I can find some on vacay.
__________________
HUNGER is not an emergency!

Restart: 2/16/2017 184
Low: 4/26/2017 166
Current: 5/3/2017 168
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #673
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Hi guys Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine went well. I used to enjoy a few ales before church. But this Sunday I just went there on my cannabis medicine.

I actually missed the ales quite a bit. Especially after church when I bring all the signs in. That used to be pleasant to do with a cold ale.

When I got home I had a couple of hours to get thru before a small group bible study. I had a few ales in the garage, so I tried them with a little THC and it worked pretty well.

I know, I know....I shouldn't have, but it worked out and I ended up with a really clean weekend. Like a normal person would behave with beer.

Today is my fifth day with the THC and only a few beers yesterday. I had my coffee and my oils and I had a great Monday morning. I mean the best in as long as I can remember.

And I'm functioning fine. Driving isn't weird. I'm possibly more careful, more observant? So, I'm pretty stoked at the future potentials. I had to end the beer. I was way over-do. I mean beer in terms of it controlling me.

Sunday I controlled it. I don't want any until next Sunday where I want to try Miller 64 instead of ale. Because 64's are almost like non-alcoholic beer. And the NA beer has way too much sugar in it. So if I have fun with some 64's on a Sunday, that would be really cool.

That will also give me some glimpse of how to think about the next vacation with DW. So I have a lot to look forward to and wonder about. I like that.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:41 AM   #674
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!
 
PACarolsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 1,644
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
GB, I will have to remember your DW's response when you asked her where she wanted to eat dinner....by herself. LOL That's one thing about being retired. DH and I are never by ourselves, unless you mean that I'm up here on the internet and he's down in the garage tinkering. I always wonder what all tinkering entails. I even go with him when he goes for a hair cut. I lived alone for several years....he never did. He doesn't like to be alone.

When I write about alcohol, it's more to let you know that I'm no angel. I had my days. And sometimes I think it would help me lose weight, as I do not mix alcohol and food. It just upsets my stomach.

I don't think Kris considers her beer to be a problem, except for the effect on her weight. I think she loves to imbibe while socializing with her friends and has no plan on stopping.

Did you read the article I posted about cancer? I haven't read it yet, but just wondered what you thought of it. Apparently, the information helped another cancer patient.

I'm glad to hear your treatment is seeming to mellow you out. I don't know what can be done about your DD at this point. I think at that age they have to find their way themselves. My step-children had to show respect and were not allowed to talk back, but who knows what happened when we were not in hearing distance. They probably expressed different opinions. DH was lenient, and I was more firm, as much as I could be, being the step parent. They lived with us full time.

I think when you are always around something, like the beach, it loses it's appeal. We have to drive 6-8 hours or more to get to a beach, and we don't go there often. It's a treat for us. DH doesn't seem to pay much attention to the scantily clad females. LOL I guess he is just good at disguising his interest. Actually, I have to fight him to go to the beach. He much prefers to be somewhere with casinos, like Vegas.

I never spend much time on the beach in the afternoon, when it's crowded. I prefer it in the evening, when the crowds are getting ready to eat and drink somewhere. I find it peaceful.

Marsha, do the cucumbers not repeat if they have vinegar on them? I love veggies with vinegar. Sometimes I use red wine vinegar. Yum. I love cucumbers and don't have a problem with them, sez me. In 2008 I bought some, then my son-in-law gave me some he grew, and I was eating them like crazy so they wouldn't go bad. I ended up in the hospital, needing open heart surgery, and DH says it was from too many cucumbers. He really believes that, and won't even eat them anymore!! That's a hoot!

I would imagine that Truly would be sold in a bar/restaurant. It comes in different flavors, too. The one I have is grapefruit. I forget what the other is. Google it. My step-son married into the right family. He is a drinker, and his wife and her family are big drinkers. You rarely see her parents without a drink.
__________________
Carol
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:53 AM   #675
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,813
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GB, I will have to remember your DW's response when you asked her where she wanted to eat dinner....by herself. LOL That's one thing about being retired. DH and I are never by ourselves, unless you mean that I'm up here on the internet and he's down in the garage tinkering. I always wonder what all tinkering entails. I even go with him when he goes for a hair cut. I lived alone for several years....he never did. He doesn't like to be alone.

When I write about alcohol, it's more to let you know that I'm no angel. I had my days. And sometimes I think it would help me lose weight, as I do not mix alcohol and food. It just upsets my stomach.

I don't think Kris considers her beer to be a problem, except for the effect on her weight. I think she loves to imbibe while socializing with her friends and has no plan on stopping.

Did you read the article I posted about cancer? I haven't read it yet, but just wondered what you thought of it. Apparently, the information helped another cancer patient.

I'm glad to hear your treatment is seeming to mellow you out. I don't know what can be done about your DD at this point. I think at that age they have to find their way themselves. My step-children had to show respect and were not allowed to talk back, but who knows what happened when we were not in hearing distance. They probably expressed different opinions. DH was lenient, and I was more firm, as much as I could be, being the step parent. They lived with us full time.

I think when you are always around something, like the beach, it loses it's appeal. We have to drive 6-8 hours or more to get to a beach, and we don't go there often. It's a treat for us. DH doesn't seem to pay much attention to the scantily clad females. LOL I guess he is just good at disguising his interest. Actually, I have to fight him to go to the beach. He much prefers to be somewhere with casinos, like Vegas.

I never spend much time on the beach in the afternoon, when it's crowded. I prefer it in the evening, when the crowds are getting ready to eat and drink somewhere. I find it peaceful.
Hi PAC Thnx for your perspectives on life. You express yourself well and are easy to read. Yeah, we're having family issues around here.

Today my DW wants me to talk to our youngest daughter about her developing behavior of becoming a binge eater. She's a runner, so she got away with a lot of calories, but lately she is secretly buying boxes of cookies, etc and binge-ing on them.

The weight is showing up in spite of her running. We don't mind some extra healthy weight on a daughter because that's just the way her body type is. But when they open a box of junk and sit there and finish it off in their room all at once....that's not healthy.

She had become very pre-occupied with food. And I can relate to addiction. So I'm going to be transparent and use my own addiction to beer to try to reach out to her.

My DW has been after her for a year or more. DW is sick of it. So now I'm the one who must intervene. And it probably should get handled by a professional. I just want to be an encourager and supporter.

Well, I'm on Day 6 of THC and my hopeful permanent life-style change. I'm still really happy about my Monday. Gosh, why didn't I do this a long time ago? Might have avoided cancer altogether.

I had thought about THC before, but it was illegal then. You had to buy from a dealer. You had to smoke it. It just didn't add up. It was far too easy to remain legal and buy some beer. Plus beer is still way more fun than THC.

But right now I am just so thankful for a natural, health benefiting substance that has side effects I can enjoy. Like coffee, most people enjoy it's side effect. A few don't, so they drink decaf or nothing at all.

If beer was calorie free and healthy, I'd totally choose beer over this THC. But beer is soooooooo bad for us, unless consumed with great moderation.

I love having this alternative. My personality type is one that always seeks some relief from the ordinary. It's great to wake up in the morning and drink a hot black substance with real effects.

But soon that experience is over. Now what? Unless you love your job, most of us will be faced with a day of absolute mundane-ness. Mundane!!!
That's why I fell into the beer addiction.

The THC takes the mundane and puts a new spin on it. Of course, it would stand to reason that at some point the THC feel will become the new mundane. Beer got that way. If you drink it daily, it loses it's good vibe.

Anyway, not much choice right now. The THC is great medicine for my own endocannabinoidal system. Something like that word. They have just more recently discovered our cannabinoid receptor sites on our cells. We were built for cannabis.

I'm reading a book on it by an MD named Bonnie Goldstein. Can't remember the title. Maybe Cannabis Revealed? Anyway, a really good analysis of the medicinal properties of cannabis.

Oh and yeah PAC
that website is very helpful. It's a site that keeps showing up as you research cancer on the internet. Thank you
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #676
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!
 
PACarolsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 1,644
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
I'm sorry to hear about DD leaning toward binge eating. From my own experience, talking to her about it can sometimes make it worse. Maybe something is bothering her. Maybe she's worried about you. It sounds like she's stress eating. I should probably talk to her. I am so sorry now that I let eating take over. I worked at staying thin until my late 30s and my health was great. I really wish I had kept it up, because the alternative led me to heart disease and diabetes, and I will probably never be thin again. It's very had to stay thin, but it's even harder, maybe impossible, to get back there once you let things go.
__________________
Carol
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #677
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,057
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Hey all! Just popping in for a quick hello. Here in Wis on the fishing trip! Something different than most things I've ever done in my life. One other fishing trip with these same people, this same place/Lake resort. The whole fishing thing is "different" I'll say. It's a little fun, casting & bringing in that fish. But then it's in freezing blinding wind and rain and you are cold and wet. Then gotta clean them all. It's a lot of work too. LOT of work. But hey it's OK. This cabin is lots better than the one 2 years ago. I said I would not be going back there.

GB I am just thrilled to see you sounding so positive and happy. It is great. Still praying it works out for you!!
__________________
1 Jan 2016 - 150
4 Apr 2017 - 147/restart/goal 130
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
18 May 2017 - 144.5
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.