Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #61
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi friends. I finally got to my meeting and was down 1 lb. I expected more of a loss than that because it was about 10 days ago I last was able to make a meeting. I ate something salty the night before so blaming water weight

Lou, I think that's what happened with your popcorn before weigh-in day. It will adjust out over time on the scale. I try and not be too concerned about numbers. My clothes are looser and a couple people said they noticed I've been losing. I just keep working the points and the loss eventually shows up on the scale. The points I have control over; the scale I don't

That's concerning about not getting your privacy at your meeting. I'm in northern Cali and at all the meetings I've been to, people are very respectful. Definitely talk to someone about this. Like Berta says, it's a weight watcher policy and important part of the program to have your private time with the staff when you check in. The leader there is responsible for letting people know about doing this. There's a nice way to tell people to relax and make space in the check-in area. In Bay Area meetings I've gone to, there are partitions for privacy.

Lou, glad you're finding your way around the app. I have my settings so my fitpoints are subtracted before weekly points if I go over dailies.

Berta, swimming is something I enjoy but it just seems like so much trouble getting in and out of a wet suit and drying off, drying my hair and so on, especially in the winter even with a heated pool. I may do some swimming with the grandsons when it's warmer. It really is good exercise though for arthritis. The bands are great. I use them for my stretching. There are videos online with ideas for variety.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #62
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I really get a lot out of my meetings also. Amazing leaders here also with great weight loss stories. I did get my WW Fresh food delivery yesterday, so I'm all stocked up for the big snow storm this weekend. I don't think I've seen that Salsbury steak dinner lately. Sounds like one I would like. I'll have to look for it.

So I'm watching the snow coming down heavy right now here in the mountains. Resigning myself to being snowed in and will try and make the most of it. I've got a lot of organizing to do. I've got a big walk-in attic area off my bedroom loft and I've got way too much stuff. I've got a few bags ready to donate and will add to them.

Not sure I will want to spend another winter up here though. This has been more snow than we've got up here for a few years. I'm thinking our drought is probably over
Old 01-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #63
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, I really get a lot out of my meetings also. Amazing leaders here also with great weight loss stories. I did get my WW Fresh food delivery yesterday, so I'm all stocked up for the big snow storm this weekend. I don't think I've seen that Salsbury steak dinner lately. Sounds like one I would like. I'll have to look for it.

So I'm watching the snow coming down heavy right now here in the mountains. Resigning myself to being snowed in and will try and make the most of it. I've got a lot of organizing to do. I've got a big walk-in attic area off my bedroom loft and I've got way too much stuff. I've got a few bags ready to donate and will add to them.

Not sure I will want to spend another winter up here though. This has been more snow than we've got up here for a few years. I'm thinking our drought is probably over
Hello Sue
That is the exact reason I don't go to the pool It seems when I went I would always end up with pneumonia even though I would shower and dry off and change clothes. But since it is something I enjoy after the cold weather is over I may find time to do it again.

I would not like being alone in the mountains in the winter.
But the warmer weather would be nice except for the wild animals

Wow that sounds really nice to have a walking space in your home.
we have a small home 2 bed, 1 1/2 bath, office and craft room.That's it. But only the two of us so no need for anything bigger.
we have a screened in porch I enjoy a lot in the warm weather.

We have Smart Ones mini cheeseburgers here. But sure are small and 5 SP each. I could all six that it comes with. They are the size of White Castles burgers, if you have ever eaten them.

I made oatmeal with cooked apples and cinnamon for my breakfast today it sure was good.Because hubby has requested breakfast for dinner

well didn't babysit today or yesterday as now they are sick. Maybe tomorrow. Seems a lot of people are getting that stuff.I guess it's the flu. we are still coughing quite a lot but we are better.

Stay well, stay warm and keep safe.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #64
RisingFawn
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RisingFawn
Does anyone know of a WW recipe site that can be linked to the app so it automatically tracks into your tracker? Thanks
Old 01-20-2017, 06:07 AM   #65
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi RisingFawn. There are recipes at the bottom of the tracker and many of the recipes from outside websites are searchable thru the tracker since they've been hand entered by someone previously. WW.com has recipes but I don't know of any other sites that link to the tracker.

Thanks for stopping in with your question. I wish you the best with your weight watcher journey. Feel free to let us know how it's going for you. We would love to get to know you.

Sue
Old 01-20-2017, 06:24 AM   #66
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. Berta, I've got a roommate here at my mountain house so I'm not alone fortunately. I had those mini cheeseburgers before. They've been discontinued here. I had decided they weren't filling enough for the 5 point hit. And I mostly try for healthier fruit and veg snacks these days. My tastes have really been changing. This is one of the miracles of the program for me

We are getting plastered with snow still. Oh well. I meet with my trainer on skype this am for a Pilates workout and yesterday I downloaded a Jillian Michaels workout to do for extra cardio. I saw that someone on Connect used it to get in shape and she looks great. I doubt I can keep up but I can modify most everything on it to my level of fitness. And it's low impact which is important for me. I also watched Revenge Body with khloé kardashian last nite. So far I'm liking that show. It helps motivate me. I'm trying to really get serious about getting myself to goal this time around
Old 01-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #67
RisingFawn
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RisingFawn
Thank you, I didn't realize about the search option for recipes through the tracker. I will check that out! Thank you for the welcome also. Just trying once again to make this work����
Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #68
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everybody. So nice to see all the new folks.

I too think meetings are important. I don't do the app, so for me it is a big deal. I've went to 4 meetings this month. Trying to find one that I feel like I fit into. It's not always one size fits all.

Berta thanks for the soup recipes. They look so good. I have a cabbage veggie one from long time ago. It doesn't have cauliflower..... so something new.

Hope you all stay warm. Go make some soup.

Later girls

Anna
Old 01-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #69
carla70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: WW
Start Date: 01/15/2017
Hi Everyone! Had a GREAT time in Vegas with my sister. We walked so much I have blisters on my feet where I didn't know I could have blisters. Friday hit my all time step goal on my fitbit with 23,947 steps! I tried to eat well but I did gain on my weighing in today, but am I am ok with it, I had fun! I try to work out each morning but this morning feets are maybe needing a break.

I did also find that I do want and need to do this for me. I do not like how I feel. So all in all good.

You all are doing amazing and are great inspiration also. On trip I couldn't wait to get back and read your posts.

Lou, that is terrible they do not give respect in weighing in. I am not able to go meetings so started back on just online. I am now taking the time to read the articles and such on the site. The site has changed and is so helpful from what I have read and looked at so far.

Sue, being in a mountain cabin must be very beautiful!

I am compiling my grocery list and such for the week. I am looking at and wondering if Simply Filling might be good for me. Has anyone else tried that?

Good to be back and Happy Monday!
Old 01-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #70
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I am not following WW, but I was lurking around here yesterday and copied the potato soup recipe. DH loves potato soup, but what he gets in restaurants always seems to have too much sodium and raises his blood pressure. I used your recipe, Berta, it is really great! I made the following tweaks.

I used 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth instead of 2 cups broth and 2 cups water. I used some frozen cauliflower florets instead of the half head of cauliflower. I used 1/4 tsp of pepper since we aren't big on pepper. When it was finished cooking, I just used my potato masher to smash some of the potatoes to thicken it a little. It was so easy, and I will be making this often and passing the recipe on to friends. Yummy, especially on this cold rainy day.

Thanks!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #71
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see lots of conversation here in our little thread. My life is all about snow right now I am so dreaming of Spring. I've even been researching a getaway vacation to Savannah, Ga. for February. May or may not happen but it cheers me up to think of it.

I'm doing well with staying within my daily points and keeping up with my workouts on M,W,F. My home scale is showing some progress but it's wild the bounces my body does from day to day. I really hope I can get out on Wed to my meeting. We're expecting a warm up here after today.

Hope all is rolling along well for everyone this week. Day by day we make progress towards our goals.

Sue
Old 01-24-2017, 04:32 AM   #72
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Carol, glad to have you join us and to see you come out from lurkdom That potato soup does sound yummy. One of my Mom's winter favorites.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 AM   #73
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Anna, you're right. Let's all make some soup
Carla, that's a lot of walking you did! Sorry about the blisters Glad you had fun. Doing this for you is coming from a good place for success! That's an attitude and a why that will take you into longterm results.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #74
Dabbadooey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/24/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
Hi Everyone! Had a GREAT time in Vegas with my sister. We walked so much I have blisters on my feet where I didn't know I could have blisters. Friday hit my all time step goal on my fitbit with 23,947 steps! I tried to eat well but I did gain on my weighing in today, but am I am ok with it, I had fun! I try to work out each morning but this morning feets are maybe needing a break.

I did also find that I do want and need to do this for me. I do not like how I feel. So all in all good.

You all are doing amazing and are great inspiration also. On trip I couldn't wait to get back and read your posts.

Lou, that is terrible they do not give respect in weighing in. I am not able to go meetings so started back on just online. I am now taking the time to read the articles and such on the site. The site has changed and is so helpful from what I have read and looked at so far.

Sue, being in a mountain cabin must be very beautiful!

I am compiling my grocery list and such for the week. I am looking at and wondering if Simply Filling might be good for me. Has anyone else tried that?

Good to be back and Happy Monday!
I am doing simply filling. I started back on it today. It is a really healthy plan, and I already feel better.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #75
carla70
Senior LCF Member

That's great! I am looking at it and it might be the way to go for me. I get confused when you have ingredients that are all in list but when put together it says it's not. The frozen brown and wild rice with veggies for instance.

And btw Welcome!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #76
Berta48
Berta48

Hi gang
Sue WTG one lb is great. I only lost .2 this week.But after nearly losing 8 lbs last week (7.8)I will take it.

I am determined to get this off this year and no fooling around. I am still hacking and coughing. Guess I'll end up going to Dr. just can't seem to shake it.It's been 2 weeks today

March 20th is the first day of Spring, so it won't be that much longer now . I am so looking forward to the fresh strawberries, peaches,cantaloupes, mangoes,watermelon, pomegranates this year!!! And oh yes, our homegrown tomatoes. We had them up until a little after Thanksgiving this year so very good

I bought some little cuties (oranges) yesterday and they are real good.For now, I buy sugar free canned fruit and draining it. I really like cottage cheese and peaches.

Well I hope your weather holds up and you can get out of those mountains and go for a mini vacation that would be really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I am not following WW, but I was lurking around here yesterday and copied the potato soup recipe. DH loves potato soup, but what he gets in restaurants always seems to have too much sodium and raises his blood pressure. I used your recipe, Berta, it is really great! I made the following tweaks.

I used 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth instead of 2 cups broth and 2 cups water. I used some frozen cauliflower florets instead of the half head of cauliflower. I used 1/4 tsp of pepper since we aren't big on pepper. When it was finished cooking, I just used my potato masher to smash some of the potatoes to thicken it a little. It was so easy, and I will be making this often and passing the recipe on to friends. Yummy, especially on this cold rainy day.

Thanks!
I really like it. It is hard to only eat one cup though I am happy you enjoyed it.
Quote:
Anna, you're right. Let's all make some soup
Carla, that's a lot of walking you did! Sorry about the blisters Glad you had fun. Doing this for you is coming from a good place for success! That's an attitude and a why that will take you into long term results.
I made some garden vegetable soup and it is zero sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
I am doing simply filling. I started back on it today. It is a really healthy plan, and I already feel better.

Quote:
That's great! I am looking at it and it might be the way to go for me. I get confused when you have ingredients that are all in list but when put together it says it's not. The frozen brown and wild rice with veggies for instance.

And btw Welcome!

Last edited by Berta48; 01-25-2017 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #77
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

I really like it. It is hard to only eat one cup though I am happy you enjoyed it.
Don't worry, I had more than one cup! LOL I put some in a jar and shared it with my step-daughter. She will like it, too.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #78
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Don't worry, I had more than one cup! LOL I put some in a jar and shared it with my step-daughter. She will like it, too.
I usually do too. The points are low so it's okay as long as I put them down.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #79
Camie Jo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Camie Jo
I joined WW as a WOE without over-restriction, over-dieting, over-everything - recommended by my food counselor. I'm taking a leap and jumping in. I've been to one meeting. I'm struggling to stay within my point limit, it's really taking some practice. I find myself going 10 points over on the average every day.

I'm used to eating so many fats and it's definitely not a free-for-all anymore. I think I developed a good fat addiction, too. Butter slathered on everything, cream cheese, regular cheese. It's not easy.
Camie Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #80
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie Jo View Post
I joined WW as a WOE without over-restriction, over-dieting, over-everything - recommended by my food counselor. I'm taking a leap and jumping in. I've been to one meeting. I'm struggling to stay within my point limit, it's really taking some practice. I find myself going 10 points over on the average every day.

I'm used to eating so many fats and it's definitely not a free-for-all anymore. I think I developed a good fat addiction, too. Butter slathered on everything, cream cheese, regular cheese. It's not easy.
Cami
It does get easier.Just keep at it. I now have learned to like light things. Still can't do fat free anything though

It takes time to change a lifetime of bad habits. I have a long way to go but have came a long way too.

Use your weekly points until you can learn new habits. You will loose slower, I do anyway.But I still loose.

Keep posting and keep us informed on how you are doing. I have a ton of recipes muffins, cupcakes, soups casseroles. They are all very tasty too.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #81
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

There are some very good tasting light butter substitutes out there, and for butter on veggies, I use a butter spray. The same taste without any calories or fat. I once saw a co-worker spraying it on toast! It's amazing how much fat is in a little pat of butter. It never mattered for someone doing LCHF, but makes a big difference following WW.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #82
Dabbadooey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/24/17
Quote:

And btw Welcome!
That has never made sense to me. I mean your body doesn't know any difference. I don't combine much, but I am not a cook.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #83
carla70
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday to everyone!

I have been doing the Simply Filling since Wednesday and I think I like it. Too soon to tell. Each way has its pros and cons. I do have to say I like only tracking what is not on the list. I am maybe not doing it to the letter as I do not like "fat free" other than Western Dressing for some reason so I am using light. Like I said, I do not know if I am doing it quite right but I look at list and only track in recipe what is not on the list or when I check tracker.

I am perusing the internet for recipes to try. When I have time I love to cook and to my family's grimace try new recipes.

I have to say that this site and reading all your posts have kept me going and I want to say Thank You to all of you and we can all do this!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #84
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Happy Saturday to everyone!

I have been doing the Simply Filling since Wednesday and I think I like it. Too soon to tell. Each way has its pros and cons. I do have to say I like only tracking what is not on the list. I am maybe not doing it to the letter as I do not like "fat free" other than Western Dressing for some reason so I am using light. Like I said, I do not know if I am doing it quite right but I look at list and only track in recipe what is not on the list or when I check tracker.

I am perusing the internet for recipes to try. When I have time I love to cook and to my family's grimace try new recipes.

I have to say that this site and reading all your posts have kept me going and I want to say Thank You to all of you and we can all do this!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Hello Carla
I usually am not here on week ends, but I was just checking my email before going to bed and saw you posted.

I made a Pillsbury Sugar Free cake today and it is zero points.
I used egg whites and sugar free applesauce and the Pillsbury SF Cake Mix added a tad of almond flavoring and I mean it is is wonderful!!! I put it through the recipe builder on the WW site and it was zero.The cake mix makes ten servings. They have it in chocolate also. I had been wanting cake for quite sometime and NOW I can have my cake and eat it too

I have been on plan all week thus far only used two weeklies so far. We are eating out tomorrow after church, so hopefully it will be some place I can order on plan.

I've never done the simply filling. I like eating anything I want and just tracking it.As long as I don't have to write it down I am good. That is why I joined online.

Have a wonderful week end.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #85
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cami Jo Like Berta says, it gets easier. There is definitely a learning curve involved at first. My first couple months I spent a lot of time learning lower point substitutes that worked for me and learning portion control for higher point foods. I came from a place of doing lowcarb eating which involved unlimited quanties of proteins for snacks and it took awhile for me to get past that 'all you want to eat' mentality. For someone like myself who has been treated for binge eating disorder, that maybe isn't a good idea to be given license to eat unlimited quantities of anything. I've learned to love the smart points system. I think it's just genius really. It has subtlety shifted my ideas about how I want to eat.

While in the grocery store this weekend, I realized I've become a smarter shopper. Worki g my own personal version of WW's has taught me to put fresh fruits in my basket and Sara Lee delightful lower point bread, one avocado per week, and keep snack foods to a minimum. I've learned which things I can't have around the house and which I need to buy single portions of.

I went to my first meeting this time around on March 20 last year and have tracked every single day since then. I'm actually living a new lifestyle I'm really happy with and best of all I feel it's sustainable over the longrun.

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-29-2017 at 01:37 PM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #86
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi all. Quick update-was down 2.6 at my Saturday weigh-in. That's for 10 days since I was snowed in. Been getting my WW Fresh deliveries still. Berta, I found the Salsbury steak WW meal at Safeway and thought of you. I got a couple of them to keep in the freezer.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Sue
Old 01-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #87
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I meant to say your cake sounds tasty. 0 points?!? Wow. I've been doing about the same-only using a couple of the weeklies the last 2 weeks. Hope eating out goes well for you today.

Sue
Old 01-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #88
carla70
Senior LCF Member

Berta, that cake sounds great! Maybe could even make cupcakes!

Sue - great job on the loss and tracking for a year - Kudos to you!
Old 01-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #89
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I meant to say your cake sounds tasty. 0 points?!? Wow. I've been doing about the same-only using a couple of the weeklies the last 2 weeks. Hope eating out goes well for you today.

Sue
The cake is amazing. With 2tbs of fat free cool whip it is one SP.
Do you have SF cake mixes there? We only have yellow and chocolate. But I add just a tad of almond flavoring and makes it wonderful.It doesn't take much, just a couple drops, but sure does make a difference.

I am wondering what your opinion is on this....

I have not went over my daily points any day but still don't loose. Do you think it is because I eat to much and not really a good balance?
For instance I might have more meat but count the points and then very little veggies.

I am going to see how I do at weigh in this Tuesday and then I am going to use my WW plates and eat from them since they have the round spots to place your food. And just see if there is a difference when I weigh in the next time.
I want to figure out what is that's slowing me down so much even when I am good.

Lunch today was good, but after tracking it, it was 29 points.( I get 30 per day ) So that's all I get today.But I can still have broth and veggies and fruit if I get hungry.

Do you think that will cause a gain eating like that? Because I do eat that way often?

Well gotta go, I do believe it's nap time

Last edited by Berta48; 01-29-2017 at 04:40 PM..
Old 01-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #90
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hi all. Quick update-was down 2.6 at my Saturday weigh-in. That's for 10 days since I was snowed in. Been getting my WW Fresh deliveries still. Berta, I found the Salsbury steak WW meal at Safeway and thought of you. I got a couple of them to keep in the freezer.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Sue
Great loss!