Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #271
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
pandora Sorry for the delay in replying to you. Usually I am on here more regularly. I was out of town over Easter. Sounds like you're off to a great start with smart points and have discovered key things already like weighing and measuring and prepping. Tracking is so important. It really is eye opening. I weigh in on Wednesdays also at my local meeting. I have a pr of pants I'm working on getting into too. It's good to have a non scale way to measure progress. The pants I have are Dress Barn 18's and are still a bit too tight to wear. I wore a medium size dress this last week that didn't fit me last Spring. I have 50 more lbs to go to goal yet. Thanks for joining us here.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #272
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Rubee, sorry to hear about your triglycerides. I had that problem before when my blood sugars were running too high. I'm on insulin now to regulate and keep an eye towards not eating too many carbs. Even if you're not doing WW's, we would sure love to hear how you're doing if you would like to check in with us now and then. I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope the best for you.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #273
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Beth, you've been carrying this thread lately and I'm grateful for your faithfulness here. Thanks for being here. Your 2 lb loss is really good. I know this plan is not the fastest route to losing weight but I'm counting on it keeping the weight off I had a great visit with the grandsons and it's good to be back to my regular routines. I ate most all my weeklies last week and have only eaten a few so far this week. I didn't weigh last week but have 2 more days to make this week look good at the scale

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #274
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, my friend, glad to hear you had a good holiday and your move to Alabama-thats big. Wow. Thats exciting and a lot of work. You will like their winters better there haha. Will you be anywhere near the coast? Gulf Shores is where my Dad used to winter. They do like their fried foods in the south. I see a lot of weight watchers use air fryers to cut points on fried things.

Glad you got to enjoy some of your canned veggies from last summer after a long winter. We're still getting rain here but at least it's not snow I'm enjoying seeing more fresh fruits also. Actually found some organic peaches while I was in San Jose and they were so good

Onward we go with our journeys. I'm keeping my eye towards at least a little weight loss each week. It does add up
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #275
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, my friend, glad to hear you had a good holiday and your move to Alabama-thats big. Wow. Thats exciting and a lot of work. You will like their winters better there haha. Will you be anywhere near the coast? Gulf Shores is where my Dad used to winter. They do like their fried foods in the south. I see a lot of weight watchers use air fryers to cut points on fried things.

Glad you got to enjoy some of your canned veggies from last summer after a long winter. We're still getting rain here but at least it's not snow I'm enjoying seeing more fresh fruits also. Actually found some organic peaches while I was in San Jose and they were so good

Onward we go with our journeys. I'm keeping my eye towards at least a little weight loss each week. It does add up
Hello Gang
Well this is my weigh in day(night) I feel I have lost but it is always up in the air. So I will no more later this evening.

Yes Sue I am not looking forward to the move. However it is depending on our house selling if we move or not. But if we don't move then at lest our house will be uncluttered

I'm happy you are back home. It makes a big difference in how we eat doesn't it?

As for the fried foods I do my own cooking so I needn't worry about it until we go out to eat. I do not like spicy food either, so I may have a bit of a time finding things to eat down there which could be a good thing

Well take care and have good weigh in.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #276
chewiegand
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 4,822
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi all, I started doing ww about 3 1/2 weeks ago with a purchased app on my phone. Doing smart points. It's so different than just low carb eating. Trying to focus on health. I weigh in on Thursday and will let you know. Where are the ww recipes?
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #277
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Hello Gang
Well I had a good weigh in. I was down 2.2 AT LAST So I am hoping I can keep in the downward side of things. I have been trying to get to 229 for about three months now. So frustrating. But mostly my own doings.

Well I am tired and my shoulders and neck are so stiff and hurting. Hubby tried rubbing them but didn't help a whole lot but some.

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Chewie
WW is a great plan . It is my favorite and I have tried them all.
I hope you like it and have great success.
For the recipes look up this post.....
Weight Watchers Tried and True Recipes........ Hope this helps.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 04-25-2017 at 08:10 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #278
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member
 
bkramer947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm right here, silly!
Posts: 77
Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Hi everyone! Yay, Berta! Great loss!! And weighing in at NIGHT? Omg. That takes courage. LOL I'm a morning-naked weigher!! LOL

All is going well here. I had a mini gain but then shook it off and persevered. In a couple of days the mini gain was gone. Fluctuations happen, right?

Tonight I am sampling something new. I signed up for a free trial class at Orange Theory Fitness. Granted, I am not in great shape and am about 40-50 lbs overweight but I am going. Hope I survive!!!!!

And, tomorrow marks my 1 month in with WW. A milestone! I am doing it online only and I do love the app and the Connect support. Curious to weigh in and see where my one month weigh in falls.

Have a great day, everyone! Post when you can!
__________________
Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #279
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
Hi everyone! Yay, Berta! Great loss!! And weighing in at NIGHT? Omg. That takes courage. LOL I'm a morning-naked weigher!! LOL

All is going well here. I had a mini gain but then shook it off and persevered. In a couple of days the mini gain was gone. Fluctuations happen, right?

Tonight I am sampling something new. I signed up for a free trial class at Orange Theory Fitness. Granted, I am not in great shape and am about 40-50 lbs overweight but I am going. Hope I survive!!!!!

And, tomorrow marks my 1 month in with WW. A milestone! I am doing it online only and I do love the app and the Connect support. Curious to weigh in and see where my one month weigh in falls.

Have a great day, everyone! Post when you can!
Good Morning Friend

I too weigh every morning! in my pjs though Yes our meetings are at night. I wish they weren't I would be about 3-4 lbs less.

However I can keep track pretty well as my scales weigh me one lb more than at WW even at night. I always weigh right before I go to the meeting just to make certain they are still right

I go to Connect once in awhile but don't follow anyone much. I am online but signed up to go to the meetings too, as they are what gives me my encouragement and support.


Take care a KUTGW
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #280
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi all. I was down .2 at my meeting this am. I'll take it but I really want to have a bigger loss next week like your 2.2 Berta Congrats on a good weigh in!

Beth, fluctuations seem to be part of the process. At least for me that is the way it goes and my body can have some wildly big ups and downs so I just deal with it and keep on. OMG Orange Theory. I've heard of it and it sounds very intense. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. It is a real weight loss booster for people on Connect who are doing it.

Chewie so glad to have you join us. Hope you like smart points as much as I do. I'm down 40 lbs in just over a year on WW's and down a total of almost 70 lbs from my highest weight. Smart points has been a game changer for me and has shaped subtle lifestyle changes one by one.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #281
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi all. I was down .2 at my meeting this am. I'll take it but I really want to have a bigger loss next week like your 2.2 Berta Congrats on a good weigh in!

Beth, fluctuations seem to be part of the process. At least for me that is the way it goes and my body can have some wildly big ups and downs so I just deal with it and keep on. OMG Orange Theory. I've heard of it and it sounds very intense. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. It is a real weight loss booster for people on Connect who are doing it.

Chewie so glad to have you join us. Hope you like smart points as much as I do. I'm down 40 lbs in just over a year on WW's and down a total of almost 70 lbs from my highest weight. Smart points has been a game changer for me and has shaped subtle lifestyle changes one by one.

Sue
Good Morning Gang

It has turned off chilly here in MO it was 45 F yesterday
and just about that chilly today, so I am making chicken noodle soup for dinner. I put carrots,celery,cabbage onions, and some La Moderna Fideo noodles.(they are little tiny Mexican noodles),fat free chicken broth and some bullion chicken cubes in it, Seasoned with Thyme, Poultry seasoning, Tarragon, garlic. It smells heavenly. It will be 4 SP per 2 cups

I have been right on this week so far. I really want to loose at least 2 lbs this week. Seems every time I get to this weight I go back up. And I am wanting to get out of the 230's. so bad

Sue you have really, really done amazing . It has been a whole year for me since starting WW but I had lost about 10 lbs on my own prior to that. You seem to do so well. I can, if I stick with it 100% but sometimes life gets in my way

I saw the WW Cruise is all filled up this time.But they have another one in November. It would be fun. I'd have to get to Florida and then the price was sorta high. So I doubt if I ever get to go on one.

Pandora,Chewie and Kramer
I am hoping all is well you gals I need to get going I have a WM's meeting this evening (If I make up my mind to go)
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 04-27-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #282
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member
 
bkramer947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm right here, silly!
Posts: 77
Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Wow, great job, ladies! Love hearing your reports and sharing insights. Awesome job.

Well, I did the Orange Theory Fitness class and really enjoyed it! It was hard and I sweated a lot but I enjoyed it enough to sign up for the next month. It's a month to month membership. A little pricy but I am going to use it - I won't just pay and then stay home! LOL

Today I am a bit sore. And, my weight was up a little bit which I understand can happen when muscles are sore from exercise. I don't like that but I know I ate within my points and got a lot of exercise so it's just one of those pesky fluctuations that my body loves to do!

Have a great day, all - write back!
__________________
Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #283
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, your chicken soup sounds heavenly. Makes me want to have some for breakfast in the morning Thanks for your encouragement. My journey has certainly had its detours. When I think of all the snackcidents and what all I've eaten the last year, it's amazing to me that I lost weight I hadn't heard the cruise was full. That's great. Guess I better hurry up and make up my mind about the November one. It's a big expense for sure. I'm really wanting to go back to Europe soon also.

My roommate and I are talking about some plans and ways to save on expenses by staying in monasteries instead of hotels. She was born in England and lived in France and Germany while growing up so there's lots of places we would want to revisit. Don't think I can do both trips but I sure would like to. Oh well, gotta find the $ for all these big plans

Beth, that's great you're going to continue with orange theory. I'm not surprised you're sore. Muscle weighs more than fat they say so don't let that scale psych you out.

Well, I'm getting ready to settle down for some sleep. I stayed up late hoping for a full nite's sleep tonite. Sleeping straight thru is tough for me. I want to be better rested so I'm working on it. I did a lot of organizing work in my room so it's more peaceful and I burned one of the many scented candles I have so it smells so good. I'll let you know how I do with my sleep.

Good nite all.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #284
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member
 
bkramer947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm right here, silly!
Posts: 77
Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Sue, thanks for your well wishes and great advice!

Love the idea of monastery-staying, by the way (and I'm a rabbi!). It sounds super cool, and yes, probably cost-efficient.

I wonder what a WW cruise is like?!!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I am working a long day (8 AM - 9 PM or so) here at the synagogue and I am armed with a big stash of pre-tracked WW friendly food!!!
__________________
Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #285
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Beth, I bet it's interesting to work as a rabbi and rewarding too. You certainly do have long days. Part of the attraction of the WW cruise would be meeting other members and having point friendly meals. Lots of activity opportunities are available and one of the ports the nov ship stops in is Puerto Rico, which I would really like to visit.

I have a line dancing workshop I'm going to today, speaking of long days. I'm going to take a cue from u and pack a bag with some fruit and extra protein and mini pretzels for some carb.

Have a great Saturday.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #286
ImaLeo
Junior LCF Member
 
ImaLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 51
Gallery: ImaLeo
Start Date: 1/27/05
Hi Weight Watchers! I'd like to join in if you don't mind! Not sure how active I'll be-I tend to be more of a lurker, but I'm needing some extra motivation and accountability right now.
In July of 2014 I started Low carb, and lost from 250 to my lowest of 185.5 in June of 2015, which I weighed for about 1 day! Since then I've struggled to maintain, struggled to keep it below 200, and then I gained back up to over 220.
Two people close to me-a coworker and my hair stylist-both are on WW. I have been on WW several times in the past, of course, as have most people with weight problems. I decided I really wanted to try it again since I didn't feel like Low Carb was what I wanted to be on long term.
I joined WW March 21 @ 226.8 and lost 14.4 by April 18. I skipped my April 25 weigh in and had Mexican food and margaritas and of course that's a slippery slope so now I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove.
So now that those boring details are out of the way, my name is Patricia. I live in eastern Oklahoma and work as an Instructional Assistant with English Language Learners in a 5th/6th grade school. I'll be 54 in August, married for 36 years in August. Two grown kids-no grandkids.
My weigh in has been Tuesday nights but I will probably change it when I'm out for summer in a few weeks.
__________________
Patricia
ImaLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #287
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaLeo View Post
Hi Weight Watchers! I'd like to join in if you don't mind! Not sure how active I'll be-I tend to be more of a lurker, but I'm needing some extra motivation and accountability right now.
In July of 2014 I started Low carb, and lost from 250 to my lowest of 185.5 in June of 2015, which I weighed for about 1 day! Since then I've struggled to maintain, struggled to keep it below 200, and then I gained back up to over 220.
Two people close to me-a coworker and my hair stylist-both are on WW. I have been on WW several times in the past, of course, as have most people with weight problems. I decided I really wanted to try it again since I didn't feel like Low Carb was what I wanted to be on long term.
I joined WW March 21 @ 226.8 and lost 14.4 by April 18. I skipped my April 25 weigh in and had Mexican food and margaritas and of course that's a slippery slope so now I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove.
So now that those boring details are out of the way, my name is Patricia. I live in eastern Oklahoma and work as an Instructional Assistant with English Language Learners in a 5th/6th grade school. I'll be 54 in August, married for 36 years in August. Two grown kids-no grandkids.
My weigh in has been Tuesday nights but I will probably change it when I'm out for summer in a few weeks.

We're happy to have you join us. I think your story about fits most of us


I weigh on Tuesday nights also, Wish it were mornings as I weigh about 3-4 lbs less in the a.m.
My first time at WW I lost 75 lbs so I could get pregnant. Gained it back after I had my daughter and then some.
My highest has been 275.8 My 2nd time I lost a little but ate junk food a lot didn't do to good. Then rejoined last year. So far doing good. Wish it were more but I've my ups and downs. I have cut out most junk foods but once in awhile I have them such as a doughnut this week

I hope you will post as often as you can. It seems none of us are real regular. Life just keeps us busy. I baby sit part time but am retired. Mostly tired

I will be 69 in AUG.

What can we call you please?
Well have a great week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, your chicken soup sounds heavenly. Makes me want to have some for breakfast in the morning Thanks for your encouragement. My journey has certainly had its detours. When I think of all the snackcidents and what all I've eaten the last year, it's amazing to me that I lost weight I hadn't heard the cruise was full. That's great. Guess I better hurry up and make up my mind about the November one. It's a big expense for sure. I'm really wanting to go back to Europe soon also.

My roommate and I are talking about some plans and ways to save on expenses by staying in monasteries instead of hotels. She was born in England and lived in France and Germany while growing up so there's lots of places we would want to revisit. Don't think I can do both trips but I sure would like to. Oh well, gotta find the $ for all these big plans

Beth, that's great you're going to continue with orange theory. I'm not surprised you're sore. Muscle weighs more than fat they say so don't let that scale psych you out.

Well, I'm getting ready to settle down for some sleep. I stayed up late hoping for a full nite's sleep tonite. Sleeping straight thru is tough for me. I want to be better rested so I'm working on it. I did a lot of organizing work in my room so it's more peaceful and I burned one of the many scented candles I have so it smells so good. I'll let you know how I do with my sleep.

Good nite all.
SUE
The soup was really good but I felt it had a bit to much pepper.Hubby loved it though. It is real low in points. 2 SP for two cups

Been a good week thus far. I ate a doughnut but counted the SP. The food log said 1 doughnut any kind store bought 8 SP. actually it was worth it I might do it again once in awhile to satisfy that longing for such things

Been raining here since Wednesday and is suppose to all week up until next Saturday, except Tuesday next week. Kinda aggravated as I was going to plant flowers and tomatoes. But I guess I have all summer to do it.

I have been de-cluttering our house and it really is looking so much better.
We've decide to not move and to just buy a vacation home in Alabama and go there through the summer every year. I am happy about that. The thought of having to pack every thing up, sell our home and pay thousands of dollars for movers. It just overwhelmed me and hubby.

Well hopefully we will all have a good weigh in this week.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 04-29-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #288
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, that's exciting to have a vacation home to go to. I bet u will want to visit there in the winter also My line dancing workshop I went to yesterday was fun. Most of the people there were seniors and the group of ladies from my local class are a lot of fun to be with. We had subway sandwiches for lunch-8 points for ham no mayo and I had a bag of chips I thot was 4 points but it was the bigger bag and was 8 points. Rookie mistake! My group wanted to go out to eat at Red Robin afterward so I went with them. There is nothing point friendly on that menu I got a lettuce wrapped burger but then got suckered into having fries with it, which is stupid bc I'm not that big on fries anyway. Everyone was saying how good they were and I thot they were just meh. Then-everyone wanted to order a tower of donuts to share. I had one mini donut but the damage had already been done and I only have 7 weeklies left now

Anyway. I just have to shake it off and learn from it to make better choices next time around
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:42 PM   #289
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, I wanted to also say I think you should include a doughnut occasionally. There are just some things that are worth the points and are satisfying. Especially when I plan my day well to have plenty of points for a special treat, it makes me happy.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #290
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Patricia I lived in Tulsa at one time. Loved it there. Oklahomans are so friendly. I think you'll find the new smart points are different than the way weight watchers has been in the past. And I am really happy about the beyond the scale emphasis and I feel like it's something that will be doable long term. Looking forward to getting to know you. Hope you post more than lurk But that's ok. I think we have lots of lurkers according to the thread stats
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #291
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
I'm just looking today at my end of the month results and I'm still inching along with losses slower than I would like. But I'm down 10.4 lbs since the first of the year so that sounds better

January -4

February -1.2

March -3

April -2.2

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:09 PM   #292
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Patricia, about your Mexican food and margaritas-they are doable. Just track the points and move on. That's what weeklies are for. I went out last month and overdid it eating Mexican but still lost weight. It's all in how u balance the rest of your week. Just keep tracking your points day by day. It's a matter of playing the long game
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #293
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, that's exciting to have a vacation home to go to. I bet u will want to visit there in the winter also My line dancing workshop I went to yesterday was fun. Most of the people there were seniors and the group of ladies from my local class are a lot of fun to be with. We had subway sandwiches for lunch-8 points for ham no mayo and I had a bag of chips I thought was 4 points but it was the bigger bag and was 8 points. Rookie mistake! My group wanted to go out to eat at Red Robin afterward so I went with them. There is nothing point friendly on that menu I got a lettuce wrapped burger but then got suckered into having fries with it, which is stupid bc I'm not that big on fries anyway. Everyone was saying how good they were and I thought they were just meh. Then-everyone wanted to order a tower of donuts to share. I had one mini doughnut but the damage had already been done and I only have 7 weeklies left now

Anyway. I just have to shake it off and learn from it to make better choices next time around
Sue
Well that is what our weekly points are for.For those times we just have to

I have been really good so far this week. but doesn't look like my scales are knowing it Sometimes when I feel I was good I gain, then when I think I was really bad I loose, so who knows

Yes I meant to say spend our winter there.Just wasn't thinking at the time.I am not certain how cold it gets there, but has to be warmer than here at -10 or more

I still have 30 some weeklies left but still have two more days . I have tried to not use any before,but just can't seem to do it.

You may be surprised at the scales this week and have a loss. From your chart it looks like you are losing each month.
So slowly but surely we will get there
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 04-30-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #294
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 718
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 171
WOE: WW and Optifast
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, thanks for the encouragement but my scale is saying a gain right now. This is such constant work. There's no way I could be up 3 lbs so it's most likely water weight from salty foods I'm working on keeping my attitude up and not overeating like I feel like doing. Sometimes I just plain get in a stinky mood about things not going my way
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #295
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, thanks for the encouragement but my scale is saying a gain right now. This is such constant work. There's no way I could be up 3 lbs so it's most likely water weight from salty foods I'm working on keeping my attitude up and not overeating like I feel like doing. Sometimes I just plain get in a stinky mood about things not going my way
Well my friend, join the crowd. I have been better this week by far than last week and it looks as if I have gained back the 2 lbs I lost last week But I won't know for certain until I weigh in tomorrow evening.

I have passed up so many temptations this week you would not believe it. So I just don't know

We have to keep at it. We have a new week tomorrow (for me anyway) I am thinking yours is Sat ? I still have like 32 weeklies left.Meaning I have only used 7. Compared to last week when I only had 20 something.

It is still cold and rainy here. I am wondering if I will get to plant tomatoes and flowers and enjoy our screened porch this year. I guess we have all summer.

Well good luck on your weigh in this week. Hugs to you.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #296
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member
 
bkramer947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm right here, silly!
Posts: 77
Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Hi All!

Sounds like we are all busy with our activities and our ups and downs with WW! Hang in there, everyone!

Line dancing - sounds fun and a great way to get some exercise!!

My weight has been the same, up and down 1-2 lbs, for about 10 or more days. It's frustrating! I am doing well with the foods and getting exercise. I do not use weeklies (maybe I will start) and I track meticulously. Frustrating to be stuck at this number, or thereabouts, day after day. I am sticking with it, though. Trying not to get grouchy!!!!
__________________
Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #297
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member
 
bkramer947's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm right here, silly!
Posts: 77
Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Posting again! A post above inspired me to add up my monthly loss. I started in March.


March -5.6 lbs
April -9 lbs
May -0.2

I guess it seems better when I look at it like this. The frustrating part is that the 9 lbs in April were in the first two weeks or so, then almost zero since mid-month.

Staying the course!

Thanks, all!
__________________
Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #298
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
Posting again! A post above inspired me to add up my monthly loss. I started in March.


March -5.6 lbs
April -9 lbs
May -0.2

I guess it seems better when I look at it like this. The frustrating part is that the 9 lbs in April were in the first two weeks or so, then almost zero since mid-month.

Staying the course!

Thanks, all!
Beth

Well I lost 2.2 last week gained 1.4 this week and I have been better this week than last week Not going to meeting tonight I am tired and I HATE weighing at night. But there are no other meetings any where close to this area

All we can do is keep trudging along. But as you stated it is so frustrating

Here are my stats.
Jan lost 7.8
Feb lost 4.0
March lost 4.2
April lost 2.4
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 05-02-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #299
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,445
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Gang
Well I had a good weigh in. I was down 2.2 AT LAST So I am hoping I can keep in the downward side of things. I have been trying to get to 229 for about three months now. So frustrating. But mostly my own doings.

Well I am tired and my shoulders and neck are so stiff and hurting. Hubby tried rubbing them but didn't help a whole lot but some.

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Chewie
WW is a great plan . It is my favorite and I have tried them all.
I hope you like it and have great success.
For the recipes look up this post.....
Weight Watchers Tried and True Recipes........ Hope this helps.
Chewie
The WW app is free. Why did you have to pay for it? Just wondering.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #300
Dottie
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 11,664
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo

I wanted to share that amazon has:
"Weight Watchers Instant Pot Smart Points Cookbook: The Complete Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cookbook - with 60 Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot Cooker Recipes Kindle Edition"
on free today, if you are looking
I have NO idea if its any good, but it's free and you can always delete it off your kindle lol
__________________
https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx <--FDA tracking tools
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ <--FDA nutritional counts

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.