Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #301
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post

I wanted to share that amazon has:
"Weight Watchers Instant Pot Smart Points Cookbook: The Complete Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cookbook - with 60 Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot Cooker Recipes Kindle Edition"
on free today, if you are looking
I have NO idea if its any good, but it's free and you can always delete it off your kindle lol
Thank you I'll check it out

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2017, 04:40 AM   #302
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Freestyle
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Dottie, thanks for the heads up. I guess I missed out. Don't see it on there today.

Beth, sometimes using weeklies can actually help with a loss. For me, it seems like I need to stay within dailies Your stats are good. It seems to happen that losses slow after an initial surge. We will get to our goals if we don't give up is the word I hear from those ahead of us on the path

Berta, look at you. Your monthly numbers are really good since January. It's good to step back and get some perspective. I think your good week will show a loss next time. I went to my meeting and it was good but I passed on the weigh in. I'm going to eat mostly salads this week and see if I can get the scale back down. You said it, this can get frustrating. I'm determined to keep my focus though.

I have a potluck to go to today. It's my turn to bring a dessert and I found an interesting one while I was at Trader Joe's Sunday but I think I will probably pass on having some and give away any leftovers. My plan is to have lots of hot tea and think over my choices carefully. I just really need a good week
Old 05-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #303
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Dottie, thanks for the heads up. I guess I missed out. Don't see it on there today.

Beth, sometimes using weeklies can actually help with a loss. For me, it seems like I need to stay within dailies Your stats are good. It seems to happen that losses slow after an initial surge. We will get to our goals if we don't give up is the word I hear from those ahead of us on the path

Berta, look at you. Your monthly numbers are really good since January. It's good to step back and get some perspective. I think your good week will show a loss next time. I went to my meeting and it was good but I passed on the weigh in. I'm going to eat mostly salads this week and see if I can get the scale back down. You said it, this can get frustrating. I'm determined to keep my focus though.

I have a potluck to go to today. It's my turn to bring a dessert and I found an interesting one while I was at Trader Joe's Sunday but I think I will probably pass on having some and give away any leftovers. My plan is to have lots of hot tea and think over my choices carefully. I just really need a good week
Good Morning Sue
Well yesterday was a troublesome one for me. I help with the youth on Wednesday evenings at church and I am the one to take the snacks. I took chicken strips and some snowballs(the little choc. creme filled cakes with coconut and marshmallow on top) and I ate one and boy it was good. But it was like 14 SP So I didn't have points left and got into my weeklies.

Then seems after eating it I wanted to eat other things. But I did get through the night without to much more. SO now today I really need to watch it. I was upset with myself after eating it, but at the time just didn't care.
Why do we do that??

It sounds like you have a good plan on getting the tempting things out of your life. We got this girl, we just have to keep trucking on

Yes I am happy I looked at my weight monthly instead of each week.It does look a lot better doesn't it when we do it that way? Thank you for the inspiration

We're having a single lonely friend from church over for dinner this evening and then watching movies.He and my hubby will be watching Westerns So I will probably be reading or playing games on my phone

I'm fixing baked pork loin chops, corn on the cob and green beans. May fix them a baked potato and roll. Desert will be fruit or SF pudding.

Then they will want popcorn later.

Well Sue I hope we both and everyone else on here have a great week and weigh in this week.

Last edited by Berta48; 05-04-2017 at 08:09 AM..
Old 05-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #304
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/205/145
WOE: WW/SmartPoints
Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
After 4 months of trying different 'gimmicks' to lose weight, I'm back at the WW thread to give yet another version of WW a try. Don't know what this version is called, but points are figured this way.... add 1 point for each 50 calories, add 1 point for each 6 grams of fat and minus one point for each 4 grams of fiber. I know it isn't Smart Points, does anyone know what this version is called?

I really want to lose as much weight as I can in the next 5 months because on September 21, our 54th wedding anniversary, we plan to be married again. We had pretty much a justice-of-the-peace-type wedding because my dad was a preacher and he married us the first time, and I'll just say Dad wasn't the most morale person in the world, so DH and I have talked about remarrying for the past 53 years and have finally decided to take the plunge.

Well, all these years I pictured DH and me standing in front of a preacher, all 3 of us in street clothes and a 3 minute ceremony. Short and sweet. But DH has other ideas. He is telling everyone that he wants the kids and grand-kids there and will have a catered reception. Now I picture a whale (me) waddling down the aisle. I'm 216 pounds. I soooooooooooo hope this point thing works!
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #305
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
After 4 months of trying different 'gimmicks' to lose weight, I'm back at the WW thread to give yet another version of WW a try. Don't know what this version is called, but points are figured this way.... add 1 point for each 50 calories, add 1 point for each 6 grams of fat and minus one point for each 4 grams of fiber. I know it isn't Smart Points, does anyone know what this version is called?

I really want to lose as much weight as I can in the next 5 months because on September 21, our 54th wedding anniversary, we plan to be married again. We had pretty much a justice-of-the-peace-type wedding because my dad was a preacher and he married us the first time, and I'll just say Dad wasn't the most morale person in the world, so DH and I have talked about remarrying for the past 53 years and have finally decided to take the plunge.

Well, all these years I pictured DH and me standing in front of a preacher, all 3 of us in street clothes and a 3 minute ceremony. Short and sweet. But DH has other ideas. He is telling everyone that he wants the kids and grand-kids there and will have a catered reception. Now I picture a whale (me) waddling down the aisle. I'm 216 pounds. I soooooooooooo hope this point thing works!
Bracelet
Sorry, I've no ideas the one you are talking about
I wish you the best on this journey.

Last edited by Berta48; 05-04-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #306
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Bracelet I'm not sure what you are talking about either. I use smart points and there also is a version of weight watchers called simply filling. These are the current versions of the program.

I want to be honest with you about the rate of weight loss you might expect on weight watchers. It is not known as a fast way to lose weight. The big advantage is keeping the weight off after learning a new lifestyle. In my case, I lost about 40 lbs in a year's time. This averages out to less than a pound a week. Some people lose faster, especially if they have a lot to lose.

I don't want to be discouraging, just realistic so U don't end up disappointed after investing effort in a new plan. Let us know how we can be of help to you on your journey.

Sue
Old 05-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #307
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
HI everyone!

Welcome, Bracelet! I wonder if Bracelet is referring to "PointsPlus?" I don't know!

Sue, great strategy about salads and drinking more tea - you are doing great.

Berta, you are also strategizing and planning carefully and staying the course even when it's hard. It sounds like your mindset is wonderful. And I love that you are having a lonely person from church over!!!

Sue, thanks for your encouragement. Today I FINALLY lost 0.6 lbs on my scale at home after like 12-14 days of being up and down the same 1-2 lbs. So I have a new low of 16.4 lbs loss since March 26. I have been going to Orange Theory Fitness this past 8-9 days, and walking a lot, so it seems to be helping. It's a small loss but any loss is appreciated, as we all know!

This weekend I am walking with a friend and going to another Orange Theory Fitness class. I don't know if any of you do OrangeTheory? It's a fitness chain that has locations EVERYWHERE around the USA, or so it seems. They have over 600 locations. It's really cool! It's a one hour group experience but you go at your own pace within the group. It's about half cardio (treadmill and water rowing machines) and the other half is strength training - all kinds of things on the floor (standing, lying down, jumping around, lifting weights, squatting, all kinds of crazy crap that I'm not that good at! LOL). You wear a heart rate monitor and you watch the numbers of your heart rate on a large tv monitor, gauging your ups and downs. I really like it. If you are looking for something to do in terms of fitness, consider trying a free class and see how you like it!

Here's a Non Scale Victory I will share. I feel I am getting so much better at dealing with food in social situations and work-food situations. I am " packing and tracking" and for the most part sticking to my own pre-planned foods even when there are giant and delicious spreads at lunch meetings and parties. I did well at an engagement party - ate lightly healthfully and tracked all, then ate my own food afterward! I am packing for long car rides, long days, hectic days....Doing well in restaurants and feeling in control the majority of the time. It's a good feeling to be in control of my body and my eating plan and not letting the power of food (and addiction) control my health. I hope I can sustain this inner strength because it sure feels good! My weight loss is relatively modest week by week but I am feeling energized from fitness, stronger physically and positive mentally. How's that for an NSV?! : ))

Everyone, let's have a great weekend! Post when you can!!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #308
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Bracelet - a thought - if you don't want to purchase a WW membership, there are some excellent freebie apps and websites to track your food you may want to consider. Good luck!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #309
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/205/145
WOE: WW/SmartPoints
Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
I did more investigating online and learned that when WW came out with the first points plan, it was just called Points. Then they changed to the PointsPlus plan, then SmartPoints. The plan I was referring to is the original points plan.

Quote:
I want to be honest with you about the rate of weight loss you might expect on weight watchers. It is not known as a fast way to lose weight. The big advantage is keeping the weight off after learning a new lifestyle. In my case, I lost about 40 lbs in a year's time. This averages out to less than a pound a week. Some people lose faster, especially if they have a lot to lose.

I don't want to be discouraging, just realistic so U don't end up disappointed after investing effort in a new plan.
Sue, I want to thank you for your honesty. It has saved me lots of disappointment. I will go with my 1500 calorie diet. I know I can do well at losing weight on that, as long as I can stick with it. In October, I can slow down the weight loss and if I am sick of the calorie diet, I might go with SmartPoints then.

Thanks to all for the nice welcome.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #310
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
HI everyone!

Welcome, Bracelet! I wonder if Bracelet is referring to "PointsPlus?" I don't know!

Sue, great strategy about salads and drinking more tea - you are doing great.

Berta, you are also strategizing and planning carefully and staying the course even when it's hard. It sounds like your mindset is wonderful. And I love that you are having a lonely person from church over!!!

Sue, thanks for your encouragement. Today I FINALLY lost 0.6 lbs on my scale at home after like 12-14 days of being up and down the same 1-2 lbs. So I have a new low of 16.4 lbs loss since March 26. I have been going to Orange Theory Fitness this past 8-9 days, and walking a lot, so it seems to be helping. It's a small loss but any loss is appreciated, as we all know!

This weekend I am walking with a friend and going to another Orange Theory Fitness class. I don't know if any of you do OrangeTheory? It's a fitness chain that has locations EVERYWHERE around the USA, or so it seems. They have over 600 locations. It's really cool! It's a one hour group experience but you go at your own pace within the group. It's about half cardio (treadmill and water rowing machines) and the other half is strength training - all kinds of things on the floor (standing, lying down, jumping around, lifting weights, squatting, all kinds of crazy crap that I'm not that good at! LOL). You wear a heart rate monitor and you watch the numbers of your heart rate on a large tv monitor, gauging your ups and downs. I really like it. If you are looking for something to do in terms of fitness, consider trying a free class and see how you like it!

Here's a Non Scale Victory I will share. I feel I am getting so much better at dealing with food in social situations and work-food situations. I am " packing and tracking" and for the most part sticking to my own pre-planned foods even when there are giant and delicious spreads at lunch meetings and parties. I did well at an engagement party - ate lightly healthfully and tracked all, then ate my own food afterward! I am packing for long car rides, long days, hectic days....Doing well in restaurants and feeling in control the majority of the time. It's a good feeling to be in control of my body and my eating plan and not letting the power of food (and addiction) control my health. I hope I can sustain this inner strength because it sure feels good! My weight loss is relatively modest week by week but I am feeling energized from fitness, stronger physically and positive mentally. How's that for an NSV?! : ))

Everyone, let's have a great weekend! Post when you can!!!!
That is WONDERFUL It takes a while but when we get there it feels so good

Seems I've lost some of my will power this week all I want to do eat SO I am not looking forward toweighin in Tuedsday night.I am trying to get a grip on it though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
I did more investigating online and learned that when WW came out with the first points plan, it was just called Points. Then they changed to the PointsPlus plan, then SmartPoints. The plan I was referring to is the original points plan.

Sue, I want to thank you for your honesty. It has saved me lots of disappointment. I will go with my 1500 calorie diet. I know I can do well at losing weight on that, as long as I can stick with it. In October, I can slow down the weight loss and if I am sick of the calorie diet, I might go with SmartPoints then.

Thanks to all for the nice welcome.
you don't have to be on WW to stay here and post you know? We can still be an encouragement to you and help you along this journey.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #311
chewiegand
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again, friends. I haven't been on in a few weeks. I weighed in yesterday, week #5 and have lost 11.6 lbs. Not great, not bad. Counting every bite and planning all the time. I even had pizza and cheesecake this past week and still lost. I will try to be more talkative and come on here more often. I would love to lend support and get some too. I am headed to Dallas for the weekend tomorrow through Monday with dh. I am excited. We are going to a seminar about moving to Panama for retirement. I am 57 but want to retire as soon as possible, like yesterday. Lol Have a good weekend.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #312
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi again, friends. I haven't been on in a few weeks. I weighed in yesterday, week #5 and have lost 11.6 lbs. Not great, not bad. Counting every bite and planning all the time. I even had pizza and cheesecake this past week and still lost. I will try to be more talkative and come on here more often. I would love to lend support and get some too. I am headed to Dallas for the weekend tomorrow through Monday with dh. I am excited. We are going to a seminar about moving to Panama for retirement. I am 57 but want to retire as soon as possible, like yesterday. Lol Have a good weekend.
What in the world are you talking about girlfriend??? 11 lb in 5 weeks is AMAZING
CONGRATULATIONS
That's like 2 lbs a week

PANAMA ? just going to leave the country huh? Well it would be nice. I retired at 55 disability, but just on SS now. Husband will be 76 this year and still working. But he is retired from the military and drawing his SS too.

Do post more often and have a great seminar

Old 05-07-2017, 07:04 AM   #313
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Hello, all! Sounds like everyone is moving forward and sticking with the healthy mindset! Whoohoo.

I am down 2 lbs after a bit of an annoying stall. Yay. Lost 17.8 lbs so far since March. 40 or more to go, but one lb at a time!

I have been exercising more and it is helping my weight and my MOOD!!!! I am under a lot of stress this week at work and am turning to moving my body versus eating as stress management. It really helps!

Mini goals for the week - drink more fluids, keep on moving the body, weigh/track/measure and get enough sleep!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-07-2017, 07:04 AM   #314
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well - post when you can!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #315
Berta48
Berta48

Hello everyone
This has been my worst week ever since joining WW. I have no idea why but I have been eating anything I can think of,or get my hands on.

And I weigh tomorrow evening so I will not be a bit surprised if I gain 6 -7 lbs. No kidding.
But I am going and facing the consequences. I am hoping I have it out of my system.

It's I just get so tired of watching everything I put in my mouth. And I am tired of not being able to to to have all the goodies my hubby sits there and eats. BUT yet I want to loose too,.

So I have to just buck up and get back in there. I just know it is hard after going off .But I have got to do it.Seem EVERY time I get to 232 I go back up. And I get so aggravated at myself because I am only 3 lbs from being in the 20's and I want to get there so bad.

Well enough on ME!

I am hoping you all are doing better than me, and that wouldn't take much

Old 05-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #316
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Chewie, yay you! Awesome progress! Yes!

Berta, it's okay to have ups and downs, peaks and valleys. You are doing it! It's okay! Stay the course as best as you can. Post here. Track even when you don't feel like it. Get enough sleep and water. You can do this and you are doing this!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #317
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, hang in there I sort of know what you're going through. Since I'm now going into my second year of doing all this, I have been going through similar thoughts about going back to old ways. Ultimately, that was not making me happy to eat like that though. What I do is go ahead and have treats I'm craving and track them and try and fit them into my weeklies. I think it's important to regularly include foods I would miss and could set me off into feeling deprived if I don't have them like hostess cupcakes. Every now and then I get a pack of them and I like knowing I can have them anytime I want and I eat them slowly and savor every bite.

I also have been working on bulking up food so I am having a larger, more satisfying volume. Tonite I had 3 sp's of Trader Joe's frozen mashed potatoes and mixed in riced cauliflower which is 0 points. It made a huge bowl and I put lower point butter on them. It was so filling, I had leftovers for a snack tonight.

It is constant work and sometimes can feel tiring but it really is not easier to be overweight is what I remind myself and I think of NSV's like clothes fitting better that make me happy. Eating with other people is the hardest thing for me so I know what you mean about seeing what your hubby eats. I have a couple special low point hot drinks that I have when I need to be comforted and feel like I'm having something good that I like.

We will get there eventually. We have to keep tweaking our approach to find what works for us personally. When things are going wrong for me, I take it as an indication that I need to make some changes that allow for a sustainable plan long term. It's a constant thing to be making a shift in my thinking. I do spend a lot of time on this but it's my life now and so worth it.

I've been doing some additional self care lately and have been rewarding myself for my efforts with some little non food inexpensive items and that makes me feel better about myself. Recent research shows happy people make better choices I'm told
Old 05-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #318
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, you are doing so awesome That is huge that you are establishing a new habit of dealing with stress by being more active. I learned in treatment for binge eating disorder that eating when stressed is just using food as a dysfunctional coping skill. There are certainly more skillful ways to de-stress and it can be uncomfortable to change habit patterns. So I applaud you for the changes you are putting in place one my one. Way to get it done!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #319
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Chewie, yay you! Eating pizza and cheesecake and still losing is what smart points is all about. It's a matter of moderating and balancing with lower point foods on treat days. You've got this. Good for you figuring this out early in the game
Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #320
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, hang in there I sort of know what you're going through. Since I'm now going into my second year of doing all this, I have been going through similar thoughts about going back to old ways. Ultimately, that was not making me happy to eat like that though. What I do is go ahead and have treats I'm craving and track them and try and fit them into my weeklies. I think it's important to regularly include foods I would miss and could set me off into feeling deprived if I don't have them like hostess cupcakes. Every now and then I get a pack of them and I like knowing I can have them anytime I want and I eat them slowly and savor every bite.

I also have been working on bulking up food so I am having a larger, more satisfying volume. Tonite I had 3 sp's of Trader Joe's frozen mashed potatoes and mixed in riced cauliflower which is 0 points. It made a huge bowl and I put lower point butter on them. It was so filling, I had leftovers for a snack tonight.

It is constant work and sometimes can feel tiring but it really is not easier to be overweight is what I remind myself and I think of NSV's like clothes fitting better that make me happy. Eating with other people is the hardest thing for me so I know what you mean about seeing what your hubby eats. I have a couple special low point hot drinks that I have when I need to be comforted and feel like I'm having something good that I like.

We will get there eventually. We have to keep tweaking our approach to find what works for us personally. When things are going wrong for me, I take it as an indication that I need to make some changes that allow for a sustainable plan long term. It's a constant thing to be making a shift in my thinking. I do spend a lot of time on this but it's my life now and so worth it.

I've been doing some additional self care lately and have been rewarding myself for my efforts with some little non food inexpensive items and that makes me feel better about myself. Recent research shows happy people make better choices I'm told
Sue
Thank you for the encouragement and Beth too.
I haven't been able to get logged in here but again the administrators fixed it for me.They are so very helpful.
I gained 5.2 this week But kess than what I thought I had done. So onward I go. Hi Ho, Hi HO

How in the world can the potatoes and cauliflower be zero points Sue?

I LOVE taters

I think I have the binge out of the way.My leader last night was very sweet when she weighed me. She said well you're here
They passed out samples of a new WW food sea salt roasted beans they were real good. But 3 SP. and not very many in a bag.

And she had some gum too. But I hardly ever chew gum cause I always swallow it
Quote:
Chewie, yay you! Awesome progress! Yes!

Berta, it's okay to have ups and downs, peaks and valleys. You are doing it! It's okay! Stay the course as best as you can. Post here. Track even when you don't feel like it. Get enough sleep and water. You can do this and you are doing this!
Beth
Thanks it seems I have more ups than downs.But I will get there.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 AM   #321
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

I agree with your leader Berta. You're still here is the important thing. The riced cauliflower is 0 points. The mashed potatoes were 3 I was exactly the same at weigh in yesterday. I'm in San Jose at my son's for a couple days for early Mother's Day with the grandsons. We had pizza last nite and ya, I blew thru all my weeklies. I haven't been brave enuf to add it all up yet but will today. Lucky I don't have pizza very often but was just in the mood

Part of my problem with eating too much was being too tired yet once again. Grrr. Hopefully I can be better rested today.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #322
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I agree with your leader Berta. You're still here is the important thing. The riced cauliflower is 0 points. The mashed potatoes were 3 I was exactly the same at weigh in yesterday. I'm in San Jose at my son's for a couple days for early Mother's Day with the grandsons. We had pizza last nite and ya, I blew thru all my weeklies. I haven't been brave enuf to add it all up yet but will today. Lucky I don't have pizza very often but was just in the mood

Part of my problem with eating too much was being too tired yet once again. Grrr. Hopefully I can be better rested today.
Hello Sue,
Yes, we have this We just have to buckle down and do it! BUT that's the hard part

My worst time is at night right before going to bed when I am on the PC, I think of different things I have to eat or think of something I can make Also hubby has me in the bad habit of eating while watching TV. I am trying to stop it but it is hard now that I am use to it. But I bought some carrots and cauliflower.I make a dip from Greek non fat yogurt plain and add a couple tbs of Hidden valley green onion dry mix to it and 1 tbs of RF sour cream. I get the entire container for 3 SP

We were invited to eat at a Italian restaurant tomorrow evening with friends and then go to their house for games.But we said we would just meet them at their house after they ate. So I am hoping I can make it through this week and get at least a couple of those 5.2 lbs off

I ordered some candy called Chocolate Leather it is suppose to taste like tootsie rolls and only 3 SP per piece. It is about the size of a big taffy bar. So we'll see.
Hungry Girl sent an email with it listed as a worthy food to buy online.
I found some popcorn that is only 4 SP for the whole box. It is called Skinny Pop I got it at HyVee in butter flavor.I like it and I am thinking since I eat popcorn every night usually popped in oil and for 6 cups it's 8 SP. SO this is half of those SP. Hoping it will help me loose better too.

I am going to my Chiropractor in a few minutes. I am hurting all over.My hips are out and shoulders are tight as they can get.I think I have some ribs out too, I'm a mess

I hope you make it through this week too, and that the pizza didn't harm you to much. Sometimes us girls just gotta do it

Last edited by Berta48; 05-11-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #323
Berta48
Berta48

Hi Gang
I just posted a really good WW Potato Salad recipe on the WW recipe thread. It truly is wonderful!!!

With time for BBQ"S here I thought this would be a great one to post. Let me know if you try any of my recipes I have posted please.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #324
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support and for sharing your thoughts on this process, everyone! Love learning from you all as we traverse the road together.

Today was up 1.2 lbs (I have the bad habit of weighing daily!). However, I had been down the last four consecutive days so it was bound to happen. My legs are SUPER SORE from walking at a higher incline on the treadmill and I think my muscles are holding fluid as they heal. I am trying not to be bummed and to just keep going. I know these ups and downs happen.

Today I had an NSV though - I put on a pair of pants that hadn't fit in a while and voila, they fit! so even though the number on the scale is up today - who cares, the pants fit!!! : ))

Tomorrow I will be doing an Orange Theory Fitness class AND a walk with a girlfriend. Looking forward to earning some Fit Points.

Question - do you guys eat your weeklies? I usually don't but last night I went a bit over on my dailies and dipped into my weeklies, just by 2 points. I wonder if it's recommended to use them more often, to avoid them if possible and save them just for special events, what.....? Not sure.

Have a great day!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #325
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for the support and for sharing your thoughts on this process, everyone! Love learning from you all as we traverse the road together.

Today was up 1.2 lbs (I have the bad habit of weighing daily!). However, I had been down the last four consecutive days so it was bound to happen. My legs are SUPER SORE from walking at a higher incline on the treadmill and I think my muscles are holding fluid as they heal. I am trying not to be bummed and to just keep going. I know these ups and downs happen.

Today I had an NSV though - I put on a pair of pants that hadn't fit in a while and voila, they fit! so even though the number on the scale is up today - who cares, the pants fit!!! : ))

Tomorrow I will be doing an Orange Theory Fitness class AND a walk with a girlfriend. Looking forward to earning some Fit Points.

Question - do you guys eat your weeklies? I usually don't but last night I went a bit over on my dailies and dipped into my weeklies, just by 2 points. I wonder if it's recommended to use them more often, to avoid them if possible and save them just for special events, what.....? Not sure.

Have a great day!!!
Hi Beth
Well they say that is what the weeklies are there for But MYSELF if I use many of them I don't loose as well. And I think they are more for special occasions . I tend to use them everyday and I honestly feel that is part of my gaining problem.

So far this week I haven't used ANY After the 5.2 gain last week I am really trying HARD to loose at least 2 lbs this week.

It's frustrating when I can gain 5.2 in a week then it takes three - four weeks to get it off again. You would think I'd learn

Good for you that you can exercise . I can't, due to my old bones and arthritis.But I have been trying to just move more rather than sitting.

I don't think those 2 weekly points will matter.

Last edited by Berta48; 05-12-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #326
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, hope chiropractor helped u. I've gotten skinny pop b4. I like it. It does help to shave a few points here and there. Busy being carpool gramma today so will check in later ladies.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #327
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, hope chiropractor helped u. I've gotten skinny pop b4. I like it. It does help to shave a few points here and there. Busy being carpool gramma today so will check in later ladies.
Sue
Thanks Yes, it helped I had 4 vertebra out and my tail bone

Enjoy those kiddies.
My little one I watch just arrived, so I gotta go too. Later my friend

Old 05-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #328
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Well, I totally went off the rails with my eating this weekend. I feel like I need to completely clear the slate and start over fresh. I need some big changes it feels like. Not sure exactly what yet. More protein is what I'm leaning towards and I need some good veggie side dish ideas. I did well with Dukan style eating in the past and want to incorporate some of that way of eating again. I'm hoping this lapse has gotten some things out of my system. I'm mainly feeling bored with my same old choices and need to mix it up with some new meal plans is what I'm thinking. And better prepping needs to happen.

I can't even believe the old eating patterns I went back to. Berta, like you said, it's the worst I've done ever on WW's. I don't want to live that old way and I don't want to be fat. I'll be with my sisters in a week and I always lose weight around them. I need to get it together now and shake off a bad few days.

So that's where I'm at right now and it surprises me but I guess it's part of how my journey is playing out. On a positive note, had a great time with my grandsons and my son gave me a beautiful Hibiscus tree for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day my friends
Old 05-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #329
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I totally went off the rails with my eating this weekend. I feel like I need to completely clear the slate and start over fresh. I need some big changes it feels like. Not sure exactly what yet. More protein is what I'm leaning towards and I need some good veggie side dish ideas. I did well with Dukan style eating in the past and want to incorporate some of that way of eating again. I'm hoping this lapse has gotten some things out of my system. I'm mainly feeling bored with my same old choices and need to mix it up with some new meal plans is what I'm thinking. And better prepping needs to happen.

I can't even believe the old eating patterns I went back to. Berta, like you said, it's the worst I've done ever on WW's. I don't want to live that old way and I don't want to be fat. I'll be with my sisters in a week and I always lose weight around them. I need to get it together now and shake off a bad few days.

So that's where I'm at right now and it surprises me but I guess it's part of how my journey is playing out. On a positive note, had a great time with my grandsons and my son gave me a beautiful Hibiscus tree for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day my friends
SUe
Have a WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY TOO

We all have to just do what we have to do. I have been pretty good this week so far. But we are eating out tomorrow so we'll see

I have used about five weeklies.So that is MUCH better than last week where I only had 18 left

Look up recipes online . I have so many I had to by paper protecters and I am going to put them in a notebook.

It is a bit easier now with BBQ's and asparagus and fresh fruit. I bought watermelon and it was good. I also found some really good corn on the cob. It's called peaches & cream at Aldis. We put put our tomato plants in. They are growing, so we'll have those soon.

I hope you find your happy place. I think I have. But don't know how long that will last

Hugs to ya

Old 05-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #330
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, thanks for the ideas. After some research on Connect, I decided to switch to the Simply Filling plan and go with that to change things up. Watermelon really sounds good to me. I've been waiting for them to be in season again. We have some tomatoes growing in pots on our deck but it's turning cold here again so we are going to have to bring them indoors I think at night. Geesh.

Have a great day.