Old 07-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S ROLL CALL, JULY 17

Another fresh week, Silas will be here after school, have some new puzzles to try.

Have a good night!

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. We came back from Vancouver a day early as I took a tumble after leaving the Art Museum and seem to have broken or sprained my wrist as I was trying to break my fall. Will call DR when office opens, as I did not want to sit in ER for hours which is the wait with a non life threatening problem. I think I just pulled the joint on the same hand where I have been having problems for years, so I put my hard brace back on and it seems to have helped a bit. Always something.
The friend we visited in Vancouver is 4th generation Chinese there, so we always go to a fabulous Chinese restaurant when we visit, which we did Saturday night after buying a temporary soft brace. This is one thing I really miss here....really good ethnic food.
Oh, we go to the local Chinese buffet occasionally, but it is like comparing a chain restaurant with a 4 star. For lunch we went to a Middle eastern place and I had a fallafal wrap that was heavenly.
Sunday, on way home, we visited another friend, but decided not to go out for lunch because I was anxious to get home. The cats are mad at us and will not cuddle.
The Monet exhibit.....Money was a very prolific painter and I did not feel this small exhibit really conveyed the genius of his work or how he changed the art world. But it was heaven to see some of his work, nevertheless.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Monet, not money! Grrr I get so angry at autocorrect!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
mykneesareback

Babette, I'm so sorry to read that you fell and suffered a bad wrist injury, and away on a trip makes it even worse. I hope you have an appointment today to find out what is what. Too bad the Monet exhibit was not as good as you hoped it would be, but at least you saw it!! You didn't have to go to Europe.... Your Chinese meal sounds wonderful, too. And I've only had Falafel at a Renaissance Faire now and then, but I liked them. I guess Red and Blue will get over their snit by tomorrow. Hope you can handle the painful wrist without strong men's.

It's 91 and feels like 102, no wind makes it feel worse, but oh well. Someone posted, only 7 more Sunday's before Fall, on FB, lol. I'm looking forward to it.

Hoping you Fine Folks here are having a decent Monday.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Begete, so sorry to hear about your tumble. I sincerely hope it's just a sprain, a broken wrist will not be fun. I say that after dealing with that broken arm last winter. Love hearing about all that good food. We had a little discussion this weekend here on Thai food........what are your thoughts?

Doris, been meaning to ask if Silas will let you read to him. Simple stuff, cartoons, etc.? A book with lots of pictures, few words? We have the same temperatures here........93 feels like 102. Supposed to have storms later this evening.

Julie, I had one heck of an IBS attack today. Mine is not food related, just nerves, anxiety, etc. And I can make myself anxious over most anything anymore.

Have a good day girls.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Sorry to hear about that tumble Begete. Hope your wrist is not broken. Been there.
Glad that you enjoyed your visit with friends, good food and fine art. Sounds like a plus to me.

Doris, I think our weather here in Ky is about the same. Hope Silas enjoys the puzzles. Did you try the bingo yet?

At the Hospice office this am. An uneventful day just the usual assembling folders and catching up on some Xeroxing for the folders.

Shopped at Aldi, there seemed to be quite a bit of traffic.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
mykneesareback

Ginny, are you anxious about your step daughters visit coming up, and how to entertain her? I would have that weighing on my mind, too.

Loretta, at least you keep busy at the Hospice center, doing clerical work. Is it ever a sad place to be.? I suppose it's like being at the hospital but no one gets well. When I watched that nurses at the hospice where my husband was, I was amazed at how they did what they did, and they had several other patients, too. Glad your weather is hanging well for the time being.

Making meatloaf for our dinner. Seems like we are overloading on chicken lately.Everything but the squawk!

Pleasant evening, friends. Julie, hope your ggd is improving still.

Babette, did you see the Dr. To evaluate your wrist today?

Old 07-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Yep, very anxious, ha
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #9
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...Ginny's post reminded me of something that may interest Silas. I was asking around about gifts for a 6 year old as one of my Canadian friends has a 6 year old granddaughter and several people mentioned interactive coloring books. So I bought 2 plus some crayons and markers and spent under $10. Not sure why they are called interactive because all it is from what we could see is a combo of a coloring book and stickers.

Went to hospital today for x-ray. Not broken so just bad sprain.