Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #91
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Yes, Leona, that was me about the "thing around my mom's neck" LOL ike
Sounds like you've really found what works for you! Congrats!
it took me a while to get where I am with a hearing aid, but it does indeed help.

my hearing will never be like it used to be - that is life

I was told it is an aid, just like people use an aid for walking - cane, walker, etc. it helps but still it is not the same as when was younger ( I'm 74 now )

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #92
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
They have made a world of difference for my nearly 90-yr-old mom. Her dad was profoundly deaf when he died (pretty young, 76) and no hearing aids at the time could help him.

An aunt by marriage is also 90 and has tried every hearing aid out there. She is quite well and quite active, but simply can barely hear a thing. She's always been so outgoing, and this has really shut her out of so much.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #93
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Leona, dh says the same thing.. the Aids aren't like natural hearing, but better than not hearing. He is 72!

Went to my acupuncture gal today for my bladder. Allergies are drippy now.,probably Oak/cedar, so it is always worse. I haven't been treated for trees yet. Trying to pass grass..

Kids got their driveway poured today. Each little step is exciting for them.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #94
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

It's funny, Carolyn, with your descriptions of your DS & DDIL's house being built, I can remember our own house being built in the 60s. Haven't thought of it much until you reminded me. We'd go by each Sunday after church to see what had been done (no workers on Sunday).
Old 04-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #95
CarolynF

They are excited! I'm sure they perk in the windows when it's not a mucky mess n the yard.

Went to a 90th birthday party for a nice man at church today. He lives by himself and does really well.

Now, another appetizer party at my friend's house where I babysit the cats. They will be hiding for sure. My Alex would run to meet people at the door. But not these kitties.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #96
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! How sweet of Alex! Didn't know he was so social. Bless him.
My sister and I were at my mother's today. DH and I went to a funeral this morning, then I went to DS's then to mother's. Just a really nice visit.

I think an appetizer party sounds GREAT!

Last edited by JMCM1; 04-28-2018 at 07:54 PM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #97
CarolynF

Yes, Alex was extremely social.. lolol. I'd have a meeting of women here and he needed his own chair.

Glad you had a nice visit today with your family. Appetizers were good. I made that crescent roll veggie pizza. It makes a lot. I should have done one package of rolls.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #98
CarolynF

Hi gals..

I had a funny looking thing in my tire, so had dh look at it..Didn't want to pull it out or the tire would deflate. He took it to the tire shop. I actually exercised for 40 minutes at the gym. Toni gives us the code to go in when she is not there..She has a second job cleaning the hospital..

Well, dh is going to a new doctor today in Parsons. He looks very cute and is 41, so dh thinks that he has been practicing a while, but isn't an old guy (like him). LOL..Wonder
what he will say. I'll stay home and knit.

Allergies are horrible now. I think it is Oak and Maple now.

New family moved next door..The guy is a Lineman for the electric company so he is buff, the mom is a cheerleader looking person. Well, we have a lake right in our back yards. I never had to worry about our kids as they were older when we moved, or the previous owners because she watched her kids like a hawk..Well, the two year old goes running down the hill to the lake on Saturday. There is a rickety dock there. Gary is getting his shoes on to rescue him..NO parents in sight. But then we saw the elementary school boys on the dock.
Finally, the parents came out on the deck of the house, which is 100 yards away. The lake is deep right there..

Well, this really bothered Gary a lot, and he is very diplomatic, so he went over there yesterday to talk to the Dad and the Grandpa was there, too. The dad said, Yes the 2 year old got away from them twice yesterday..LOLO..AKKKK.. They are going to get a rope in case someone falls in and lifejackets. Sometime. We had a good friend whose grandson drowned in their pond while the mom took a nap. Gary shared that story. So, it should be interesting. I told him to tell them about the snakes and snapping turtles and the poison ivy down there. He figured out they would find out about the poison ivy soon enough.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #99
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my GOSH. I hope they had ears to hear!
Just the snakes, turtles & poison ivy should be sufficient information! I would hate to hear if they do nothing or not soon enough. No 2-year-old has the judgment they need.

So sorry about your allergies. It is miserable, I know. I mean, not me right now, but when it's miserable, it's miserable.

Getting a little more used to going over to the new place. I am SO GRATEFUL we have someplace to go!! Love "seeing" you there.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #100
CarolynF

He didn't tell them about the snakes, but that is why I don't go down there. I went down there once in 21 years! I like the deck.

Let's stay here one more month and then we can switch in June..does that sound okay??

Old 04-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #101
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
He didn't tell them about the snakes, but that is why I don't go down there. I went down there once in 21 years! I like the deck.

Let's stay here one more month and then we can switch in June..does that sound okay??
Yes! 1 more month.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #102
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Judy, come on over

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=892571

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.