Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
SlimFast
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimFast
Stats: 251+/204.8/115
WOE: Cycling 72hr Water Fasts w/ Keto Meals
Start Date: Discovered Dr. Fung on September 27, 2016
Stalling. :-(

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone experienced a stall around week 4 of strict QWL?

I got back on the horse on August 22, and lost 17 lbs by last Friday. I weighed today and have only lost a pound this week. It's better than going up, of course, but I can lose a pound a week eating much freer than QWL, so if I am going to do this thing then I need to see RESULTS!

TOM is nowhere near due. Eating has been very clean (basically chicken breast) though I do allow myself to have natural cold cuts (0g carbs, <5g fat) while out and about. I specifically pick extra lean ham or turkey breast on these occasions.

I do not eat any dairy at all (even on plan items), or condiments. I don't drink anything but water, period. I do eat eggs, up to 4 in a day.

Oh, also, I combine QWL with JUDDD so I fast every M/W/F and eat QWL (about 900-1100 calories) the remaining 4 days each week. I feel fantastic. Tons of energy. No hunger (the 900-1100 calories is me basically stuffing my face, with 3 meals a day plus snacks, and my down days are super easy to get away with eating almost nothing) and it is a plan that, stall aside, I could see continuing on for months!

Thoughts? I feel like I should just persevere until next week at least, but I was hoping if others experience a 4th week stall it might encourage me.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by SlimFast; 09-16-2016 at 11:54 AM..
SlimFast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Are your UD 900-1100 calories? How much do you weigh? That may not be enough and could cause a slow down. I mean I think you will have weeks where you don't lose as much as others anyhow. But it does sound like you are doing super low calorie.
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I don't do Judd so I don't know about that but I know lack of water and not going to the washroom as much can affect my weight loss. I would try taking a multi vitamin so your body isn't holding onto anything because it looks like nutrients
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #4
SlimFast
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys. Yes, a FORCED 900-1100 calories. I am just not hungry at all. On my UD's I feel like I am constantly shoving lean meats in from morning through evening. I even added breakfast to try to get the calories up. There's absolutely no way I can up my Stillman's calories even more. This won't be an issue when I can have veggies, fruits, fats, dairy in maintenance, but right now? I already feel like eating double and triple portions of chicken breast is excessive - including for the budget, haha!

I am 230 lbs. I have plenty to lose still.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #5
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Ok so you are eating about half of what's recommended for up days for your weight. When I weighed 230 lbs my ud's were 2200 calories. As weird as it sounds you are not eating enough. I think the reason Juddd works is because your body doesn't get used to being super low calorie. One day you feast the other day famine, you are just having constant famine. This will make you lose weight but at some point your body will try to hold on to every calorie cause it's thinks it's starving. I think you should think about maybe just being HFLC on your ud's and then stillmans dd's. Remember QWL was only recommended to be done for 2 weeks at a time because it's not a sustainable WOE. Your brain and body needs fat.
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I think most ppl who do Judd only do the down days as stillmans. If you want to stick with the all meat thing maybe try to up your fat on the up days like having bacon and cheese. Again I don't know ton about Judd

I do know that sometimes you need a break from stillmans even if it's just to have a few low carb veggies. I have never done stills for longer than 2 weeks without having at least a salad or some veggies and at most a full on binge (don't recommend that one lol) figure out what works for you. Some people can have only chicken for months and other people like me need a weekend off every now and then.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
SlimFast
Senior LCF Member

Mentally, I'm perfectly happy with stillmans. No "diet fatigue" at all so this is 100% a physical thing.

I still haven't lost anything this week, again.

Maybe I do just need a "break" weekend every 3-4 weeks. I will have a bit of a feasting weekend this weekend and re-evaluate in another 2 weeks.

Thanks so much guys!