Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #121
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: montecarlono1
Stats: 210.6/ever-changing /140
WOE: Medi-weightloss, low carb
Start Date: 8/26/16
Weigh in day... -2.5

Bringing my total loss to 18.1 ando waist circumference 38 down to 34.5

Got to see the NP today and my goal for the next 10 weeks is 10-20 lbs.

So staying on plan as much as possible meaning when I am working it's almost impossible to drink the water needed and eat every few hours.... I am being more aware of the moments I have to take care of the necessary things like drink water and eat LOL!
I also went to the gym after my appointment stairmaster for 20 minutes and elliptical for 15 minutes so I'm glad I have off tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
montecarlono1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #122
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
I love your statement...On my own I can justify anything. Isn't that true? This is exactly why I need to weigh at the clinic!
I hope you have a great evening! Hang in there!
Great great statement love that!

Paducah....way to go on your loss of 50
Old 10-28-2016, 06:35 AM   #123
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Happy Friday everyone or Happy FriYAY as I like to say!

Hope everyone is doing well - welcome Valerie! I hope your weigh in went well this week! I know you've done this journey before but there is a wealth of information in some of the older Medi weight loss "year" threads. I went back and read all the 2015 & 2014 threads and it gave me a lot of ideas on what to eat for different meals. You know, sometimes you get sick of eating something all the time and it's always helpful to find new ideas for food.

And Paducah - YOU GO GIRL! 50lbs is nothing to laugh at, that's a major goal. I was ecstatic to hit that goal and I felt like I could stop there and say hey, yeah I made it but seems like this journey doesn't end. And I'm thinking it doesn't, it's a life long journey, right? So with that thought in mind, I went back to Medi on Monday and rejoined. I had gained 3.8lbs since I stopped on September 12 which is not a big deal but the holidays are coming and I don't want to gain over the holidays. Visiting with my mother stresses me out (they live in another state) and is one of the few things that really triggers me to over eat so i want the accountability of Medi to help keep me on track. I know if I am paying $$$ to lose weight and that no matter what, come next Monday I have to weigh in, that will (or at least should) keep me on track. I've been able to travel for work and stay on plan and even lose weight during business trips so hopefully family won't stress me out during Thanksgiving. We'll see.

Montecarlono - good luck with you! I don't know how you stay on plan with those long shifts. I know that when I don't get my water in, it majorly affects my weight. I don't have hectic shifts like yours (I work from home) but do you have a little work frig where you can put things? turkey pepperoni has been a LIFE saver for me as well as these little turkey sausage stick things I get at my grocery store (brand is called Old Wisconsin and are in the jerky section of the grocery store). I also always have on hand sliced deli meat like turkey or chicken so if I need something QUICK because I'm famished or know I'll be in a situation where I need to grab some protein fast, I will put some of that deli meat on a slice of lower-fat swiss cheese, roll it up and eat it. It really helps me in a pinch. It's actually what I take with me when I go out of town for business as I don't always know what my day will hold for me so I always have that as back up. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

I started a new rowing class last week and OMG it is majorly kicking my butt! where's Nightmare I wonder??? He's always working out. I thought I was pretty fit with my walking and my spin but man, rowing is a whole new world! It is only twice a week but I LOVE IT! I swear I do not have a core, I just don't. I've always had a weak stomach, never toned even when I was younger. And rowing blows my mind for how much it really works my core. So maybe there are abdominal muscles underneath there after all!

Good luck everyone with this Halloween weekend! I don't really feel too tempted this year with candy and my youngest daughter is now too old or so she says for trick or treating so hopefully no candy in the house this Halloween! Good luck peeps and keep up the good fight!!!

Last edited by MSQueen68; 10-28-2016 at 06:36 AM..
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #124
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamamia9
So, things have been crazy for me that I havent been able to eat as often as I should. For the past two days, the hunger and cravings are so intense that I just want to eat bad stuff all day! It all started two days ago when I joined in and had 1 slice of pizza with my kids. It didnt stop there, I also had some french fries the next day! Aghhh!! So today Im back to eating good, and trying to get back on the wagon but the hunger continues. Did it ever happen with you guys and what did you do to stop? I wonder If I get kicked out of ketosis and that's why I have all this cravings. I'm so close to goal and I can almost feel it!! Now I have to lose the 2 pounds gain from that 1 slice of pizza and more! (
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #125
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paducah
Thanks! Sometimes I feel like that little engine that could and just repeat, "I think I can, I think I can!"
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #126
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamia9 View Post
So, things have been crazy for me that I havent been able to eat as often as I should. For the past two days, the hunger and cravings are so intense that I just want to eat bad stuff all day! It all started two days ago when I joined in and had 1 slice of pizza with my kids. It didnt stop there, I also had some french fries the next day! Aghhh!! So today Im back to eating good, and trying to get back on the wagon but the hunger continues. Did it ever happen with you guys and what did you do to stop? I wonder If I get kicked out of ketosis and that's why I have all this cravings. I'm so close to goal and I can almost feel it!! Now I have to lose the 2 pounds gain from that 1 slice of pizza and more! (
Yes..that happens to me every time I go out of ketosis! The best thing to do is go back to protein only for a few days and then work in veggies. It is so tough to fight the cravings. I've discovered, the more I have little nibbles of something or 1 slice of pizza, etc...it's easier to have a little cheat again. Such a cycle...so I really try not to even taste something. Of course there are times I fail at that but it's better if I can stay strict.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #127
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

So...I discovered something this week that I think has been part of my problem the last few weeks. Backstory...I struggle with perfectionism...I know this about me and have learned to deal with it. Well...I've always hated setting goals, mainly because I don't want to face it if I don't meet them...it's that perfectionism thing. So, since I've joined Medi I have a big goal...lose 100 lbs. by March when we go on a cruise. But I didn't set little goals or a time frame, like lose 3lbs a week. Back in August I set a goal of reaching 50lbs lost by my birthday in Oct. AND...since I've set that goal I've struggled. Then, once I hit that goal...I've realized that I've been battling the thinking that I'm finished b/c I met a goal. All that to say...here's what I've discovered about myself...I have a new thinking pattern to overcome...just because I reach a goal doesn't mean it's over and I can go back to the old patterns. The goal is not the end all...I need to be committed to maintaining my goal, whether that be a weight loss goal or exercise goal. This isn't a journey that ends when I reach my goal, it's a lifestyle change. I know that and say that but don't think I've really believed that. I still see the goal as the finish line. Might seem trivial to some, but it was a big revelation to me this week. I don't know about anyone else, but this journey is just as much about overcoming mental and emotional obstacles as it is physical ones. Hopefully overcoming this now will help me when I reach maintenance!
Old 10-28-2016, 07:03 PM   #128
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Good for you MSQueen 68! Glad you decided to rejoin if that helps you stay on track!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #129
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Sorry for being a ghost, been really busy with school. Been grinding along on this diet too. Last weigh in had me at 222.5. I go in today so I'll be back later with an update and a more detailed post. I had a really detailed post typed up but accidentally clicked off the page and lost it. So frustrating lol.

MS - Glad to hear the maintenance is going well!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! I see you like doing the training classes. Do you do the same ones on the same day of the week or do you do random ones on random days? Also what are your training goals? Do you lift weights?

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

You guys should post weekly updates, be proud of the hard work your putting in!!!!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:53 AM   #130
ketogurl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ketogurl
Hi Ladies! I am on my fourth week of Medi, down 11.5 pounds so far. Suddenly this week I am starting to notice it in my clothes etc, and it is really helping me stay on track. Are any of you on the "regular" version (the one without the shakes and snacks?) I was thinking of switching to that one so I can chew more of my food but was looking for some opinions. Hope everyone has a great day!
ketogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #131
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Good Morning Everyone! Well, my last post was about a month ago and I was considering going back to the clinic. I scheduled an appt and then we had a hurricane coming so I had to cancel, long story short, I put off rescheduling. This week I spent some time really looking at things, especially the cost, I was going to order some supplements off the website and try again, I probably would have spent close to what my first appt would be ordering stuff on line. So, I made an appointment for this morning to go back to the clinic.

I really feel I need the accountability factor, I don't know why, you would think that after losing the weight before and how great I felt, that would be enough. But for some reason it's not. I also really like the support I get from the staff at our clinic. I will let you all know how it goes and try to get back here and post more often.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:49 AM   #132
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member

MSQueen68 - thank you for the tip...I have been very conscious of what I have been taking with me lately....the turkey pepperoni being one of them they are such a quick snack.
On my long shifts:
530-6am protein shake (medi or, Atkins or premier protein)
Somewhere in between this time and 12 I will have a boiled eggs or some turkey pepperoni.
IF...I get to sit down and eat lunch it will be a salad with 4oz chicken and some Brianna vinaigrette dressing...IF NOT....
I carry those packs of zippers with me and nosh on those. Maybe a cheese stick or another boiled egg...
All the while trying to drink water whenever I can....then I get home about 745 pm and have some egg beaters or something similar low carb.

BTW: I went to my weekly weight in -4.5lbs ( - 22.6lbs total)

I have been going to the gym 1x per week and doing the stairs master last week I conquered 80 floors!
Paducah- being perfect in not a flaw it's a goal trying to meet your goal is perfect....we all have goals that's all they are goals....just because you didn't meet your original goal by a specific date doesn't mean you have fail it just means you are still on track.....
Falling off shouldn't count.... it's the times that you get back up that do

Ketogurl- Yaya! Way to go on your loss!!!

Krene- good for you for taking the step towards your health aren't you worth it? I think so!

Nightmare - I he it when I write something really good and then BAM! It's gone ...lol so how did you do?

Hope ya'll have a good week!
Old 11-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #133
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
My first weigh in is tomorrow, it will be a little over a week since I started, had to reschedule since I had company. Based on my scale, I have done pretty good. However, this time the clinic gave me the keto strips to use each day, starting on day 3. So far, they don't show that I am in ketosis? Has this happened to anyone else? They didn't use them when I went before, but I steadily lost weight.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote