Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
rbpierce
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rbpierce
First week done- no fat loss?!?

I'm a 35 year old male, 250.

I did the first week of 1000 cal protein, divided into 3 meals of 250 cals and 2 snacks of 125 cals. I didn't really have much trouble staying on the plan, and I didn't feel bad doing it. However...

... went in for my first weigh-in today, start of week 2. They told me I had lost 7.6 pounds, which I was quite happy with. They didn't break down the numbers though (and I didn't know to ask). When I went online and looked at my chart, that 7.6 lbs broke down to:
- 5.4 lbs water
- 0.2 lbs fat
- 2.0 pounds other I guess? Muscle?

I was really conscientious keeping my Rx schedule, weighing foods, drinking water. I didn't cheat. I documented everything. I didn't use any sauces on my foods, I drank water and occasionally unsweetened tea.

What happened?!? That 7.6 number is looking pretty sad in light of the low % of actual fat loss
rbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
rbpierce
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the support, friends...

For any others who find this thread, an update.

Talked to the dietician today. The fat percentages that the scale reports are iffy at best- they are impacted by the amount of water in your body, your electrolyte levels, density of muscles, etc. He said to ignore the reported fat mass loss percentages, and focus on the total weight. For the record:

Week 1:
7.6 pounds total loss
.2 pounds of fat mass loss.

Week 2:
4.2 pounds total loss
7.8 pounds of fat mass loss

I wish.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
I think in the first week of weight loss on Medi, it is a pretty much a low carb diet and you lose a lot of water in that first week. I think also for the first week or so, your body is trying to adjust to a very radical change in diet.

I lost 11lbs the first week but then I was only given 600 calories per day for that first week and protein only, no veggies, no fruits no nothing else except for low fat protein. I did add half and half to my coffee in the morning. The second week I got veggies only. Still 600 calorie per day diet. I think I lost 3 1/2lbs the second week.

I would really recommend going back and reading thru some of the older threads, the 2015 and 2014 ones especially. There were some very successful people posting at that time and I learned a lot reading thru them. Since March of this year, I've lost 52 lbs and managed not to gain anything over Thanksgiving and I'm very happy about that.

Good luck!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
rbpierce
Junior LCF Member

Week 13:
41.6 pounds total los
53.8 pounds fat loss

Last edited by rbpierce; 02-07-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Old 02-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #5
ENDZONE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ENDZONE
Stats: 260/200/199 (1st goal)
WOE: Plain Low Carb
Start Date: 07/05/2008 Restart 04/1/13 approx. 236
How are they determining that the loss is fat?
ENDZONE is offline   Reply With Quote