Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
Cavegirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cavegirl
Stats: 250/201/147
WOE: variants of keto & low carb & PSMF
Start Date: On & off since 2006!
NEWBIE TO STILLMANS

Hi everyone,

I've been low carbing on an off since 2006. I was very active on lowcarbfriends some years ago under the username legrandeginge but I changed that user name and also, loads of my posts were deleted, along with everyone else's during the annual spring cleans

My story;

I had no weight issues really, until my first pregnancy. I went from 145 lbs (I'm 5ft 8) to 230 lbs. I got back down to 160lbs very quickly with general low carb, but then took 18 months to get down to 150lbs using sporadic fat fasts. I then got pregnant again.

Second pregnancy went very wrong and the baby had a genetic hormonal disorder that also caused me huge hormonal issues and even though I barely ate and vomited after everything I ate, I gained 50 lbs in 4 months. We lost that baby. And I was devastated.

Afterwards, I managed to lose about 25 lbs in 4-5 months with low carb. Then got pregnant again.
My hormones were still out of whack and by then end of the next pregnancy and birth of our lovely second daughter, I was over 250 lbs. I was unable to walk and had huge mobility issues during that pregnancy and for a few years afterwards (until I had spine surgery in 2015). I had produced so much HcG that all my ligaments had gone very loose and this destabilised my lower spine and pelvis. Then all my lumbar discs prolapsed. It was a mess.

So....

Since 2012 I have tried every diet imaginable. Atkins, Slimming World, Xenical (fat blocker pills), VLCD (prescribed very low calorie packet food diets & shakes), keto, personal trainer, low GI etc etc, working out 4 hours a day to create massive deficits. I have managed to get down to around 200 lbs over 4 years but have stayed there really. I have been unable to get any lower than 200 lbs over the last 8 months.

I am an obsessive research nerd and will always tend to base my actions on best available evidence and science, however, there is just sooooo much information out there on fat loss, much of it contradictory that it makes my brain spin.

I think my metabolism is okay atm because whether I am on a diet or not, my weight seems pretty stable, but for whatever reason, my body is one hell of stubborn SOB.

I really like the writing of Lyle Mcdonald and his protein-sparing-modified-fast is very similar to Stillman's, so whilst it's all pretty extreme, I'm going to give it a serious go.

So lean meats here I come! I plan to include light mayo (rather than light cottage cheese) and also have added protein soy milk in my tea. I will also have konjac products (zero calorie noodles & spaghetti with high fibre content) and low fat protein shakes.

I'm planning to do occasional "re-feeds" when I need to at maintenance calories to keep my metabolism healthy and my leptin levels up.

The biggie for me is going to be not drinking. I've cut right back already to one bottle of wine a week/fortnight but i'm going to try and stay away till i've broken my stall.

Anyway, that's me! Pretty desperate but committed!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
yoohoo? how are you making out, Cavegirl?
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote