Old 07-31-2017, 04:38 AM   #1
Lucky21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucky21
Stats: 283/246/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: WLS: 8/24 bypass scheduled!
Marco?

I came by to read up on some of my favorite people and it seems like the WLS board is empty! I admit I haven't been back for some time but I really wanted to "see" everyone and get the virtual lift I get whenever I read your posts helping each other and sharing challenges and successes.

If anyone is out there here is a quick recap of me: did low carb faithfully and lost 60 lbs. Was working out, eating right, and the weight stopped coming off. I looked good but got very frustrated and made bad choices - totally my fault.

In 2011 I got the Lap Band. It was not successful for me. I gave it 5 years - I only lost 20 lbs and that was in the first 6 months. It works for some but not for me. I also got married, had a baby, and got a new job in that time so I wasn't just sitting on my duff!

I decided to get the band removed before I had any further issues (was causing some discomfort) and while speaking with the surgeon she suggested a gastric bypass. After doing much research and speaking with others who have had the same procedure I decided to do it.

So here I am, past all my clearances and just waiting for my surgery at the end of August. I am so hopeful that this will help, along with modified low carb, to free me not only from the extra weight but help with my type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholestorol. I so want to be off these meds! And I need to be around for my child - get healthy and get control.

I know WLS is just a tool and my tool box must be filled with healthy eating, exercise, and SUPPORT. Will you help me? You are all so wonderful and I feel like I can do this with you cheering me on.

Thanks in advance for help. Anything you wish to share that you think will help is welcome.
Lucky21 is offline   Reply With Quote