Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Time4Change
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Time4Change
Stats: 238.8/213/135
WOE: Whatever it takes
Start Date: 1/11/2017
Juddd-poll. Feeling discouraged

Hello. I have been trying to lose weight since January. I have pretty much been doing low carb. I have lost almost 30 pounds, but I have lost nothing in the past 4 months. I am trying not to get discourage, but it is hard.

Numerous times, I have tried to go on Juddd, but I can't seem to stick to it. I work night shift 3 days a week. My body goes back to day shift on my days off. I get about 3 hours sleep on days I work and I don't get much of s nap after my last night of working.

Need a little motivation. Can y'all tell me how much y'all have lost and if you did low carb, keto, or just what ever you wanted to eat within your calorie range. I did Juddd a few years ago and lost 20 pounds, but I wasn't working nights.
Time4Change is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
Your post said JUDDD but I saw you were discouraged and I wanted to reach out to you. I made up my mind after the first of this year that I was sick of being sick, tired, depressed and overweight. I stumbled on to this website one day and I started lurking, I continued to lurk for a long while, in that time I realized I was not alone in this struggle, I saw their were lots of people just like me who were fighting the good fight. Some days they weren't perfect, some days they were sad and some days they didn't know why they made the food decisions they made. I discovered that their were those who kept at it, they kept trying and they were making progress. They made mistakes but know one judged them they tried to help them. The people who had been around a while helped the new ones and the advice they gave helped others. I also saw that their were a lot of people who had lost the weight and kept it off for years. That's what I wanted and those people might just be able to help me get it. I joined up and came out of the shadows, I was gonna give it every thing I had this time. I started Atkins 72 and It has really worked for me. I also started a regular exercise routine that has been instrumental in helping me. I hit my goal weight this month and I hope to join with those who keep the weight off for many years to come.
You can make this work if you really want it. Make yourself a priority. What ever program you pick someone will be there to help you along or just listen.
Don't be discouraged!!!!Be determined!!!
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
Time4Change
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Time4Change
Stats: 238.8/213/135
WOE: Whatever it takes
Start Date: 1/11/2017
Thank you for the encouragement. I have been sticking to less than 20 grams of carbs. My lowest weight about 4 months ago was about 4 pounds less than I am now. I stick to my carb count even when I go on vacation. I have never been more dedicated to losing weight and getting healthier than I have been this year. I am not going to give up. I considering going back to Juddd. Just want to give low carb a break.
Time4Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #4
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
I'm glad your not giving up. I wish you the best in what ever you decide
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
I love JUDDD!! I have been able to keep my weight in check now with using JUDD, not as 100% now that I am in Main Land.

Welcome to the best weight loss diet I have ever found!

Old 08-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #6
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
I *love* JUDDD, so, so much I'm really trying to resist converting you on the spot!

But I would say: if you're not miserable* doing low carb at present, stick with it. Get advice from all those wonderful wise LCers on the main forum on how to fine-tune your WOE to break your plateau.

JUDDD, for me, is very hard to do when you're short on sleep. It sounds like your current working hours stand in the way of getting consistent good sleep.

*My story: I was definitely miserable on LC, even though I lost like crazy. I just could not give up rice or fruit. I started and restarted a million times. Finally one of the wise long-time LCers on LCF said that I should try JUDDD.

Wish you the best of luck, whatever you decide!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:06 AM   #7
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 162/130
WOE: JUDDD LC Maintainance
I have lost 25 pounds on LC JUDDD. I keep my carbs low (0-30 ish depends on the day), and eat within my boundaries according to the calculator...lots of days I don't worry about calories on UDs because w LC they are naturally lower...I'm not as hungry. Its definitely a great weight loss method. I started JUDDD because I did notice stalling just doing LC, and if I don't see results, I tend to quit. Anyway, JUDDD combined w LC works for me...Good luck

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #8
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahna
Stats: 218.2/ 145.8/ 147
WOE: Juddd / OMAD/ IF
Start Date: October 2013 started weight loss journey
So many options to consider tweaking to make Juddd work for you.

Consider eating your allotted Juddd calories inside a window. For example I usually have One main meal a day on both Up and down days inside a 4-5 hour window -/+ You could also try different windows of time to your preference, 5 hours, 6 hours, 7 hours, 8 hours, they all may help

Another thing, some people can actually start losing when they add carbs back in. Juddd is already low carb every other day even without trying usually, especially if calories are 350-500 it is usually low or moderate carb on down days without even counting the carbs or consciensly trying. By not restricting carbs on Up days you may give your body the advantage of a Carb Cycling plan without even trying.

I do eat carbs on both UP and down days but I usually restrict most of my food into One meal.

protein... it raises metabolism and by upping protein and letting carbs happen however (but staying within your Juddd calories) this helps to buffer the effect of carbs.

I use gelatin and almonds on Up days usually and gelatin on down days. Gelatin is high in protein and low in calories.

Also I have put together hundreds of links in the sticky above called Juddd Information and Links . Check it out. Lots of positive testimonials and all kinds of answers for all kinds of questions

I'm a Juddd girl. 5 feet 6.5" Goal 147 lbs
Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Been in maintenance for 3.5 years+ (Not perfect)

Juddd Maintenance: Juddd + OMAD Lifestyle (One Meal a Day) One main meal a day with "snack" inside a 4-5+ hour window on both Up and Down days

Last edited by Ahna; 08-31-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Ahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:47 AM   #9
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4Change View Post
Hello. I have been trying to lose weight since January. I have pretty much been doing low carb. I have lost almost 30 pounds, but I have lost nothing in the past 4 months. I am trying not to get discourage, but it is hard.

Numerous times, I have tried to go on Juddd, but I can't seem to stick to it. I work night shift 3 days a week. My body goes back to day shift on my days off. I get about 3 hours sleep on days I work and I don't get much of s nap after my last night of working.

Need a little motivation. Can y'all tell me how much y'all have lost and if you did low carb, keto, or just what ever you wanted to eat within your calorie range. I did Juddd a few years ago and lost 20 pounds, but I wasn't working nights.
I love JUDDD. I lost 75-80 pounds and have kept it off for 5 years. I have done LC in the past and while it was effective for weight loss, I did not feel my best and ultimately my food choices were extremely restrictive since I did eat frankenfoods or LC baking.

JUDDD is very doable and I recommend an eating window as well- especially with your work schedule.

If you decide to give it a try- I recommend committing to no less than 4 weeks, but ultimately 6 weeks to see if this plan is really for you.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote