Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2017, 02:36 AM   #151
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/147/133 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
DD

Lunch: Bulletproof coffee
Dinner: Courgetti, passatta and grated cheese

approx 470kcals

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #152
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

UD

Lunch: Courgetti fried in butter, passatta and cheese
Dinner: Pork chop and a variety of vegetables + wine
Snack 1: Bulletproof coffee
Snack 2: Kefir smoothie with strawberries and blueberries

I reckon about 1670 kcals
Old 08-20-2017, 06:45 AM   #153
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

DD

Dinner: Homemade kefir made into smoothie with blueberries

approx 440 kcals?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #154
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
DD

Dinner: Homemade kefir made into smoothie with blueberries

approx 440 kcals?
Hate to ask, but how do you make your Buttetproof coffee? I think I remember years ago seeing how others on the Atkins Thread made it just with coffee, butter, coconut oil? But when I did an Internet Search only complicated recipes came up. Well, maybe not complicated, but not what I would do.

BTW, I never eat zucchini and when I bought one by accident thinking it was a cucumber, I gave it to my neighbor. But the way you cooked it sounded so good I'm going to give it a try. The vegables I like is so limited it gets difficult so to add another one would be great.

Strange, but I love zucchini bread. Dislike raisons, but love raison bread. So figure, huh!

TIA

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #155
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Sharon, I just make my bulletproof coffee with freshly brewed coffee, I add that to my blender with 15g of (grass-fed) butter and 15g coconut oil. I whizz it up until well emulsified. I love it because it tastes like coffee and cream. I did try making it with MCT oil instead of coconut oil but didn't like it anywhere near as much And process-wise, I really don't do complicated!

There's a photo attached of my courgetti (if i've uploaded it correctly...), all ready to eat - I found it quite satisfying

Quote:
Strange, but I love zucchini bread. Dislike raisons, but love raison bread. So figure, huh!
Know exactly what you mean, I can't bear bananas but love banana flavoured things and banana bread. Very weird!

IMG_2891.JPG
Old 08-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #156
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I like zucchini (and yellow squash, too) and find it can be cooked in so many ways. Recently I have been enjoying mine with a dry rub of seasoning and grilled on my George Foreman Grill. Very low calorie and filling.

There was a really good recipe on here years ago for grated zucchini and egg white "pancakes". If I can find it I will link it or bump it.

Zoodles are fun and versatile as well.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:20 AM   #157
Carly

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...cchini+pancake

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...cchini+pancake

These look like the same link, but they are 2 different threads.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Last edited by Carly; 08-21-2017 at 05:22 AM..
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #158
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Ooh, thanks for sharing those Carly i'll have to give them a go, I'll have to swap out one or two of the ingredients due to my rather strict dietary requirements (can't have oats or bread crumbs) but sure that I can find substitutes
Old 08-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #159
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

UD today

Lunch: tuna, egg and a little butter
Dinner: gluten free pizza (base is made with ground almonds mixed with olive oil, herbs and an egg). Base cooked separately then topped with tomato puree, fried onions and peppers, prosciutto and grated cheese - popped under a hot grill until cheese is all melty. Served with garden peas + a glass (or 2) of white wine.

Around 1650kcals for the day
Old 08-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #160
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Carly! Those recipes look yummy! I don't have a George Foreman Grill so will have to improvise. Will give it a try sometime in the future.

DD Trying new things so don't know how the day will go.

AM Buttetproof coffee modified. Had just coconut oil in first cup of coffee to save on calories. Bought no salt butter yesterday, but store didn't have any grass-fed butter. Will have to check a few other stores this next week. Without the butter, it didn't have the energy boost I felt yesterday when I made it.

Planned later ~1:30: 1 Cup Kefir Smoothie with 1 scoop of Whey Protein and strawberries added. Store didn't have regular milk Kefir so I ended up buying a Kefir Vanilla Smoothie. Interesting they carried those. They have five different flavors. I bought the Vanilla one to try since I already had strawberries in my cart.

Dinner ~ 7:30 Slice of turkey breast roast with salsa, ZUCCHINI with salsa and cheese. Don't have a spiral thingie so am going to either use the large side of my grater or just cut up. I don't even know if zincchini is hard or soft! Feels hard. Couldn't find passatta, so substituted the salsa. Looked on YouTube and not that hard to make.

That comes to 535 calories so I may cut the Whey Protein to 1/2 scoop which would bring me to 490.

Last edited by Sharss; 08-21-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #161
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
DD today - think I'm just going to be lazy and have a small tray of supermarket sushi approx. 250-300 cals, and that leaves me with 200 cals to "use up" before bedtime if I need to!
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #162
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's DD didn't work out too well. Did not like my Kefir smoothie at all and just tossed it. Then the zucchini took forever to cook which was frustrating since the slices of Turkey Breast Roast was ready. However, the finished product (zucchini) cooked in butter with salsa and cheddar cheese added was so delicious! It's a keeper.

UD

Breakfast: Slimfast. 1/2 scoop of Whey Protein and 1/2 c strawberries added to make Smoothie.

Lunch: Refried Beans with Cheddar Cheese as dip, chips, V8 juice. Adding 1/2 Whey Protein to Refried Beans.

Dinner: Rest of Turkey Breast Roast with Salsa, zucchini with salsa and cheese. V8 juice

Bit of Wine

Old 08-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #163
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Where is everybody? Yesterday's UD dinner was different - had a Marie Callendar Country Style Pork Chop dinner iinstead. What you call hungry when grocery shopping and Marie's dinners are soooo good, but fattening.

Today's Plan

Lunch: Chocolate Slimfast with 1/2 scoop of Whey Protein and banana added.
May be 1/2 banana. Have to see when I'm making it if whole is too much. Calories are higher using a banana rather than strawberries.

Dinner: Experiment using left over Turkey Breast Roast into left over organic Chicken broth plus delicious broth from cooking TBR to make a soup. I think I'll add some noodles - which isn't the healthiest, but sounds good. Thinking about adding 1/2 scoop of Whey Protein, but I didn't like it when I added it to a small glass of Chicken Broth a few days ago.

If my soup doesn't turn out, I'm going to cook up some hamburger and add it to the zucchini dish like I fixed the other day. Don't know why that won't work. Can add some Whey Protein also.

Gee, no one else goes through whole explanations like I do. Happening because I'm in the experimental stage here!

Glad Evie posted a pic of her zucchini dish. Next time I'll slice mine more like her pic shows. Maybe it will cook faster.

Thanks Carly! Magnesium sure working! I have Organic kind and take two (that's a serving) with my Calcium after dinner. Wondering if that will have an effect on my weight. Lot of things going on that could be effecting weight though.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #164
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Glad Evie posted a pic of her zucchini dish. Next time I'll slice mine more like her pic shows. Maybe it will cook faster
Chopped them using my spiraliser Sharon. On a DD i steam them for a few minutes on an UD I stir fry them in a little butter.

Yes, I think passatta is really just mulched up / liquidised canned tomatoes? At least that's what it tastes like to me...

Quote:
Where is everybody?
My phone and internet got knocked out by a lightning storm! The phone man came and replaced a part in the main socket which had been blown up All seems back to normal now with the broadband but it was slow for hours until yesterday evening.

So, an UD today.

Lunch: Leftover chicken, courgetti, passatta, cheese
Dinner: Minced beef curry with loads vegetables in and not much meat... Actually after my lunch and snack I don't feel very hungry now...
Snack: Homemade kefir made into a smoothie with some fresh blueberries

I did track the kcals but my phone is in the other room and I can't be bothered to go and get it
Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #165
Carly

Quote:

Yes, I think passatta is really just mulched up / liquidised canned tomatoes? At least that's what it tastes like to me...

It is like canned or jarred tomato sauce? That's what it looks like in the photo and sounds like by your description.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #166
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Ya, Evie, missed you on the Exercise Check In and this Thread. Glad you are back.

Won't go into all of yesterday's meals, but do want to mention my delicious dinner. Although I don't have a spiraliser, I ended up with zucchini kind of looking like the pic except I sliced long ways and then sliced each slice in half, etc. Then actually broke them into three parts. Worked.

I don't really need the passatta since I seem to be on a salsa kick. Added salsa to the zucchini and also to my hamburger patty, then topped both with cheese. Was soooo good.

DD

Not good at all. Too hungry and had my slimfast shake with Whey Protein this morning with a banana. I learned a lesson though. Other DD days I did my early morning exercises which included yoga after the walking videos. This morning I did NOT do yoga after the Indoors Intervals and I couldn't control my hunger. It just wouldn't go away.

1:30 Some of that soup I made with TBR broth and leftover Chicken Broth from the carton. Soup was good except for the noodles which practically dissoved from over cooking. I had added a little bit of zucchini with the little bit of left over turkey and those worked out.

6:30/7:30 Dinner. Not sure. Would love to have another hamburger patty with sliced cheese, but would be quite a bit over on DD calories. (697) OR tuna/egg salad roll in luttuce.

I'm really trying hard to get my protein in during the day. That was the suggestion in that article I posted - divide protein into all meals.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #167
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It is like canned or jarred tomato sauce? That's what it looks like in the photo and sounds like by your description.
Yes I believe so - and the ingredients are just tomatoes, no other additives at all.

DD today

Dinner: Bulletproof coffee
Snack: Homemade kefir with a teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top

Around 430kcals
Old 08-27-2017, 06:54 AM   #168
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

UD

Lunch: Tuna and cheese
Dinner: Pork tenderloin with a variety of vegetables
Snack 1: Homemade kefir and blueberries made into a smoothie
Snack 2: Bulletproof coffee

I make it 1650 kcals
Old 08-28-2017, 02:55 AM   #169
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

DD

Sticking with Bulletproof coffee - one or two during day kcals will be less than 500. Will be drinking plenty of water.

Hoping to get a couple of pounds off this week ahead of my trip (I leave home Friday and start hiking Sunday).
Old 08-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #170
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
DD
B- fast
L- cuke salad 24 cals.
D- steak and broccoli 410 cal
S- yogut 140 cal

total 600 cals

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #171
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/136/124
coffee + almond milk in the morning
one hotdog + mustard
100g chicken + hot sauce
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:27 AM   #172
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

UD

Lunch: Steamed courgetti, passatta, cheese
Dinner: Chicken breast and chorizo stir-fried with a selection of vegetables. Glass of wine
Snack: Homemade kefir made into smoothie with blueberries

Around 1650 kcals
Old 08-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #173
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

DD yesterday and just bulletproof coffee x 2

UD today:-

Lunch: Bacon and egg (this is what I really began to fancy yesterday - DH was doing bacon for his DD dinner last night - just told myself, tomorrow!)
Dinner: Curried beef and vegetables. Might have a glass of wine.
Snack: Bulletproof coffee

Approx 1640 kcals

My favourite dinner and as i'm not sure what i'll be doing about meals over the next few weeks when i'm walking (it's difficult for me to eat out due to the dietary restrictions for my ulcerative colitis which currently seems to be in remission and i'm wanting it to stay that way, especially when on a walking holiday!) I thought i'd have my favourite tonight.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #174
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahna
Stats: 218.2/ 145.8/ 147
WOE: Juddd / OMAD/ IF
Start Date: October 2013 started weight loss journey
Down day today

Around 550 calories

2 pm or after
2 T. green powder

3 pm or after supplement with probiotics

5 pm or after
Tomato sandwich with fresh tomato from garden, salad dressing, and 2 slices bread.
3 tablespoons gelatin in hot/warm water
1 tablespoon unmodified potato starch
watermelon
fish oil capsules
magnesium powder
vitamin D

Roasted dandelion root infusion before bed

I'm a Juddd girl. 5 feet 6.5" Goal 147 lbs
Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Been in maintenance for 3.5 years+ (Not perfect)

Juddd Maintenance: Juddd + OMAD Lifestyle (One Meal a Day) One main meal a day with "snack" inside a 4-5+ hour window on both Up and Down days
Ahna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #175
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

I ended up adding a nut type bar last Up day which added around 210 calories

Down day-- around 600 calories
I had various supplements, green powder

1 can tuna
Salad dressing
1 garden tomato
Gelatin
Part of an apple

Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Juddd Maintenance: Juddd + OMAD Lifestyle (One Meal a Day) One main meal a day with "snack" inside a 4-5+ hour window on both Up and Down days
Old 09-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #176
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Up day

2 pm +
Green powder

3:30 pm +
Supplement with probiotics

5:11 pm
3 Tablespoons Gelatin
2 oz + soaked almonds
Microwave popcorn
Cheese, summer sausage, crackers
Cherry/ grape tomatoes
Cauliflower
Green pepper
Cucumber
Dip
Salsa, chips, sour cream
Banana bar(s) cream cheese icing
Candy / chocolate
monster cookie(s)
Sloppy joe sandwich cheddar cheese on homemade bum
prune juice
apple cider vinegar in water
carrots
small cherry cheesecakes
3 fried eggs, white and yellow cheddar cheese

supplements

Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Last edited by Ahna; 09-03-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Old 09-03-2017, 07:02 PM   #177
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Accidentally double post

Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Last edited by Ahna; 09-03-2017 at 07:04 PM..
Old 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #178
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Last down day ended up being around 550 not 600

Today's a down day around 348 calories

Various supplements and green powder

1 package candy
1 egg with seasoning
Potato starch

Goal range 143-149.8 lbs

Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 AM   #179
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

UD

Had a total total change to my WOE - apart from i'm still JUDDDing - all the fatty stuff really did not agree with me when I was away so i've swapped over to a whole food plant-based diet and so far so good...

B: Overnight oats with oat milk and grapes
L: Leftover veg curry, leftover veg soup and brown rice
D: Moroccan bulgur casserole + glass wine
Snack: Apple and if i'm peckish maybe a slice wholemeal toast with jam

Around 1550 to 1600 kcals
Old 09-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #180
Carly

Quote:
UD

Had a total total change to my WOE - apart from i'm still JUDDDing - all the fatty stuff really did not agree with me when I was away so i've swapped over to a whole food plant-based diet and so far so good...

B: Overnight oats with oat milk and grapes
L: Leftover veg curry, leftover veg soup and brown rice
D: Moroccan bulgur casserole + glass wine
Snack: Apple and if i'm peckish maybe a slice wholemeal toast with jam

Around 1550 to 1600 kcals
How was your trip?