Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #211
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Phoenix- bummer about having to work on the holiday! And yes i completely agree , research and find out the why of how things work with a diet totally helps with adherence.

Portia- thanks for the details on how you fast! I'm currently on day 3 and have had little to no hunger, so my hungriest day was day 1. I went to practice last night and made sure the drink my electrolytes, not only was I fine but I had a better than average performance I did have one moment where I had an intense burning in my stomach from hunger but it passed. All in all this is way easier than I can thought it'd be but it further proves to me that it's never fasting that's my problem it's eating. Pretty much I'm completely fine till I break the seal, once food hits my tounge I'm lost. So yea maybe I need to do some more digging and research on binge eating and try to figure out if understanding will help me control it. I sure hope so. I wanted to ask what your weightloss was like during your z-fasts? So far I'm down 6 lbs for 2 days, let's see if I drop anymore tomorrow morning from the 3rd day. I will not be going for a 4th day , though I do feel I could. I'm satisfied for now making it 3 full days. It is interesting to see you say that you feel that day 5 is where you are burning fat. Thanks for comparing notes with me!

Ugh so I just left the doctors office, another quack who follows conventional wisdom for diet and all things medical. Basically told me fasting is bad for you and I can't lose the last 25 lbs because of eating high fat low carb. Ahem then how the hell did I manage to lose over 90 lbs that way the last 3 years?!!! Man what I would pay to find a doctor who is woke! trying to get this doofus to switch me to a Natural thyroid hormone but instead got lectured like a kid which is always my experience with these fools. Sigh sorry I'm freshly annoyed and it's coming out! Nice to drive 30 mins out of my way and spend $25 copay for a crappy visit. Anywho it's 2pm on day 3 going strong and anticipate no problems!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 08-31-2017 at 11:13 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #212
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/12/17
I'm sorry, ladies. I'm avoiding you! This thread, anyway. I'm not on plan, as you know. I'm finding boondocking in CT has been allot rougher than I thought it would be. I'm facing a holiday weekend and then leaving on next Wednesday. Staying one day longer to see a nephew who hasn't been around.

I have all new tires on the old girl! I owe a butt load of money to my BIL but it had to be done. One was beginning to shred. Happy to start the trip with fresh feet.

Family picnic is on Saturday, so I'll get to see allot of them and then it will be so strange to hug them all goodbye, cause I won't be back for maybe 2 years. We'll see. I may get homesick.

Payday tomorrow, holiday weekend, one night at my nephews and off I go. I can't start JUDDD again until after I leave Indiana. My family is all about food. My sister is great about counting calories. Maybe I can follow her lead and at least keep the noshing to a low ebb. But doing DD's there would be next to impossible. Torture, in fact. I'll see what I can manage.

It feels like Fall here. Such a strange August. I need to catch up with all of your posts. I glanced through them last night and I LOVED the eclipse pic (Portia?) Think it was Portia. You're such a fine group of ladies. I'm trying to find my rythmn and I will. Give me time. Being off the grid (and not really being prepared to be) is harder than I thought. I need solar panels and at least one more battery for the coach. I don't know how to do any of that, and it takes money. Will need to wait until I'm in the desert.

I weighed yesterday on that same drug store scale. I'm only up TWO LBS from my low on JUDDD. It's bizarre. I love JUDDD even more now. If I'd been doing Atkins, I'd have gained at least half of it back by now.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #213
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I weighed yesterday on that same drug store scale. I'm only up TWO LBS from my low on JUDDD. It's bizarre. I love JUDDD even more now. If I'd been doing Atkins, I'd have gained at least half of it back by now.
JUDDD is extremely forgiving this way and LC is particularly unforgiving it that sense.

This week and next week will be 5:2 vs my normal 4:3. I think 2 weeks of 5:2 should not result in a gain, but my body has been a little more eager to hold extra weight the last 2 years or so, so we will see. If I don't creep up significantly with 2 weeks of 5:2 I may stick with 5:2 for a while.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #214
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

Portia- thanks for the details on how you fast! I'm currently on day 3 and have had little to no hunger, so my hungriest day was day 1. I went to practice last night and made sure the drink my electrolytes, not only was I fine but I had a better than average performance
Woohoo! So happy for you. I was just thinking that in fact, during the first three days, I never feel weak in the knees, so if you are like me, you would have no problem doing any sporting activity at all during a 3-day fast.

Quote:

All in all this is way easier than I can thought it'd be but it further proves to me that it's never fasting that's my problem it's eating.
Meeeee. 2. All my life. In the 18 months I've been on LCF, I've come to know without doubt that you are terrific when in weight loss mode. As with me--as with soooo many--it has nothing to do with how we diet, it's how we convince ourselves to stay in WLM.

Quote:
Pretty much I'm completely fine till I break the seal, once food hits my tounge I'm lost. So yea maybe I need to do some more digging and research on binge eating and try to figure out if understanding will help me control it. I sure hope so.
I will join you in this. Or read what you come up with. For me, my life was changed by reaching my mental/emotional tipping point, but that only works for me. We (the researchers) need to find out more about what is going on both metabolically and neurologically that may make it easier not to go off the deep end. We've all read a lot about the metabolic theories. My sister is into the gut bacteria connection with hunger right now, but at this point in my life, with hunger no longer an issue, it's not about hunger; it's about what goes on in my head that wants to eat ridiculous amounts of food. I always describe it as if my brain just departs my head; and that sure sounds a lot like what I've been reading about the last few days on the neuro side. You too?

Quote:
I wanted to ask what your weightloss was like during your z-fasts? So far I'm down 6 lbs for 2 days, let's see if I drop anymore tomorrow morning from the 3rd day. I will not be going for a 4th day , though I do feel I could. I'm satisfied for now making it 3 full days. It is interesting to see you say that you feel that day 5 is where you are burning fat. Thanks for comparing notes with me!
I haven't been on a scale for quite a while, so I have no idea (and I'm going to do a general Please Stop Talking About Short-Term Scale Fluctuations As If They Reflect Actual Weight/Fat Loss rant soon, so everybody be warned). Enough that I feel markedly slimmer, and that my clothes start to hang. The big water drop the first two days, maybe 8 lb down on the scale overall--which I translate to about 5 lb fat mass? I can tell you that back in the day, scale weight averaged out to a pound a day with a one or two week fast, with diminishing returns after two weeks. I wouldn't go over a week now, which is as long as I'm willing to go without protein.

At this point I am seeing the three and five day fasts as a way to balance out the heavy partying (and event rebounds) that's going on rest of the time. No doubt I will resort to the same sometimes when I reach my goal range. This is me trying to maintain this summer; strictly speaking I am not actually in weight-loss mode. I hope to re-enter WLM in October, or possibly December when I return to Fla; I plan to be in WLM for the winter and to use the z-fast to reach that goal range. Maybe we can do a challenge then!

Quote:
Ugh so I just left the doctors office, another quack who follows conventional wisdom for diet and all things medical. Basically told me fasting is bad for you and I can't lose the last 25 lbs because of eating high fat low carb.
Bla bla bla. Lord I hate that. I am lucky that I got my dox approval for fasting--but I didn't tell them how long I'm fasting. And on my recent trip with the fam, I didn't tell anyone I was fasting (only me sister knew). Because, yeah, I didn't want to hear about it. No one even knew I was z-fasting (they thought I was doing regular JUDDD DDs). After the fact, one of my relatives got wind that I hadn't eaten for 86 hours and said (and I quote) "Well that sounds like a dangerous thing to do, but hey, it's your body". Helloooooo!

Day 4 is as easy as Day 3 was difficult. Gut hunger gone; lots of energy; no draininess (TM). Will probably break fast early afternoon on Saturday, as I have lots of LC goodies in the fridge I want to work through before I fly on Monday. Also wonderful veggies in garden I want to enjoy! Am soooo curious to see what goes on in my head when I start eating LOL. But honestly, I'm usually just fine with LC--it's the SAD that makes my brain slip its moorings.

Good luck today, Vlo!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #215
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Ugh so I just left the doctors office, another quack who follows conventional wisdom for diet and all things medical. Basically told me fasting is bad for you and I can't lose the last 25 lbs because of eating high fat low carb. Ahem then how the hell did I manage to lose over 90 lbs that way the last 3 years?!!! Man what I would pay to find a doctor who is woke! trying to get this doofus to switch me to a Natural thyroid hormone but instead got lectured like a kid which is always my experience with these fools. Sigh sorry I'm freshly annoyed and it's coming out! Nice to drive 30 mins out of my way and spend $25 copay for a crappy visit. Anywho it's 2pm on day 3 going strong and anticipate no problems!
That is decidely un-woke. But more than that, it smacks of "Dr who is not up on literature", which - ask any MD - is a savage read. There is no way this person has done a halfway adequate review of nutrition/weight-loss research in the last 5 years without running across positive results of fasting, 5:2, etc.

TL;DR - quack.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #216
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Couple other thoughts, Vlo, as you move from z-fast to whatever you move to:

- Commit now to your WOE of preference over the next three days. Don't wing it.

- Consider moving to LC; for me, because I'm either in ketosis or almost in ketosis, I experience no hunger when I do this, and whatever meal I eat is incredibly filling.

- Don't weigh on day 5 (assuming you fast three full days and eat on day 4). There is no point, and seeing an uptick on the scale, even when you know it's gonna be there, is a trigger. Or day 6. Or 7.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #217
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
September thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=889486
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #218
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
Start Date: 7/12/17
Ahhhh! I'm so far behind that I didn't know you started a new thread. Forgive me, ladies!
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote