Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #91
Janie444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janie444
Stats: 185/157/145 5'5"
WOE: CAD
Start Date: SCD 04/02;CAD 10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDParrish View Post
My newlywed daughter is back from five days in Jamaica (earlier post said incorrectly the Bahamas) with her new hubby. I asked her if she stayed on the diet and she said, "No problem, mon!" There were other brides there who were gorging on all the sweet carbs who obviously have no further need to fit into the "dress." The resort was certainly catering to their abandon, but she said she felt no temptation, no cravings at all. I did not ask her why she stayed on the diet, as I knew better than that.

So with all the events leading up to her wedding reception and continuing through her whole honeymoon, she LOST weight! She really enjoyed having omelets that were made to order by the resort chef. She drank mostly seltzer water with a fresh lime twist.

Way to go Katie!
Yes! Way to go Katie!
In our break room at work, there are always so many different foods and lots of them are there for anyone to eat. Carbs of every kind -- daily!! But they do not call to me at all. Their smells have no power over me! I love this kind of freedom! And I'm grateful to not have to struggle over it. I get plenty to eat and I'm not bragging when I say that in the year that I've been working at this place, I am the only person out of 25 person staff that hasn't been sick! I credit it to this way of eating! So many benefits -- so worth the effort!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #92
Janie444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janie444
Stats: 185/157/145 5'5"
Start Date: SCD 04/02;CAD 10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali girl View Post
So many positive thoughts here on this thread and they came just at the right time for me!!

I love how everyone still posts even though they have lost most of there weight already it's very encouraging and I really appreciate that.
I agree with you! I stay here because I feel like I need and want to stay connected! I'm so grateful that this thread is living on!!
Old 08-06-2017, 10:28 PM   #93
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BDParrish
Stats: 192.5/153.5/original goal was 165
WOE: CAD/CALP Rachael Heller
Start Date: January 14, 2017
Haven't Worn This Jacket Since...

Barry had once asked me what I was doing to lose so much, and then he got the book for himself. When I saw him today he had dug an old suit jacket out of his closet that he had not worn "since the 90's" he said.

"And you're swimmin' in it now!" sez I.
He said, "I was at 246 when I started and now I am at 205."
"Well, the first 20 of that was when you and your daughter were on HCG together right?" I couldn't help but notice a spot on that jacket which I guess had not been cleaned since the 90's.
"Yeah but I could see it comin back on as soon as I quit that HCG," he said. "I'll prolly keep goin' 'til I'm 195."

He asked me a couple of questions about having potatoes at his reward meal, (uhhh well yes..) and we went on to other subjects.

I just do not think of this as a diet that you "keep goin til" you get to a certain weight. To me, it is the way I eat and will be til the end regardless of my weight.
BDParrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 AM   #94
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cali girl
Stats: 213/198/155 (5'6)
Start Date: Restart 8-2-17 @ 199
Hi CAD people.....just checking in and I'm doing good with my one hour rule. I'm trying to keep any other meal under 4 carbs.

Yesterday I had the best liverwurst with some 3 alarm cheese I got at Sam's Club. Man was it good!! I had it for my CM lunch.

I Live My Life The Way That I Choose
......Bad Company-Bad Company......
Cali girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 AM   #95
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Hi BD.....I was wondering if you can show some of your daily meal plans that you ate while losing all your weight,CM & RM's. You have done so well on this plan! Also if you ate 2 or 3 meals a day, snacks??

Old 08-10-2017, 05:07 AM   #96
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

CADer's......what is your average intake of carbs per day, just estimates of course and do they all come from your Reward Meal?? Thanks....

Old 08-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #97
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Brian's Meal Plans?

There really isn't anything to tell about my meal plans if you have read the books, but I will try to ramble for a while and see if I get a reaction. I really eat off of the food list. If'n it ain't on the list for the CM, I don' eat it!

Here is a typical day:
Breakfast at 7 am two eggs fried over easy in plenty of coconut oil. Black Coffee

Lunch at noon 1/3 lb Hamburger patty with mayonnaise a big pickle and pepper. Salad is a mix of iceberg lettuce and spinach with creamy Italian dressing (marked 2 grams carb). Water

Reward Meal at 6:30 Salad may add croutons, Thousand Island, and some tomato, Green Beans, Roasted Chicken Thigh and Leg, Biscuit and Chocolate cake for dessert. Perrier Sparkling Water with a splash of lime.

I have a few ideas that may be considered off-book, but they are perfectly consistent with the diet:

I think that there is something special about using Oil and Vinegar. They work with the craving reducing vegetables to control the release of insulin.

Also I exercise in bursts and spurts. I use a plan called 10-20-30 but the idea is that a long period of moderate exercise, like the typical woman does on the elliptical at the gym, teaches your body to conserve calories and makes you fat

I also believe that strength training causes new receptors to open, so at each workout I try to bring some muscle to the point of failure. During my recovery periods between sets, I do the health bounce on my rebounder.

The Hellers were on faculty at a medical school, so they were often under the influence of the low fat foolishness that characterizes that profession, and though they often make reference to low fat and Heart Association Guidelines, the fear of fat is NOT part of the diet. I eat saturated fats and cholesterol, which is why I am not fat and I do not have cholesterol.

Also, I have read from the work of Dr. Fred Pescatore about getting the complex of amino acids and I think he has something for those of us who are really on plan but are still not losing. You must change up your protein all the time and eat all different types and sources of protein, whether you like it or not.

Any kind of calorie reduction makes you fat, and the metabolic damage takes years to heal, if it ever does. You have got to EAT on this diet. Most experienced dieters cannot get their heads around this.

About fasting, Rachael Heller lost her weight through intermittent fasting, OMAD, and that plan I think is what an obese woman ought to try first. However so many women use Richard Heller's plan of carefully balanced RM and salads and greens at the CM, and it is the guys who fast all day and then load up at the RM.

Richard Heller was an athlete and a long distance runner and used CALP to lose even that impossible last 15 pounds which nobody ever lost exercising. I think this is what the guys ought to try first, and if they don't like the leafy greens then they momma ought whup they hind ends until they decide they DO like it!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #98
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Hey Cali Girl!

Wish you great success on this diet.

Forget about total carbs. It is not the total but the frequency that matters.

Remember also as is pointed out in "The Stress Eating Cure" that insulin is only one of the hormones we must correct. You must control cortisol too.

Do NOT use any kind of net-carb theory! About the 4 grams of carb, for some of us that is too much. I think that I can get away with it, but not my wife. Never count the carb in your craving reducing vegetables just eat from the list. Use a dressing that is as low in carb as you can find. Use only oil and vinegar until you are losing consistently, then experiment with some other dressings.

Be careful of sweeteners. I cannot use any of them at all. As soon as the sweet taste hits my mouth, or if I even just get a telegram telling me that it is on the train and may soon arrive at a train station near my mouth, that is all it takes and I've got an insulin dump!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #99
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

BD.....thank you sooooo much for your input and tips. I will really watch my carbs at CM's and enjoy my RM. If I have time at the RM I like to have a diet root beer at the end of the meal.

Not sure I could go all day without eating "OMAD" but I might try every other day. I have done this in the past and liked it but was much younger and thinner. I will just stick to plan for now and get used to it although I do sometimes eat only 2 meals.

I sure hope this will work for me because it is so much easier than eating LC all the time. Also getting to enjoy holidays and birthdays with the family is important to me. Heck just going out to dinner during the week with DH is so much easier than always worrying about every little carb the restaurant might use on the food. So much enjoyment and no worries

Thanks again for all the information

Old 08-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #100
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

Maintenance Help on CAD/CALP

SonBoy, an athlete, using CAD with one CM and an unbalanced RM, had lost all the way back to his soccer weight as a midfielder on his intramural college team. He has now regained maybe five pounds up from that goal. We talked about it last night; he was over for supper.

“Nobody in the whole CAD/CALP family is going to have any sympathy for you,” I joked.

The whole conversation last night, well, I wish you guys could’ve all been there and chimed in. We wondered if there is just too much protein in his CM with no craving-reducing vegetables. He is having 6 or 8 strips of bacon and 5 scrambled eggs. Also I suggested that all the stress at work is running up his cortisol. His eyes got real big over that.

He is getting his bacon and eggs at a restaurant next door to his branch office. They assured him that there was nothing, nothing added to it at all. I thought that if it has been cured with sugar, he is probably getting an insulin dump and he is going to have to limit that to three slices, maybe two. Anyone else have problems with bacon?

Richard Heller was an athlete and used the balanced CALP approach to lose even that last 15 pounds that nobody ever lost by exercising. Rachael Heller lost her weight on OMAD and an unbalanced RM. Yet it seems to me that we do it backwards from that, where our women are using the carefully controlled CALP approach and the men are fasting all day and eating an unbalanced RM. Perhaps there is some psychology to this where our women are willing to put more thought and care into this and our boys just lose themselves in their work until suppertime.

He’d been doing the “thousand rep challenge” every day, but then he saw that CAD was taking the weight off and exercising made no difference. Then it got ugly at work, and he was not working out. Now at another branch the stress is lessening, but he wonders if the exercise really does make the difference.

What is your advice to him?
1.) Forget about it, a five pound fluctuation is meaningless.
2.) You have got to balance your RM or you will continue to gain.
3.) You must eat craving-reducing vegetables with your protein at your CM or you will continue to gain.
4.) You have to get back exercising, because it was keeping your cortisol controlled during the ugliness at work, and whatever else you do, you have to maintain your level of physical activity, or you will gain up to that calorie level.
5.) You should move your CM back to within 8 hours of your RM to take advantage of 16 hours of fasting, then weight loss will resume.
6.) Do ALL of the above. Why not? It is probably a combination of factors anyway.

Any other additional ideas, especially all disagreements, disputations, corrections, and contradictions, will be deeply appreciated. I ain’t never learned nothin’ from nobody that agreed with me!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #101
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

BD maybe just to much food over all. And add back some exercise. I'm no expert at this so I'm just guessing.

My weight stayed the same this week, but I'm not giving up. At least I didn't gain

Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 AM   #102
BDParrish
Junior LCF Member

You've GOT to STOP!

My wife had been telling me to stop losing. I really do not see the problem as I am stronger and healthier than I have ever been. Anyway in one of the books the Hellers have a plan to slow or stop weight loss, so I have been trying to eat a lot more at CMs and add an extra serving of carbo several times per week.

It seemed to be working as I stayed at 154.5 for about four weeks. Now, I am dropping again. I mentioned it to her last evening and she seemed unconcerned. I do not think that I could continue that strategy much longer anyway. The bathroom scale puts this weight at 12% body fat, and I do not know how much lower in body fat the CAD/CALP would even be able to take me.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #103
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Hi CAD people.....just checking in. Saturday is the day I average my weight and I was down 1 pound this week! Everything is going good on CAD, I hope everyone is losing as well

Old 08-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #104
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Hi Cali,

WTG!

I'm giving this another try. I feel I'm better prepared this time as well as having my mind right. Last time I started with thread cliff notes and got an old musty CAD book a few days in. So I'll admit not to being fully committed. I also used it as an excuse to eat crap for an hour a day. Not really surprised, I kinda did the same thing with IE the first time I tried it. And no I can't just eat blueberry donuts whenever I'm hungry and expect to succeed. (which I believe is text book CA response) So this time I got the CALP book and read a great deal before I started. I'm also going into it with more of a lifestyle range plan. I'm still clinging hard to IE, which I also view as a lifestyle concept. All that being said, I am only on my second day but feeling real good about my direction.

Hi Brian I too, am a Carbohydrate Addict Not being light, just sayin'.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #105
Betty 2017
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Betty 2017
Stats: 193.4 lbs
WOE: carbohydrate addicts lifespan
Start Date: Aug. 14th /2017
New here and hopeful

Hello everyone, l just registered and hope l can find others that are doing well on the Carbohydrate Diet. This is just my second week so lm still trying to find a balance with the eating program. l would love to hear about your weight loss and how long some of you have been doing this. lm 65 yrs old and would like to lose 30 lbs. lts been a struggle all my life and as lve gotten older its even worse now. l truly hope this way of eating works. Please give me any advice you feel will help me. Thank you
Betty 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #106
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Great Luck Betty!!
Are you doing CAD or CALP?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:42 AM   #107
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Terry and Betty......Terry I think everyone in the beginning goes a little overboard within the 1 hour lol then settles in. Especially when coming off a low-carb diet. I go back and forth on my WOE a lot. Usually between CAD and Carb-Nite. Right now it's CAD, but I will change it up when I feel the need.

Betty, not sure if you were doing low carb before but I think you will like this if you were. Glad your here

Old 08-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #108
Betty 2017
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Hi, there!

It's been a long while, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful winter. I thought I would update on the new thread.

I have been maintaining my weight since July of 2016. I originally started CAD in 2013 and started maintaining in 2014. I maintained for 9 months until I became pregnant, then had my son in May 2015, and then worked slowly on losing until I met my goal again this past July.

Maintenance has been wonderful! In fact, I settled around 5 lbs. below my original goal of 110 to 105. I am very short, so this has happened to be a good range for me to maintain.

I haven't been posting much, even though I've been thinking about this board and all of my friends. I haven't been posting because I haven't been following CAD! I still think that it is a fantastic tool to lose weight and maintain, but I've found that plain old tracking and logging calories has been the overall winner in my quest to maintain my weight.

With that said, I still believe that CAD is the reason that I was able to lose weight in the first place. It gave me the tools (and more importantly, the mindset) that I needed in order to lose weight and keep it off. It taught me that I didn't need to treat myself at every single meal. It taught me that if I take seconds, I should go for the healthy veggies as well as the carby goodies. It taught me that eating fewer times a day is much better for me than 3 meals or 6 small meals, and I used it to go from eating 3-4 times a day to 2 times a day. It taught me that I don't need breakfast. Actually, breakfast is likely to keep me hungry all day, whereas waiting until lunch is key to having a great day.

If there is anything I've learned on this journey, it's that flexibility is key. If something isn't working for whatever reason, then I work around it! I try something new. However, I always keep the base of logging and tracking to know what I'm eating. I bought a Fitbit Charge HR to help me with the last 10 pounds, and I would never go without it now. I went from barely making 3-5,000 steps a day to an average of 10-12,000 steps a day. Although I don't fully trust the calories burned, it gives me a good estimate, and I haven't gained from eating back exercise calories that the Fitbit shows that I've burned. In my case, small adjustments lead to big changes and better sustainability. Month by month, I learned what I could do without (dessert at every meal, two kinds of carbs at every meal--now I generally stick to one, either bread or rice/pasta) and what I couldn't do without (a sweet treat every day, preferably chocolate). I learned that I eat really quickly, so that I can think I'm still hungry even when I've eaten enough. I learned to combat this by adding volume to my meals. I eat soup before dinner, add 100 calories of popcorn, maybe some frozen grapes, etc. The time it takes to eat these volume-heavy foods allows my satiety signals time to fire, and this keeps me from overeating.

Overall, I have maintained beyond my wildest dreams. Part of me didn't believe I could get back to 110 after having my son, but I am sitting at 105, more active than ever, and loving being able to run after my son all day. I've included a few picture updates with this post, including one of the munchkin. I hope you all are doing well! I'm not sure whether I still fit in here or not, but I would love to at least continue keeping up with all of your journeys!
Thank you Kat. l was encouraged by reading your posts. lm hoping l can make this CAD work for me although lm still in my first weeks of it and nothing so far. lm trying to read the book and do whatever it says but l must be missing something. lm so happy for you and wish you all the best in your life.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #109
Betty 2017
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the welcome Cali. lm just so happy to find others that are doing the same lifestyle change as l am. l think your right about just having to settle into this way of life and then the weight will come off. lm not expecting miracles but just some progress to keep me encouraged will do. l hope to connect with others that need encouragement as well and work together.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #110
Betty 2017
Junior LCF Member

Hi Janie lm new here and was happy to read your post. lts always nice to know others are doing the CAD along with you and reading how things are going with everyone. lm on my 3rd week and haven't lost much maybe 1 lb but lm still settling in with this program. l had 2 eggs fried for breakfast with 1/2 TBs of ketchup. and l tea with 2% milk and sweetener. Lunch was celery with cheese spread and a 4 slices of summer sausage and a small dill pickle. For my RM lm thinking of one piece of leftover pizza and a salad and a glass of pop and maybe a jello cup for desert. Anything wrong with this please tell me. lol lm still in training. Thanks
Old 09-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #111
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Hi Betty.....your meals sound good to me. I'm not losing much either but I'm sticking to it.
Had burritos for RM tonight and for lunch I had shrimp and cod cooked in butter

Old 09-06-2017, 03:14 AM   #112
Cali girl
Senior LCF Member

Hi CAD People......
I was thinking I might change my RM to lunch, seems I do better with carbs earlier in the day. Then dinner will be protein and either a salad or veggies. Anyone else do RM for lunch?? I'm going to start today and see how it goes