Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #841
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, every one.
My name is Janet{Kind.I have been loseing weight and getting healthy.since April 1st. 2013.
Went from>178 and as of today weight>124.
I have gained some and taking it off.
My goal is the reach 110lbs.
But for few months having a hard time getting and staying with it.
I need to reset. I count cals. 1.200 .I go to ymca.
I'm just getting back into green smoothies.and I belive in detoxing.
Maybe if I come here and read and post I can get back on track.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #842
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
kind! We are always happy to have newbies join us. It's a small group, we struggle with staying on plan. We have all been doing this a very long time but it's gets harder to stay with it. You have amazing statistics and have done awesome with losing that amount of weight! Congrats and good luck with getting to your goal
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:52 AM   #843
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hi Janet! Welcome to our humble thread. Good loss! I hear ya on wanting to get back on track after a little slip up. We all have them. You're smart...the key is to catch it right away and not let it get out of hand. We seem to have our own little set backs here...maybe we will teach you what NOT to do, LOL, and you can give us some pointers on how you stuck to it to lose those 50 or so pounds. Just jump right in.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 08-19-2017 at 05:53 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #844
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.
As we know it is hard to lose and yet maybe harder to stay on plan. Those darn slips.
Just seems I do well for 2 days and then I fall.
For some reason, It is harder then when I started in 2013
So Tomorrow again, Restart and I hope to have a good restart for the rest of this month. And then just keep doing it.
I should have been closer to goal by now but like I keep saying those slips have me.
Just have to watch those cals.{1,200 or 1,000
Going to start back at the YMCA{As it was closed 2 weeks for a yearly cleaning.
And get back into using the sauna and steam room.
and jogg 4 miles and weight machines.
I also think, the hard part for me getting rid of is diet pop.
Getting back also to Green smoothies and and use 1 for a meal replacment. Plus throw in a day or 2 of fasting{Like Juddd .Been kinda{which I do any way is plant base. Just at times I do still like grilled chicken breast.
As I also said age does play in. But Im doing well and aging great{I must say.
So I will be reading and talking here and hope{or know that we will do this.Just getting on the right road and staying on it will get us all there to our goals.
But boy sometimes just seems that road is Long with lots of holes.
Nice meeting u all and Im sure we can all learn.
Night.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:46 AM   #845
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Kind & everyone We do all learn from each other here, even tho we've all been doing this several years. That's what I like about this thread! I know age is making it harder for me this time around but since we can't fight that we much all find a way to still make it work. So far I can still be very active which saves me. Unfortunately I am already worrying about when I can no longer do that as I will have to reduce my food intake EVEN FURTHER and I honestly don't see how that is possible. On a regular basis I keep my cals below 1200 now. It's the 1 or 2 days per week when I'm at a party or event and over do with carbs & beer that keeps me from getting where I want to be. If I can put together a couple of weeks straight staying on pan I lose but then I can't seem to hold any longer and I have a couple higher days in a row and BAM it all comes back. So it's just a big old vicious circle of life for me!! I keep working on it tho. I just now got back to my sig weight from a gain and am now working to slowly get lower.

Got the 5 yr old a couple days this week so not doing to bad on plan cause I'm staying home. Also not really getting to get my walks in tho
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 08-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #846
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,every one.
This morning I got on scale and I knew would not be good.
It was not.I weigh in at>126 From 121 Aug.1st.
So that means I must get back on track and just do it. No matter what it takes to do it.
My weight should be 90-123 lbs to be normal. My goal is to hit 110.
But instead of worry about those numbers>Got to reset mind and just get back to 121 and keep going.
It is so easy just to tell others to watch those slips ups {Then do it .
I Don;t know why it is hard this year for me. I know how to do it.
So toaday We are going back to y and I.m hitting the sauna and steam room , going to jog 3-4 miles today and do couple weight machines.
I really think detoxing is good for body.
Have a good day today every one.
You know we talk about aging. But we sure would like to keep doing it.
If we take care of body,it can do so many things. And it can heal itself.
We can do so much good for our self in loseing weight. Exersicing and eating the right foods. watch those bad fats, eat greans, beans good carbs, ect.. I take also alot of vitamines.
Like i said the one thing I really need to watch{Or stop is that diet pop.
If we stop working on self, then can we say. when we get sick or keep gaining weight. I know even if we can not always keep our bodies healthy. But we all can help it heal to fight when it needs to.

Janet{Kind.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #847
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I am down 2 more lbs! I have been sticking to low carb better than I have in a long time. I still have a little slip up here and there, but I'm getting better at sticking with it. This time I am concentrating on keeping my blood sugar in a good range, so that give me more incentive. You might get away with a little slip up and not gain any weight, but your glucose meter is not as forgiving as the scale can be, so each time I pass up carbs, I tell myself that my meter will show good numbers. If I get a good number on my meter I know that I ate right. I should have been doing this all along. Now I am due for a doctor visit and if my numbers are not good, he will want to change/increase meds, and I don't want that. I hope to never need to inject insulin.

Kris, good for you for getting back to ticker weight! You know you can keep going. Stick to plan when you're home and do your best when out socializing. That's all you can do. You have to enjoy your life, or you just won't be happy.

Kind, diet pop is something I will probably never give up. I have really cut back, but I still enjoy it once in a while. I am drinking water much more often now. And my beloved coffee in the AM. Luckily I am not an all-day coffee drinker like DH. A few cups in the AM satisfies me.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 08-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #848
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi,every one.
This morning I got on scale and I knew would not be good.
It was not.I weigh in at>126 From 121 Aug.1st.
So that means I must get back on track and just do it. No matter what it takes to do it.
My weight should be 90-123 lbs to be normal. My goal is to hit 110.
But instead of worry about those numbers>Got to reset mind and just get back to 121 and keep going.
It is so easy just to tell others to watch those slips ups {Then do it .
I Don;t know why it is hard this year for me. I know how to do it.
So toaday We are going back to y and I.m hitting the sauna and steam room , going to jog 3-4 miles today and do couple weight machines.
I really think detoxing is good for body.
Have a good day today every one.
You know we talk about aging. But we sure would like to keep doing it.
If we take care of body,it can do so many things. And it can heal itself.
We can do so much good for our self in loseing weight. Exersicing and eating the right foods. watch those bad fats, eat greans, beans good carbs, ect.. I take also alot of vitamines.
Like i said the one thing I really need to watch{Or stop is that diet pop.
If we stop working on self, then can we say. when we get sick or keep gaining weight. I know even if we can not always keep our bodies healthy. But we all can help it heal to fight when it needs to.

Janet{Kind.
Welcome kind Hi PAC and Kris
Congrats on the 2lb loss PAC Wow, reading
kind's posts reminds me of just how much work it is to lose weight.

I like how she knows it's about calories mostly. Of course then there's the old argument that when you reduce calories, your body can also adjust and slow down metabolism, because the body thinks it's in a starvation situation.

So I guess one needs to research metabolism again. You want to make sure it's firing on all cylinders. I can't remember all the tricks you can do.

But yeah, calorie restriction is necessary even for low carbers, for weight loss. Currently I am pretty much fasting until dinner time. Then I have about a 1000 cals. But I'm still having few ales, not as much, but a few....so that messes up fast weight loss.

What's at the end of the weight loss rainbow for you kind? If you arrive at 110 will you finally be happy? It's a tricky thing once you get there.

At first you hear compliments or remarks about how good you look. That fades quickly and everyone gets used to the new you that you fought soooo hard for.

And what motivation will you use to stay in that difficult place? Because it's hard to stay there. Almost as hard as what it took to get there. What's your thoughts on how you will maintain goal weight?
Old 08-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #849
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Boy our little thread has gotten quiet!! Not much to say I guess. Nothing new from me. Haven't been doing very well lately so you guys know I tend to post less when I'm not happy with myself. I'm probably up a few pounds. I had bounced back down into the 130's but I'm sure now its back up to 143/144 Just been in a crap mood and can't find a good reason to care about my looks or health, been drinking lots of beer. Maybe I'll feel better after my dr appointment tomorrow and I know what it will take to fix my foot/bunion. I'm hoping the answer isn't the big surgery with the screw holding toes back in place

I'm kinda back on a better track starting today, got better eating planned except I have one last catered ball game tomorrow night so there will be some craft beer, brats & burgers with the carby sides. Sometimes I do fairly well on those tho, I can go bunless & skip the cookies. I do hate that this last local game means FALL is here.

Hope some of you can get in here and report some good news!! I need good positive stories!!
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 08-27-2017 at 11:18 AM..
Old 08-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #850
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, all this time I thought tomorrow was Labor Day. LOL When I saw that your Dr appointment was tomorrow I googled and found out that it's not until next week. Being retired, I'm always confused about the date and day of the week. Every day is Saturday. Hope your appointment goes well. I read up about bunion surgery and it said there are 100 different types of bunion surgery, and what you need depends on your particular case. So who knows what you will need? I think most get the screws. Recovery can be from a few weeks but maybe up to 12 weeks. Good thing all your runs are over with. But it said they can come back, too. I hope you get the least amount of recovery time. I know you will not like being laid up for long.

I am still doing good with my food, but not good enough to drop huge amounts of weight but my blood sugar has been outstanding! I got weighed today and I am a smidge over 200, so should be back in Onederland soon. Weight is slow coming off, but really can sneak back on so quickly! I think I have to lose about 25 lbs to fit into the smaller clothes I have. Good enough for me.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #851
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Kris, all this time I thought tomorrow was Labor Day. LOL When I saw that your Dr appointment was tomorrow I googled and found out that it's not until next week. Being retired, I'm always confused about the date and day of the week. Every day is Saturday. Hope your appointment goes well. I read up about bunion surgery and it said there are 100 different types of bunion surgery, and what you need depends on your particular case. So who knows what you will need? I think most get the screws. Recovery can be from a few weeks but maybe up to 12 weeks. Good thing all your runs are over with. But it said they can come back, too. I hope you get the least amount of recovery time. I know you will not like being laid up for long.

I am still doing good with my food, but not good enough to drop huge amounts of weight but my blood sugar has been outstanding! I got weighed today and I am a smidge over 200, so should be back in Onederland soon. Weight is slow coming off, but really can sneak back on so quickly! I think I have to lose about 25 lbs to fit into the smaller clothes I have. Good enough for me.
PAC Mine is the tailors bunion on outside just under little toe. I'm hoping I wont need the screws thing, but it does seem that most people do That means longer recovery time. Good news on keeping that weight in check. You are doing good!
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 08-28-2017, 04:02 AM   #852
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I googled the tailors bunion. It said it depends on how badly the bones are damaged. It would be great if you had an easy procedure.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 08-28-2017, 04:20 AM   #853
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks PAC! You always have helpful advice about everything I do try to look things up myself, but have trouble finding what I'm looking for??? All kinds of other "unrelated" things pop up in my searches and it takes so much plowing to even find an inkling of what I'm trying to find. duh. The bottom of my foot/heel pain could be something unrelated to the bunion, it's all a guess for me right now. The doc will know!!

I finally weighed and am up to 143 as I suspected I knew I deserved that gain tho, I've been pretending to be a normal person with normal eating habits lately I bought a big roast for the crock pot and am going to the store today for lettuce, etc. I have a plan..... Got the game tonight so I'll pretend I'm normal for one more meal and then it's back to deprevation for awhile. Went out with my two friends last night who have BOTH had the weightloss sleeve surgery in Mexico. It was life saving for them both, however they both say life isn't as fun anymore - they just had to accept that it was not gonna be fun (the way it used to be). THey used to be my "buffett buddies" and now can only eat half of a taco at a time and 3 or 4 chips, ONE drink, and that's it for them. Done for the night. They said I would not like it. Eating/drinking is connected to everything DH & I do so not a lifestyle we could handle. With them - they BOTH had to do it so its tolerable.

GB Any change on the tumor? Is it getting any smaller? Any news at all? It seems it's been a long time since you were diagnosed. Still praying for you I just wish you'd get some good news, anything.
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 08-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #854
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, you COULD eat like your friends when you are with them, without having the surgery. Or then, maybe not. LOL Even though the weight gain doesn't make you happy, it always sounds like you're having so much fun!

I had a little blip yesterday and spiked my blood sugar. Really....it was 1 bite of DH's pizza, and 1 bite of chocolate cake. Just not fair that those two bites could spike me. Oh, yeah, I also had a non sugar-free popsicle last night, too. I have some sugar-free in the freezer, but DH brought a regular one out to me so I ate it. It did taste so much better than my sugar-free ones. I don't like having diabetes, but I do like that it tells me when I ate something I should have.

Good luck at the doctor. I hope you also mention your heel pain to him.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 08-28-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Old 08-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #855
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, you probably said before, but why did your friends to to Mexico for the surgery? I know a lot of people do that. There was this show on TV about these 2 women who went to Mexico because they weren't fat enough to meet the criteria in the US. They both had complications, and as soon as they got back in the US they went to the ER. They wouldn't tell the doctors what they did because they didn't want their husbands to find out. Eventually, the one woman told, and the husbands were mad, saying they weren't that big in the first place. It probably wasn't even a true story. It was probably one of those made up ER stories. LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 08-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #856
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC The couple I hang with went to Mexico initially because the surgery costs 4 times as much in the USA, and they could not afford it. But they grew to LOVE the dr, clinic, & plastic surgeon at their clinic in Mexico that they decided to do lots more plastic surgery things. They have both had all their baggy extra skin removed and the wife has had like 5 plastic surgery things done there in Mexico, even a boob job. Their 30 year old daughter also had the weight loss sleeve done a year ago and she has lost 125 pounds. Both the wife and husband have lost well over 100. They have also had dental implants done in Mexico. The husband has become the administrator for the clinic's website and helps people with questions and all through the mexico surgeries. It's amazing really how much less stuff costs there. Wife did have one problem with wound healing after skin removal so she called and sent pics down to the dr and he helped her thru the treatment without her having to go back to Mexico. Maybe you can google the weightoss clinic or him. I'll email. They surely love him and cant say enough good about him!! I do know that doctors here in the states won't touch you or provide treatment if you have had something done in Mexico. They don't want you going there and saving so much money. I do eat much less around this couple, they never have more than one beer and usually have to split it

My foot dr said I should have the surgery this Winter but for now gave me a cortisone shot in the bunion to get me thru the Quad City Marathon and the last trip to Disney. He said it will slowly get worse if I don't do something and it will stay painful walking and running. Right now my heel is hurting but the bunion where I got the shot is not at all!!!
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #857
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Did you ask the doctor about the heel? Maybe the heel is hurting because maybe you are walking different because of the bunion. Is it the same foot? Now if you say it's the other foot, I don't know what to tell you. ha ha

I am not interested in knowing the name of the clinic. I don't want to be tempted. I have read a lot of people online who have gone to Mexico. I don't want to be forced to eat less. I want it to be my choice. Also, there are usually problems with getting nutrients. I feel that if you go through all that, you should eat very healthy from then on. My friend's daughter had WLS and lost over 100 lbs. She is still pretty big. She said she can eat 1 piece of pizza, then if she waits a couple hours, she can have another one. I feel that she should never be eating pizza at all. Eating like that is what made her fat in the first place. I know of a lot of people who have had WLS. Eventually, they can stretch out their pouch to accommodate more food, and that's how they gain most of the weight back, if not all. Eventually, she is going to stretch out that pouch enough that she will be able to eat more than one piece of pizza. Then what? But I just keep my mouth shut. I know how hard it is to pass up foods that you like. Most people I know who have had the surgery, insurance paid for it, but not the skin surgery. Medicare doesn't cover it. Also, I know that they take medical problems into consideration when approving you, but I don't think they would do it on my because of my age and heart disease. I have those leaky valves. But that's OK. I will struggle along the way I am. I don't want it bad enough to go through that and I don't want to be only allowed 1/2 C of food at a time. When I had my bowel surgery, I asked the doctor if he would do a tummy tuck too since he already had me opened up. ha ha He said no. I did get an ovary and appendix removed at the same time, though. A BOGO.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #858
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I agree PAC I don't want to be that restricted when choosing how much I can eat when I sit down. I like my occasional small binges, even tho I wish I had not done it afterwards of course. I say small, because I hardly ever have any 'big pig outs' anymore because I'm so uncomfortable and can't sleep, lay there tossing and turning. I choose to not put myself thru that, but I still over eat a little when out, causing me to not lose and get to where I want to be.

I did ask about the heel pain and yes it's the same foot. Dr didn't have a CLEAR answer really - said yes, maybe cause I'm walking funny due to bunion but honestly this heel thing is more painful that the bunion ever was??? I may have to go back there and ask for a cortozone shot in the heel!! I am actually limping now all the time?? It's always something isn't it
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 08-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #859
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I remember back when I was stricter with low carb, I would lose my appetite and when I did eat, it would be very small amounts. Not as bad as the people who have WLS have to eat, but small. Also, I have heard that WLS makes it easier and necessary for you to eat those smaller portions, but does nothing to stop cravings. I think cravings are more than half the problem. Fasting makes your appetite diminish.

Yesterday I read of a study where they found that slow loss is NOT best, like we've always been told. It said that people who have a steady loss of a pound or two a week lose more weight and keep it off better than those who flounder up and down the same pounds...like I do. I can understand that to a point, but then from reading different threads I find those who show really good steady losses, then a couple months later they are back, saying that they regained all their weight and want to do it over again. I haven't lost a lot of weight since 2008, sadly, but I swear if I ever find it in me to get a good significant loss, I will never gain it back. I guess no one ever thinks they are going to regain, but so many do. I think I would rather stay at 200 lbs than lose it and then gain it all back. It seems that anytime someone disappears from the forum for a while, you can pretty much bet that they had a regain and are embarassed to return. That's so heart breaking. But sometimes I'm embarassed that I talk a good talk but rarely show a good loss that sticks.

Just me giving myself a well-needed pep talk.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #860
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! It's been a few days since I checked in. Nothing new really, had the LAST big pool party yesterday but it really wasn't warm enough for people to enjoy it. Basically just a big cook-out with the usual family and close friends. DD has not had the baby yet even tho due date was last Saturday. She's pretty uncomfortable. I ate quite a few carbs and had about 5 beers, not horrible for a party but certainly not on plan. Saturday we went to Kewanee Hog Days - more beer of course and a big tenderloin. It was just a parade/carnival/excuse to drink beer kind of thing There's a big parade here in Rock Island today but not going to that one. Maybe just a Harley ride today or stay home and try to get back on a healthier track and close down the pool. Labor Day is always sad for me since it means summer is over and I'm such a lover of HOT weather. It's a downer and puts me in a bad mood. But I made eggs for breakfast and am about to take my usual walk and get on with life. Maybe the baby will come today?????

How is everyone else? Any good news to share???????
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 09-04-2017 at 06:22 AM..
Old 09-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #861
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

So, any news on the baby, Kris? I hope so, and all is well. Can't wait to hear.

I am doing OK. Feeling rather tired and run down, no spunk. Maybe it's the weather. I have not been doing great with food. Up one pound, so not too bad, but I wanted down. I'm 202, so I want to get back into Onederland. It will happen...just not today. Or tomorrow. LOL

I hated the really cold weather we had. It's too soon for that, but Sept usually has it's hot days before the cold sets in in October. I like all the seasons, but just don't like when it changes so drastically.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #862
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC I just got home from the hospital. DD delivered 7lb 9oz Broyn Cade this morning at 8:36. Normal delivery, no epideral, no pain meds at all. She was asking for a C-section, back pain was awful but he came out too soon, no time for C-section. She had a lot of severe back pain and then he was facing wrong way so they put her on hands & knees to get him to turn over. It worked - he flipped over but made her pain even worse. We had to meet at hospital and then leave and take both kids to 2 different places this morning so missed actual delivery but all went well and every one is good. Going back up at 4:00 after we pick up the middle child from Daycare, he's staying the night with us. I knew when the home phone rang at 5 AM that it was time!!

I'm doing awful on the weightloss thing. I'm pretty sure I'm gaining. Haven't gotten on scale in a day or two but I know it's not good. Just been in not the best mood I guess. Don't know why, I'll get out of the rut soon I'm sure. Lots coming up, new baby, getting ready for last trip to Disney, then will be babysitting full time when Jamie goes back to work. That will be fun.
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 09-06-2017 at 12:35 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #863
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I'm glad the baby is here and baby and mom are OK, but I'm sorry to hear she had so much trouble. I like the name. I never gave birth, so I missed out on all that fun, but I raised my step children from pre teen on, so didn't miss out on that fun age. LOL

You will be fine Kris. You have a lot on your plate right now (no pun intended) with so much more to come with the babysitting.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM   #864
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys! Kris, I hope all is well with the baby. Maybe they are home by now?

I'm still hanging at 202. Could be better, could be worse. Still trying to get over that 200 hump and start back down the hill.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #865
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, PAC All is well & she and baby are home now. She is getting her strength back, breastfeeding and pumping & freezing milk. When I start babysitting him in Oct I will have plenty of frozen breast milk to feed him. He still wants to eat all the time right now of course, will be one week old tomorrow. We are picking up middle child today from daycare and taking him to zoo & keeping him over night for one night. It will help her a little, but she'll still not be getting any sleep.

I'm the same, no loss, no gain. Drifting. My trip to Disney was planned for 2 weeks from today but we may have to cancel it due to the hurricane damage. We don't know if the gas stations will be up and running and even the Florida hotels. We had planned to go on to Daytona for a first week in Oct and I think Daytona was spared but will just have to wait and see how fast the clean up and power restoration goes in Florida.

Hope all is well with everyone
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #866
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Do you have reservations for your Disney trip? Will you be able to get a refund if they are not able to accommodate you?

I have stuffed cabbage rolls in the oven right now....a big turkey roaster full. It's not hard, but time consuming, and DH helps me. I make a lot and share them with step-daughter and her husband. This is one of the things DH will eat leftover, so we will be eating them for a couple days. They contain some rice, but not a lot, and are pretty low carb. With the leftover cabbage, I mix some noodles and make Haluski, like a good little Slovak wife. LOL the only part wasted is the core of the cabbage.

I was up a pound, but back down this morning. I am doing a great job of maintaining, but not losing. Maybe someday.

Kris, you will be so busy babysitting. It's nice that you get to spend so much time with your grandchildren. Will you have all 3 at the same time?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #867
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

yes PAC we do have reservations. I can cancel now and get my deposit back from the Disney property hotel but not the Shades of Green one, I'll lose $150 (one night) if I cancel it. We are considering canceling tho, worried about gas shortages, etc. Hard decision.

Great job on the maintaining. I think I am too, haven't really weighed. I know I'm not losing either. I'm disgusted with myself, cant stay focused on ANYTHING!

We don't watch all 3 kids at once, at least haven't yet. Its so wonderful to just have one at a time - the middle guy is just a joy to have around, he's still 3. I love the 5 yr old so much too but both together they cause havoc!! The new baby is 8 day old now and doing fine.

GB where are you? how you doing?
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #868
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I saw on TV that Disney is up and running, so you should be ok with that. I never thought about the gas.

My leg pain went away by some miracle. I remember having it before and it went away, but I don't know how it goes away. If it's something I'm doing, I would do it all the time. Sometimes they hurt so bad I can barely walk. Other times, nothing. My left hand still hurt but I think that's rheumatoid arthritis. I'm left handed, so there are a lot of things I have to do with my right hand and that's hard. I don't know if being online and doing the typing is good or bad. Sometimes they say you should keep moving. A body in motion stays in motion.

I hope you get to go and enjoy your trip.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #869
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC I don't know what to think about that pain coming and going??? I have a little bit of that but not enough lot to know anything about it?? I hope you are OK.

I'm so confused about the trip - don't know whether to cancel or not. I love the Army hotel (Shades of Green). It's like my home away from home. Such a good feeling when you get there Life in a flux right now.

Rode my bike 22 miles yesterday, been walking every day but not getting running in at all. Also been drinking a lot of craft beers lately Cant seem to shake the suds right now:

Weight is up sadly. I'm up to 143 from 139.
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 09-14-2017 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #870
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

It's just a number, Kris, and the number only differs by 4. 4lbs aren't even noticeable, ya know? Now if it was 4 lbs a week, that's a different story. But you keep it under control and it goes up and down those pounds. They don't accumulate. I think you are fine, and you are very concious of your weight and will never really let it get out of hand.

I am proud of you, that you keep on getting in that exercise, one way or another.

Dr Jason Fung