Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #871
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Kris, I'm glad the baby is here and baby and mom are OK, but I'm sorry to hear she had so much trouble. I like the name. I never gave birth, so I missed out on all that fun, but I raised my step children from pre teen on, so didn't miss out on that fun age. LOL

You will be fine Kris. You have a lot on your plate right now (no pun intended) with so much more to come with the babysitting.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM   #872
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys! Kris, I hope all is well with the baby. Maybe they are home by now?

I'm still hanging at 202. Could be better, could be worse. Still trying to get over that 200 hump and start back down the hill.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #873
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Yes, PAC All is well & she and baby are home now. She is getting her strength back, breastfeeding and pumping & freezing milk. When I start babysitting him in Oct I will have plenty of frozen breast milk to feed him. He still wants to eat all the time right now of course, will be one week old tomorrow. We are picking up middle child today from daycare and taking him to zoo & keeping him over night for one night. It will help her a little, but she'll still not be getting any sleep.

I'm the same, no loss, no gain. Drifting. My trip to Disney was planned for 2 weeks from today but we may have to cancel it due to the hurricane damage. We don't know if the gas stations will be up and running and even the Florida hotels. We had planned to go on to Daytona for a first week in Oct and I think Daytona was spared but will just have to wait and see how fast the clean up and power restoration goes in Florida.

Hope all is well with everyone
21 Aug 2017 - 139
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #874
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Do you have reservations for your Disney trip? Will you be able to get a refund if they are not able to accommodate you?

I have stuffed cabbage rolls in the oven right now....a big turkey roaster full. It's not hard, but time consuming, and DH helps me. I make a lot and share them with step-daughter and her husband. This is one of the things DH will eat leftover, so we will be eating them for a couple days. They contain some rice, but not a lot, and are pretty low carb. With the leftover cabbage, I mix some noodles and make Haluski, like a good little Slovak wife. LOL the only part wasted is the core of the cabbage.

I was up a pound, but back down this morning. I am doing a great job of maintaining, but not losing. Maybe someday.

Kris, you will be so busy babysitting. It's nice that you get to spend so much time with your grandchildren. Will you have all 3 at the same time?
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #875
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

yes PAC we do have reservations. I can cancel now and get my deposit back from the Disney property hotel but not the Shades of Green one, I'll lose $150 (one night) if I cancel it. We are considering canceling tho, worried about gas shortages, etc. Hard decision.

Great job on the maintaining. I think I am too, haven't really weighed. I know I'm not losing either. I'm disgusted with myself, cant stay focused on ANYTHING!

We don't watch all 3 kids at once, at least haven't yet. Its so wonderful to just have one at a time - the middle guy is just a joy to have around, he's still 3. I love the 5 yr old so much too but both together they cause havoc!! The new baby is 8 day old now and doing fine.

GB where are you? how you doing?
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 09-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #876
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I saw on TV that Disney is up and running, so you should be ok with that. I never thought about the gas.

My leg pain went away by some miracle. I remember having it before and it went away, but I don't know how it goes away. If it's something I'm doing, I would do it all the time. Sometimes they hurt so bad I can barely walk. Other times, nothing. My left hand still hurt but I think that's rheumatoid arthritis. I'm left handed, so there are a lot of things I have to do with my right hand and that's hard. I don't know if being online and doing the typing is good or bad. Sometimes they say you should keep moving. A body in motion stays in motion.

I hope you get to go and enjoy your trip.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #877
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC I don't know what to think about that pain coming and going??? I have a little bit of that but not enough lot to know anything about it?? I hope you are OK.

I'm so confused about the trip - don't know whether to cancel or not. I love the Army hotel (Shades of Green). It's like my home away from home. Such a good feeling when you get there Life in a flux right now.

Rode my bike 22 miles yesterday, been walking every day but not getting running in at all. Also been drinking a lot of craft beers lately Cant seem to shake the suds right now:

Weight is up sadly. I'm up to 143 from 139.
21 Aug 2017 - 139

Last edited by schaferk; 09-14-2017 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #878
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

It's just a number, Kris, and the number only differs by 4. 4lbs aren't even noticeable, ya know? Now if it was 4 lbs a week, that's a different story. But you keep it under control and it goes up and down those pounds. They don't accumulate. I think you are fine, and you are very concious of your weight and will never really let it get out of hand.

I am proud of you, that you keep on getting in that exercise, one way or another.