Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #331
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Dawn, your stats look like mine except you are further along! It's exciting to watch someone who is just a bit ahead of me and know that I can keep going.

How is everyone today?
hi--- lately it seems like I am just losing really fast, I am averaging walking 7-10 miles daily, plus this exercise DVD. My real challenge will be when I return to work in 2 weeks! yikes! working for a school does have it's benefits but it is quite stressful too in my position. That is where all my really bad behavior is---there is always food all over, someone's birthday, party etc. I will just focus on today and doing good right now. We are very similar in stats for weight too. I think I am older than you---52 now. Hope everyone is hanging in there!
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 09:46 AM   #332
Tabbysouthernbelle
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 173.7/160.5/130
Start Date: August 24, 2016
Wo-hoo!

Weighed in yesterday for the first time and lost 8 pounds! It definitely is encouraging to continue staying strong.
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #333
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbysouthernbelle View Post
Weighed in yesterday for the first time and lost 8 pounds! It definitely is encouraging to continue staying strong.
Congrats! that is awesome!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #334
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Motivated
Stats: 254/248/170
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 2014
Hey Everyone! I'm new to the group and came across this thread a few moments ago. I have not had the chance to read through the 12 pages of comments (but I certainly am). I am really contemplating MediWeight Loss. I just really dont know because I've tried so many other diet plans only to end up losing money and gaining more pounds. Does this program REALLY work...is it difficult and do you feel/see results? Please help. I just want to make sure I do not invest thousands of dollars on something that wont work. Thanks so much! :-)
Motivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #335
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Hi spinningblue,
Doing well today for me! I feel like making high protein choices is becoming more of a habit. I made pot roast tonight, but instead of the usual carrots and potatoes, I made it with just broccoli. It was really yummy! I'm definitely feeling more full and satisfied by my meals. I hope this is reflected in my next weigh in Tuesday morning :-) how is it going for you? Still craving that something?
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #336
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

How much have you lost so far Nykhoel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
Hi spinningblue,
Doing well today for me! I feel like making high protein choices is becoming more of a habit. I made pot roast tonight, but instead of the usual carrots and potatoes, I made it with just broccoli. It was really yummy! I'm definitely feeling more full and satisfied by my meals. I hope this is reflected in my next weigh in Tuesday morning :-) how is it going for you? Still craving that something?
Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #337
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

welcome

Welcome Motivated! it is always hard to know what choice to make, I would advise reading blogs, reviews etc. There is a wealth of knowledge out there. how do you know if anything is the right choice, just make the right for you at this time/moment. I am down 29 lbs in a month with the program, I am doing a lot of walking and exercising, the hard part for any program is the maintenance and being committed to change what you are doing. I have done everything too, hoping this is for me in the long run as well. Best of luck with this and keep us posted!

Old 08-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #338
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Doing well today - excited for an event that I have planned at work. I was struggling thinking about breakfast because I knew I would be involved with this event all during lunch. Then I remember today is omeltte day in the company cafeteria! Perfect!

I'm not losing nearly as fast as I did last week. I am staying on plan and taking the AS, but not the supplements. I'm getting back on the supplements today! Not overoding it with fruit or veggies so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm going to keep going though!
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #339
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I think the supplements help, glad you are getting back on them.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #340
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

I would be more worried about this plan if I weren't taking the supplements. I think last week I may have been eating too many processed/preserved foods. I ate canned tuna, bacon, sausage, etc. these all have a lot of sodium. This is probably why I ended up losing just 3 lbs. I had gained water weight and the only thing I can think of is my appointment being later in the day and too much sodium. I'm trying better habits like packing a lunch the night before instead. Of in the morning. For the first time in my life, I threw away food from the fridge and cabinets that was still good. I didn't need the bagels staring me in the face in the mornings anymore.
My clinic has me on a 700-900 calorie a day diet, unlike everyone else that seems to be at 500. Perhaps because I'm significantly heavier. Anyway, I'm finding that sometimes if I can't figure out what to eat and I don't feel like making more sausage or yogurt, I just don't eat. I was warned to eat all of the calories they've given me, but most days I don't reach it because it's just not what I was looking for to eat. Now give me some tortilla chips and salsa and I'd be happy as a clam. Any snack suggestions? I'm allowed 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked veggies. No fruit yet.

Motivated: I've lost 6lbs of fat, but shows as only 3lbs because I have gained some water weight. I can definitely (I hope) tell that this weeks weigh in will be better. I agree, you need to seriously research and find what works for you. Weight watchers worked somewhat for me, but not completely. I needed an overhaul on how my food affects me and what calories count for more. As in, 100 calories of nuts is way better than 100 calories of cookies, obviously. But with weight watchers they don't focus on that as much. I feel like medi has the potential to change my life, truly. But it is not easy. As they say, nothing worth having comes easy. If any diet were easy, no one would have a weight issue. As for cost, it can be expensive (I'm lucky that my insurance is accepted), but think of how much it'll cost if you don't get healthy. So many medical issues can arise, clothes are more expensive, you miss out on things if you aren't fit. I wish you the stregth and stay motivated!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #341
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
Welcome Motivated! it is always hard to know what choice to make, I would advise reading blogs, reviews etc. There is a wealth of knowledge out there. how do you know if anything is the right choice, just make the right for you at this time/moment. I am down 29 lbs in a month with the program, I am doing a lot of walking and exercising, the hard part for any program is the maintenance and being committed to change what you are doing. I have done everything too, hoping this is for me in the long run as well. Best of luck with this and keep us posted!

Old 08-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #342
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys- I took one round of the supplements yesterday and am going back on the full dose today. According to my scale I've only lost one pound this week and my weigh in is Monday. I'm following the plan strictly, too. I did have a huge loss last week though and my clothes are feeling loose!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #343
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

glad to hear you are back on them! I am struggling past few days drinking water or fluids, just don't feel like it! I am trying to force myself to get on track with that piece. How is everyone else doing? Dawn
Old 08-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #344
mellymel
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mellymel
Stats: 367/303/165
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 4/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm new to the group and came across this thread a few moments ago. I have not had the chance to read through the 12 pages of comments (but I certainly am). I am really contemplating MediWeight Loss. I just really dont know because I've tried so many other diet plans only to end up losing money and gaining more pounds. Does this program REALLY work...is it difficult and do you feel/see results? Please help. I just want to make sure I do not invest thousands of dollars on something that wont work. Thanks so much! :-)
Hi Motivated, I totally understand how you feel. I was very worried when I was looking at programs and spending so much money only to gain the weight back or not stick to it. I agree with nykhoel in that you need to do whatever you think will work the best for you. For me, Medi is the best decision I've made this year. It is a lot of money, but that (along with weekly visits) keeps me accountable. So, yes, it works... but only as long as YOU do the work! As far as it being difficult, yes it can be. There are a lot of days where I make it to 5pm and feel a lot of fatigue. But those are the days I'm not drinking enough water/electrolytes, taking my supplements as directed, or forget to take my appetite suppresant... so those days are a lot harder. It's a significant calorie reduction and the water and supplements are vital to helping me make it through the day without feeling deprived. I'm not sure what your starting point is and where you want to go, but I have had huge results in three months. My clothes are loose, it's not as taxing to move around as it used to be, I'm breathing better and not snoring anymore. So I am personally really satisfied with my progress and I am excited to see it through to the end!

Quote:
I would be more worried about this plan if I weren't taking the supplements. I think last week I may have been eating too many processed/preserved foods. I ate canned tuna, bacon, sausage, etc. these all have a lot of sodium. This is probably why I ended up losing just 3 lbs. I had gained water weight and the only thing I can think of is my appointment being later in the day and too much sodium. I'm trying better habits like packing a lunch the night before instead. Of in the morning. For the first time in my life, I threw away food from the fridge and cabinets that was still good. I didn't need the bagels staring me in the face in the mornings anymore.
My clinic has me on a 700-900 calorie a day diet, unlike everyone else that seems to be at 500. Perhaps because I'm significantly heavier. Anyway, I'm finding that sometimes if I can't figure out what to eat and I don't feel like making more sausage or yogurt, I just don't eat. I was warned to eat all of the calories they've given me, but most days I don't reach it because it's just not what I was looking for to eat. Now give me some tortilla chips and salsa and I'd be happy as a clam. Any snack suggestions? I'm allowed 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked veggies. No fruit yet.
Nykhoel, What really helps me is to make my breakfast and lunch meals for the week on Sunday and have them all weighed out, labeled, and ready to go. I personally am so worn out from work and the reduced calories when I get home that I can barely get the energy to make dinner (that's usually when I get lazy and heat up some sausage unless my husband is taking care of dinner). I just drink extra water to help flush out the extra sodium. I'm going to add another supplement called natural calm that the new NP at my clinic suggested. She says it helps with fatigue and "digestion".

As for snacks, are you talking about protein snacks or sweets? For protein, I make some hard-boiled eggs and take them to work or I'll have a half serving of protein shake. If I really need something sweet, the CVS stores in my area sell sugar free gummy bears, twizzlers, etc. I usually get those when we go to the movies, but they do have a lot of sugar alcohols so I have to drink extra water bc it can cause water retention. I feel ya on the chips and salsa. Actually this week I found some salsa at walmart that was made without tomatoes (I'm not eating fruits yet either) and i eat that with some veggie chips. It's totally worth it to me to just eat straight protein some days so that I can "indulge" while staying within my carb limits.
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #345
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

MellyMel: Wow!! Thank you so much for the motivation!! That is SOOO AWESOME that it is working for you. My starting weight is 254. I want to get to about 170. I have no desire to be skinny...just healthy and able to take walks without losing my breath. I made an appt with Medi in my area for a consultation. We shall see!!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
Hi Motivated, I totally understand how you feel. I was very worried when I was looking at programs and spending so much money only to gain the weight back or not stick to it. I agree with nykhoel in that you need to do whatever you think will work the best for you. For me, Medi is the best decision I've made this year. It is a lot of money, but that (along with weekly visits) keeps me accountable. So, yes, it works... but only as long as YOU do the work! As far as it being difficult, yes it can be. There are a lot of days where I make it to 5pm and feel a lot of fatigue. But those are the days I'm not drinking enough water/electrolytes, taking my supplements as directed, or forget to take my appetite suppresant... so those days are a lot harder. It's a significant calorie reduction and the water and supplements are vital to helping me make it through the day without feeling deprived. I'm not sure what your starting point is and where you want to go, but I have had huge results in three months. My clothes are loose, it's not as taxing to move around as it used to be, I'm breathing better and not snoring anymore. So I am personally really satisfied with my progress and I am excited to see it through to the end!

Nykhoel, What really helps me is to make my breakfast and lunch meals for the week on Sunday and have them all weighed out, labeled, and ready to go. I personally am so worn out from work and the reduced calories when I get home that I can barely get the energy to make dinner (that's usually when I get lazy and heat up some sausage unless my husband is taking care of dinner). I just drink extra water to help flush out the extra sodium. I'm going to add another supplement called natural calm that the new NP at my clinic suggested. She says it helps with fatigue and "digestion".

As for snacks, are you talking about protein snacks or sweets? For protein, I make some hard-boiled eggs and take them to work or I'll have a half serving of protein shake. If I really need something sweet, the CVS stores in my area sell sugar free gummy bears, twizzlers, etc. I usually get those when we go to the movies, but they do have a lot of sugar alcohols so I have to drink extra water bc it can cause water retention. I feel ya on the chips and salsa. Actually this week I found some salsa at walmart that was made without tomatoes (I'm not eating fruits yet either) and i eat that with some veggie chips. It's totally worth it to me to just eat straight protein some days so that I can "indulge" while staying within my carb limits.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #346
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Melly,
Thanks so much for the advice! I work the weirdest work hours and although some days it's only 2-3 hours, I can go a stretch of 2+ weeks with no day off. But I think a routine will definitely help me. I've seen some recipes for low carb "egg muffins" to make for breakfasts, has anyone made something like this? I'll probably try it out and I'll post the recipe if I do :-)
I do have the occasional craving for chocolate, but I think I've always craving salty crunchy snacks more than sweets. Then again, I'm only two weeks in ;-) I'm curious about the natural calm, do you know what the ingredients are? I actually skipped the shots completely this week and ironically feel better without them.
With my weekend job, I take care of a man with MS. He's wheelchair bound, but likes to go out to lunch everyday. Most days, it's just driving through the drive though. He always wants to buy me lunch, but I skip that and stick with my tuna/leftover dinner. When I come home I feel like I've used up my willpower and I'm craving something. Now that I can have veggies, cucumbers are helping with the crunchy cravings.
Once I need to buy a new pair of jeans, I think I'll feel more motivated.i I can't wait for that day!
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #347
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Motivated: Good luck with your appt. when you go! I think most of us just want to be at a healthier weight and not concerned with getting skinny as you say. The health benefits are worth it if we even drop a few pounds. Keep us posted on how you are doing and how the first week is going for you. I wish my insurance paid for this, it isn't even covered under my flex spending! How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #348
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Dawn, when I talked to my insurance company initially, they agent was very sweet and trying to give me hints to get things at least partially covered. She told me that I was covered to have a meeting with a dietician and if nothing else, the clinic would be able to help me file the correct "codes". It just so happened that the clinic partnered up with blue cross blue shield literally the day before I called for my appointment. I'm so so so grateful for that. The supplements are not included, but everything else is. There's no way I could afford it otherwise.

I agree with you dawn, I know I'll never be skinny, nor do I want to be. I want to be fit and healthy. Nice job on the weight loss so far!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #349
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Nyhoel---I will see if that would work, my insurance excludes anything with weight loss so I am not thinking optimist on it. I track the old fashion way in the medi journal book you get, I like that and look at it frequently. I also have my activity bracelet that I can do it on but too much hassel for me to do on my phone. I have read a lot and researched more about this ketogenic diet we are on and it is all rather interesting when you really look at some of the information you can discover about it. I found it interesting about ketoadaptation and that it takes us about 2-4 weeks for our brain to adapt to using ketones as a fuel source and not carbs and the emphasis on how 1 cheat can blow your ketosis and you have to start all over. After looking at the info, I feel I am more committed to the idea of not cheating and sticking to this for the weight loss. Weigh in today!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #350
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Still not down much weight - only a pound or so for week 2, but after a 10 pound loss the first week, I suppose I'm ok with it. I'll be glad to weigh in and find out what the fat and water loss is.

I'm back on the supplements and I can tell a difference in the way I feel.

I'm using a tracker and I really like it. I have just set my calorie goal as my protein calorie goal and I'm not inputting my fruit and veggie. So far that seems to be ok. I'm going to ask my counselor about it today when I go in. I also have it synched with my fitbit, but I haven't been exercising yet so I'm not sure how that's going to work.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #351
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Ive read a little on ketosis, but if you found a great article youd like to share I'd love to read more. I cheated last night. I had bread. :-/ it was a filled chicken sandwich. I was so hungry and thought screw it! But felt guilty after. Todays a new day and tomorrow morning I weigh in! I hope some water weight is gone and more fat gone forever!
Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #352
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

start over

all you can do it start over today. If you start researching the ketosis type diets and listen to the experts on this, it is rather interesting to really understand what has happened in our nation in the last 27 years since fructose and sucrose in our food. All this carb food is making us fat and causing our insulin levels to rise and store fat. We are becoming insulin resistance and probably all have some signs or have Metabolic syndrome if we continue down this path. Do some research on it and listen to some of the doctors opinions out there. Go to the clinic and get a plan on how you can stay on track. That would be my challenge to all of you. Education is the key on this, then you can make an informed decision, is this really for you or do you just want to stay where you are. If you want to get healthy, commit to yourself that you are worth the time and energy to change. We are all worth that! Dawn
Old 08-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #353
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

I am down 3 lbs, all fat gone! So that makes me 6lbs down, but 9.8lbs of fat gone! I was told not to worry about the water weight, as my body is already used to the recommended amount of water. This also is the reason I didn't drop a bigger amount the first week. My water weight increased the first week, stayed the same the second week. So I guess I'm happy that almost 10lbs of fat is off my body. How are you guys doing?
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #354
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I am down 3 lbs, all fat gone! So that makes me 6lbs down, but 9.8lbs of fat gone! I was told not to worry about the water weight, as my body is already used to the recommended amount of water. This also is the reason I didn't drop a bigger amount the first week. My water weight increased the first week, stayed the same the second week. So I guess I'm happy that almost 10lbs of fat is off my body. How are you guys doing?
That's wonderful! Keep it up!

I had a really good meeting with my counsellor this week. She was able to help me quite a bit! I'm glad to be at a clinic that has good ones!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #355
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Youre so right spinningblue, a good counselor makes all the difference. The MA, dietician and PA are all so down to earth and good at motivating me. They had me pick up a backpack with 10lbs in it. It seriously puts in perspective how much of a big deal it really is! I know you guys have all lost more than me- so a big congrats! Do you feel like you have more energy?
Old 08-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #356
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

I have problems getting all my calories in on some days.. Does that ever happen to you guys? If it does, what do you typically eat to catch up? (something fast and easy?)
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #357
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

how many calories are u on? I am at 500 and usually want more than that, I make chicken breast in advance and slice it, then I just eat it cold.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #358
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

The only days I've actually reached my calorie goal were when I ate something I shouldn't have. But if I were on only 500 calories, I'd have no issue! Something to keep in mind, nuts are high calories for just a little bit so that may help. Sometimes I'll have a cheese stick (60-80 cal depending on brand). My typical day is 600-700. They want me eating more but even when I don't take the appetite suppressant, I'm just picking things that are more filling and am getting used to being distracted instead of focused on food. Maybe even a little peanut butter would help?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #359
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

The serving size of nuts is so small, I can only have 12 nuts which is the requirement for the fat you need, I could easily eat 1/2 cup plus! and you are not to eat the roasted ones! Make sure you are getting the right food vs the stuff you know you are not suppose to eat. Try larger sizes of the protein, you will have your calories in no time then. This diet really will not work with off foods if they have carbs in them, it just will eventually take you out of ketosis, once u are out of ketosis, it takes more time to get your metabolism/and your burn for using ketones for fuel vs carbs. I am almost done with week 6 you are more satiety with this diet. Stick to the protein and try increasing your size when you do. I only really eat 3x's a day and it is doable for me. Keep on trying what will work for you!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #360
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

peanut butter

at my clinic they discourage peanut butter since that is probably a more desired food maybe, I just don't eat it and I work want a reeses peanut butter cup! For me, since I am a sugar sweet addict, I would want more of that product so for me, I know I can't have that one. Dawn