Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #361
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Thanks guys! My target is 600 calories. I do eat my allowance of nuts, but that doesn't count towards my 600 if I just eat the serving for my daily fat.

Lately I've been eating celery and hummus at the end of the day if I have calories I need to use. I love hummus, though - and it's easy to overeat!

I just don't get that hungry anymore - even when I forgot my AS one day. It's kind of nice, actually.
spinningblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #362
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
Thanks guys! My target is 600 calories. I do eat my allowance of nuts, but that doesn't count towards my 600 if I just eat the serving for my daily fat.

Lately I've been eating celery and hummus at the end of the day if I have calories I need to use. I love hummus, though - and it's easy to overeat!

I just don't get that hungry anymore - even when I forgot my AS one day. It's kind of nice, actually.
you are doing great! just keep it up, make sure you are tracking too, that I always a good reminder to eat too! Dawn
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #363
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
I hear ya on the not as hungry part. I think most times I ate before, it was out of habit. Like coming home from work, I might be a little hungry but just waiting another hour for dinner just didn't cross my mind. I smacked until I filled up and then felt like I needed a balanced meal and would eat dinner too. I would eat until I was overstuffed! Or snacking on popcorn or chips whole watching a movie. Why are snacks required for a movie? They're not.
Anyway, that was my personal rant lol. When talking about what I CAN and CANNOT have with the dietician, she reminded me that I'm making this change for life. If I am craving fruit, have a small serving. Just keep it in mind and maybe not have as much dairy that day. She said if I do come to a plateau and im eating a banana every day, that's when it would count for me to get really strict about that again. But she told me there's nothing wrong with throwing a banana in with my protein shake or something. I can't spend the rest of my life worrying about what protein I can eat and worry if it will mess me up. I know I'm only in week 3, but I feel so much better. Ive learned to focus on protein meals, but I'm just not the kind of person that can be strict the rest of my life.
This is just me and I have the greatest respect for someone that can follow a strict plan exactly. Each individual is different and if we can all find a way to be healthy and still enjoy life, I think that's the ultimate goal!
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #364
LowCarb10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarb10
Stats: 171/158.3/140
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: April 29, 2014
Does anyone know how long until your membership at a clinic is up... I am restarting now but haven't been to my clinic in two months... do I have to re-purchase a start up fee?
LowCarb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #365
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hi and welcome, I am new to my clinic and don't know the answer. Hopefully not! Dawn
Old 08-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #366
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

How's everybody doing? My third weigh in is tomorrow and I'm nervous. My scale has been all over the place this week!

I have splurged on carbs twice since I started this WOE - each night I was up all night with crazy insomnia! Theories?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #367
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

you are probably just feeling bad about cheating, just start over and don't worry about it, my weight from yesterday to today went up 4 lbs, I ate a lot of ham and probably sodium, I walk 9-12 miles every day and it does not make sense to me either why I am that high. I just tell myself to hang in there and do the best you can. I weigh in tomorrow too. So it might be what you are eating and sodium retention is causing weight gain. Dawn
Old 08-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #368
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

I agree, sodium makes a huge difference. Drink a ton ton ton of water the day before weigh in and that should get rid of a lot of it! Either way, you're shooting for fat loss.

Spinning blue- I splurged on carbs this weekend too. I ate two pieces of pizza on Friday and yesterday I had tortilla chips. I feel terrible about it and think it's really going to affect my weigh in tomorrow. But I can't give up this is a new day new week and new me! Even with the screw ups, I'm better than where I'm started and so are you!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #369
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 224.8/209.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss on my own.
Start Date: 03/23/15
Quote:
How's everybody doing? My third weigh in is tomorrow and I'm nervous. My scale has been all over the place this week!

I have splurged on carbs twice since I started this WOE - each night I was up all night with crazy insomnia! Theories?
Spinningblue I had horrifying insomnia for a solid week when I started this and then it passed. I've started, stopped and restarted this diet in the past and this has happened every time. I personally think it just has something to do with your body adjusting to the sudden shock of change. Thank God it did pass, or I probably wouldn't have been able to stick to this diet. I thought I was going insane that first week.

Everyone is doing so great! KUTGW!!

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

Last edited by FarmGal; 08-11-2014 at 07:06 AM..
FarmGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #370
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement! The insomnia is just more incentive to make sure I stick to this WOE! I know we can do this!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #371
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hey there! Started June 30 and now 32 lbs down with the program! I did go out after my appt. and celebrated but ate 2 eggs and bacon while my friend ate strawberry waffle. How is everyone else doing?

There is a process called ketogenic flu when we switch from going to glucose burning to fat burning, that is why we are so sick feeling he first week you are on the program.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #372
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement! The insomnia is just more incentive to make sure I stick to this WOE! I know we can do this!
Spinningblue, that's how I'm trying to look at it this time. I don't want to keep putting myself through this yo yo dieting roller coaster and everything that goes along with it. I really want to get this taken care of once and for all. We CAN do this!!

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #373
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
hey there! Started June 30 and now 32 lbs down with the program! I did go out after my appt. and celebrated but ate 2 eggs and bacon while my friend ate strawberry waffle. How is everyone else doing?

There is a process called ketogenic flu when we switch from going to glucose burning to fat burning, that is why we are so sick feeling he first week you are on the program.
Dawn, you are doing SO great! You're a true inspiration!

Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #374
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Thanks FarmGal! How are you doing? I am walking about 10 miles a day, that is probably why I am losing ---I did 100 miles from Aug. 1 to now, so that is helping big time. I go back to work on Thursday and now I will be in a real challenge when my school job returns. There is food everywhere! Keep me posted on how you are doing! Dawn
Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #375
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Weigh in today: 2.8 pounds!

Tonight I am making the Low Carb Texas Taco Bake from the Medi site. So far it looks delicious - I'll let you know how it turns out!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #376
katiebug66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katiebug66
I had my first Medi appointment today. Nervous and excited. Ready to have week 1 done.
katiebug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #377
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck Katiebug 66---let us know how you are doing! First week can be challenging, how many calories are you on? and drink lots of water!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #378
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

recipe

Quote:

Tonight I am making the Low Carb Texas Taco Bake from the Medi site. So far it looks delicious - I'll let you know how it turns out!
hi---I looked everywhere, where is that recipe? or can you post it, thanks!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #379
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks FarmGal! How are you doing? I am walking about 10 miles a day, that is probably why I am losing ---I did 100 miles from Aug. 1 to now, so that is helping big time. I go back to work on Thursday and now I will be in a real challenge when my school job returns. There is food everywhere! Keep me posted on how you are doing! Dawn
You walk 10 miles per day??? How long does that take you? I'd love to be able to do that! I haven't even started exercising. I have fibromyalgia and the dieting itself has sent me into a flareup. I'm afraid to add exercise. KUTGW!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #380
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats, Spinningblue! That's great! Numbers are moving in the right direction! What are you down to now?

Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #381
FarmGal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug66 View Post
I had my first Medi appointment today. Nervous and excited. Ready to have week 1 done.
Keep us posted, Katiebug!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #382
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmGal View Post
You walk 10 miles per day??? How long does that take you? I'd love to be able to do that! I haven't even started exercising. I have fibromyalgia and the dieting itself has sent me into a flareup. I'm afraid to add exercise. KUTGW!
sometimes more, it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes to do 7 in the morning, then in the evening I do 3 with the puppies, which is a good hour. I go back to work on Thursday so all my leisure walking will be cut down big time, it is nice being a school nurse for summers off for this reason. There is a lot of research out there that conclude exercise has nothing to do with weight loss too, just go slowly if you can tolerate it, it helps with overall well being if you can do that without a lot of pain which is the real challenge. Today I walked in the rain and it was 55 degrees here, I felt frozen when I returned. Dawn
Old 08-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #383
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! Awesome job with the losses and welcome to Katie. First week is so difficult, but stick with it. It really kick starts your body and when you see the results on the scale it'll make it worth it!

I had my weigh in today,and despite eating "bad" two days,I still lost 2.6! Talking with the dietician I realized one big reason, I have much better portion control. I ate DOMINOES. So I really screwed it up. But I honestly felt full after two pieces when I would normally eat 5 and feel sick after. The last two days I got back on track and upped more water. Here's to losing more leach week :-)
Kudos to you dawn, I get bored of walks and think way too much. I do walk for a short time usually twice a day as well. I probabably total 3-4miles a day. I lost my fitbit, but that's what I used to track ;-)
I've saved youtube videos of Zumba dances and other exercises and go through the. Once in awhile. I always have fun and feel good after,time together back to that!
What does everyone else do for exercise? Especially at night/rainy days?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #384
katiebug66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katiebug66
Thanks for all the encouragement! Day 1 has been okay. I am certainly not a big meat eater so I am just focusing on one day at at time. And not thinking of the whole week. Looking forward to getting week one done. I did the 'prepay' for 8 weeks so I am locked in and they were so great at the clinic.

I used to drink a lot of calories which is silly. I've always drank a lot of water too though so the water isn't that hard. I did go by sonic and get a cup of ice to drink my powerade zero on and that made me feel like I was getting a treat.

Dawn - it was 98 here today! I wish I felt frozen!
katiebug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #385
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Every one is doing great! Congrats on day 1 Katiebugg, make sure you get a variety of meats, that helps, eat shrimp/fish if you can. I am walking a lot, out in the country which is very peaceful, I really take the time to look at where I am, so that is cool, today there were of a lot of snails out, nice flowers to look at and always a huge heard of horses. I am finding peace with that, I will be back in the crazy work world on Thursday---there goes my peace! I have the exercise dvd I do but I think I am going to die doing it! there are some cool things on you tube, right now too busy walking. Still cold here, right now 61, fall is coming and the trees are going to be orange and red before you know it! Dawn
Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #386
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
hi---I looked everywhere, where is that recipe? or can you post it, thanks!
It's on the medi site and you have to be a member to get access. I looked in our recipe rooms here and it looked like someone had posted them one time, but they were all taken down. I'm afraid I'll get in medi-trouble if I post it.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #387
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hi I did look at the member site which I have access too, what is the name it is under then, thanks! it sounds really good!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #388
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Katie- I struggled big time with having to eat so much meat. I was told I could focus on the vegetarian options and still be fine. What saves me is the morningstar veggie patties. Ive always liked them and theyre on sale at target this week ;-) they have a few varieties. I also did canned tuna and used greek yogurt dip mixed in instead of mayo. Since week 2 I've used cucumber slices as "crackers" and its perfect for lunch. I also recommend finding a chicken broth you like. I keep the individual packets with me at work and its perfect. Plain greek yogurt I used in place of sour cream. I made taco meat and sprinkled some cheese on and I really feel like im eating tacos. Its getting used to little modifications. I didnt realize the sheer amount of carbs I was eating before!

Side note for everyone else: the past few nights I've taken my pm supplements later than I usually do. As im trying to fall asleep im feeling really nauseous. Has this happened to anyone? I will try to take them earlier, or perhaps all of them at once is too much? I dont take the appetite suppressant at night, so I know its not that. I also know its not the inner balance as I take that maybe once a week. My stomach is feeling crampy. :-/
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 AM   #389
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I get a sick feeling from the afternoon ones too! Just too many! I did finally find the taco bake on medi's web site, I did an individual search and it popped up right away! I can't make that though, too many calories for me since I only do 500 daily---I am thinking about getting my calories increase, lately I am hungry. Keep up the good work everyone! Dawn
Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #390
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I get a sick feeling from the afternoon ones too! Just too many! I did finally find the taco bake on medi's web site, I did an individual search and it popped up right away! I can't make that though, too many calories for me since I only do 500 daily---I am thinking about getting my calories increase, lately I am hungry. Keep up the good work everyone! Dawn
Hey Dawn, it IS quite caloric! I did exercise that day so that I could afford to eat a slice! The man at home will have to eat the leftovers. But it sure was good!