Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #421
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprice View Post
Thanks for your support Dawn! I am just so nervous that this, just like everything else I've tried, will not work. But I'm hanging in there! I weigh in for the first time in two days! Does anyone know how they determine our caloric intake? What's it based off?
hi! I don't know what they base it on, I am on 500 to 550, usually 570 for what I do. I know from reading this, it is definitely wide range, probably age, height, bmi, health issues etc. I asked to go higher today and just told me if I had too, then increase some protein. I have done everything too, and many times. Like I said, my hubby is doing this, averaging like1400-1500 daily, doing Adkins==Dr. Westman's program it is like this, and he is losing really easily without even trying. I really started losing the longer I am on this. I think it really has to being in a true nutritional ketosis. So give it time, it does work. how many calories do they have you on? Ask them too why they have you on that number, advocate for yourself and educate yourself on nutritional ketosis. Dawn PS (don't waste your energy on worrying about this, that only increases cortisol which increases body fat) Be happy you are doing something about it!
dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #422
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
I did my weigh in at home today and had a nice 2.2 pound loss!

This is especially exciting since I am at the beginning of my TOM and I have some serious water weight right now.

...running off to change my stats!
Yeah! great job!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #423
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarb10 View Post
Just checking in! Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I restarted a little over a week ago and its been great. I even went away this weekend and stayed totally on plan... the medi chocolate sensations really help me stay on plan... perfect after dinner or afternoon treat when I just really want some chocolate!
hi! Glad you are doing well! they don't have chocolate sensations by my clinic, they sound good! keep us posted how you are doing!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #424
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Medi is working for me, weigh in today, 36 lbs off in 8 weeks! and I even passed up all the food at work! Dan is down 30 lbs since he started doing what I am doing.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #425
katiebug66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katiebug66
First weigh in and down 6.7 pounds! 3 pounds of fat - the number I am more excited about is 1.5 inch off my waist. Yay!! Had my first salad and today was our first day of school and I passed up the dessert our secretary brought. That was huge!
katiebug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #426
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug66 View Post
First weigh in and down 6.7 pounds! 3 pounds of fat - the number I am more excited about is 1.5 inch off my waist. Yay!! Had my first salad and today was our first day of school and I passed up the dessert our secretary brought. That was huge!
that's fantastic! way to go! Dawn
Old 08-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #427
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsprice
Stats: 180/150/140 (5'6)
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
hi! I don't know what they base it on, I am on 500 to 550, usually 570 for what I do. I know from reading this, it is definitely wide range, probably age, height, bmi, health issues etc. I asked to go higher today and just told me if I had too, then increase some protein. I have done everything too, and many times. Like I said, my hubby is doing this, averaging like1400-1500 daily, doing Adkins==Dr. Westman's program it is like this, and he is losing really easily without even trying. I really started losing the longer I am on this. I think it really has to being in a true nutritional ketosis. So give it time, it does work. how many calories do they have you on? Ask them too why they have you on that number, advocate for yourself and educate yourself on nutritional ketosis. Dawn PS (don't waste your energy on worrying about this, that only increases cortisol which increases body fat) Be happy you are doing something about it!
They have me on 650-750. I will def ask on Wed when I go for my first weigh in. Do you know how much sugar free jello I can eat without going overboard? I am definitely a sweets girl, and I'm having milk chocolate withdraws!! Plus my husband just brought home 24 Krispy Creme Donuts!!! Help!!
mrsprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #428
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Medi is working for me, weigh in today, 36 lbs off in 8 weeks! and I even passed up all the food at work! Dan is down 30 lbs since he started doing what I am doing.
Congrats to you both!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #429
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
They have me on 650-750. I will def ask on Wed when I go for my first weigh in. Do you know how much sugar free jello I can eat without going overboard? I am definitely a sweets girl, and I'm having milk chocolate withdraws!! Plus my husband just brought home 24 Krispy Creme Donuts!!! Help!!
hi---you can have unlimited sugar free jello and pickles. Donuts would not be good for me, at work they had them last week every day at work, just the smell I wanted them but told myself no. I have not cheated in this time period, really had the thought a few times but overcame it. You have to remember it is the sugar in the milk and donuts that r bodies are fighting to have/your brain wants that because it is a reward and you have to keep eating more and more to get the same biochemical reaction. I am a sweets person too===but if you stick with this, the cravings to stop, it for me is psychological desire vs physical. Keep trying and keep us posted. Dawn
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #430
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did my weigh in at home today and had a nice 2.2 pound loss!

This is especially exciting since I am at the beginning of my TOM and I have some serious water weight right now.

...running off to change my stats!
nice picture---I can't seem to get one on. Not sure what I am doing wrong! any idea on that? thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #431
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Quote:
nice picture---I can't seem to get one on. Not sure what I am doing wrong! any idea on that? thanks
I took me a while to figure it out, too! I had it set up under profile photo, but that didn't show on the boards, only on my profile. I had to go to the "avatar" settings and upload it there for it to show on the message boards.

Congrats, too!!! You're doing great!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #432
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I took me a while to figure it out, too! I had it set up under profile photo, but that didn't show on the boards, only on my profile. I had to go to the "avatar" settings and upload it there for it to show on the message boards.

Congrats, too!!! You're doing great!
I like your ticker too! This is a lot harder when you are working fulltime vs being off all summer! thanks for the pic direction! Dawn
Old 08-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #433
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Finally got my pic on! Thanks Spinningblue!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

Old 08-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #434
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone know if we can eat sugar free candy?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #435
katiebug66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katiebug66
Question - since I am having trouble getting in my protein calories - is it allowed to eat peanut butter for these? If I am staying under my daily carb limit?
katiebug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #436
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can eat sugar free candy?
I know I cannot at my clinic. It still has carbs in most of it---that would be my thought for the reason. I think there are some that don't but I have tried them in the past and gotten sick from them.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #437
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug66 View Post
Question - since I am having trouble getting in my protein calories - is it allowed to eat peanut butter for these? If I am staying under my daily carb limit?
I was told you can have peanut butter but it is suppose to be limited amount per serving.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #438
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Sooooo, I had my first weigh in today, and I'm down five pounds!!! I'm so excited!! Plus I am on week two, so I get to eat fruits and veggies! AND PEANUT BUTTER!!!! I have never been so excited to eat peanut butter in my life!!! Thank you for all your support Dawn, I really truly appreciate it!

I did figure out sugar free candy is a no... too many carbs . But at least I get peanut butter and lite cool whip. yay!!!

This truly feels amazing.

Last edited by mrsprice; 08-20-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #439
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Motivated
Stats: 254/248/170
WOE: Medi
Ok guys. I had my initial visit yesterday. It went well. I started today, 600 cal. Can I just tell you...I'm HUNGRY!!!!
Motivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #440
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
Ok guys. I had my initial visit yesterday. It went well. I started today, 600 cal. Can I just tell you...I'm HUNGRY!!!!
Are you taking the AS? They really helped me!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #441
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Wow, congratulations to everyone! You're all doing so great! I'm having slow weight loss, but it's always a loss when I go. I've been told to up my veggie servings to a cup instead of half a cup so I'm glad about that! I've been trying to read up on resistance bands and how to use them for working out. Groupon has a deal on them I was thinking of getting. I have plenty of cardio options that I like to do but I struggle with the stregth exercises. Any hints or advice from you guys?
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #442
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Justamom
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Hi Ladies!

New member here. I am so glad that I found this board! I have been doing Medi since the beginning of the summer. I started knowing that I had a busy summer planned and would be traveling a lot. My clinic agreed with me that it would be better to just start than to put it off until after summer because then there is always going to be something that would be a deterrent. I am happy to say that even though I have almost been out of town more than I have been home... I have lost at all but 1 appt. My last appt I was up 1.6 pounds I will weigh in hopefully tomorrow.... system was down so I will call in the morning as they are closed this afternoon.

I have to say that after reading all of your posts in this thread.... I realize that my losing is so slow because I have not been following the plan exact. I guess I got off track with traveling and cannot remember the last time I weighed anything or really keep track of calories. I vow to do much better now that I have found this group!

I am not sure of my actual weightloss because of the gain last week but I was at 16.6 (I think) before the gain last week. My scale at home fluctuates daily and is never the same as the clinic so I just try not to get on the scale much.... of course, the day after my gain I weighed on my scale at home and it was 5 lbs lighter than the day before! Go figure!!

Anyway, that is my story!
Justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #443
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Justamom
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Quote:
For your chocolate withdrawals.... The Medi shake-to-go in chocolate tastes just like a Yoohoo! They are a little expensive $13(or maybe $15) for 6 but they are well worth it for me. They are only 80 calories and I have one almost every day. Always have one in my purse or in the console of my car. Just add cold water and shake it up!
Justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #444
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justamom View Post
For your chocolate withdrawals.... The Medi shake-to-go in chocolate tastes just like a Yoohoo! They are a little expensive $13(or maybe $15) for 6 but they are well worth it for me. They are only 80 calories and I have one almost every day. Always have one in my purse or in the console of my car. Just add cold water and shake it up!
Thanks! That sounds amazing! I am doing okay right now with the sugar free jello and lite cool whip. But, if it gets too out of control, I may have to invest in those!

I do have a question. I'm on week two. is my caloric goal supposed to include my fruits and veggies, or just protein? I asked the doc, and he said it includes everything, but my journal only asks for protein kal?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #445
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! That sounds amazing! I am doing okay right now with the sugar free jello and lite cool whip. But, if it gets too out of control, I may have to invest in those!

I do have a question. I'm on week two. is my caloric goal supposed to include my fruits and veggies, or just protein? I asked the doc, and he said it includes everything, but my journal only asks for protein kal?
you only count the calories on your protein, not the fruit and veggies, your doctor is wrong. You need to be aware of your carbs that is why you need to eat the low glycemic stuff on their list.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #446
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Justamom

Just start over, we all do it all the time! Tracking is key and staying on the program guidelines is good too, we are have reasons why or when this is or not is a good time, there never really is that time. Well--I had off work for 8 weeks and that was nice, now back to work and I think, how do I do this now since there is always stress etc. Instead of thinking when is the time to do this and not follow the plan, think about why you wanted to do this in the first place, refocus yourself and you will do great! Moms can do anything! I have 3 myself.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #447
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
Wow, congratulations to everyone! You're all doing so great! I'm having slow weight loss, but it's always a loss when I go. I've been told to up my veggie servings to a cup instead of half a cup so I'm glad about that! I've been trying to read up on resistance bands and how to use them for working out. Groupon has a deal on them I was thinking of getting. I have plenty of cardio options that I like to do but I struggle with the stregth exercises. Any hints or advice from you guys?
I struggle with that too, I just can't get motivated on that myself! I even have all the equipment downstairs---it's all my husband's stuff but I really have no excuse not to do it, just find it boring!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #448
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
Hi Motivated, I am on 8 weeks of 500-50, sometimes I occasionally go to 600 but the more I do this, the less hungry I am. Eat S-F jello, pickles and try to find the protein which makes you feel full. So when I am really hungry, I will eat a hamburger patty instead of shrimp. Good Luck! the first few days are the roughest!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #449
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sooooo, I had my first weigh in today, and I'm down five pounds!!! I'm so excited!! Plus I am on week two, so I get to eat fruits and veggies! AND PEANUT BUTTER!!!! I have never been so excited to eat peanut butter in my life!!! Thank you for all your support Dawn, I really truly appreciate it!

I did figure out sugar free candy is a no... too many carbs . But at least I get peanut butter and lite cool whip. yay!!!

This truly feels amazing.
Fantastic! Just a caution on the cool whip--- I had this thing with cool whip lately, I think I ate like 1 cup (maybe more) on my brownie bar I made the other day--just love that stuff but I wish they made individual servings! Remember---fruit is natures candy so try to stick to blueberries, strawberries, I saw a decline in my weight when I ate like an apple, plus cool whip taste awesome on strawberries. Make those pancakes now and top them with strawberries and a little cool whip, taste awesome and feels like a treat--taste like crepes or skinny pancakes. Keep it going! Just getting that little bit of fruit and veggies helps big time!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #450
Motivated
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Motivated
Stats: 254/248/170
WOE: Medi
Hey mrsprice!! Yes, I took 2 today. It didn't make me less hungry...just very thirsty lol. I got through day 1. Thank goodness

Quote:
Are you taking the AS? They really helped me!
Motivated is offline   Reply With Quote