Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #301
smandysen
Senior LCF Member
 
smandysen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 97
Gallery: smandysen
Stats: 168.6/168.8/145.0
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/26/2015 - restart 5/26/2015
I'm excited to be here. There is so much to learn and encourage us along the way...what a great place to be!!!
smandysen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #302
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,816
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smandysen View Post
I'm excited to be here. There is so much to learn and encourage us along the way...what a great place to be!!!
!!!! Reading here on the JUDDD threads is one of the best ways to learn and get encouragement
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #303
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
Hello all! I just signed up for acutal posting on this site today, but I have lurked here since at least 2001! I have no clue how to post my stats but hopefully can figure that out along the way. I did LC back then and was successful. But like so many I fell prey to processed food. I tried to re-commit to LC in 2007 but changed jobs, and took on a lot more stress, and along with swallowing the stress, swallowed a lot of unhealthy food (anyone remember "STRIPES" movie with John Candy)!? Since then, I actually sought medical advice and enrolled in a medically supervised weight loss plan, which at the end of 7 months had lost 26 pounds basically eating low carb and working on my thyroid issues. Anyway, I recommitted to LC this January. However, lost ZERO weight, even though I have been in Ketosis over a month. I started reading the JUDDD threads, and made the decision to transistion to LCJUDD. I cannot tell you how many receipes I have used from this site -- it's just awesome!
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM   #304
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!
 
Eieio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW Mo.
Posts: 1,608
Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 160/146/140
WOE: IF goal is to JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 29 15
Welcome Beddy

My friend Betty is going to get her named changed to beddie for fun, a few days anyway.
Relax, you have found a good place to bee. Since you have been reading alongggg time u know that already.
Best wishes!

Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #305
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
Thanks much Terri! Beddy became my nickname because an auto correct text!
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:58 AM   #306
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,030
Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Beddy! Hope you love it here and love JUDDD!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #307
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
LoCarbGal: Thanks so much! Just joining this message board has really brought a new sense of hope for success and renewed determination. I guess I deluded myself that I could do this alone, but just to interact with others who are on the same road, gone through similiar experiences with this weight loss challenge has been so uplifting.
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #308
SkinnyShannie
Junior LCF Member
 
SkinnyShannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: N UT
Posts: 18
Gallery: SkinnyShannie
Stats: 130/120-125
WOE: JUDD, PH
Start Date: 2/15
First post!
Hello, I'm Shannon, 33, 5'6, 130, mom of two, only looking to lose a few pounds, then maintain 👍
Discovered this site last year, tried low carb for a bit, no fun, and lame
I'm close to the end of my third DD, so far so good.
I don't have a scale in my house, had a yearly physical this past Monday, don't remember the last time I stepped on a scale.
I like the idea of the potato hack, had two small potatoes, each with a wedge of LC cheese earlier today, I have several more nuked taters chilling in my fridge.
SkinnyShannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #309
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,030
Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddy View Post
LoCarbGal: Thanks so much! Just joining this message board has really brought a new sense of hope for success and renewed determination. I guess I deluded myself that I could do this alone, but just to interact with others who are on the same road, gone through similiar experiences with this weight loss challenge has been so uplifting.
It really does make a difference in how I feel/day to day to be here. Take full advantage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyShannie View Post
First post!
Hello, I'm Shannon, 33, 5'6, 130, mom of two, only looking to lose a few pounds, then maintain ��
Discovered this site last year, tried low carb for a bit, no fun, and lame
I'm close to the end of my third DD, so far so good.
I don't have a scale in my house, had a yearly physical this past Monday, don't remember the last time I stepped on a scale.
I like the idea of the potato hack, had two small potatoes, each with a wedge of LC cheese earlier today, I have several more nuked taters chilling in my fridge.
Shannon! Hope to see you posting on a whole bunch of our threads!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #310
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
Hi Shannon! I love potatoes but laying off them. I fingers I have to stay LC even on JUDDD.
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #311
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
Ha ha, find, not fingers!
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #312
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,030
Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Gotta love autocorrect!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #313
SkinnyShannie
Junior LCF Member
 
SkinnyShannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: N UT
Posts: 18
Gallery: SkinnyShannie
Stats: 130/120-125
WOE: JUDD, PH
Start Date: 2/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddy View Post
Hi Shannon! I love potatoes but laying off them. I fingers I have to stay LC even on JUDDD.

Wishing you well on your LC JUDD journey (:
SkinnyShannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #314
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,816
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddy View Post
Hello all! I just signed up for acutal posting on this site today, but I have lurked here since at least 2001! I have no clue how to post my stats but hopefully can figure that out along the way. I did LC back then and was successful. But like so many I fell prey to processed food. I tried to re-commit to LC in 2007 but changed jobs, and took on a lot more stress, and along with swallowing the stress, swallowed a lot of unhealthy food (anyone remember "STRIPES" movie with John Candy)!? Since then, I actually sought medical advice and enrolled in a medically supervised weight loss plan, which at the end of 7 months had lost 26 pounds basically eating low carb and working on my thyroid issues. Anyway, I recommitted to LC this January. However, lost ZERO weight, even though I have been in Ketosis over a month. I started reading the JUDDD threads, and made the decision to transistion to LCJUDD. I cannot tell you how many receipes I have used from this site -- it's just awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyShannie View Post
First post!
Hello, I'm Shannon, 33, 5'6, 130, mom of two, only looking to lose a few pounds, then maintain ��
Discovered this site last year, tried low carb for a bit, no fun, and lame
I'm close to the end of my third DD, so far so good.
I don't have a scale in my house, had a yearly physical this past Monday, don't remember the last time I stepped on a scale.
I like the idea of the potato hack, had two small potatoes, each with a wedge of LC cheese earlier today, I have several more nuked taters chilling in my fridge.
to both of you!!!!!!!!
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:52 AM   #315
JaredsWife
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3
Gallery: JaredsWife
Stats: 244/225/150
Start Date: January 1st 2015
Hi Everyone

I want to introduce myself, I am new to Juddd, no idea what I am doing and today is my first DD. I have been doing low carb on and off for years. Had much success on Atkins but it isn't something I can do long term. I made the brilliant decision to buy my bridesmaid dress for my bff's wedding two sizes too small and it won't zip, it's March 6th. I have taken off 18lbs so far and coming into Juddd from LCHF. Hoping to not gain in this transition. Wish me luck:
JaredsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #316
smandysen
Senior LCF Member
 
smandysen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 97
Gallery: smandysen
Stats: 168.6/168.8/145.0
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/26/2015 - restart 5/26/2015
Good luck! I am just starting week 3 and JUDDD has been a great choice for me! I hope you find it a good fit for you as well. You can do it!
smandysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #317
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
Jaredswife: You'll make it! Great idea to buy the dress smaller and believe you can do it rather than buy it the size you are and then HOPE to lose the weight! I am starting 2nd week LCJUDDD and find that DD are easier because I don't have to eat anything if I so choose. Some days that is easier for me rather than having to fight the temptation to just eat a small portion. Especially when the tummy is rumbling! But I drink club soda, plain water or hebal tea and fill up on that. Good health to you!
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:58 AM   #318
JaredsWife
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3
Gallery: JaredsWife
Stats: 244/225/150
Start Date: January 1st 2015
thank you to you both, my first down day wasn't too bad, I am still doing low carb and going to slowly work some back in after the wedding. I am not a sweet eater but I do love my pasta
JaredsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #319
Beddy
Junior LCF Member
 
Beddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 19
Gallery: Beddy
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: LCJUDDD
Start Date: 2/2/15
I hear you! I love pasta too! I found a pasta recipe made of mozzarella cheese and egg. Can't wait to try it.
Beddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #320
JaredsWife
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3
Gallery: JaredsWife
Stats: 244/225/150
Start Date: January 1st 2015
yum, that sounds good Beddy, let me know how it is
JaredsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #321
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,816
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredsWife View Post
I want to introduce myself, I am new to Juddd, no idea what I am doing and today is my first DD. I have been doing low carb on and off for years. Had much success on Atkins but it isn't something I can do long term. I made the brilliant decision to buy my bridesmaid dress for my bff's wedding two sizes too small and it won't zip, it's March 6th. I have taken off 18lbs so far and coming into Juddd from LCHF. Hoping to not gain in this transition. Wish me luck:
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 AM   #322
DeeDee74
Senior LCF Member
 
DeeDee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 67
Gallery: DeeDee74
Stats: 148/143/125 5ft4 42yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 2016
Hello Everyone

I am very new to the forum so please excuse any posting errors i might make! Not brand new to JUDDD - I lost 25lbs in the Autumn of 2012 and loved the WOE. I even told everyone who would listen how easy it was! Didn't keep it going into maintenance sadly and over the last couple of years a stone has crept back on!

I wanted to jump right back in, but even remembering how easy i found it i was still scared i wouldn't manage the DD! Silly me!

So last week (fed up with bouncing around the same few lbs into the stone I had to lose) I decided to fully commit again. I found this site quite by accident and i'm so glad i did as it has some of the nicest, most supportive threads I've ever seen

So one full week in and i've had 4 DD (averaging around 300cals) and 3 UD (averaging around 1900cals) and i'm 5lbs down very happy with that.

Really looking forward to joining you all on the JUDDD journey, hopefully past maintenance this time!

Hope you are all having a great Monday, be it up or down Dee
DeeDee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #323
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,030
Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Welcome newbies!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #324
clutterbug
Senior LCF Member
 
clutterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Amongst children and clutter!
Posts: 92
Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 258/253/185
WOE: JUDDD, Healthy & Fresh
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
Hi, everyone! I have been a member of LCF for a while. I did low carb for several years quite a while ago, but found after a while that I just couldn't stick with it anymore for some reason. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. My weight has been slowly climbing. I'm basically back where I started before trying to lose weight! Boo!

In September of last year, I did a Whole30 for fun with my brother. I lost 10 lbs. which had been creeping up. The amazing thing is that I have somehow managed to keep all that off until now. My weight is steady for the first time in years. I did bounce up through the holidays a bit, but lost it quickly. So somehow I feel that that month of Paleo was extremely good for my body. I toyed with another Whole30, but right now feel like JUDDD is a better fit. I do much better when on a plan rather than just a vague resolution to eat better, and I know from experience how supportive and wonderful LCF is, so it's super fun to be back!

So hello everyone and nice to meet you!
__________________
B.

What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin



New JUDDD journal here!

Last edited by clutterbug; 02-18-2015 at 02:58 PM..
clutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 AM   #325
kcbirder
Junior LCF Member
 
kcbirder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4
Gallery: kcbirder
Stats: 240/236/160
WOE: Giving JUDDD a try!
Start Date: 2/16/15
This is worth a try...got a few questions :-)

Howdy! I'm giving JUDDD a try...I just need to figure out what will work on my DDs.

I think I tried this a couple years, ago, with the potato hack on down days, and I just felt like crap. This time I'm just starting with a no frills 500/2000ish calorie rotation. I'm only on day 4 (an up day) so I have a LONG way before I start tweaking anything. For a while, I'm going to eat whatever I darn well please on up days, within reason...the really good Chobani yogurt with almonds and chocolate chips....bread.....the occasional totally illegal thing like a brownie, and some occasional glass of wine....

But on down days I'm sticking to my best choices for nutritional filling meals that stay under 500 calories for the day. I'll be picking up some Kim's Magic Pop at my nearby HyVee, where they pop them while you're watching. (Should I start a mail-order business for them? ;-) ) Yesterday I had a big serving of cauliflower, roasted really hot with a little bit of oil and plenty of salt. I LOVE roasted cauliflower! I'm looking forward to making some soup with the Swanson's Thai Ginger broth. I've got more ideas, but I've only just started! And I don't get to eat EVERYTHING I want to try, with a 500 calorie limit!

So here are my questions: Does everyone rotate strictly UDUDUDUDUDUD, or can you make every week the same? I'm starting a class that makes me want every Tuesday to be an UP day, so I'm wondering if I can maybe make Mon Wed Fri down days and Sunday a medium, like 1000 calories, and then back to 500 on Monday...what do you think?

And for those who do the potato hack, do you do that every down day, or might you try that just once a week or less? Any benefit to that?

I'm still reading the monstrously long threads, many of which digress from the topic pretty quickly. I'm going to stick with my current food choices for a good month and then decide if I want to switch to LC, which I'm plenty familiar with. But the for the moment, I'm going to relish the thought that I can eat that tomorrow, whatever it may be.

Thanks for any answer...back to reading!
kcbirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #326
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,030
Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
Hi, everyone! I have been a member of LCF for a while. I did low carb for several years quite a while ago, but found after a while that I just couldn't stick with it anymore for some reason. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. My weight has been slowly climbing. I'm basically back where I started before trying to lose weight! Boo!

In September of last year, I did a Whole30 for fun with my brother. I lost 10 lbs. which had been creeping up. The amazing thing is that I have somehow managed to keep all that off until now. My weight is steady for the first time in years. I did bounce up through the holidays a bit, but lost it quickly. So somehow I feel that that month of Paleo was extremely good for my body. I toyed with another Whole30, but right now feel like JUDDD is a better fit. I do much better when on a plan rather than just a vague resolution to eat better, and I know from experience how supportive and wonderful LCF is, so it's super fun to be back!

So hello everyone and nice to meet you!
Hello CB, and ! LCF is a great place, and in my experience, JUDDD boards are the absolute pinnacle of friendliness. Hope you join in a lot and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbirder View Post
Howdy! I'm giving JUDDD a try...I just need to figure out what will work on my DDs.

I think I tried this a couple years, ago, with the potato hack on down days, and I just felt like crap. This time I'm just starting with a no frills 500/2000ish calorie rotation. I'm only on day 4 (an up day) so I have a LONG way before I start tweaking anything. For a while, I'm going to eat whatever I darn well please on up days, within reason...the really good Chobani yogurt with almonds and chocolate chips....bread.....the occasional totally illegal thing like a brownie, and some occasional glass of wine....

But on down days I'm sticking to my best choices for nutritional filling meals that stay under 500 calories for the day. I'll be picking up some Kim's Magic Pop at my nearby HyVee, where they pop them while you're watching. (Should I start a mail-order business for them? ;-) ) Yesterday I had a big serving of cauliflower, roasted really hot with a little bit of oil and plenty of salt. I LOVE roasted cauliflower! I'm looking forward to making some soup with the Swanson's Thai Ginger broth. I've got more ideas, but I've only just started! And I don't get to eat EVERYTHING I want to try, with a 500 calorie limit!

So here are my questions: Does everyone rotate strictly UDUDUDUDUDUD, or can you make every week the same? I'm starting a class that makes me want every Tuesday to be an UP day, so I'm wondering if I can maybe make Mon Wed Fri down days and Sunday a medium, like 1000 calories, and then back to 500 on Monday...what do you think?

And for those who do the potato hack, do you do that every down day, or might you try that just once a week or less? Any benefit to that?

I'm still reading the monstrously long threads, many of which digress from the topic pretty quickly. I'm going to stick with my current food choices for a good month and then decide if I want to switch to LC, which I'm plenty familiar with. But the for the moment, I'm going to relish the thought that I can eat that tomorrow, whatever it may be.

Thanks for any answer...back to reading!
KCbirder from another KC girl! Independence actually - grew up there. I'm not currently doing JUDDD (I lost A LOT of weight on it and am taking a break, but hope to be back and will never leave these boards for the support and friendship) but I'll try to answer your questions.

While I was thriving on JUDDD, I did strict UD-DD-UD rotations. I would have the occasional switch up where I needed a particular day to be an UD. I usually accomplished that by just having 2 UDs in a row. I don't get along well with MD (average of UD and DD calories) and 2 DDs in a row seem overly restrictive to me. YMMV.

I also had great luck on the potato hack. I've done it twice and the first time I lost 7 or 9 pounds IIRC, but it made me really sick. Like horrible TMI bathroom stuff all night one night. Second time a tried it, I didn't have ANY problem with stomach or TMI stuff, and lost around the same amount. This was after a 4 day hack. Those 2 times I did pure potatoes for the 4 straight days. I have done the potato DD thing, but didn't notice any real difference in losses from just normal DDs.

Hope this helps! Ask all the questions you want, both of you.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #327
clutterbug
Senior LCF Member
 
clutterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Amongst children and clutter!
Posts: 92
Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 258/253/185
WOE: JUDDD, Healthy & Fresh
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

While I was thriving on JUDDD, I did strict UD-DD-UD rotations. I would have the occasional switch up where I needed a particular day to be an UD. I usually accomplished that by just having 2 UDs in a row. I don't get along well with MD (average of UD and DD calories) and 2 DDs in a row seem overly restrictive to me. YMMV.

I also had great luck on the potato hack. I've done it twice and the first time I lost 7 or 9 pounds IIRC, but it made me really sick. Like horrible TMI bathroom stuff all night one night. Second time a tried it, I didn't have ANY problem with stomach or TMI stuff, and lost around the same amount. This was after a 4 day hack. Those 2 times I did pure potatoes for the 4 straight days. I have done the potato DD thing, but didn't notice any real difference in losses from just normal DDs.

Hope this helps! Ask all the questions you want, both of you.
These weren't even my questions, but the answers were super helpful to me! So thanks to the questioner and the answerer!
__________________
B.

What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin



New JUDDD journal here!
clutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #328
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,816
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Clutterbug and DeeDee!
I hope you are loving JUDDD!

Join us on the February JUDDD Newbie thread if you want. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=869292
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #329
CC3
Junior LCF Member
 
CC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 34
Gallery: CC3
Stats: 5'7" - 207/207/148
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2015
I tried JUDDD a couple of years ago and quit after a week. Not sure why. Guess it wasn't the right time for me. First DD today. I'm pretty sure this time I'm committed.

Carla
CC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #330
dolciani
Senior LCF Member
 
dolciani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 73
Gallery: dolciani
Stats: 229.2/161.5/125 - 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: LC 1/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC3 View Post
I tried JUDDD a couple of years ago and quit after a week. Not sure why. Guess it wasn't the right time for me. First DD today. I'm pretty sure this time I'm committed.

Carla
Hi, Carla! I'm pretty much in the same situation. I started JUDDD almost two years ago and did well, then let a family event derail me. I gained back almost 15 of the pounds I'd lost, but I'm back again and at my lowest weight so far.

JUDDD can seem tough when you first start the down days, but it is wonderful when you get used to it. I'm starting again today with an up day.

Good luck!
dolciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.