Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #31
Jebber
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jebber
Stats: 183.6/175.2/135
WOE: Low Carb JUDDD
Start Date: 9/14/14
My book came this week and I can't wait to read it! I had some up days this week that were way out of control.
New Start: 1/09: 178
1/10: 173
1/16: 171.6
1/24: 171.2
2/08: 175.2

Next weigh in: 2/15
Jebber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #32
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Let us know how you like it, Jebber. I have marked certain parts of it that really hit home with me and I go back and read them whenever I get the urge to eat but I'm not hungry.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:26 PM   #33
theredhead
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/158/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I downloaded and read the book earlier this week, and I'm super-excited! I've been so successful with JUDDD, but have settled at a higher weight than I'd like. I KNOW it's because of my disordered relationship with food, still. In thinking about it, I realize that I'm probably already about 3/4 the way through the Donuts and Doritos phase because I've allowed myself to eat anything I want on up days for a very long time. Consequently, I'm "over" a lot of things that used to call to me. For example, Girl Scouts were selling cookies in front of WalMart this morning. In the days when I wouldn't allow myself to eat them, I'd really want them. I ate a box of Thin Mints last year, and remember thinking that they really aren't as good as I thought. Although it would've been perfectly fine for me to buy some today, and eat them when I'm hungry, I found that I really didn't even want them. As a former binger, that's BIG!

Right now, I'm really concentrating on waiting until I get physically hungry to eat, and cutting out the mindless eating I do too much of. Just being so much more aware has made it easier than I'd thought it'd be. I'm crazy about Braum's milkshakes. I got a kids' meal for lunch and upgraded the small shake to a medium. I carefully selected a few fries that I was going to leave on my tray, then started eating. I realized that when I'd eaten about 2/3 of the fries, they didn't taste great anymore, and I decided to leave them. The little hamburger was delicious, and I enjoyed every bite. I started getting full about halfway through the shake and I started asking myself if I could leave it. I reminded myself that I could have another one any time. I threw away about the last 1/3 of it and it made me really happy! I'd NEVER have done that before, no matter how stuffed I felt. It's amazing how much being aware, and having this new way of thinking is empowering.

I plan to continue JUDDDing for awhile, partly because I enjoy it, and partly because I'm convinced of its health benefits. I rarely get hungry on down days, and I like them, so I don't feel like I'm too restrictive on those days. However, I intend to STOP dieting right now, with the intention of giving up JUDDD when it feels right.

Thanks so much to the OP for posting this. I was hoping the thread would keep going and that there would be some more discussion.
DH has lost 90 pounds
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #34
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

I hope this thread keeps going too. The more I research HDE, it just makes such good sense to me. Our bodies do have a built in mechanism that tells us when it needs fuel. The trick is to learn to listen to it after abusing this process out of bad habits that in some cases have been developing for a long time.

And laugh a lot!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #35
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/170/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto./ Atkins
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Finally broke down and bought the book.
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #36
pandora174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/150's/130's
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD, HDE, WW, 5:2, WW
Start Date: January 2012
I think for me the book was very eye opening and I am practicing a lot of the lessons since I read the book. I started JUDDD July of last year to get to vanity weight but to stop the creep up and heal my relationship with food which was damaged from losing 120 lbs on hHCG and a weight loss clininc in less than a year. Before JUDDD I had maintained with low carb for a year and then 5:2 for 7 month but I had way too many food issues and was eating way too little. I wasn't miserable but I wasn't happy with my WOE either. I had "thought" JUDDD cured me of most of my food issues until this past Christmas where I allowed myself to eat what I wanted on the 24th, 25th & the 31st. Well I ate until my stomach hurt, I ate when I wasn't hungry, I ate just because, I ate so much I can't even remember what I ate or what the food tasted like. I shocked myself and felt very down about the whole thing afterwards.

After I read the book I realized I had overcome alot but I still thought of food as bad or good and myself the same way. Even on my UDs I was still on plan and being good. So the first time I had the green light I ate like my old 248 lbs self

So now trying to really focus on there are no bad foods. Eating what I truly want though in moderation. Trying to savor my food and listen to how my body feels when I eat. Trying to eat to hunger and stop when full. If I want the cookie I have the cookie but really try to enjoy it. I am finding when I crave things it usually is something healthy and I seem to enjoy it more.

It's work as everything seems to be but I am finding myself more aware of my body and myself. I am also working on my stress which seemed to cloud my self awareness and that is helping. Still working on the part where food stops tasting good though. For me the challenge is in allowing myself not the cake or doritos but it's when I want the apple or extra Quest bar but am close or over my calories. That leads to that feeling of deprivation or always on a diet mentality that leads to other issues or to the desire for tweaks or changes to my WOE when the scale doesn't cooperate.

Right now recovering from the holidays and not just the scale but mentally I needed to get back on track. The book helped me tremendously and with JUDDD it was easier to practice the lessons it taught me. Right now also trying to get to the point I can start 4:3 and move away from the EOD rotations since realistically I am in maintenance just need to start eating like I'm in maintenance.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 01-19-2015 at 07:34 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #37
Joanna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Right now, I'm really concentrating on waiting until I get physically hungry to eat, and cutting out the mindless eating I do too much of. Just being so much more aware has made it easier than I'd thought it'd be. I'm crazy about Braum's milkshakes. I got a kids' meal for lunch and upgraded the small shake to a medium. I carefully selected a few fries that I was going to leave on my tray, then started eating. I realized that when I'd eaten about 2/3 of the fries, they didn't taste great anymore, and I decided to leave them. The little hamburger was delicious, and I enjoyed every bite. I started getting full about halfway through the shake and I started asking myself if I could leave it. I reminded myself that I could have another one any time. I threw away about the last 1/3 of it and it made me really happy! I'd NEVER have done that before, no matter how stuffed I felt. It's amazing how much being aware, and having this new way of thinking is empowering.
Fantastic!! Being able to stop eating when you're satisfied and the food no longer tastes amazing is a huge deal. People are so conditioned to clean their plates because they paid for the food(even when the portion size is ridiculous). People around me still comment when I eat half a sandwich and a few fries and push the plate away. But when you're full and satisfied, you get zero pleasure from continuing to eat.

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...nny-jeans.html
50 pounds gone baby
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #38
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far I have gotten my 10 dollars worth. The book has reinforced a lot of things I have been trying to do since starting JUDDD. I have already found out that bacon burger with the bun makes me feel awful. So good going down then an hour later, pains and that is being satiated at a small one. Which is a victory all by itself.
It is a work in progress but I honestly believe I will be able to maintain someday without dieting. I will still have a fasting day for health.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #39
Joanna
Senior LCF Member

I still enjoy fasting days. I do anywhere from 1-4 a month. I think that when you really lean into the Josie Spinardi program (and that includes the doughnuts and doritos phase), you start to relax more around food. You can eat 1/2 a burger and some fries and then push the plate away when your satisfied, because no one is going to ban burgers and fries tomorrow. You can also notice that while certain foods taste divine, they zap your energy so you just naturally make other choices or save them for the end of the day. I don't know that I could have fully embraced this without IF though. It changed my appetite and helped me lose all my weight. Josie's plan is so perfect for maintaining though!!

My Journal:
50 pounds gone baby

Last edited by Joanna; 01-23-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-24-2015, 06:18 AM   #40
Jebber
Senior LCF Member

I'm only half-way through this book, but I feel like someone handed me a winning lottery ticket! The concept is amazingly simple and she is a great writer. I'm taking a long time to read it because I want to focus on everything she says. I may get through the other half today, just depends on how my afternoon goes.

I posted on the weekly weigh-in thread about how my UP days are undoing the good of my DD's. I'm going grocery shopping later and will put anything in my cart that looks good. I've been following Atkins for so long, that I find myself craving fruit and sweet potatoes lately. Oh... and I'm having oatmeal for breakfast today (UP day).

I'm very nervous abut the Dorito's and Doughnuts phase because next Saturday, I'm going shopping for a mother of the bride dress. My dd is getting married in less than 3 months. I've been trying so hard since September to lose some weight because I want to look my best. It's the emotional eating that has been hampering my success! I'm going to stick with EOD rotations and use Josie's method for my UP days. Then after the wedding, I will feel more secure and see if I can take the training wheels off. Who knows, maybe I'll be at maintenance then? LOL

Old 01-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #41
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jebber, Isnt her book amazing? I had heard of this kind of "diet" before but it was never explained as well as Josie does it. I am doing so well with this that it really surprises me. Some days I eat very little because nothing sounds good. I eat LC but if I feel like having something that's not, I eat it. this usually happens when I am out somewhere or at a friend's house. I used to be so bad at eating something until it was gone, whether it was one donut or the whole box. That kind of food just doesn't have its hold on me like it used to.
If MOST of the time I eat only when hungry and eat what I want (what sounds good) I find myself eating much less. And I tend to want good food, not crave the junk.
I go back and read parts of her book every day. I have parts bookmarked that have really helped.
Best of luck to you! You will look great in that Mother of the Bride dress!

And laugh a lot!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #42
Jebber
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jan. Yes, her book is amazing. I enjoy her writing style and love her term, "rule-sy". LOL I'm planning to grocery shop today and I find myself wanting healthier foods...greek yogurt, oats, apples, oranges and root vegetables! All things "forbidden" on Atkins (I could never get out of induction...always violated all the "rules").

It will be interesting to see what jumps in my cart. I'm burnt out on sweets, probably because I was the Cookie Monster in December. I've had my fill of those.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #43
dixiegal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
Stats: 230/155/149
WOE: LC/JUDDD My way
Start Date: 7/7/14
Her book is live changing. For the for the first time in my life. Before her book I could easily eat a whole bag of chips at one sitting. Cramming my mouth full and not even tasting them. Now I can get a craving for chips, grab 3 or 4 enjoy them and walk way never to think about them again. Same with sweets.
6/1/15 155
2/14/16 ???
My journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-35.html
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:13 AM   #44
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
Before her book I could easily eat a whole bag of chips at one sitting. Cramming my mouth full and not even tasting them. Now I can get a craving for chips, grab 3 or 4 enjoy them and walk way never to think about them again. Same with sweets.
That is such a gift - to be able to increase your enjoyment and savour them albeit you need less.

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:03 AM   #45
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Her book is live changing. For the for the first time in my life. Before her book I could easily eat a whole bag of chips at one sitting. Cramming my mouth full and not even tasting them. Now I can get a craving for chips, grab 3 or 4 enjoy them and walk way never to think about them again. Same with sweets.
Congratulations that is huge!

I can do that sometimes but I have not hit life changing yet.. I agree with most of what the author says but knowing it and agreeing with it doesn't make me necessarily do it I am trying to keep rereading it to make it sink in so I can put some of the principles into practice on an intuitive bases.

Like I said before I feel it was worth the money. Although the scale is one tool I will not be throwing out. I will continue to weigh and measure. (I say this now maybe I'll think differently in a few years) I have dug my goal jeans out of the closet and every week or so I see if they'll pull up over my butt. Not yet but they wouldn't even go up my thighs when I started.

Anyway I am thrilled so many people have been helped. I do believe I will be one of the many who maintain intuitively. (With a fast day thrown in for health)

For now JUDDD is my friend while I try to unlearn all my diet knowledge that has damaged me in the past or at least get it put into perspective. I have only been at this WOE for less than 2 months and I still have daily battles with myself. DDs are still the easiest for me.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #46
Joanna
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebber View Post
I'm only half-way through this book, but I feel like someone handed me a winning lottery ticket! The concept is amazingly simple and she is a great writer. I'm taking a long time to read it because I want to focus on everything she says. I may get through the other half today, just depends on how my afternoon goes.

I posted on the weekly weigh-in thread about how my UP days are undoing the good of my DD's. I'm going grocery shopping later and will put anything in my cart that looks good. I've been following Atkins for so long, that I find myself craving fruit and sweet potatoes lately. Oh... and I'm having oatmeal for breakfast today (UP day).

I'm very nervous abut the Dorito's and Doughnuts phase because next Saturday, I'm going shopping for a mother of the bride dress. My dd is getting married in less than 3 months. I've been trying so hard since September to lose some weight because I want to look my best. It's the emotional eating that has been hampering my success! I'm going to stick with EOD rotations and use Josie's method for my UP days. Then after the wedding, I will feel more secure and see if I can take the training wheels off. Who knows, maybe I'll be at maintenance then? LOL
Do you exercise? I wonder if it's possible to do your UD/DD's as you've described and then add in some kick butt cardio to help you look amazing in your mother of the bride dress?

My Journal:
50 pounds gone baby
Old 01-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #47
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

I have been doing HDE pretty faithfully since I got the book almost a month ago. I'm amazed at how well its going and how good I feel. Even following keto, I know I was still eating too much, eating at times when I wasn't hungry. I never paid much attention to when or how much I was eating just as long as I was LCHF.

Its been almost four weeks and I'm very pleased with how HDE is going for me. I eat when I'm hungry, eat what I want, eat slowly and enjoy the food, and check in a few times after eating. This is important so your mind gets the message that less food, the right amount of food, feels much better than overeating. All this never occurred to me before in such an easy understandable way. Our bodies....even mine! after wrecking my metabolism...really do tell us when, what, and how much to eat to nourish with good food that pleases our mind and our body. I just had to keep at it until the messages started coming through.

And laugh a lot!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #48
theredhead
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/158/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I have been doing HDE pretty faithfully since I got the book almost a month ago. I'm amazed at how well its going and how good I feel. Even following keto, I know I was still eating too much, eating at times when I wasn't hungry. I never paid much attention to when or how much I was eating just as long as I was LCHF.

Its been almost four weeks and I'm very pleased with how HDE is going for me. I eat when I'm hungry, eat what I want, eat slowly and enjoy the food, and check in a few times after eating. This is important so your mind gets the message that less food, the right amount of food, feels much better than overeating. All this never occurred to me before in such an easy understandable way. Our bodies....even mine! after wrecking my metabolism...really do tell us when, what, and how much to eat to nourish with good food that pleases our mind and our body. I just had to keep at it until the messages started coming through.
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. I've had my book for almost two weeks, I think, and I, too, am feeling like things are going well. I've only lost a pound or two, though I know I shouldn't even be getting on the scales, lol. JUDDD made me feel free in a way I hadn't in many years (or maybe never!), and in a way, it helped me to accept that I can eat all foods on up days, as long as I do my down days faithfully, which is what I've been doing. I really needed to be grounded again, though, in the ideas of this book about paying attention to your body's hunger and satiety signals. I'd been ignoring them and overeating regularly. I've maintained my weight really well, but would like to weigh less at this point, so I think this is the smart way to go. I'm already feeling freer, and happier with myself.
DH has lost 90 pounds
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #49
Flutter
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Hmmmm. I may have to look in to this. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:26 PM   #50
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

HDE is something that needs to be given some time to really work. For me its not happened over night. I think that by Josie Spinardi explaining why and how it takes time, to not give up, it has helped me stick with it.

Well that, and I feel so much better! I really am eating what I want and until I feel satisfied, most of the time. Occasionally I do consciously allow myself to go off track. Not making anything off limits, knowing I can really have that cookie or piece of chocolate really helps me mentally. One thing I've become quite good at and seems to be a new habit I have developed is deciding if I REALLY want something before I eat it. If I decide I do, I savor it and enjoy the hell out of it. Example, we went out for breakfast and I wanted a honey bran muffin. I ate about half of it and it tasted so good! No regrets.

For the most part, I eat REAL food and am starting to love to cook. And eating by hunger instead of the clock is so liberating. I know my body loves me for waiting until the last meal has been digested before adding more to it.
HDE seems to be the missing link in finding, for me, how to be more healthy and lose weight.

And laugh a lot!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #51
UtahDesert
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/125/122
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Well that, and I feel so much better! I really am eating what I want and until I feel satisfied, most of the time. Occasionally I do consciously allow myself to go off track. Not making anything off limits, knowing I can really have that cookie or piece of chocolate really helps me mentally. One thing I've become quite good at and seems to be a new habit I have developed is deciding if I REALLY want something before I eat it. If I decide I do, I savor it and enjoy the hell out of it. Example, we went out for breakfast and I wanted a honey bran muffin. I ate about half of it and it tasted so good! No regrets.

For the most part, I eat REAL food and am starting to love to cook. And eating by hunger instead of the clock is so liberating. I know my body loves me for waiting until the last meal has been digested before adding more to it.
HDE seems to be the missing link in finding, for me, how to be more healthy and lose weight.
That's it! That's how I feel about it too! And I especially like this, "If I decide I do [want to eat something], I savor it and enjoy the hell out of it."
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #52
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
I really liked reading this the other day, and I think it's quite applicable.
http://www.motherjones.com/environme...t-lunch-dinner
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #53
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Kwerp.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #54
Avicenna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Still shopping for one that fits
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD Feb-Dec 2012)
So...I read it too, and I thought it was singularly poor advice to give to people who are chronically overweight or obese.

Sugar makes people gain weight - that is a fact. Why pour sugar on a broken metabolism?

There are some people on this board who really do feel that they cannot have any ____ (insert food of choice here) at all in the same way that an alcoholic cannot have a drink...and I respect that. The fact that this wasn't the case for the author or that the author doesn't feel that people get food addictions doesn't mean it isn't the case for others.

In my case, it is being fully off sugar and wheat that has made me more sensitive to them and less likely to overeat them when I do eat them. (Rather than, as she says, restricting them will make you crave them.) Despite what she says about restricting foods causing binges...after going through LC, 1-2 pieces of bread or a piece of cake feels like a 'binge' (rather than the whole loaf or the whole cake).

The author also doesn't acknowledge the problem when minor allergies cause a person to crave a food rather than be repelled by it.

Basically, the causes of being overweight in her book doesn't answer the basic question of why obesity is skyrocketing in this generation across the world - certainly not everyone (particularly children) is in a diet/binge cycle or has spontaneously lost their natural hunger cues.

If the author had serious success statistics to back her up, I might take it more seriously...but the claim that she has helped "20,000 people" (on Amazon) is ludicrous - 20,000 people buying the book or even trying her plan is not the same as long-term weight loss, maintenance, and good health.

Anyway, there are some interesting ideas that seem like good habits to form and good tools for self-awareness, that I might try out to see how they work. I just think that it doesn't really meet the needs of people who are suffering from metabolic imbalances and the like.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #55
Avicenna
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I really liked reading this the other day, and I think it's quite applicable.
http://www.motherjones.com/environme...t-lunch-dinner
PS Thanks for sharing - I had no idea about that aspect of the culture of the Native Americans that the early settlers encountered.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #56
dixiegal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
Stats: 230/155/149
WOE: LC/JUDDD My way
Start Date: 7/7/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
So...I read it too, and I thought it was singularly poor advice to give to people who are chronically overweight or obese.

Sugar makes people gain weight - that is a fact. Why pour sugar on a broken metabolism?

There are some people on this board who really do feel that they cannot have any ____ (insert food of choice here) at all in the same way that an alcoholic cannot have a drink...and I respect that. The fact that this wasn't the case for the author or that the author doesn't feel that people get food addictions doesn't mean it isn't the case for others.
She does address the issue of foods that for whatever our reason we can't have. At some point common sense has to come into play. If I know I'm allergic to peanuts I wouldn't eat them because I read no food should be off limits. I know I can't eat sugar so I don't eat it. No WOE is going to work for everyone but for me this book changed my whole life.
6/1/15 155
2/14/16 ???
My journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-35.html
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #57
KeirasMom
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
She does address the issue of foods that for whatever our reason we can't have. At some point common sense has to come into play. If I know I'm allergic to peanuts I wouldn't eat them because I read no food should be off limits. I know I can't eat sugar so I don't eat it. No WOE is going to work for everyone but for me this book changed my whole life.
She also really advocates listening to your body, to how different foods make you FEEL, and using that to gauge whether or not they should be eaten.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #58
Avicenna
Senior LCF Member

Well...that's what I meant. (I certainly wasn't referring to allergies that make one swell up or the like.) I was referring to minor allergies that make you feel REALLY GOOD when you eat the allergenic foods because the reaction releases opiates in the brain, and so you crave more and more of the food, because it makes you feel so good, and eating more makes you feel even better.

This is, I have read, quite common with dairy - whereas in her case, her minor allergy was expressed by just disliking it, which is entirely different (it made her feel bad).

Last edited by Avicenna; 03-13-2015 at 10:10 AM..
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #59
PaminKY
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PaminKY
I bought the book and am about halfway thru it and I love it. It agree that it is life changing. The "Eating Cuz You Ate" fits me to a tee and I've really been trying to change. Can't wait to read the rest. I'm also a food hoard to a certain degree and I'm going to do my best to change that also.

I do have to have some guidelines concerning the food in my house since my husband is a newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic but I think I'm going to clear out all the diet books I been hoarding.

Last edited by PaminKY; 03-20-2015 at 09:51 AM..
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #60
DeeDee74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeDee74
Stats: 148/143/125 5ft4 42yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 2016
I'm about to slowly transition into maintenance and I have just finished reading this having seen the thread and had my interest piqued Like so many others, i really identified with so many of the things Josie wrote about - I remember being 11 years old and attending my first weight control class, already a stone (14lbs) overweight - I've been either on or off a diet ever since!

I love JUDDD and it has really helped me get to my maintenance goals, added to the excellent health benefits it gives, so i'm looking to keep DDs in the mix but really hoping i can live the rest of the days by HDE and finally give up counting, measuring and logging!

One of the simplest things in the book that really resonated with me was the bit about eating the best bits first - I always save the best bit until last and eat many mouthfuls that are sub-standard to get to the 'good stuff'! That seems so silly now! So i've adopted this straight away UD or DD and it has worked well

I'm hoping to do full HDE starting next week which coincides with our two week Easter break here, so i won't be on a schedule and should be able to wait and eat when hungry.

Thanks so much to OP and everyone else, really hoping this will help me quiet the diet chatter

Wishing you all a great day be it up, down or somewhere in between
DeeDee74 is offline   Reply With Quote