Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #391
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Happy Monday ladies!!!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and stayed on the plan. I actually did very well this weekend. I feel so good and I feel light on the inside. When I went to the clinic on Saturday for my mid-week booster I got a couple of the chocolate candy samples. I really liked them and I think I'm going to get a book or 2 when I go on Wednesday for my weigh-in.

I did my workout on Sunday so that really made me feel really good. I think reading all the posts from you guys really act as inspiration so I want to thank you all for being here.

Have a wonderful day and lets all stay on plan.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #392
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridesmaid2015
Stats: 5'3.5" 208/182.6/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 02/27/2015
Good morning everyone, and thanks so much for the support - it really does help! Lost another pound on my scales this morning, so very happy with that.

I got some free samples of some of the MWL food, but not impressed so far. Tried the Italian Tomato Soup on Saturday - it was pink, graveling and really not that tasty. Tried the chocolate peanut butter protein shake yesterday - blended it with a cup of spinach for a green smoothie breakfast, but it was still way too sweet for me. Tried the oatmeal for breakfast this morning - mixed in a serving of blueberries, but it still wasn't all that nice. OK, but very sweet and a rather slimy texture.

Dawn - I just placed today's vote for you on the Facebook site. Good luck!!

Rachel - I have no medical background, so can't offer any advice on your illness, just hope you manage to shake it off soon. I only stopped weighing evenings when I switched to a scale that automatically updates to my tracking app - otherwise I looked like I was constantly losing then gaining! I did used to like how it would give me an idea of what my morning weight might be though.

Spicegirl - hope you have a good first week!

Betty - it's fantastic that you're feeling so good and well done on that Sunday workout! I was in training all weekend, so barely moved, and my back is hurting today from being sat down for too long. Think I need to do some walking today! Oh, and I've just seen they've got a bundle of those Chocolate Sensations you liked on offer online at the moment - just thought you might be interested to know!

Happy Monday!!

Last edited by Bridesmaid2015; 03-09-2015 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Explained blocked out text and added info for Betty
Bridesmaid2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #393
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JordansKat
Hi ladies! Had a very busy weekend- had the grand baby this weekend. Which is always nice. Doing metabolic adjustment and for the first time I didn't gain weight over the weekend!

I hope everyone has a great week! Will try and check in more. My work hours are crazy!!

Blessings ))

Kat
JordansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #394
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
I voted for you Dawn!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #395
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Texasgirl
Hello again to all! I am baaaaack! Dawn, you are such an inspiration! I am on Spring Break and have decided to start back (on my own). I plan to check in with you all on a consistent basis. It's good to have a support group!!
Texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #396
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Has anyone used the medi weight loss app? Also, does anyone have advice for keeping a log? I liked the one my clinic gave me (a few years ago) and I'd like to find something similar. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #397
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Texasgirl! i didn't even know there was an app for the program. I created my own journal in Excel, it looks like this:

I track six days and usually don't track on the day I weigh-in. I do like the one from the clinic, but figured I could track just as well on this!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #398
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Spent the evening with one of my sisters - the stylish one. She helped me pick out a dress for the presentation I will be doing at the bridal show. I fit into size 4! I'll post a picture when I'm all dolled up for it.

Good day here, on program and got in a strength training session. Tomorrow should be good also. We are getting a taste of spring! Actually able to take the kids out after school and I was able to start sanding boards for a home project.

Keep it up everyone!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #399
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for sharing the excel journal, Rachel! It's great! And, congrats to you for fitting into a size 4! I can't wait to see your pics! You and Dawn are truly inspiring!

Today was good....I had a little headache, but plenty of water, Powerade Zero & chicken helped a lot. I am going to continue my Spring Cleaning (ugh!) while I'm on Spring Break this week from school.

Have a good evening, everyone!

~TG
Old 03-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #400
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
thanks Rachel! thanks Bridesmaid!

Welcome back Texasgirl!

hi Kat!

Hi Betty!

Did good all day till I got home and overate my protein, maintenance is harder than losing!

I track in my head but I do a lot better if I actually journal it.

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #401
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

For my journal, I actually print out that page and track the full week on one sheet, I don't actually enter things into Excel! i spend enough time at the computer as it is!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:06 AM   #402
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies,

The weather is finally breaking and that seems to be uplifting. I'm feeling really good and I contribute a lot of it to coming here and reading how each of you are doing. I was tempted to weigh myself this morning but I decide to wait and be surprise when I go to the clinic tomorrow.

Rachel, Please do post some pictures because it is always so amazing to see the transformations.

Dawn, I can imagine the maintenance is hard but based on your dedication you had during the acute stage, I know you will be successful. You can definitely do this.

Bridesmaid, How are you doing? We are definitely partners because we started around the same time so lets be each others strength.

Texasgirl, Doing it alone is hard but remember you have us so reach out when you need us.

Kat, You look really good. Are you at your goal weight?

Have a great Medi day!!!!!

Betty
Old 03-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #403
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Good morning my MWL friends!

I am on Day 2 and I have to admit that I am so mad at myself! I weighed myself this morning knowing that it would be possible that I could be at the 200 mark. Well, I am at 198.8! That is the most I think I have ever been....No, wait...I weighed that amount when I was pregnant with my second daughter!

I knew I had been gaining, but I (like most) am an emotional eater and didn't realize what I was doing to myself. I am a 48 yr. old single mom of 4 (three girls and the youngest a boy)....It's a loooooong story with my ex (investigated by FEDS, sent away for a long time, I had not idea what he was up to!, etc.)...I'll save that for another post!

I have raised my children on my own for the past ten years (my parents are deceased and no siblings in the picture). My ex's family has been "unkind" to put it nicely. With lots of therapy, my children and I are healthy! The oldest daughter is going to graduate from college with honors this May and go on to graduate school. My second daughter is a junior in college and is doing amazingly well. My third daughter is a freshman in college. She had some setbacks with an eating disorder/self harm/personality disorder, but now on meds, going to therapy and lots of support groups. She is singing again and is healthy. My son is a sophomore and is a sweetheart! Everyone's friend, and just a "good guy." He has Tourette's and deals with it very well.

I am a music teacher and LOVE my "job!" I was able to stay home with the children after the divorce with my ex & lived off my savings until I went back to teaching 3 years ago. Now that we are all stable, I am ready for ME!

Sorry this post is long, but I guess I wanted to share some of my story so y'all would have an idea where I'm coming from. I HATE that I let myself go, and I'm embarrassed with how I look. However, I KNOW that only I can take care of myself and I MUST stick to the plan.

I thank you all so much for your support. I didn't have any last time I was on MWL, so it is my hope that I will be able to get healthy this time around. You are all AWESOME and thanks SO MUCH for being here!

xo,

~TG
Old 03-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #404
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

I am going to go to the grocery store AND I want to buy a scale that helps measure the fat/muscle/water weight. Dawn, I read where you bought the I-Health scale at Best Buy. Did anyone else have thoughts on scales? I'm going to read about them this morning before I buy anything.

Hugs to all!
~TG
Old 03-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #405
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

The pound I lost yesterday is inexplicably back on again this morning, but I won't despair as it just isn't possible that it's real weight gain. Body fat % was down another 0.2 though, so that's down a total of 1.2 since I started!

Yesterday was good - tried prime rib steak for the first time, and it was delicious!! Definitely never having that MWL oatmeal again though - total waste of carbs!

Kat - well done getting through a busy weekend without a gain. That's awesome!

Texasgirl - sounds like you have had such a tough time, it's not surprising you've got to where you are, so don't beat yourself up too much! At least you're on stable ground now and ready to seize back your life! Keep going - I'm sure you know that the first week is the worst!!

Don't bother with the MWL app - I downloaded it before reading the reviews. It just doesn't work at all. I use a well-known tracking app which syncs between my iPhone/iPad/iMac, so is super-easy to keep updated.

I have the Aria scale, which works OK and syncs with the tracking app as well as my Fitbit app (and is same family as Fitbit so all works together nicely). I bought that just to complement the Fitbit, and had a Withings scale before, which I really liked, probably more so than the Aria - that also synced with everything.

Rachel - sounds like you're doing better. Congrats on your weight loss - look forward to seeing the photo. Amazing!

Dawn - overeating protein doesn't sound like the worst offense! You'll find the balance - you've done so well. Might be worth journalling for a bit until you get the hang of maintenance. Just voted for you again.

Betty - you're so good staying away from the scales!! We are definitely MWL partners, and will do this together!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #406
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for your help and encouragement, Bridesmaid! I am sooooo glad y'all are here!

Hugs!
TG
Old 03-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #407
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
I'm back and after a long weekend in Vegas, I am going to jump right back into the program and get this last 10 lbs off. I think I only have 5 more prepaid appointments left and definitely want it off by then. I didn't track while gone and did have a few drinks and some great meals, but tried to stay within guidelines as far as what I ate. I avoided starches and stuck to broiled or baked meats. Based on my scale, I probably gained 2 lbs, but it's probably fluid, so I think it will come right back off. I am going to start right back with week 1 and get my body back into ketosis, I'm sure I'm not after the last few days.

Congratulations Dawn!!! I saw where you made the finals, awesome. You have my vote and I will rally all my FB friends to vote as well.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #408
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

there are some nice scales that go to your phone, I was impulsive and didn't do research I first had Wirthngs and liked it but being out in country I had terrible connection. Take the time to do the reviews! All is well with me, thanks everyone!

Old 03-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #409
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Dawn - I'm not on FB, but I will tell people to vote for you! Do you have to be a paid member of MWL to vote? Glad you are well, and thanks for the scale info!

KRene - Good for you in trying to stick to the plan! I can't imagine how hard it must have been in Vegas! I'm sure you'll get back into ketosis mode in no time!

I went to the grocery store and feel good about my purchases. In addition to pickles and sugar free jello, I bought some beef jerky, salmon, rotisserie chicken and egg beaters. I also bought some sliced roast beef ...I can DO THIS!

Dawn, I'm going to presort everything into baggies when I go back to school next week. I LOVE that idea!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Hugs to all!

~TG
Old 03-10-2015, 05:16 PM   #410
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Texasgirl, no, yeah the scale I love, getting organized is key, I am slack lately and then I eat more!

Old 03-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #411
Spicegirl326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spicegirl326
Stats: 177/150/120 5'1"
WOE: Medi weight Loss
Start Date: March 9th 2015
Day 1 I failed had dinner at a friends house
Day 2 I failed had dinner with friends

I'm off from work until Monday - no excuses - jogging tomorrow and starting Day 1 tomorrow. I'm owning up to my epic fail days!!! If u can get through 5 days I will be good to go! Give me strength tomorrow so I can wake up Thursday and feel great!!
Spicegirl326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #412
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

just start over Spicegirl!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:32 AM   #413
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicegirl326 View Post
Day 1 I failed had dinner at a friends house
Day 2 I failed had dinner with friends

I'm off from work until Monday - no excuses - jogging tomorrow and starting Day 1 tomorrow. I'm owning up to my epic fail days!!! If u can get through 5 days I will be good to go! Give me strength tomorrow so I can wake up Thursday and feel great!!
The hardest thing is acknowledging when we mess-up and you did. Not only to yourself but to the medi friends on this forum. We all understand how that happens and have all been there. You can rebound and you will. Shake it off and start again.

Betty
Old 03-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #414
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies,

Day 21 for me. I can't believe that I have completed 3 weeks. I know that's nothing compared to some of you but for me to make it to 3 weeks is like completing 3 years. Weigh-in today and I am excited to see what my numbers are. I will my result later when I get back from the clinic.

Have a wonderful day everyone and lets all continue to work towards our goals.

Betty
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #415
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Betty - You are exactly right! Spicegirl, You CAN do this!

Betty - I know what you mean about 3 weeks = 3 years! One day at a time & slow and steady....Then, we will be in the same boat as Dawn and Rachel!!

Have a great start to your day everyone!

Hugs to all!

~TG
Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #416
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
This weeks struggle, ok, I typically go to the office for my WI, consultation, and injection on Tuesday mornings. Since I was out of town, I scheduled for Thursday this week and next. Next week is on Thurs as well since I am going back out of town again. My dilemma...I know I haven't lost this week, I have 5 prepaid appts left and hope to keep a couple of them for maintenance. Do I go ahead and go tomorrow, knowing I won't have a loss or do I wait and just go next week? Right now, I am leaning towards cancelling tomorrow's appt and just getting myself back on track and having a decent loss for my appt next week. I was thinking I would redo week 1 this coming week since I know my Vegas trip through me out of ketosis. Any thoughts/comments???
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #417
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

KRene,

I'd cancel and go next week while you get yourself back on track. Just my opinion, but I think you're wise to save/stretch your $$.

Hugs
~TG
Old 03-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #418
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Happy hump day Medi-friends!

I'm feeling particularly pleased with myself today, because that inexplicable pound from yesterday fell off again today plus a bit, after a particularly abstemious day. I live in a very sociable community, with at least one social night a week. Last week being week 1, I just stayed in like a hermit, but I can't do that for the next six months or so, so I ventured out last night. Tuesday nights involve dinner at one of the neighbor's with lots of wine, so I went along with my family for the socializing, but drank only water and decided to discretely skip the meal (lentil & sausage soup) in preference for a quick tuna salad when I got home. Feel very proud of myself for avoiding the wine! I realize that simply not eating isn't always going to be a viable option, but it worked in this instance.

One thing I'm a little concerned about - my ketones test showed only trace ketones this morning, despite staying below 35g carb all week. Any ideas why? Could it be because of the late salad, or the particularly high water consumption (176 fl oz)?

Texasgirl - your shopping sounds fab! You're going to do great!!

KRene - well done on staying vaguely on track in Vegas. That's an enormous achievement! I agree with TG - I'd save your appointment to next week.

Dawn - another vote for you today. Hope it's helping!

Spicegirl - social occasions are so hard to deal with, but two night outs doesn't constitute an epic fail! Get back on track, and don't look back!!

Betty - well done completing your third week. I right behind you! Good luck with your weigh-in today!!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #419
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,

I just got back from the clinic and I am so happy. Down another 3.4 pounds this week. That makes a total of 15.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am really going to work to lose enough next week to be down 20 pounds in 4 weeks. It may just be a stretch but I'm going to give it a good try. But I'm really happy with my results this week and I have to remember 1 pound at a time and to not stress. That's where we fail.

Bridesmaid, I think now that you are eating veggies the ketosis level of trace probably is ok and I wouldn't worry about it. My clinic told me to stop testing after 10 days. It really is hard going to social events and not being able to have some wine and appetizers but you can do this. It also sounds like you and Spicegirl live a very social life and like to have fun!!!!!

Anyway ladies,

Dawn, Spicegirl, Bridesmaid, KRene and Texasgirl have a wonderful evening. Whatever challenges you may have had today just remember tomorrow is another day.

Betty
Old 03-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #420
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Betty,

Congrats to you! Are you working out/exercising? I'm asking because I can't WAIT to start! I remember being told not to exercise Week 1, so I'm planning on it next week. I remember, also, that I'm supposed to take in more protein/calories (depending upon how many I burn) so my body won't go into starvation mode.

Does anyone know if the those calories burned need to equal extra protein calories that need to be consumed?

Bridesmaid - that's great you were able to abstain from the wine and food! Maybe having a snack before the social event would help, too?

We should be proud of ourselves! YAY US!

~TG