Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #421
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridesmaid2015
Stats: 5'3.5" 208/182.6/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 02/27/2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Hi All,

I just got back from the clinic and I am so happy. Down another 3.4 pounds this week. That makes a total of 15.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am really going to work to lose enough next week to be down 20 pounds in 4 weeks. It may just be a stretch but I'm going to give it a good try. But I'm really happy with my results this week and I have to remember 1 pound at a time and to not stress. That's where we fail.

Bridesmaid, I think now that you are eating veggies the ketosis level of trace probably is ok and I wouldn't worry about it. My clinic told me to stop testing after 10 days. It really is hard going to social events and not being able to have some wine and appetizers but you can do this. It also sounds like you and Spicegirl live a very social life and like to have fun!!!!!

Anyway ladies,

Dawn, Spicegirl, Bridesmaid, KRene and Texasgirl have a wonderful evening. Whatever challenges you may have had today just remember tomorrow is another day.

Betty
That's an amazing achievement - well done!! You are doing so well.

Wish I could lose at that rate! I know anything is a step in the right direction, but I have a hard deadline, so I'm desperate to get it off as quickly as possible!! Not sure how long my friend will be able to hold off ordering the bridesmaid dresses, and I can't guarantee the size I'll be by the time the wedding comes around.

Thanks for the advice on the ketones - fingers crossed it is all fine.

Have a wonderful evening!
Bridesmaid2015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #422
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl View Post
Bridesmaid - that's great you were able to abstain from the wine and food! Maybe having a snack before the social event would help, too?
Thank you! It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - I just spent the eating time chatting! Hunger isn't an issue for me at all - I have zero appetite right now.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #423
Spicegirl326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spicegirl326
Stats: 177/150/120 5'1"
WOE: Medi weight Loss
Start Date: March 9th 2015
Day 1 success whoo hoo!!!!!

Breakfast 2 egg whites, 1 while egg
Lunch 4 oz ham
Dinner 4 oz ham
Finishing up my gallon of water

It's a start!!!
Spicegirl326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #424
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
good job Spicegirl!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #425
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

don't get overly consumed on your level of ketosis, eventually they do not show up if you are long term then you need to do blood or breath. Just do the program and it works, if you are 35 carbs and under you probably are it is just not showing it how you want it too, there were days I was trace all the time etc and here I am 82 lbs off.. That is why there is a shift on that thinking anyways but Medi doesn't tell you that, educate yourself on it and you will find your answer.

I never gave myself extra protein when I exercised, I just kept it around 550 for a very long time and drank zero.

So I am in maintenance, just not used to doing 1800 calories, its very different.

Did spin class tonight, walked 3 miles and now going to do my rower for 30 minutes.

thanks for thinking of me and taking the time!

Everyone is doing well, so hang in there and keep it going.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #426
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Texasgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
don't get overly consumed on your level of ketosis, eventually they do not show up if you are long term then you need to do blood or breath. Just do the program and it works, if you are 35 carbs and under you probably are it is just not showing it how you want it too, there were days I was trace all the time etc and here I am 82 lbs off.. That is why there is a shift on that thinking anyways but Medi doesn't tell you that, educate yourself on it and you will find your answer.

I never gave myself extra protein when I exercised, I just kept it around 550 for a very long time and drank zero.

So I am in maintenance, just not used to doing 1800 calories, its very different.

Did spin class tonight, walked 3 miles and now going to do my rower for 30 minutes.

Dawn,

I understand that you stayed at 550 for many months. My question is this: if you kept your intake at 550 but burned, say 250, wouldn't you need to replenish those calories to keep your body from going to starvation mode?

~TG
Texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #427
Spicegirl326
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn!!

Your doing a great job in your exercise plan!!!!

Hope to be there soon!!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #428
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl View Post
Dawn,

I understand that you stayed at 550 for many months. My question is this: if you kept your intake at 550 but burned, say 250, wouldn't you need to replenish those calories to keep your body from going to starvation mode?

~TG
I loss most of my weight when I doing this, I mean a lot! I didn't worry about it, I just drank a lot of fluids and ate pickles too or sugar free jello, and I felt good, my clinic knew I was walking like 10-14 miles a day and didn't even tell me to eat more, seriously, you need to do what you feel you are comfortable with. I was very strict if you really want to know.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #429
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

So I am done exercising and my daughter just gets our 6 boxes of girl scout cookies, like she asked me 4 x's if I wanted them, how many times to I have to say no!!!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:45 AM   #430
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Quote:

My strips barely register ketosis, the clinic I go to hasn't checked it since the beginning. So, as long as I'm losing, I guess they haven't been concerned about it.

I was wondering about the extra protein, my losses have slowed since they had me add more protein on the days that I work out more than my walks.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:33 AM   #431
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

If you are in ketosis, you are using ketones for your fuel, not glucose, so if you are overweight, this is your body fat that you are burning and your brain is functioning on ketones not glucose.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:34 AM   #432
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Quote:
So I am done exercising and my daughter just gets our 6 boxes of girl scout cookies, like she asked me 4 x's if I wanted them, how many times to I have to say no!!!
That's funny:

I am impressed with your commitment to exercising. I hope to get there one day. You are really an inspiration to all of us. Please don't leave the forum.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:35 AM   #433
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Dawn,

I'm interested in exercising. How did you do it when you first started? Were you dizzy at all? I LOVE my powerade zero and I know it helps replace lost electrolytes. Would you mind giving an overall picture of how you got started (MWL550 and exercisig) and remained strict the first several months?

Thanks!

~Texasgirl
Old 03-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #434
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Bridesmaid,

I started heavier than you so maybe that is why I'm losing so quickly. I have done the one thing this time that I didn't do the last time and that's drastically reducing my salt intake and not adding fruits yet. I do snack on pickles and that gives me that crunch that I need. But like Dawn says, just keep working the program and she is a witness that it WORKS and don't give up and don't weigh yourself outside of the clinic.

Betty
Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #435
Spicegirl326
Junior LCF Member

Dawn yes please don't leave!!! Your posts are so inspiring!!!! I have 57 lbs to loose!!! Feels so far away, but I onow I can do this!!!

Dawn how much did you exercise when you first started and what did you do?

Hope everyone is staying strong!! We can do this together!!!
Day 2 for me!!!! 😄
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #436
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

I'm feeling good. Just completed the Shred Kettlebell workout. It's only 25 minutes but it is a good workout. I really don't like exercising and I am really ok with doing this one. So, if you are looking for a pretty good workout that you can do at home this one is good. It's by Jillian Michaels.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #437
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

yay Betty! Thanks for the heads up about the Shred Kettlebell workout. I don't like exercising that much either! Keep up the good work!

Spicegirl, I'm with you! I have about 58 to lose! Yes...we CAN DO THIS!

Rachel, are you doing okay? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Bridesmaid, I've noticed my appetite isn't as bad as I thought, either....I just have to be mindful of not eating emotionally or mindlessly.

Dawn, please please stay with us! You are such a champ and trooper!!

~Texasgirl
Old 03-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #438
Bridesmaid2015
Senior LCF Member

Hey all

I was feeling great this morning when I stepped on the scales and saw that I'd lost a total of 3.4 pounds over the last week, which means I've now lost over a stone (14 pounds) since the start of the year, over 8 pounds of which is from since I started with MWL! So, I was gutted to get on the scales at the clinic to find their's were registering only 1.6 pounds off for the week and 5.6 pounds total. Although just looking at the slips now, it looks like my fat mass is down 6.6 pounds.

I know there will be a difference in the absolute amount due to differences in what I'm wearing and what I've eaten/drunk beforehand, but I'd have expected the movement to line up. Although, I suppose if I consider the difference between home and the clinic at the start (2.8lb) and the difference today (5.4lb), that does close the gap.

See - this is why I need to weigh at home!! I think I'm going to start just taking my own morning weight as my official weight for my own record, as that is always done at the same time, with no clothes/food/drink variation. What do you think?

Well done everyone for staying/getting on track. Everyone's doing so well! Thanks for putting my mind at rest on the ketones too - although the stick was back to definite pink today.

Betty - I also don't enjoy the exercise at the moment, so thanks for the tip!

Dawn - inspiring as always, you got my vote again today!

I have a couple of challenging days, with a BBQ tomorrow and a couples night out Saturday, but I feel strong and able to get through them without faltering!!

Let the countdown to the weekend begin!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #439
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Bridesmaid,

I think there IS a difference with what you wear and what/if you eat before your weekly weigh-in at the clinic. The fat mass is what you should focus on since that's what we are wanting to lose. It's GREAT that you are down 6.6 pounds of fat mass!!

I think you'll be okay at the BBQ. Try to eat meat without BBQ sauce (lots of sugar in those sauces!), pickles and maybe a Sprite Zero (for couple's night) if you want something with a little fizz.

You ARE strong and you CAN do this!

~TG
Old 03-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #440
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hey all, just been a bit preoccupied lately with something else going on. Just went for a walk 3 miles and eating my calories, it's weird, I am struggling more with this than the other! Just worry about eating 1800 calories even though I know I can! weird!

Exercise: O.K. all I did was walk, that is it! started slow then I was walking at least 7 miles to 14 miles a day, really, like 5-6 hours a day, I think it was a way of finding myself, it was peaceful, I didn't think of it as exercise though. Weight loss occurs through diet, not through exercise, that is where people screw up their thoughts, you can read about that, it does make our body receptive to insulin and improves our thoughts. So really, 82 lbs on walking, well I did buy the 21 day fix DVD for like 80.00 and used it 1 time, and spent about 5,000 on my elliptical and rower yeah really, used that not that much!

So I walked, I was dizzy the first few weeks, I just sucked it up and did drank a lot of zero, I was very rigid on the program and was in ketosis for a long time and I felt great once I got there, but you go through this crappy feeling for a while too while you are switching, that is if you cheat, you take so many steps back off the basic premise of this type of diet.

Keep the fluids going too.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #441
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Weighing yourself: well lots on thoughts should you or should you not, this is a personal thing, experts say not too but I know myself that I need to weigh daily, I have a scale that goes to my phone and I look at it and it gives me positive reinforcement! I say do what you think is going to make you successful. I like it and I don't get crazy about it, it makes me work harder but if you feel that you feel beat down from looking at it, then don't do it. I don't focus on the daily number, the only one that really matters is the day that is my official weigh in day. You are going to have shifts all the time related to so many factors like hormones, sodium, what you ate or drank etc. But, to me, the scales keeps me honest and for me, I have to do it daily. Same time, same clothes! DO NOT weigh more than once, that will make you depressed or crazy.

Thanks everyone!!!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #442
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

how did I stay strict? I just focused on my goal, that is it! weight loss is a mind issue, either your in or out, your ready or your not. I was. I committed to myself that this time, I am worth doing this, I am able to do this and that the only person in the way of myself is me.

So believe in yourself that you can do this, work the basics of the program and don't get hung up on day to day crap, just do the program and believe you can, I knew after I researched how this diet work that I would only be cheating myself. I did not go off plan, I just held onto that thought that I am worth it this time.

I am more struggling with eating so much now and getting my thoughts that I can.

You can be successful too, 1 meal at a time really. Break it down. then it is not overwhelming.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #443
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well! Believe you can do this and don't get hung up on the weight number. Focus on your energy, your clearer thoughts, your clearer direction in your life! Off to do my rower now for 30 minutes and listen to Johnny Cash and Madanna!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #444
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Hello everyone! love reading all this information from our "veteran"!

I also stayed around 500-600 calories daily for the first 3 months. I was very strict and only really lost my "gung-ho" recently, since about the beginning of the year, which is when this illness started! I've noticed a big change in my losses, from 2-4 lbs weekly to now 0.5-1 lbs weekly. I've exercised since the start, but i exercised regularly before I started Medi. Actually today i did a double and burned more calories during my workout (per my Polar heart rate monitor) than I consumed for the day. I use DVDs at home primarily. I still rarely eat fruit and have veggies with dinner only, so still almost exclusively protein.

I've been busy and had to move my weigh-in back this week, will be going in tomorrow after spin class. Not sure what i will see. i was so ill over the weekend that I was eating only ice cream and mashed potatoes. I seemed to do fine after my mouth sores healed, then got my period, so no telling how things will look on the scale tomorrow. I have to decide how many prepaids I will purchase (or if I will pay by the week). I think I might purchase 8 more weeks, which will hopefully kick my butt into getting these last lbs off! My neighbor was trying to pawn off her old pre-baby clothes (she wears a larger size now), but she is not only about 6 inches taller than me, but all the clothes were 8, which is now too big for me! Hard to believe. But I'm loving my new wardrobe, which is just my old wardrobe, all the clothes I couldn't fit into since getting pregnant with baby #3.

I have another busy week coming up, but will hopefully have time to stop in! I hate being off the board for days and trying to catch up on all the posts and respond to everybody, that's why I usually just give an overall "good job!"
Old 03-13-2015, 06:28 AM   #445
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Ladies,

Happy Friday!!!! I have been working remotely since mid-February and it really has been wonderful. But all good things must come to an end and starting the 23rd I will start traveling again to the client site but will be on an every other week bases. The hotel where I stay doesn't have a restaurant but it has a kitchenette so that should help out. So, I'm trying to plan how I'm going to stay on plan with all the travel that is coming my way. I'm definitely going to be relaying on finding inspiration on this forum.

I'm wishing all of you a wonderful day. Just keep your goals in mind and no matter what temptations come along you can win. Be blessed and enjoy.

Betty
Old 03-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #446
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Good luck Betty - nice to have a kitchenette. I haven't done overnight travel for work in a number of years, but I remember it was such a struggle, I think because I didn't have anyone looking over my shoulder. It is hard to make the right choices when you have to eat out for every meal!

I gained 1 this week! Eek! Lost 0.5 lbs fat and gained 1 lb water. I deserved this gain after last weekend. I tried to make up for it with extra exercise this week, but alas. Hopefully next week will look better, since I will be past my period and hopefully have a full healthy week. Also purchased 8 more weeks. These last 7 lbs are taking me a long time, I lost 40 faster than I will lose these 7!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #447
Spicegirl326
Junior LCF Member

Day 3 I feel so exhausted, tired, sluggish headache. I'm sure that's my body's way of showing detox. Hoping this passes soon. I don't know how anyone exercises the first week, I have no energy.

I am ensuring I am posting at least once a day to hold myself accountable!!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:04 AM   #448
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicegirl326 View Post
Day 3 I feel so exhausted, tired, sluggish headache. I'm sure that's my body's way of showing detox. Hoping this passes soon. I don't know how anyone exercises the first week, I have no energy.

I am ensuring I am posting at least once a day to hold myself accountable!!

Spicegirl,

Hang in there! It will get better. Be sure you are drinking PLENTY of water and also drink some chicken broth (or beef broth) and definitely be sure to drink at least one Powerade Zero a day. This should help with the headaches.

~Texasgirl
Old 03-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #449
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Rachel,

Glad to see you're back and congrats on the fat loss! every little bit helps. I am finishing my period, so hopefully my scale will go down when I weigh myself on Monday!

Betty, will you have a car when you travel or will you be flying? If you have a car, then you could buy just enough eggs, deli meat, canned veggies, pickles, powerade zero, etc. to last each week you are at the hotel.

Just a thought....

~TG
Old 03-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #450
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Dawn,

Thanks so much for all in the helpful info. I think I can speak for all when I say it is very much appreciated!!

~Texasgirl