Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #61
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Good Morning everyone! Well...yesterday, I felt like I could eat everything in sight. So far haven't really had this feeling. Gave in to the Payday candy bar in the check out aisle as I was buying chicken breasts for dinner, go figure. Also, got into the leftover strawberry newtons from my granddaughters visit. (the rest are going in the trash) I am determined to stay on track today and plan for dinner and a movie with my husband this eve.
Breakfast - eggbeater omelet with ham & laughing cow cheese
Snack - Light and Fit Yogurt
Lunch - Chicken Breast left over from last nigh.
Snack - LF String Cheese
Dinner - Probably some fish and a salad. Will carry a purse that I can put a bottle of water in for the movie.

Also got a stationary bike ride in and will take my puppy for a good walk during the warmest part of the day.
Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #62
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workitout View Post
I am behaving but unfortunately not losing anything. Am I doing something g wrong?
Many weeks, I have not shown any loss at the beginning of the week and then all of a sudden the last couple of days, the scale starts moving. Not sure why. It is really hard for me to stay off the scale every day, but everyone tells me I should stay off of it. It can really mess with your mindset. Just keep it up and the weight will come off.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #63
Lotusflwr
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lotusflwr
Hi my name is Monu and I am super excited to join this forum and thread! I started Medi on Dec 6. After having 2 kids the pounds stacked on and I found myself with low energy, not fitting in any of my clothes, and just generally feeling like crap! After having my baby 9 months ago I wasn't shedding the weight with just trying to diet here and there so I knew I needed something a little more extreme and planned. Enter Medi!

Start weight: 179
Current weight: 164

lokking forward to getting to know you all.

Medi is awesome!
Lotusflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #64
Fit2010
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'4" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;1/15=194
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 10-14-2015 @ 202; 4/26/16 171
Hello,
I was BIG time in to MWL in 2009-2013. During 2010 I lost 63 lbs and made it to goal in less than 8 months. Then got sick with repeated sinus issues, busy with the last year of grad school, etc, etc. I know I need to be back on low carb, but I will not go back to the clinic and pay out all that $$$$ again for this time. There are more restrictions on what I can eat now due to stomach health concerns, so the previous MWL menu will have to be tweaked, plus eating the former things like Kroger Carbmasters yogurt just sounds awful to me. I want to eat more whole-type foods, and less inflammatory. But, I might check in here time to time to see if some of my former MWL buds check in!! And I could use your support, again. I still have the size 6 clothes I had gotten down in to....waiting for me to get there again!
Thank you for getting this going again!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #65
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mscourtney210
Stats: 193/156.5/145 @5'3
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 28, 2014
From 193 to 158.5 I am still going. 13.5 lbs to go. Not impossible. We have our ups and down. we cheat we strive we succeed. Medi Weight Loss THE ONE THAT WORKS!!

Aug 31 2014 - January 8 2015

Slow and Steady Wins the Race
mscourtney210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #66
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Hey Courtney! are you sure that is you??? I don't recognize you any longer!!!!!! looking awesome!
Hi Debbie---I saw you in quite a few old post, welcome back! I would not pay the money either, you know what you can tolerate and do, just go slow and let your body tell you what you can/cannot eat.
Hi Monu! welcome and good luck, you can do this and you have your hands full with a brand new baby!
Workitout--you need to give this time, stop focusing on your weight and do the program, it will work for you, be patient!
KRene---that happens to all of us, start over! hang in there.

Well-I was doing great today until I had an adkins bar attack craving and then suddenly ate 3 of them-oh well, not the first time and won't be the last! Keep it going!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #67
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

How are you doing Kat and Rachel?

Old 01-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #68
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscourtney210 View Post
From 193 to 158.5 I am still going. 13.5 lbs to go. Not impossible. We have our ups and down. we cheat we strive we succeed. Medi Weight Loss THE ONE THAT WORKS!!

Aug 31 2014 - January 8 2015

Wow!!! You look awesome Courtney, great job!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #69
Lotusflwr
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lotusflwr
Thanks for the welcome Dawn! And Courtney, you are an inspiration! You look amazing and you are so close to your goal!

Going into my second month I am struggling a bit and really missing some of my favorite comfort foods. I am Indian and my diet was heavily lentils, rice, wheat before Medi. I didn't eat meat daily, just 2-3 times per week. It's also a struggle because I am making these foods for my family and I can't touch it!

On a positive note, I just got back from a 40 min run/walk and despite the cold it was awesome! We have a pond close by and I walked on the sidewalk around it several times. It's been a challenge adding exercise!

Anyone exercising too and if so what are you doing?
Lotusflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #70
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

that would be a challenge to have to make food for the family and not eat it, especially when that is your culture. Most of us do have to make meals for kids and it is a challenge. But I think more extreme for you since you did not have a lot of meat. Good luck with this.

I walk daily, just got back hiking in the woods 4 miles up and down hills today which caused me to have an asthma attack--cold weather induced and exercise induced where I thought I was going to check out, no inhaler with me and I sat in the cold, warmer here at 13 below right now, stopped activity for a while but had to keep going to get out of the situation. Very thankful I only had .7 th of a mile to walk out of the deep snow. Anyways---bring my inhaler next time. I know Dan was very worried for me and just not a good situation to be in. I better get on my rower or do something else.

If all goes well this weekend, I should be starting transition on Monday since I should be 5 lbs away from goal. Keep up the good work!

Old 01-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #71
Workitout
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Workitout
Stats: 202/196/130 (5'1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRene View Post
Many weeks, I have not shown any loss at the beginning of the week and then all of a sudden the last couple of days, the scale starts moving. Not sure why. It is really hard for me to stay off the scale every day, but everyone tells me I should stay off of it. It can really mess with your mindset. Just keep it up and the weight will come off.
Thanks a lot! Yeah will do! I'll keep chugging on. Thanks too Dawn. So i went to the clinic and i think something is wrong with my scale I lost 6lbs the first week!! however I heard for the Tanita scale they put in a few lbs for clothes? I rather they not cause I don't wear heavy clothes.

JordansKat how are you doing!

Can I have hot dogs? it says I can have 97% fat free hot dogs!
Workitout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #72
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

at my clinic they always minus 2 lbs every time for your clothes, so when you initially went, they did that too, so you did lose 6 lbs then. I invested in a good scale that goes to my iPhone and love it, it measures body fat too, it was like 130.00 for it. I weight myself every day and look at it every day, if I didn't I probably would cheat then. you can have hot dogs, I never did but I know you can. Now---I actually have weighed my clothes to see what they came to and it was close to 2 lbs!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #73
Workitout
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
at my clinic they always minus 2 lbs every time for your clothes, so when you initially went, they did that too, so you did lose 6 lbs then. I invested in a good scale that goes to my iPhone and love it, it measures body fat too, it was like 130.00 for it. I weight myself every day and look at it every day, if I didn't I probably would cheat then. you can have hot dogs, I never did but I know you can. Now---I actually have weighed my clothes to see what they came to and it was close to 2 lbs!
What scale is it? I';d like one that goes to my phone!! Although the clinic actually posts it on the mediweightloss personal website so I can kind of follow it. So i was struggling week 1 because i kept eating bland food that I don't like but the point of medi is you can eat your fave foods but in smaller portions so I am going to be creative this week with veges!

I am going to do a mashed turnip (like mashed potatoes) with garlic!

So I really love salmon and i think i want to eat it everyday they are saying it is high in fat so I don't know hmmm.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #74
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I eat salmon all the time, probably 3 x's a week. love it. I first got the Wirthings scale and liked it but had a problem being out in the country with blue tooth, I took that back and got the I-health, both at Best Buy, and I love it. I-health is easy and have had it for 5 months and works great, it goes right to my phone and I track my weight all the time, I look at it and it gives me encouragement to keep going. I think it is about 125 but I did not wait for a sale price or shop around, there are more out there too, I was just at Best Buy and didn't look around, just liked it and got it. Very Happy with it too. Do what works with the salmon, if it keeps you on track it is worth it, I am not supposed to have my adkins bars either, but I do and lose every week.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #75
Workitout
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I eat salmon all the time, probably 3 x's a week. love it. I first got the Wirthings scale and liked it but had a problem being out in the country with blue tooth, I took that back and got the I-health, both at Best Buy, and I love it. I-health is easy and have had it for 5 months and works great, it goes right to my phone and I track my weight all the time, I look at it and it gives me encouragement to keep going. I think it is about 125 but I did not wait for a sale price or shop around, there are more out there too, I was just at Best Buy and didn't look around, just liked it and got it. Very Happy with it too. Do what works with the salmon, if it keeps you on track it is worth it, I am not supposed to have my adkins bars either, but I do and lose every week.
I think i am going to get the Omcron scale that has that body fat hand held thing. Yeah I think I will have salmon only 3x a week only on the weekends cause cooked salmon is great right off the grill not in the fridge waiting to get microwaved at work.

Also can I have cheese everyday??? I put it over my turkey burgers and stuff, love that stuff! How many cheese can I have a day? it's one of the 50 calories per babydel or string cheese mmm

Also for sweets I like those bars but only can have it eveyry other day!
Old 01-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #76
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mscourtney210
Stats: 193/156.5/145 @5'3
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 28, 2014
Thanks I be been working so hard. I am ready to get rid if these last few lbs and be done. This journey was great. Flew and steady people. Patience.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race
mscourtney210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #77
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I have a cheese stick every day and I eat 1 bar a day, sometimes I have had several but those are my emotional times of eating, and I still loss weight doing that.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #78
Workitout
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a cheese stick every day and I eat 1 bar a day, sometimes I have had several but those are my emotional times of eating, and I still loss weight doing that.
So only one cheese stick a day, not 2 a day? I am holding the bars off to when I work out at the gym which is prob like never or the weekends, HAHA!

But with 2 cheesesticks a day if I keep to the calories range it's ok! Did you realy start at 500 cals a day? I got started at 600. but everyone else started at 500-600?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #79
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I started at 500-550 which I did for 4 months, only 1 cheese stick, no more. I do bars every day but you cannot do shakes and bars, only one or the other, I have a bar usually for breakfast driving to work. I have an issue eating too many adkins bars, I did splurge on those a few times.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #80
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

FYI---Medi does not approve of Adkins bars, but it has worked for me. I love them and it keeps me on track with the rest of the program. They will tell you can get some other ones at Costos but the adkins gives me the fix I need. Weigh in tomorrow! should be at transition tomorrow, only 4 more to go.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #81
Workitout
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
FYI---Medi does not approve of Adkins bars, but it has worked for me. I love them and it keeps me on track with the rest of the program. They will tell you can get some other ones at Costos but the adkins gives me the fix I need. Weigh in tomorrow! should be at transition tomorrow, only 4 more to go.
Omg i had 2 cheesesticks today!! Was craving it so bad. Will stick to one everyday now.

I really love the peanut butter bars and choco bars from medi. I think i had the adkins ones before and those were yummy too. The clinic told me I could only have those bars 2-3 times a week. The bars are soooooooo convenient when I am swamped at work and just cant make or microwave anything. I will see how it goes. but yeah those bars are addicting!

Wow you're already close to goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of you!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #82
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Hey ladies! Sorry I missed a bunch of posts. I've read them all! Great job everyone, I love seeing losses! I also don't seem to lose in the beginning of the week, but manage to drop for my weigh-in.

Life is crazy, I have not been sticking to the plan. I am taking my husband to the clinic's open house on Wednesday, hopefully when he signs up i will be more motivated to plan and prep than I have been lately. Seriously, with five kids in the house on different schedules, bad weather, school delays, fiscal year ends, lice, etc, it is all I can do to keep any food in the house! It seems that I run out of options by the end of every day! I am off tomorrow morning and I am going to make a plan and a grocery list and make sure I know what I am eating this week.

Keep up the great work everyone! Welcome to all the newbies! It really does work as long as you do the work!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #83
Fit2010
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'4" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;1/15=194
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 10-14-2015 @ 202; 4/26/16 171
Rachel - Congrats on your 40 lbs loss so far!! That is a lot of distractions going on at your house. Yikes! About 3 days ago DH knew I was going out to pick up prescription and asked me to bring home "snacks"....he doesn't usually ask that. I brought home his favorite ice cream and some whole seed chips. Made him stick the two Snicker's bars in HIS car; but I've been in to the ice cream and chips myself too.

I will start week one tomorrow AM. Might be a tough AM....I have been working out on M-W-F at the Y. Will have cottage cheese in the AM prior to going, and maybe an egg later after workout. Then I might stop by grocery and buy Atkins bars, reduced sodium chicken broth, and reduced fat cheese sticks. Week one is never fun....but it helps when you know others are doing it too!!

We CAN do this!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-11-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:07 AM   #84
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

congrats Rachel! way to go with all your craziness lately! No more asthma attacks for me thank goodness! Prom shopping with my daughter was stressful and I was thinking I am an emotional eater! especially when I am thinking I could get a 20 piece chicken mcnugget at Mcd's instead of 4! Have a great day!

Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 AM   #85
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

I'm definitely an emotional eater Dawn. I don't know how anybody is NOT. I think the stress is doing it for me. I do fine all day, then give in to cravings at night when I'm working. I should try to go to bed earlier...
Old 01-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #86
StephaKneeLeigh
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: StephaKneeLeigh
Stats: Week 1: -6.5lbs
Start Date: January 1, 2015
Hello my fellow weight losers! - New to the forum -

Tomorrow is my weigh in for week 3...and week 2 didn't seem to successful. (I stay away from weighing myself at home.) I stay very strict on the diet and I've worked on ... and drank water! Probably not as much as I did last week but I still drink at least 2 1.5L bottles!
StephaKneeLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #87
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JordansKat
Hi everyone!!! Day one for me and so far so good!!! I'm at 180 exactly. I had a real busy weekend so I didn't do much online but I've read most of the posts. Thanks to everyone asking about me. This is what this forum is about -- support and just plain awesomeness. Welcome to the newcomers (I'm still one!!)! Ladies have a GREAT day!!!
JordansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #88
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Good day for me so far. Off schedule due to school delays, but did get some food in the house and planned meals. I even did some Turbo Jam. My work server has been inaccessible all day, so I see a late night of work for me tonight. A trigger for me, it seems. I plan to chew gum and drink tea and not eat while I work tonight! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #89
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaKneeLeigh View Post
Hello my fellow weight losers! - New to the forum -

Tomorrow is my weigh in for week 3...and week 2 didn't seem to successful. (I stay away from weighing myself at home.) I stay very strict on the diet and I've worked on ... and drank water! Probably not as much as I did last week but I still drink at least 2 1.5L bottles!
Welcome and good luck!

Old 01-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #90
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

So I officially started the transitioning part of Medi, so 4 lbs to go to goal! Went for a walk outside, only 13 below with wind chill, not too bad of a walk actually.