Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #1291
RedMercedes
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedMercedes
Stats: 163/154/120
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 12/4/15
In Ketosis

Bought sticks last night. Used this am when I woke up. In pink, right befor the purple. Was curious as I am a gum chewer and didn't know it that would mess with the ketosis. Yeah! made it through day 4, so on day 5.
RedMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #1292
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
glad you had an awesome time on vacation!

good for being in ketosis!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #1293
NolaGirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NolaGirl
Stats: 5'1" 152/152/112
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: December 2, 2015
First Weigh In

Hi all-

Sorry that there have been crickets over here. Every time I think I have the time to sit and catchup with every one, I end up getting pulled back up!

So I over served myself drinks at the Christmas party-vodka and club soda. Felt awful the next day and paid it for it with not having the results today that I was hoping for but I was in Ketosis the next morning which really surprised me. According to my scale I am down to 145 which is more than what I was hoping for for my weigh in. I really wanted to be in the double digits but I will celebrate 6lbs . Better to go up than go down. I have another Christmas Party on Saturday night then I am out of the woods! I love the holidays but boy I could pass them up this year. These parties can sure be a challenge when dieting-what was I thinking starting the week after Thanksgiving! I am going to bring Smoked Salmon and another Mediweight Appetizer. Recipes anyone?

So I have noticed the scale at my house is different than the scale at the clinic-anyone else experiencing that? I am going in for a weigh in this morning-nervous!! I did Ideal Protein a while back and their scales always weighed me heavier than mine which was very discouraging.

Good job Diane with being in Ketosis! I actually like being in it. I am staying up later at night with energy and I don't feel like the Puff Marshmellow man after I eat! I do wake up with a stuffed up nose and headache in the morning but I can deal with that. One thing my clinic told me was that you should keep the strips on your night stand and not in the bathroom-I think the moisture in the bathroom can effect them.

Thanks Dawn for all your past posts -I have been reading them when I can to get some time and get my questions answered as well as find inspiration-you rock!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jill
NolaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #1294
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
Welcome to all the new people.

I'm so far off task that it's unbelievable. I'm praying to get back on track before I so far that I'm starting over again and believe me I don't want to do.

I got very discouraged the last time that I went for my weigh-in because I was retaining so much water and I didn't know why. I was following the program and getting some exercise in 5 days a week. So, when the scale was up .5 pounds I really lost it and gave up. The funny thing now is that I'm not retaining at all since I'm not following the diet so closely but avoiding carbs. I'm thinking that I was just trying to hard and worrying about the scale so much that my body retaliated. But I'm going to purchase some weeks before the month is out so that I don't have to pay the new prices. Hopefully, that will keep me honest. I also, want to enjoy the holidays and not worry about what I can and can not have to eat.

Anyway, I'm here just not being all good.

Have a wonderful evening ladies.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #1295
RedMercedes
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedMercedes
Stats: 163/154/120
Start Date: 12/4/15
Happy Friday-Eve

Hi everyone!

Day 7, yeah!!!!

Thanks Jill. We started this after Thanksgiving because we want to feel great come 1/1. You are right about losing the Puff Marshmallow feeling. I have my moments of being tired, but, in general, feel so much better. Plus, knowing I am working towards my goal is a good feeling.

I saw this recipe and was going to try in a couple week. Candy cane brownies on the medi weightloss website.
https://www.mediweightlossclinics.co...tritional/614/

Thanks for the welcome Betty. Appreciate having someone who knows the ins and outs of this journey.

Have a good evening.
RedMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #1296
EvaDestructioN
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EvaDestructioN
Stats: 206/206/150
WOE: Atkin's 72
Start Date: 11/30/2016
Don't Give Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Welcome to all the new people.

I'm so far off task that it's unbelievable. I'm praying to get back on track before I so far that I'm starting over again and believe me I don't want to do.

I got very discouraged the last time that I went for my weigh-in because I was retaining so much water and I didn't know why. I was following the program and getting some exercise in 5 days a week. So, when the scale was up .5 pounds I really lost it and gave up. The funny thing now is that I'm not retaining at all since I'm not following the diet so closely but avoiding carbs. I'm thinking that I was just trying to hard and worrying about the scale so much that my body retaliated. But I'm going to purchase some weeks before the month is out so that I don't have to pay the new prices. Hopefully, that will keep me honest. I also, want to enjoy the holidays and not worry about what I can and can not have to eat.

Anyway, I'm here just not being all good.

Have a wonderful evening ladies.

Betty
Hi, Betty
Forgive my delay in answering your question from some weeks back. Computer troubles have kept me off this site. I'd lost 25 pounds since Sept. 5 but gained a few back over Thanksgiving. Currently 220/199/150.

My Nov birthday and Thanksgiving threw me under the bus. I was completely off course and fell back into a binge-eating pattern that I have fought for years. I am so disappointed in myself that I let that number go up but I am not giving up.

Please don't be discouraged. This time of the year is the WORST for dieting. I did a personal Restart on Tuesday and I've vowed get as close to 190 as possible before Jan. 1. Sending you hugs and encouragement! We can do this as long as we don't give up.

Ladies, plz keep posting what you are eating and total calorie count, if you can. It is a HUGE motivator/guide for me. Seeing what ya'll are eating made me realize how many extra calories I was taking in and how far off program I had gotten.

Happy Holiday to all!
~ Eva
EvaDestructioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #1297
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
Weighed in today and was actually down a pound in fat! I was amazed. I admitted to eating whatever I wanted for 8 days and gaining several pounds. But... I've been back on week one since Sunday and very happy to say I've lost it all plus a pound. I may have needed that eating break. I was really stuck for awhile. But I'm 57 lbs down and staying on week one til Sunday. I did reset my goal to 140 from 150 at the clinic.
To those that wanted us to post our meals
Omelette (egg whites) with diced ham
Turkey meatballs
Two turkey hot dogs
String cheese
Two pickles
Sugar free jello
Turkey sticks
540 calories
Hang in there. I fell off the wagon during the cruise. It was impossible to eat what I should. But I was excited to get back on and the jump start in more weight loss is very encouraging
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #1298
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hi!
I really can't post what I am eating since I am in maintenance but it typically is protein bar, 3 oz deli meat, cottage cheese, string cheese, more meat for supper. I do not make any of the medi desserts since that is a trigger for me. I did get addicted to adkins bars and was eating them too much. I recommend you just stick to the basics and do the best you can.

Nothing new here with me, off for a walk now.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #1299
EvaDestructioN
Junior LCF Member

Sunday Food Journal

Thanks to the ladies posting their meals. It's very helpful.

Here's how I did on Sunday (12/13/15)

Boiled eggs - 140
Broth w Mozzarella = 160 cheese/ 30 broth
10 pecan halves = 98 (went overboard on the nuts)
String cheese (2) = 140

Misc: lemon (17), pickle (20), dash of chili oil in broth (30)

Total all calories: 650 give or take

Also, did 10,000 steps, per FitBit
Old 12-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #1300
NolaGirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NolaGirl
Stats: 5'1" 152/152/112
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: December 2, 2015
Struggling with not snacking

Hi All~
Hope everyone had a good day. Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I am uber nervous because at last weigh in I was only down 3 pounds-that was after my first week. I thought I would be at 6-of course hoping for a miraculous 10. I had tears my eyes but held it together. The clinician told me to drink more water and eat only from the very lean column/fish mostly so that is what I have been trying to do- I was up .6lb in water weight. I struggle with being hungry from 3-6 because that is when things gets more stressful around here (in the past I would be snacking on carbs and looking forward to having a glass of wine soon). I have been trying to brink Broth more often, have tea around that time, and eat pickles when I am really needing something.I have been in Ketosis since the 4th day. I wanted to extend my first week a couple of more days but my clinician said no.
Here's what I ate today

Breakfast: 2 serving of egg whites 70 cal
2 servings of turkey bacon 70 cal

mid morning snack
1.20 serving of smoked salmon 42 cal
string cheese 35 cal

lunch
Tunafish 90 cal
Mayo (OO) 45
egg white 17
celery 25

mid afternoon snack
2 pickles 10
salami (LS) 30

I haven't had dinner yet -all ready at 434 cals and I still need to eat my 2nd veggie since I am in week 2 so considering that, I will probably have egg whites with mushrooms. Probably will skip my second fat serving since I will already be over. I really do feel hungry when I eat-I make sure I ask myself a couple of times if I am hungry or stressed. My problem is that when I am hungry and my sugar level is low, I am so irritable that if I don't eat something I will be extremely impatient with my kids and thats homework time so I need to figure this out here soon. If I have some positive results tomorrow I will feel better about myself and can curb my appetite more. I'm afraid if they say that I have minimal loss again I will be more pissed at myself and say screw it and then I go on the vicious cycle of binging and beating myself up. ugh!
Sorry about the negativity and venting-
jill
NolaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #1301
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

sometimes you need to eat more to lose!

Went to a school event, a Madrigal dinner, it was nice but eating was a challenge, ate too much cheese and fruit, but oh well, start over tomorrow again.

keep at it, it will come off.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #1302
EvaDestructioN
Junior LCF Member

Plateau

Not sure what is going on with this. I'm solidly in ketosis, back to Week 1 all protein, calories at about 600. Walking 6000 - 10000 steps a day. Started doing light weights and toning videos.

I've lost back down to my pre-November fall off the wagon. But have been stuck at same weight for four days now. Kind of panicking, as have to weigh tomorrow.

It's horribly discouraging to be living like a protein monk, basically, and still have pants feeling too tight.

I did have a couple of pickles as a snack last night. Maybe water weight?

Considering going to all protein shakes for a couple of days.

Anyone else go through this in their journey?
Old 12-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #1303
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDestructioN View Post
Not sure what is going on with this. I'm solidly in ketosis, back to Week 1 all protein, calories at about 600. Walking 6000 - 10000 steps a day. Started doing light weights and toning videos.

I've lost back down to my pre-November fall off the wagon. But have been stuck at same weight for four days now. Kind of panicking, as have to weigh tomorrow.

It's horribly discouraging to be living like a protein monk, basically, and still have pants feeling too tight.

I did have a couple of pickles as a snack last night. Maybe water weight?

Considering going to all protein shakes for a couple of days.

Anyone else go through this in their journey?
I never did all protein shakes, just do the program and it will come off, stop worrying about and getting fixated on the number. Weight loss is more than the number. Stressing out over you move up or down just created stress and just leads to a gain.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #1304
EvaDestructioN
Junior LCF Member

Wise words. You're right. I need to stop obsessing over the dang scale and just focus on sticking to the plan.

Thank you, Dawn.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #1305
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I am going to try to stay on my maintaining plan on some level but decided I am going to endulge in the holiday foods. Last year I didn't but this year I am going to do that. Do the best you can this holiday season!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #1306
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Farewell to all 2015 and all my 2015 friends here on this site! it has been a fantastic year for most of us! 2016 soon awaits us with new challenges and I wish you all the best of luck! Dawn

Old 12-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #1307
Kimpet
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimpet
Near goal but stuck

While I started with Medi March 7th this year and have so enjoyed and benefited from all of your post, this is the first time I am participating. I have lost 40 pounds toward my 55 pound goal. I go to the Medi Clinic in Appleton but have cut my visits to approximately 1-2 times per month due to my work/travel. I have tried many different diets but this is the first one where I like what I am eating, feel full and see it as a bad way I can eat to maintain once I reach my goal. While I am happy with my loss, not sure why I can't cross the finish line to reach my goal. Anyone else stall before reaching their goal?
Kimpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #1308
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimpet View Post
While I started with Medi March 7th this year and have so enjoyed and benefited from all of your post, this is the first time I am participating. I have lost 40 pounds toward my 55 pound goal. I go to the Medi Clinic in Appleton but have cut my visits to approximately 1-2 times per month due to my work/travel. I have tried many different diets but this is the first one where I like what I am eating, feel full and see it as a bad way I can eat to maintain once I reach my goal. While I am happy with my loss, not sure why I can't cross the finish line to reach my goal. Anyone else stall before reaching their goal?
I go to the Appleton clinic too and I'm having the same problem! I got to my goal but then decided to go for gold and go for the weight that the bei charts say I should be. I go once a month and am down each time but I feel like it's going to take a year to lose the last 10 lbs!
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #1309
JennGA
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennGA
I just started Medi Dec 29th. I did it years ago and had great results. Ready for great results this time too.
JennGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #1310
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Hi all! I haven't been on here in quite some time. I haven't done so well the last couple of months. I think I let myself go too much over the holidays and just can't seem to get back on track and boy is the scale and my clothes telling on me. I felt so good and had so much energy while I was on the plan. I think I should have never let carbs back into my diet. . On a good note I have been back to exercising after a good 6 weeks of not being able to do much, I hurt my leg and then had a bad cold for a couple of weeks.

I think I'm going to try one more time on my own. I am back up to 174 and am so upset with myself. I have supplements, shakes, and bars that I have ordered online. My Dr gave me an appetite suppressant for a month. It's amazing how easy I find grabbing a cookie or a non healthy snack has become. I'm going to dig outside my program materials and food logs and try to follow the same meal plans I did in the beginning. Just gotta get through the first few days and get myself back into ketosis. I really don't wanrpt to have to go back to the clinic and pay again. I know what I need to do, just have to get myself on the right track.

Thanks for the support and letting me vent. Sometimes it helps to just put things out there.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #1311
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paducah
Just checking to see if anyone still uses this thread. Getting ready to start my journey and would love an online community for encouragement and advice.
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #1312
julie1970
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: julie1970
Stats: 2SW 182 /CW 172 /GW 145
WOE: atkins 72/ LCHF
Start Date: june 1st 2016
what is 'medi' weightloss?
medical?
medium (amount to lose)
???