Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #151
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
hi everyone, more on track today, I left work yesterday 2 hours earlier --just feeling sick, overwhelmed, we have all been there. My mom is still in the hospital and will go to a nursing home sometime, she is still very sick but she has had a good life and has worked hard being a single mom with 3 girls to raise.
So I have on my schedule that I am proceeding with my abdominalplasty--full tummy tuck, muscle repair, a little lipo in my hip area will be June 5 of this year, I am excited. The doctor said I will go down at least 1-2 sizes after this, he stated my skin by my bra line will be in the pubic bone area when he is done, kind of gross if I think about it but he also told me my issue is NOT from weight loss but from having 3 kids and stated I was in good shape with my skin considering how much I loss. My insurance doesn't cover it but oh well.

Today after work I attended my coworkers husband funeral, he was only 45, pancreatic cancer with 3 teenage kids at home, it was heart breaking to see those kids there in such pain.

Keep going! I know I am! thanks everyone too!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #152
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

hope you feel better Rachel!
Good luck at the wedding Kat!
KRene-enjoy your family!
Foxylady---I am thinking you are not doing Medi Weight loss?

As far as the B goes--I really don't know it helps or not, but they say if you are deficient in the complex B's but in Medi's report online it states an increase in loss when you get the shot 2 x's a week. I take the oral too but don't know does it or not.

good luck, I am off to movie night with Dan and Paul now.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #153
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mscourtney210
Stats: 193/156.5/145 @5'3
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 28, 2014
193 to 157 lbs
That is 36lbs Wow!!!
4lbs away from 40. Friends are telling me I am at a good weight but I can keep going!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race
mscourtney210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #154
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

good job Courtney! I made those banana muffins from the website, surprisingly, they were good. Off for walk now and eating better.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #155
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
wow Dawn, that will be great! I hope the surgery goes uneventfully. I've been thinking of you and your mother. I hope she is comfortable.

Awesome Courtney! We are in about the same place now. I also feel like I am okay here, but still a bit above the healthy BMI number.

Still a bit sick here, and busy. Finally done with the little one's birthday celebrations, next week is my husband, then no birthdays for awhile! He has been doing great on his first week, I've been doing fine also. Keep it up!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #156
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

yeah Rachel your hubby should join us here! glad he is doing well. My mom still hospitalized and probably going to a Nursing Home if she gets out, she will just do palliative care. She is doing better and her pain is more under control, they don't know why she is so sick but hopefully they will figure it out. I went to my friend's husband funeral yesterday, he was 45 and had young kids at home, just made me sick to take someone that young and such a nice man. Well---I am on track, got the weight off I gained, so only 2.5 from goal. If I had my surgery today, they would chop off a good 8lbs! That doesn't seem like much but its like 4-5 lbs skin and 3 lbs of fluid the doc said. There are a lot they can do with stretch marks too with this laser stuff they do now. It is cold here but sunny, going to go for a walk and maybe use some of my equipment that just gets looked at! Take care everyone and stay focused!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #157
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Dawn, glad your mom is not in pain at least. So sorry about your friend's husband, that is terrible. A friend of mine lost her husband recently, he was in his 30s and they had two children the ages of my oldest two. I was a mess because I could see myself there...

Glad you are on track! I never thought of the weight of the skin they would be taking off. You will be so tiny! I swore I would never have elective surgery after the awful recovery from having my tonsils removed at age 20. Now if I ever do, it would probably be Lasik! I would love to wake up and be able to see!

Keep up the great work everyone! I don't know if I will have a good loss this week. I haven't exercised because of this sore throat. My hubby will never be online, doubt he even set himself up on the Medi website. He just isn't into technology. I'll let you know what he loses though
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #158
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JordansKat
Hi everyone! I only have a minute but I wanted to post. I had a great time at the wedding. However, I fell off the wagon the night before and did better at the wedding - go figure. I'm up 2 lbs so I'll do 2 protein days and get back on track. I honestly feel a little hopeless for some reason. I know it's not though. Just having a lot of urges to go back to the way I was eating. But I'm just gonna put one foot in front of the other despite my feelings.

I want to wish you all a great week and will hopefully have more time to comment on some of the posts I read. Many blessings to you! Kat
JordansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #159
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Ok ladies forgot to mention something AWESOME I discovered!

My sister bought a device called a Zoodles Maker ($20 Amazon or wherever). It makes spaghetti like spiral strands out of all kind of vegetables. I tried zucchini yesterday. It was so filling, hearty, delish! You can have it cold (like pasta salad) or warm with pasta sauce. You guys may have already heard about it but it's worth mentioning again. I now feel like I have an incredible option for my veggies that will be fulfilling! Yay! )) Kat
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #160
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Kat--no time to feel hopeless, time to empower yourself and get it going, you can! I have had more of those moments when I chose to do nothing about it, if you are trying, that is the main thing right? just takes time.

Rachel, I had lasik done like 9 years ago and never regretted that at all.

I am personally too lazy to use a spiralizer, I think they are cool but just don't I would use it pass the first time!

Not much new here, need to go for a walk!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #161
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
Kat--no time to feel hopeless, time to empower yourself and get it going, you can! I have had more of those moments when I chose to do nothing about it, if you are trying, that is the main thing right? just takes time.

Rachel, I had lasik done like 9 years ago and never regretted that at all.

I am personally too lazy to use a spiralizer, I think they are cool but just don't I would use it pass the first time!

Not much new here, need to go for a walk!
Thanks Dawn -- I needed a kick in the pants.

Doing better today - lost 1.2 of 2 lbs I gained over the weekend. Hope you ladies have a great day! You can do it!

Blessings! Kat
Old 01-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #162
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Doing good today, more on track with my calories at least! off for a walk now!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #163
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Doing good today, more on track with my calories at least! off for a walk now!
Congrats!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #164
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I struggle every day Kat, most of us will because we are emotional eaters.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #165
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Kat - glad the wedding went well! Was your weekly weigh-in an increase of 2 lbs? I would hope a single night off track wouldn't do that! But good for you, recognizing that you need to buckle down again and not let this ruin the journey. I've heard of that veggie tool, it was called something different (maybe veggeti?). I should probably get one because we eat a ton of squash in the summer.

Dawn - keep it up! I continue to think of you and your family.

My husband lost 9 lbs in his first week! almost 25% of his 40 goal! I weighed in this morning, down 1.5 this week, not in ketosis (I knew it - my MIL sabotaged me by bringing over donuts for the kids... She has diabetes, should know better! And she knows that we are not eating that stuff! I stopped at half a donut though). So close to my goal! My counselor said that I can really stop wherever I want, doesn't have to be within the BMI zone. I will see where I am after February. I do feel fine and look fine. I always question how small I need to be. I know at 145 I will be wearing size 4 or 6. Which is great. But is it really that much different than a solid 6? So we'll see. My body fat is within the desired range already.

Keep it up everyone!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #166
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I struggle every day Kat, most of us will because we are emotional eaters.
That's me alright! But I've learned a lot from you, Rachel, the other ladies that we must keep going despite our feelings. Because sometimes feelings aren't facts and I forget that at times. Keep you and your mom, family in my prayers.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #167
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
Kat - glad the wedding went well! Was your weekly weigh-in an increase of 2 lbs? I would hope a single night off track wouldn't do that! But good for you, recognizing that you need to buckle down again and not let this ruin the journey. I've heard of that veggie tool, it was called something different (maybe veggeti?). I should probably get one because we eat a ton of squash in the summer.

Dawn - keep it up! I continue to think of you and your family.

My husband lost 9 lbs in his first week! almost 25% of his 40 goal! I weighed in this morning, down 1.5 this week, not in ketosis (I knew it - my MIL sabotaged me by bringing over donuts for the kids... She has diabetes, should know better! And she knows that we are not eating that stuff! I stopped at half a donut though). So close to my goal! My counselor said that I can really stop wherever I want, doesn't have to be within the BMI zone. I will see where I am after February. I do feel fine and look fine. I always question how small I need to be. I know at 145 I will be wearing size 4 or 6. Which is great. But is it really that much different than a solid 6? So we'll see. My body fat is within the desired range already.

Keep it up everyone!
Good for hubby!!!

MIL - sounds like my husband - bringing in the enemy

Rachel - sounds like it's really coming together for you.

So I usually have a hard time on the weekend in terms of weight loss - I don't go to Medi (they are closed on the weekends), out of my routine. So it wasn't unusual that I didn't lose but I got out of ketosis which I'm still not back in. BUT I lost the 2 lb I gained plus another 1 lb...I think I need to exercise more on weekends, etc but I feel a lot better mentally today.

Blessings! Kat
Old 01-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #168
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

the good thing for me is technically I don't have to be in "ketosis" now that in the transitioning part of the program, it means I can eat more essentially. Some days I do, some times I don't. My mom is still in the hospital, trying to get her transferred to a nursing home but no one will take her because her medicatiions are complicated.

yeah--this is stressful.

Good Job Rachel's hubby and Rachel!
Hang in there Kat!

Old 01-29-2015, 01:17 AM   #169
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mscourtney210
Stats: 193/156.5/145 @5'3
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 28, 2014
Lost 2lbs of fat this week. I got a planet fitness memebership two weeks ago for free from my job. Planet fitness is a level under my job so there is no excuse to not go to the gym. It is 24 hrs mon-fri. I am always in there. I am making medi work for me. I am done with constricting more living a healthy lifestyle. Medi put me on the right track. I've been toning up. Building lean muscle. I am begining to work on the areas I think are my "problem areas" I love the way I look! Medi is the one that works!!!! keep it up ladies. It works of you want it to work. Not a diet, it is a lifestyle change.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race
mscourtney210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:28 AM   #170
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

doing good Courtney!

Old 01-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #171
KRene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Good Morning All! We had a nice visit with the family over the weekend. Bad part was that our Granddaughters ended up with the stomach bug and poor little Emily had an ear infection. Of course we came home with it...poor Poppa ended up with it a lot worse than I did. Luckily I was just a little queezy and really tired for a couple of days. So, I cancelled my WI appt on Tuesday, sure didn't want to expose the clinic to it. Based on my scale and from what Bill is saying, I have lost a couple more lbs this week. So close to my goal...about 10lbs to go, though I am really trying to concentrate on the healthy BMI number instead of the weight.

This morning I tried the vanilla pancakes from the medi website... they were so good and I was able to be "bad" without being "bad" Hope everyone has a great day!
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:35 AM   #172
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

great job Courtney! Keep it up! My "gym" is also a level under my office, meaning my gym is the basement and my home office is in the dining room. Just wish I had daycare in my house, would be a lot easier to get down there, ha!

Hope you are feeling better today KRene - getting close!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:07 AM   #173
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscourtney210 View Post
Lost 2lbs of fat this week. I got a planet fitness memebership two weeks ago for free from my job. Planet fitness is a level under my job so there is no excuse to not go to the gym. It is 24 hrs mon-fri. I am always in there. I am making medi work for me. I am done with constricting more living a healthy lifestyle. Medi put me on the right track. I've been toning up. Building lean muscle. I am begining to work on the areas I think are my "problem areas" I love the way I look! Medi is the one that works!!!! keep it up ladies. It works of you want it to work. Not a diet, it is a lifestyle change.
EXCELLENT good for you!!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #174
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies! Down another lb for a total of 18 lbs. still not back in ketosis but I'm losing every day.

KRene - hope you and the family feel better! Ear infections are just the worst for the little ones.

Have a great day everyone! Blessings, Kat
Old 01-30-2015, 05:12 AM   #175
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

good job Kat!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:51 AM   #176
JordansKat
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to wish everyone a great weekend! Blessings, Kat
Old 02-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #177
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

how is everyone doing? still hanging on and thinking I will make low carb pizza for superbowl.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #178
Texasgirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Texasgirl
Hello all! I was on Medi Weight loss a few years ago and lost about 25 lbs. (almost halfway to my goal). My daughter became ill, I stopped going and gained it all back plus more. I've read your posts and realize that I, too, am an emotional eater! UGH! I KNOW what I need to do to get back on track and I have the tools (knowledge and supplements -fat burner, stay slim, etc.)....I just need to get my head wrapped around the lifestyle change. I'm hoping to get support from you ladies so I can get started and get back on the wagon!

Txgirl
Texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #179
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

welcome Texasgirl! how you going to clinic or on your own?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #180
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Great job on the losses, and welcome Texasgirl!

Today was my husband's birthday, we had filet, broccoli, and Susie's Cheesecake Bites (from the dessert thread). This lifestyle is workable, even when it seems like you can't get through a holiday or celebration without the high calorie/carb food and drink. I know it, because I've been through Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas, New Year's, three kids' birthdays, and now my husband's birthday. Just stick to it!