Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 05:36 AM   #1
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
April showers bring weight loss!

It is April 1st! No fooling! So, we will join together and support each other as we lose weight!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2016, 05:40 AM   #2
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I had a great January - weight loss wise. I had a miserable Feb. and March - weight loss wise. I have been on plan - very strict for a few days and plan on continuing to be strict! I have two over night visits to make this month, but I will practice self control! I'm going to end April at least 10 pounds lighter than I started it!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
southernstunner
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Gallery: southernstunner
Hi I am new here and will be starting the Stillman's Diet this Sunday. My goal is 15-20lbs this month. I am going to do my best to stay on this for at least a month with the hopes of taking it month to month. I also will be checking in daily starting Sunday and use this is my journal.

I wish you all success!
southernstunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
What!? I can't believe it's April already! What happened to March!?

I lost 5 lbs in March over and over again. I only have one event in April so hopefully that will be my only off plan day. I m going to start doing a weekly weigh in on my stats hopefully that will keep me motivated.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #5
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I am going upstairs soon to read. I finished the first day of April on plan! I have a string of 4 days in a row! : )

Mar - I gained lots in Feb and March and lost a little and gained a little and on and on.

Hi southern! This is the best place to be for support!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 AM   #6
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Hey everyone so I did weigh in yesterday at 187 so a 2 pound loss in March. Gained some from my lowest in march but that's fine.I ate a little naughty last night plus skipped my workout so I'm going to get a workout in today and eat very clean.ll weigh in in a little bit once I fully wake up and crawl out of bed.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:17 AM   #7
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Good morning, Kal! Does the competition start April 1 or on Monday?

I have a busy day today, mostly my own fault for being lazy over the past several days! But it will be an on plan day! I'm preparing for my granddaughter's visit. She is almost 9. I'm going to feed her low carb and treats!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #8
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning, Kal! Does the competition start April 1 or on Monday?
Monday--hence why i got my cravings out the way last night.weekly weigh ins are held every Friday ending on June 3rd. i weighed in at 187.6 so not bad at all.still going to behave and workout today. goal is 12 pounds from whatever i weigh in on Monday. lol. so it will be great plus the day i end up in the 170s at all ill be jumping for joy. haha. i have my eyes locked on the 170s.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #9
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I am heading out right after church and won't be home until tomorrow evening. I'm going to really try to hang on to my weight loss! My week is Tuesday to Tuesday, so Tuesday morning will tell me if it is possible for me to be somewhat off plan and still have a decent weight loss for the week! We are thinking about going out to eat this evening, which will actually make staying on plan much easier! I'll check in Monday night or Tuesday morning!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #10
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Well I'm down a little bit today.under 187. TOM is starting though....so perhaps I've been holding onto water and can expect the scale to drop?no clue as I didn't record weight daily so it's a guessing game now.so I can't see if my trends are happening this time.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #11
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I was so close to staying on track the whole weekend but then I had one chip and one chip turned into a few. I didn't over do it though so I am test ill taking that as a win! Tomorrow I am back on track I want to lose 10 lbs this month so that mean no weekends off and staying on track!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #12
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I'm home! I wasn't as good - food wise - as I thought I would be. But I'm happy with my choices. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in, so hopefully I will show a loss.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #13
dlish129
Junior LCF Member
 
dlish129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 10
Gallery: dlish129
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 03/08/2016
Hi everyone! I'm back after Spring Break! Ready to start again. I may have gone a little overboard, but it was vacation! Ready to start April with a BANG! Stillmans week one, GO!
dlish129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #14
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Day one back on track was good.

I have been getting a stabbing pain under my rib on my right side, Where my liver is. I went to the dr and am going for an ultra sound hopefully it's nothing too serious but now I really want to lose weight in case it's fatty liver or something causing it so I can get a jump start on getting better! I have had this pain on and off for years and didn't have it last time on stills so I am really hoping this helps but I can't keep doing induction type eating I will need to cut the fat to reLly get this to work.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:53 AM   #15
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Mar - do you have your gallbladder?

I lost two pounds for the week. I had lost more, but gained two over the weekend. It really is frustrating because while I did have dinner on Sunday and breakfast on Monday off plan, I didn't go overboard. Alas. But still, I did have a loss for the week!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #16
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Well I'm on TOM so I'm not weighing until it's over. Going to keep up my clean eating and just wait this out.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #17
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Mar - do you have your gallbladder?

I lost two pounds for the week. I had lost more, but gained two over the weekend. It really is frustrating because while I did have dinner on Sunday and breakfast on Monday off plan, I didn't go overboard. Alas. But still, I did have a loss for the week!
I do still have my gallbladder.

Congrats! A loss is a loss! I get your frustration though. I am always gaining on weekends and then losing it during the week.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #18
Hannahmo
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Hannahmo
I am done eating for the day...several cups of black coffee, dozen glasses of water. 4 hard boiled eggs, a lean hamburger patty for dinner and steak for dinner. I assume that much red meat is not with stillmans, but I didn't want to wait for grocery day to start.

I can definitely see how this can get boring haha..but what I am hoping is that people say is true, that the hunger really does go away.
Hannahmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #19
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahmo View Post
I am done eating for the day...several cups of black coffee, dozen glasses of water. 4 hard boiled eggs, a lean hamburger patty for dinner and steak for dinner. I assume that much red meat is not with stillmans, but I didn't want to wait for grocery day to start.

I can definitely see how this can get boring haha..but what I am hoping is that people say is true, that the hunger really does go away.
You aren't supposed to have red meat but I always do. It's trial and error at first figurin out what stalls you and what doesn't.

It is very boring lol! But if you have a hard time figuring out when you are hungry and when you are bored (like me),it's useful,because you won't really want to eat that meat unless you are actually hungry!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #20
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Not much to report. I'm on TOM.going to try to avoid weighing. I am ready for summer weather but I'm far from being beach ready so I hope I can make big steps as summer approaches. I got a really cute monokini so it's a onepiece but the midsection is all lace and see through so it's almost liked a bikini.I really want to look good in it.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:57 AM   #21
Hannahmo
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Hannahmo
The scale didn't move this morning...which is surprising because typically speaking, when I've gone low carb in the past, the scale moves a couple of lbs at least the first couple of days.

I'm not going to throw in the towel yet though!
Hannahmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:04 AM   #22
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I didn't weigh this morning. I typically weigh every day, but I'm going to try to cut back on my scale obsession. Since I have been on plan, I'm going to try not to worry about it!

I'm looking forward to summer too, Kal. I hope that my ankle is better so that I can ride my bike and get some exercise in!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:11 AM   #23
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
That's great to hear mim!glad it's better
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #24
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 133
Gallery: BuffyTVS
Hello! I am hopping on the Stillmans train for April. All aboard for weight loss--whoot whoot! My day 1 is tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
You aren't supposed to have red meat but I always do. It's trial and error at first figurin out what stalls you and what doesn't.

It is very boring lol! But if you have a hard time figuring out when you are hungry and when you are bored (like me),it's useful,because you won't really want to eat that meat unless you are actually hungry!
I have the book, and red meat is fine as long as it's lean. Even in the sticky at the top of the page it says:

Quote:
LEAN MEATS, with all possible fat trimmed off. Includes beef,
lamb, veal. Eat it broiled, boiled, OR baked. No butter,
margarine, oil or other fats are to be used either in
the cooking or the eating.
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #25
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyTVS View Post
Hello! I am hopping on the Stillmans train for April. All aboard for weight loss--whoot whoot! My day 1 is tomorrow.



I have the book, and red meat is fine as long as it's lean. Even in the sticky at the top of the page it says:
I knew that, I dokt know why said it wasn't lol. I guess I was thinking the good tasting red meat haha.

Last edited by Mar922; 04-06-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 133
Gallery: BuffyTVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I knew that, I dokt know why said it wasn't lol. I guess I was thinking the good tasting red meat haha.
LOL! Oh yeah the yummy fatty ground beef and the delicious prime ribs I wish I could eat those and lose!!
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #27
DanielNeverDan
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
Gallery: DanielNeverDan
Hi ladies.

I'm back. Was here beginning of the year but stopped doing stillmans. No excuses, I just don't think I was in the right place. I'm currently on day 3 and going strong, also not drunk alcoho for ten days - I think that is the reason I gain a lot of weight.

Anyway, I'm 16st 5lb (as of Monday) and will be weighing weekly.

I've discovered Aldi Quark and it's amazing. I make little "cheesecake" Jellys with them - just add sugar free jelly. I had them last time I did stillmans and I stayed in Ketosis.

Tonight I had some swede chips because I was bored of 5% fat beef burgers and eggs, made a nice change.

For lunches I've been having butterfly chicken breast flavoured with black pepper and chilli flakes, with cottage cheese and boiled eggs, or the same with tuna.

Enjoying it so far. I was really successful with stillmans around 6 years ago, so looking to get the same results.

After this week I'm going to start cycling to and from work (hopefully weather picks up, horrid in Bolton at the moment) and doing gym. Hoping to get to 13.5stone.

I'll be taking a short break in May as I'm off to Greece for holiday, woohoo!

Anyway, nice to meet you all again.
DanielNeverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #28
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNeverDan View Post
Hi ladies.

I'm back. Was here beginning of the year but stopped doing stillmans. No excuses, I just don't think I was in the right place. I'm currently on day 3 and going strong, also not drunk alcoho for ten days - I think that is the reason I gain a lot of weight.

Anyway, I'm 16st 5lb (as of Monday) and will be weighing weekly.

I've discovered Aldi Quark and it's amazing. I make little "cheesecake" Jellys with them - just add sugar free jelly. I had them last time I did stillmans and I stayed in Ketosis.

Tonight I had some swede chips because I was bored of 5% fat beef burgers and eggs, made a nice change.

For lunches I've been having butterfly chicken breast flavoured with black pepper and chilli flakes, with cottage cheese and boiled eggs, or the same with tuna.

Enjoying it so far. I was really successful with stillmans around 6 years ago, so looking to get the same results.

After this week I'm going to start cycling to and from work (hopefully weather picks up, horrid in Bolton at the moment) and doing gym. Hoping to get to 13.5stone.

I'll be taking a short break in May as I'm off to Greece for holiday, woohoo!

Anyway, nice to meet you all again.

I feel like drinking is what stalls me too and I am going to try and give it up this month to see if I lose better.

We don't have quark here but I have always wanted to try it. Is it similar to marscapone or cottage cheese? You also reminded me of the dessert I used to make with jello and cottage cheese! I will have to make that again cuz I have been craving sweets!

It's really cold here too we had a blizzard yesterday and after most of the snow had just melted! I think it will be another month or 2 before I can bike to work but I hope to start, I lived way closer to work last year and never biked so we will see if I follow through this time lol.

42 lbs is very doable on stills So I think you are back to the right place!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #29
Hannahmo
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Hannahmo
I'm not doing so great two days in..started off the day with 3 hb eggs..then another with some shrimp for dinner and supper..however while cooking for my family I took a bite of the pork chops I made in mushroom sauce..well two bites and a couple of mushrooms. That will definitely be my biggest challenge.

My teenage son brought home two cartons of ice cream..one if my favourite flavour, at least I haven't delved into those!
Hannahmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #30
DanielNeverDan
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
Gallery: DanielNeverDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I feel like drinking is what stalls me too and I am going to try and give it up this month to see if I lose better.

We don't have quark here but I have always wanted to try it. Is it similar to marscapone or cottage cheese? You also reminded me of the dessert I used to make with jello and cottage cheese! I will have to make that again cuz I have been craving sweets!

It's really cold here too we had a blizzard yesterday and after most of the snow had just melted! I think it will be another month or 2 before I can bike to work but I hope to start, I lived way closer to work last year and never biked so we will see if I follow through this time lol.

42 lbs is very doable on stills So I think you are back to the right place!
I've been told my by doctor I have high ALT liver function, in the 90's, so it's best I stop drinking, I've not actually thought about alcohol for ten days and that's with my partner and family drinking around me.

Quark is like a really soft cheese, it's very sweet too. I love it.

Ooo send me your recipes for cottage cheese and jelly dessert too
DanielNeverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.