Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 05:30 AM   #61
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Way to look at the bright side!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #62
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I cut the fat k was eating last week and again I am not losing weight. I know I am still getting back down from my meal off plan but it's annoying when I am eatig well and the weight loss is slow. I wonder if it had something to do with how little I "go" on this diet? I know the last of fiber means there is less to pass but I still find it frustrating!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #63
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I cut the fat k was eating last week and again I am not losing weight. I know I am still getting back down from my meal off plan but it's annoying when I am eatig well and the weight loss is slow. I wonder if it had something to do with how little I "go" on this diet? I know the last of fiber means there is less to pass but I still find it frustrating!
I use magnesium supplements daily and I put the tasteless fiber powder in my water.might help you.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #64
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
I use magnesium supplements daily and I put the tasteless fiber powder in my water.might help you.
I take magnesium whenever it's been a while but I think I am going to start taking it daily, see if that helps.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #65
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Hello, it's been a long time... Well what can I say, life got in the way. Lots I'm having to deal with re health at the moment and have just basically checked out for the best part of two months. Fatigue has been at its worst. Anyway, Hope everyone is well, you are often in my thoughts.
Love and Peace
Makemeslim x
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:45 AM   #66
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Hi MMS! I'm so glad you dropped by. Please check in more. I've been worrying about you!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:46 AM   #67
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I was expecting a drop on the scale this morning and instead I had a gain! But it will go away. I'm on plan and so I'm not worried about it - it is just a silly fluctuation.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 AM   #68
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I was expecting a drop on the scale this morning and instead I had a gain! But it will go away. I'm on plan and so I'm not worried about it - it is just a silly fluctuation.
You have such a great outlook! Here I am complaining about all the fluctuations (mostly self induced) and you are always happily plugging along. You are a great role model.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:04 AM   #69
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
My weekly weigh in is tomorrow. I am hoping to be down 2 more lbs, I wish I would lose faster but I had a meal off plan Sunday and it takes me most of the week to lose that so 2 lbs down a week is not bad considering.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #70
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hi MMS! I'm so glad you dropped by. Please check in more. I've been worrying about you!
So sorry Mim... I know I should... I miserable and larger than I have ever been. I just don't seem to be able to get anywhere with it. Seriously thinking about trying again... I've done it before right!! How are things with you?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #71
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I was expecting a drop on the scale this morning and instead I had a gain! But it will go away. I'm on plan and so I'm not worried about it - it is just a silly fluctuation.
That's the spirit... Now can I have some please?!!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #72
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Waiting for my Sunday official weigh in. Feeling good.have chicken seasoned like fajitas for lunch so I'm looking forward to it.

Hi MMS!
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #73
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Waiting for my Sunday official weigh in. Feeling good.have chicken seasoned like fajitas for lunch so I'm looking forward to it.

Hi MMS!
Hey Kal! your chicken sounds good! I've just ordered in some Crystal Light (something Al used to help her through Stillmans. She lost 21lb in the first 3 weeks!) so it looks like I'm trying again!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:12 AM   #74
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Only chicken so far today... Al would be proud.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:24 AM   #75
kal
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey Kal! your chicken sounds good! I've just ordered in some Crystal Light (something Al used to help her through Stillmans. She lost 21lb in the first 3 weeks!) so it looks like I'm trying again!
Yeah I remember her incredible progress.it definitely doesn't work that fast for everyone.I tried and so have others. but hopefully you'll get better results than I did on chicken only.
__________________
High Weight (Mar 2015): 233
Low Weight: 185.4 (Jun 2016)
Current Weight (Jan 2017): 187.8
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #76
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Yeah I remember her incredible progress.it definitely doesn't work that fast for everyone.I tried and so have others. but hopefully you'll get better results than I did on chicken only.
Not sure I can do chicken only every meal, every day, lol! Today I'll try though. It's really boring and plain. I was feeling lazy so just stuck it in the oven with salt and pepper. Now it's in the fridge and I've been eating it cold.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-15-2016 at 04:39 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:49 AM   #77
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Howdy, friends! I'm on my way to an overnight stay with friends. I'll be back tomorrow night. I won't be on plan, but I will try to not go crazy!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #78
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Hey mms! Don't we all wish we could have al like loses!? She was so good at just sticking with it I wish I had her resolve but i can't seem to get myself to stay on plan over the weekends.

I am wondering if I am not eating enough? I didn't do it intentionally but yesterday I had 600 cals at the most! So I made extra chicken today and will make sure to have a good size dinner and see how that works.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #79
SuzanneM
Major LCF Poster!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/135/125
WOE: LC
Hi All!
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here for some Stillmans support!
I was here 2 years ago (exactly actually) and had great success with getting a bunch of weight off. I don't recognize names of any old posters, but would love to be accountable here with y'all.

I have done pretty well in maintaining for the last 2 years, with mainly lowcarb, I got down to 127 from 145 on Stillmans last time, and am now sitting at 135 after getting quite sloppy with my eating recently- plus it being first day of TOM, I'm hoping for a good wooshie
I am at this point, committing for 1 week. I have loaded up on eggs and turkey bacon and will quite happily eat those for the first 3 days - (I am a monotonous eater anyway but not a chicken fan at all )
I do use Heinz SF ketchup for my eggs, that will be my only indiscretion

Would love to hear anyones, favorite go to meals on this plan - as I know the turkey bacon and eggs will get old soon.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #80
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey mms! Don't we all wish we could have al like loses!? She was so good at just sticking with it I wish I had her resolve but i can't seem to get myself to stay on plan over the weekends.

I am wondering if I am not eating enough? I didn't do it intentionally but yesterday I had 600 cals at the most! So I made extra chicken today and will make sure to have a good size dinner and see how that works.
Yeah Al was sooo determined. When I did well with this diet in the past, I kept calories up. I lost 50 quite quickly. Took me ages to get started though. I caved yesterday. Forgot, I need to start high fat to soften the landing. Really gotta do this now, so high fat it is until my appetite is not such a problem.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #81
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Hi All!
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here for some Stillmans support!
I was here 2 years ago (exactly actually) and had great success with getting a bunch of weight off. I don't recognize names of any old posters, but would love to be accountable here with y'all.

I have done pretty well in maintaining for the last 2 years, with mainly lowcarb, I got down to 127 from 145 on Stillmans last time, and am now sitting at 135 after getting quite sloppy with my eating recently- plus it being first day of TOM, I'm hoping for a good wooshie
I am at this point, committing for 1 week. I have loaded up on eggs and turkey bacon and will quite happily eat those for the first 3 days - (I am a monotonous eater anyway but not a chicken fan at all )
I do use Heinz SF ketchup for my eggs, that will be my only indiscretion

Would love to hear anyones, favorite go to meals on this plan - as I know the turkey bacon and eggs will get old soon.
Hey there, you will be a goal in no time! I'm well gel! One of my favourites is chilli prawns, with garlic and fresh coriander. I do squirt a tad of lime on when done. I also make a chicken soup... Literally low sodium organic chicken stock cube and then throw in some chicken breasts. I add spices depending on my mood. I also like curry so, I curry chicken and prawns too.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:38 AM   #82
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yeah Al was sooo determined. When I did well with this diet in the past, I kept calories up. I lost 50 quite quickly. Took me ages to get started though. I caved yesterday. Forgot, I need to start high fat to soften the landing. Really gotta do this now, so high fat it is until my appetite is not such a problem.
I had to start high fat too! It's worked though I transitioned to stills and it went pretty well. Now I just have to make sure I am eating enough protein... I think it's because of ketosis that I don't feel hungry so I don't eat. I made sure to have 2 chicken breasts for lunch and will keep up the higher protein so hopefully I wil have a bigger loss next week.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #83
SuzanneM
Major LCF Poster!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/135/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey there, you will be a goal in no time! I'm well gel! One of my favourites is chilli prawns, with garlic and fresh coriander. I do squirt a tad of lime on when done. I also make a chicken soup... Literally low sodium organic chicken stock cube and then throw in some chicken breasts. I add spices depending on my mood. I also like curry so, I curry chicken and prawns too.
Ooh thanks for the shrimp suggestion, I love them, also scallops but so expensive right now- how do you curry your chicken and prawns, what kind of spices do you add? That would be good too.
On to day 2 and down 0.6 lol, I'm retaining from TOM starting yesterday as well - I was so incredibly hungry last night - I've come from a lchf eating and forgot what it was like to feel hunger - but I know after 3 -4 days I'l be in ketosis and it'll get easier.
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:44 AM   #84
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I had a lovely weekend! I painted pottery and learned to Zen Tangle! And I came home with several pounds more than I left with. So, I have hit the reset button and will be good to myself by staying on plan.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:34 AM   #85
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Ooh thanks for the shrimp suggestion, I love them, also scallops but so expensive right now- how do you curry your chicken and prawns, what kind of spices do you add? That would be good too.
On to day 2 and down 0.6 lol, I'm retaining from TOM starting yesterday as well - I was so incredibly hungry last night - I've come from a lchf eating and forgot what it was like to feel hunger - but I know after 3 -4 days I'l be in ketosis and it'll get easier.
When on Stillmans obviously I can't curry meat or prawns exactly how I would like to but I have a few different ready mixed powders that are good. My favourite is a Caribbean curry powder mix. I use chives in place of onions and have experimented with a blob of 0 carb ketchup. I also use that one cal spay (not exactly healthy but legal at least). I'm really big on fresh herbs, even when not on Stills. I can't think of one I'm not keen on. Rosemary can be just as good with chicken as it is with lamb and that's something I also find good whilst on Stills. I do use some dry herbs for convenience at times. I find that Italian seasoning is great when pan fried with small chunks of chicken and chives or even on steak with a little garlic. I'll also throw in fresh chillies if I'm in the mood for them. I use a lot of bay leaves BC I have a 20ft tree in the garden. Love throwing some of those in a chicken soup... You just can't beat fresh herbs! Nutmeg and cinnamon, smoked paprika are things I use often. As is celery salt and garlic powder, though I typically prefer fresh garlic. Probably stuff we all have in our kitchens, I'm no gourmet chef. you'll all have to start calling me the Spice Girl.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-17-2016 at 06:40 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #86
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had to start high fat too! It's worked though I transitioned to stills and it went pretty well. Now I just have to make sure I am eating enough protein... I think it's because of ketosis that I don't feel hungry so I don't eat. I made sure to have 2 chicken breasts for lunch and will keep up the higher protein so hopefully I wil have a bigger loss next week.
Hey Mar! Hoping your loss is bigger next week. I think sometimes our bodies just get smart. Eat too little and it will crank down the metabolism. Especially if you've been on lots of low cal diets in the past like I have.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #87
SuzanneM
Major LCF Poster!
 
SuzanneM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 1,900
Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/135/125
WOE: LC
Thanks MMS for all the spicy suggestions! As a Brit myself living in LA - I've gotten away from curry dishes, as there are no good ones to be had here

Feeling a bit egged out onto day 3 - so will broaden my horizons.
Down 2 lbs total today and Tom is on the way out - got in 72 oz of water yesterday, which I know is crucial to Stills, but is my achilles heel

Hope everyone has a great Sunday
SuzanneM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #88
kerry
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
Gallery: kerry
So four weeks until my holiday so why have I wasted months NOT doing Stillmans. .... ahhhhhh so am gonna give myself a 2 week and then a further 2 week challenge to see if 1, I can actually stick to the plan and 2. Exercise every day I have 4 stone to lose in all is it asking a lot to want to try and lose stone (14 pounds ) in 2-3 weeks I need to set a structured image in My head x
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #89
kerry
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
Gallery: kerry
....and dig out an old pair of tight jeans x
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #90
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Thanks MMS for all the spicy suggestions! As a Brit myself living in LA - I've gotten away from curry dishes, as there are no good ones to be had here

Feeling a bit egged out onto day 3 - so will broaden my horizons.
Down 2 lbs total today and Tom is on the way out - got in 72 oz of water yesterday, which I know is crucial to Stills, but is my achilles heel

Hope everyone has a great Sunday
Oh wow, where in Britain are you from? It's rare to find a fellow Brit here! What... No decent curry in LA?!! No Madras, Phal or Butter chicken?! Geez, I'm in the wrong country... Could make a fortune! I'm not Asian but I love all food types.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.