Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
beachteach84
Junior LCF Member
 
beachteach84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: CT
Posts: 2
Gallery: beachteach84
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Medi 2016?

Is there a thread for 2016?
beachteach84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
kikisnini
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Gallery: kikisnini
I'm wondering that as well... I just restarted and finished week 1... I have questions because the program has seemed to change some I did it a few years ago!
kikisnini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:03 AM   #3
KRene
Senior LCF Member
 
KRene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 84
Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Looks like the few that were here over the last 2 years are not posting.

I did Medi Oct 2014 - summer 2015. I lost about 45 lbs, but the last few months, I have managed to gain about 20 of it back. Several "excuses" holidays, injured my leg and wasn't able to work out much for several weeks, and now just having a hard time getting back into it. I have thought about going back to my clinic, but I think I'm going to try on my own again for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. I felt so good on the plan and now that I have let myself slip, I don't have near the energy, and just overall don't feel well. I ordered some supplements and protein bars from their website and going to get started again today. Summer is coming and I want to be able to wear the clothes I bought and "found" in my closet last year.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
beachteach84
Junior LCF Member
 
beachteach84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: CT
Posts: 2
Gallery: beachteach84
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Round Two

I just rejoined today myself. Day one wasn't too bad, but we will see what the week brings!
beachteach84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #5
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member
 
rachel0923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 218
Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
I haven't posted in a long time! I started 10/2014 and lost 50 lbs by 3/2015. I kept it off until this past November, and I've gained about 12 back. I was embarrassed to go in for my monthly weigh-ins, but know I need it. I've been going weekly again to try to get these extra pounds off! Just today I was talking to them about how the program changed. I did so well before, now they want me to do 500 protein calories and eat three meals and two snacks daily? I told them I usually eat when I'm hungry, not on a schedule, and that is what worked. At 5 small meals daily I'd only get about 100 protein calories per meal, which is hardly anything!
__________________
Rachel
Working mom of 3 (ages 8, 6, 3)
rachel0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #6
KRene
Senior LCF Member
 
KRene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 84
Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
I haven't posted in a long time! I started 10/2014 and lost 50 lbs by 3/2015. I kept it off until this past November, and I've gained about 12 back. I was embarrassed to go in for my monthly weigh-ins, but know I need it. I've been going weekly again to try to get these extra pounds off! Just today I was talking to them about how the program changed. I did so well before, now they want me to do 500 protein calories and eat three meals and two snacks daily? I told them I usually eat when I'm hungry, not on a schedule, and that is what worked. At 5 small meals daily I'd only get about 100 protein calories per meal, which is hardly anything!
Sounds familiar Rachel, what has changed with the program? I just can't believe how well I did and how disciplined I was and here lately seems like all I want to do is eat.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member
 
rachel0923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 218
Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Yes, looking back it seemed so easy when I was losing in acute phase, then somehow maintenance threw me for a loop... I'm not sure if the program changed for all clinics, but mine was recommending that I eat snacks between meals, but I did so well eating three meals daily, I couldn't imagine spreading my calories any thinner across the day.

I think my lapses have led me to be addicted to everything again, and having lost 40 lbs I feel like I give myself too much leeway and validate my bad habits. But I'm not exercising and I'm gaining, weight, so I need to change that mindset! I've been trying to do week 1 over and over and can't seem to make the full week. Today I managed Day 1, so that is something! i just need to make it to bed without raiding the pantry...
__________________
Rachel
Working mom of 3 (ages 8, 6, 3)
rachel0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #8
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
I'm here and just beginning my journey. Would love to connect with others on the meal plan for encouragement and ideas!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #9
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
I started Medi on 3/22/2016. Today was my weekly weigh in and so far I have lost a total of 21.4lbs. I'm very pleased with that. I had a business meeting last week that I had to fly out of state for, was there 4 days and I'm very pleased that not only did I not gain, but I also LOST while at the meeting. I took some food with me from home and stuck to my plan. And it was hard, no lie. But I'm happy with Medi. I love eating LC, no problems with it, I just have problems with portion control and I think I enjoy wine a little too much with my meals and snacking on the weekends. Medi is not cheap and I think putting out some serious cash like this has also helped keep me on the plan. It would be nice to see what others here are doing to make Medi successful for them.
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:57 AM   #10
KRene
Senior LCF Member
 
KRene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 84
Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
Yes, looking back it seemed so easy when I was losing in acute phase, then somehow maintenance threw me for a loop... I'm not sure if the program changed for all clinics, but mine was recommending that I eat snacks between meals, but I did so well eating three meals daily, I couldn't imagine spreading my calories any thinner across the day.

I think my lapses have led me to be addicted to everything again, and having lost 40 lbs I feel like I give myself too much leeway and validate my bad habits. But I'm not exercising and I'm gaining, weight, so I need to change that mindset! I've been trying to do week 1 over and over and can't seem to make the full week. Today I managed Day 1, so that is something! i just need to make it to bed without raiding the pantry...
Wow, Rachel, you sound just like me. I really can't spend the money to go back to the clinic right now. I am going to keep trying on my own, just have to get my mindset right. Working out, definitely helps me. Good Luck!
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #11
betty_going_85
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 166
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 237.4/226.8/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ -3rd restart 11/1/15
I lost 62 pounds the first time I did Medi in 2012. Was extremely happy with the results but never really made it to me goal weight. What I found to be the most discouraging was how quickly the weight came back on once carbs were introduced back into your diet. I've decided after starting over and over and eventually gaining all but 25 of the 62 pounds back that it's too easy gaining the weight. I was gaining 3-5 pounds a weekend whenever I ate like a normal person. I'm not even talking overeating. I basically had to eat damn near nothing just to keep from gaining an ounce. I've since started weightwatchers and believe it or not I'm doing pretty well. I joined 4/2 and started the program on 4/3. I've lost 15.8 pounds as of 4/23. I eat all day long and I'm never hungry and that's without AS, shots or the elimination of whole food groups. Believe me I LOVED medi but I just couldn't maintain and that's what I'm looking for. A program that I can live with the rest of my life and have wine and carbs without the rapid weight gain.

I wish you all the best because Medi really works in getting the weight off but as for being a life long plan it wasn't realistic for me.

Reading the forum also pushed me to trying something else. I didn't see one person that maintained their weight loss. Everybody all seemed to have the same issue that I was having with keeping the weight off. So, good luck to you all and I wish you success in your weight loss journey.
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #12
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member
 
rachel0923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 218
Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
hi Paducah! Good luck your first week!

MSQueen - Amazing! Great job sticking to it on a business trip! i also think the cost helped me stick to it, for some reason I haven't been sticking to it, even though I'm paying again!

Fit2010 - That's great! I'm using a supplement outside of medi to help with my energy level. Sometimes it gets so difficult to put yourself first when there are so many obligations in your life. i know i barely have time to shower during tax season, much less plan, shop for, and prepare meals that are right for me. I think that has been my biggest problem, total lack of planning.

Betty - That's great the WW is working! I also had success on WW, but it was in 2008-2010, when they offered their Core program, which was low carb. I think they still offer something similar, but I actually did WW for a year before starting Medi and only gained :/ I think it helps that i continue to go to my clinic, so I still have my maintenance in mind. if i wasn't accountable and checking in, I would easily have gained a lot more than I have now. I know my triggers and i know what I need to do. I really need to live a mostly carb-free life, I felt so much better without them.

Speaking of carb-free, I've had so many health issues since I moved into the maintenance phases with Medi. I swear that my body cannot handle carbs period, and I didn't realize how bad it was until I eliminated them for a significant period. Even now, being so lax with the plan, I continue to have mouth sores every couple weeks. I know that I do not have them when I stick to the plan, even for only a couple days. You'd think that feeling well would trump my cravings, but apparently not...

I don't have another WI until next week because of work and obligations with the kids, hopefully it will be good. I really need to get consistent with exercise, I think it would help with energy. I haven't been consistent since these health issues hit a peak last April, which is now a year ago. I haven't had a flare that bad since, so shouldn't be so afraid of getting back on the wagon with some fitness...
__________________
Rachel
Working mom of 3 (ages 8, 6, 3)
rachel0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Hi all, So glad to see that there are still some people on here. I'm ready to start my journey, but am scared at the same time. I know it's going to be tough and I need the support from those who've been there!

Any advice for first week? How did you make protein in different ways so you didn't get sick of it?
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #14
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
hi Paducah! Good luck your first week!

MSQueen - Amazing! Great job sticking to it on a business trip! i also think the cost helped me stick to it, for some reason I haven't been sticking to it, even though I'm paying again!

Fit2010 - That's great! I'm using a supplement outside of medi to help with my energy level. Sometimes it gets so difficult to put yourself first when there are so many obligations in your life. i know i barely have time to shower during tax season, much less plan, shop for, and prepare meals that are right for me. I think that has been my biggest problem, total lack of planning.

Betty - That's great the WW is working! I also had success on WW, but it was in 2008-2010, when they offered their Core program, which was low carb. I think they still offer something similar, but I actually did WW for a year before starting Medi and only gained :/ I think it helps that i continue to go to my clinic, so I still have my maintenance in mind. if i wasn't accountable and checking in, I would easily have gained a lot more than I have now. I know my triggers and i know what I need to do. I really need to live a mostly carb-free life, I felt so much better without them.

Speaking of carb-free, I've had so many health issues since I moved into the maintenance phases with Medi. I swear that my body cannot handle carbs period, and I didn't realize how bad it was until I eliminated them for a significant period. Even now, being so lax with the plan, I continue to have mouth sores every couple weeks. I know that I do not have them when I stick to the plan, even for only a couple days. You'd think that feeling well would trump my cravings, but apparently not...

I don't have another WI until next week because of work and obligations with the kids, hopefully it will be good. I really need to get consistent with exercise, I think it would help with energy. I haven't been consistent since these health issues hit a peak last April, which is now a year ago. I haven't had a flare that bad since, so shouldn't be so afraid of getting back on the wagon with some fitness...

Rachel...you can do this! I have read some of your previous posts and you are such an encouragement to others. Don't give up!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #15
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
Hi all, So glad to see that there are still some people on here. I'm ready to start my journey, but am scared at the same time. I know it's going to be tough and I need the support from those who've been there!

Any advice for first week? How did you make protein in different ways so you didn't get sick of it?
For my first week, I cooked in my crockpot, 3 medium size chicken breasts. Cooked them for about 1 hr 45 mins on high with some spicy seasoning (no sugar in the spice mix) and 1/2 c of chicken broth. Once done, I shredded them. Shredded chicken breast to me is not as dry as just straight up chicken breast. I like things hot and spicy so I would add hot sauce to mine (a hot sauce that doesn't have sugar in it). I pretty much ate this for lunch every day. I didn't mind eating it every day, lunch is not my "big" meal. Supper is a different story.

My MWL place also suggested turkey pepperoni and lite cheese sticks. I bought the hormel brand of turkey pepperoni and I like Trader Joe's lite cheese sticks the best. I also bought deli turkey sandwich meat (the lightest plainest ones they had) and ate those too. Also shrimp, very low calorie very low fat but lots of protein and I ate lots of fish like snapper, grouper, etc. as those are lower in calories/fat but much higher in protein. I ate this for supper as well having leaner pork. I have a Publix where I live and they have fish in the frozen cooler next to the meat counter. The serving sizes are about 4 - 5 oz depending on the fish. But that helped with variety.

About a month before I started MWL, I bought a Fitbit Blaze. Their website ("dashboard") lets you enter your food there so you can track what you eat. That helped a LOT. They have a great database of food plus they show calories, fat, protein, carbs, everything. And I used that to track my food and have used that as my log to show what I've been eating. I was never so glad to eat vegetables until the second week!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #16
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
For my first week, I cooked in my crockpot, 3 medium size chicken breasts. Cooked them for about 1 hr 45 mins on high with some spicy seasoning (no sugar in the spice mix) and 1/2 c of chicken broth. Once done, I shredded them. Shredded chicken breast to me is not as dry as just straight up chicken breast. I like things hot and spicy so I would add hot sauce to mine (a hot sauce that doesn't have sugar in it). I pretty much ate this for lunch every day. I didn't mind eating it every day, lunch is not my "big" meal. Supper is a different story.

My MWL place also suggested turkey pepperoni and lite cheese sticks. I bought the hormel brand of turkey pepperoni and I like Trader Joe's lite cheese sticks the best. I also bought deli turkey sandwich meat (the lightest plainest ones they had) and ate those too. Also shrimp, very low calorie very low fat but lots of protein and I ate lots of fish like snapper, grouper, etc. as those are lower in calories/fat but much higher in protein. I ate this for supper as well having leaner pork. I have a Publix where I live and they have fish in the frozen cooler next to the meat counter. The serving sizes are about 4 - 5 oz depending on the fish. But that helped with variety.

About a month before I started MWL, I bought a Fitbit Blaze. Their website ("dashboard") lets you enter your food there so you can track what you eat. That helped a LOT. They have a great database of food plus they show calories, fat, protein, carbs, everything. And I used that to track my food and have used that as my log to show what I've been eating. I was never so glad to eat vegetables until the second week!
Wow..thank you so much for the suggestions. I am starting tomorrow and will definitely use your suggestions! How are you doing on the program?
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #17
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
Wow..thank you so much for the suggestions. I am starting tomorrow and will definitely use your suggestions! How are you doing on the program?
I am doing pretty good. I've lost 21 1/2lbs so far and I started on 3/22 so I've been doing it for a little over month. The first week was super hard but I lost really well the first week (10lbs). I do really well with low carb so it's not hard for me to stick to protein and a veg. My hardest times are at night when I really want to snack. But other than that, I've done really well. I'm trying to think about when I'm done, when I meet my goal and how to transition into keeping the weight off as it seems from reading different posts that's when people have issues. I'm trying to find foods/meals I like now, both at home and out eating, so that when I meet goal, I can just keep doing what I'm doing now. So we'll see how it goes. Good luck!!!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #18
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member
 
rachel0923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 218
Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
I regularly eat turkey pepperoni and pepper jack cheese, just have to be in moderation! During my first months I was very strict, afraid to even attempt eating out... It was a lot of egg whites and chicken. I put hot sauce or salsa on everything. Take advantage of the jello to beat a sugar craving and the pickles to beat salt cravings. My kids love Taco Tuesday, so I have a taco salad for dinner every Tuesday. I made a lot of meals from the Medi website and from this website (especially desserts on here). just make sure to plan, have the right options available at all times!
__________________
Rachel
Working mom of 3 (ages 8, 6, 3)
rachel0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:59 AM   #19
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
I regularly eat turkey pepperoni and pepper jack cheese, just have to be in moderation! During my first months I was very strict, afraid to even attempt eating out... It was a lot of egg whites and chicken. I put hot sauce or salsa on everything. Take advantage of the jello to beat a sugar craving and the pickles to beat salt cravings. My kids love Taco Tuesday, so I have a taco salad for dinner every Tuesday. I made a lot of meals from the Medi website and from this website (especially desserts on here). just make sure to plan, have the right options available at all times!
That's so funny, hot sauce and salsa are my life savers and I put them on everything too! I've gotten lots of good food ideas on pinterest as well, searching low carb low fat. And I agree, planning helps a lot especially having on plan snacks at home in case you need one, to keep you from eating something you shouldn't.
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #20
Fit2010
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,293
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'4" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;1/15=194
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 10-14-2015 @ 202; 4/26/16 171
Hi again Rachel!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #21
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
I regularly eat turkey pepperoni and pepper jack cheese, just have to be in moderation! During my first months I was very strict, afraid to even attempt eating out... It was a lot of egg whites and chicken. I put hot sauce or salsa on everything. Take advantage of the jello to beat a sugar craving and the pickles to beat salt cravings. My kids love Taco Tuesday, so I have a taco salad for dinner every Tuesday. I made a lot of meals from the Medi website and from this website (especially desserts on here). just make sure to plan, have the right options available at all times!
Thanks, Rachel! I appreciate the ideas! How are you doing now?
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #22
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
My two trickiest areas are snacks and lunch. I don't want to get bored or in a rut. What are your favorite snacks What are your favorite items to pack for lunches?
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #23
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member
 
dawnsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 810
Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
hey all, I was a frequent poster past 2 years and just waited till someone got it going again. I have loss 80 lbs but regained 12 lbs with health issues, mainly hormonal issues, I do Weight Watchers now for maintenance and do a combination now of Medi, Ideal Protein, and WW for support. I see a few of you are all back which is nice to see! When I was losing it was a breeze, although I did have myself back in ketosis for about 3 weeks then fell off the wagon when I was dealing with some biopsies, stress related health concerns. My advice to all of you is follow the program it works!
__________________
Just keep working your plan and do what works for you! Dawn

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #24
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
hey all, I was a frequent poster past 2 years and just waited till someone got it going again. I have loss 80 lbs but regained 12 lbs with health issues, mainly hormonal issues, I do Weight Watchers now for maintenance and do a combination now of Medi, Ideal Protein, and WW for support. I see a few of you are all back which is nice to see! When I was losing it was a breeze, although I did have myself back in ketosis for about 3 weeks then fell off the wagon when I was dealing with some biopsies, stress related health concerns. My advice to all of you is follow the program it works!
Hi Dawnsch! Thanks for the post! I went in for a weigh in today at MWL and am up .2lbs. They have this tanita scale that is able to measure body mass, water and fat in your body and she said she could see I had gained water but had actually lost fat since last week and she accurately guessed it is that time of month. It's the first time I've gained since I started and it was a downer. I'm still eating on plan, maybe too many cheese sticks this week but darn it, I'm wishing it was chocolate instead because of that time of month! However, it was kind of reassuring to actually know it is water weight and not fat. I am still in ketosis so that's good. But it's nice to hear from someone who was so successful! Wow, 80lbs! That's amazing! What do you think is key to your keeping it off after you hit your goal?
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #25
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
My two trickiest areas are snacks and lunch. I don't want to get bored or in a rut. What are your favorite snacks What are your favorite items to pack for lunches?
Hey Paducah! How are you doing? have you started yet? be careful with those snacks the first week, I don't remember if I had any or not. During the first few weeks my only snacks were turkey pepperoni and lite cheese sticks. Let us know how you are doing!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #26
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member
 
dawnsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 810
Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Hi Dawnsch! Thanks for the post! I went in for a weigh in today at MWL and am up .2lbs. They have this tanita scale that is able to measure body mass, water and fat in your body and she said she could see I had gained water but had actually lost fat since last week and she accurately guessed it is that time of month. It's the first time I've gained since I started and it was a downer. I'm still eating on plan, maybe too many cheese sticks this week but darn it, I'm wishing it was chocolate instead because of that time of month! However, it was kind of reassuring to actually know it is water weight and not fat. I am still in ketosis so that's good. But it's nice to hear from someone who was so successful! Wow, 80lbs! That's amazing! What do you think is key to your keeping it off after you hit your goal?
well, you can go back to the 2015 thread for the details( I have lots of post there). Really---I walked and walked a lot all the time. Still do but lately struggle in my head being in the game some days. I do think the struggle is real for all of us, losing for me was easy, then you go back to more socially accepted eating is, like at parties, then you slip a little here and there. I weigh in every week, I track every day even if I have a bad day and I try to stay under my carb load daily. Some days are fantastic, some are not. But overall, I am happy with where I am. And if I don't want to gain weight, I drink no soda. if I want to gain weight, eat bad, then I will add soda. Soda even diet is like poison to me! Good luck!!!
__________________
Just keep working your plan and do what works for you! Dawn

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #27
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member
 
dawnsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 810
Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel0923 View Post
Yes, looking back it seemed so easy when I was losing in acute phase, then somehow maintenance threw me for a loop... I'm not sure if the program changed for all clinics, but mine was recommending that I eat snacks between meals, but I did so well eating three meals daily, I couldn't imagine spreading my calories any thinner across the day.

I think my lapses have led me to be addicted to everything again, and having lost 40 lbs I feel like I give myself too much leeway and validate my bad habits. But I'm not exercising and I'm gaining, weight, so I need to change that mindset! I've been trying to do week 1 over and over and can't seem to make the full week. Today I managed Day 1, so that is something! i just need to make it to bed without raiding the pantry...
hey Rachel! hope you are doing well!
__________________
Just keep working your plan and do what works for you! Dawn

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #28
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Hey Paducah! How are you doing? have you started yet? be careful with those snacks the first week, I don't remember if I had any or not. During the first few weeks my only snacks were turkey pepperoni and lite cheese sticks. Let us know how you are doing!
Doing well. First weigh in tomorrow! Turkey pepperoni and cheese have been lifesavers. Thanks for checking on me. Social situations have been a challenge but I've done well.
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #29
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
well, you can go back to the 2015 thread for the details( I have lots of post there). Really---I walked and walked a lot all the time. Still do but lately struggle in my head being in the game some days. I do think the struggle is real for all of us, losing for me was easy, then you go back to more socially accepted eating is, like at parties, then you slip a little here and there. I weigh in every week, I track every day even if I have a bad day and I try to stay under my carb load daily. Some days are fantastic, some are not. But overall, I am happy with where I am. And if I don't want to gain weight, I drink no soda. if I want to gain weight, eat bad, then I will add soda. Soda even diet is like poison to me! Good luck!!!
So good to hear your success story! What an inspiration! Have you added some carbs back in? Do you count them anymore? What a great accomplishment!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #30
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Anyone chime in here😀 how do you handle negative comments, opinions, etc about Medi/how you eat. I'm talking about comments like "you're not eating enough carbs." "You won't keep it off." Sometimes I don't tell people about what I'm doing b/c I don't want to mess with the comments. Curious about other experiences w/ this.
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.