Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2016, 08:39 AM   #31
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsch View Post
well, you can go back to the 2015 thread for the details( I have lots of post there). Really---I walked and walked a lot all the time. Still do but lately struggle in my head being in the game some days. I do think the struggle is real for all of us, losing for me was easy, then you go back to more socially accepted eating is, like at parties, then you slip a little here and there. I weigh in every week, I track every day even if I have a bad day and I try to stay under my carb load daily. Some days are fantastic, some are not. But overall, I am happy with where I am. And if I don't want to gain weight, I drink no soda. if I want to gain weight, eat bad, then I will add soda. Soda even diet is like poison to me! Good luck!!!
Dawn - I am slowly making my way thru the 2015 thread, think I am up to p. 15. You WERE really active on that thread! There was a lot you posted that resonated with me; I've been very strict as well sticking to between 500 - 600 cals per day, mostly around 550. I love to eat "low carb", so I've been in ketosis for a while. I've had 2 big challenges, most recently a 4 day business trip out of state and a funeral this past weekend but I stuck to my guns so to speak and didn't cheat. My hardest time is in the evening when I want to snack. I do only snack on things like cheese sticks or turkey pepperoni or "safe" things like that but they can add up quickly. And I work out too. Before MWL, I went to spin a lot for the past 2 1/2 yrs and hated that I felt like the biggest person in spin class. My spin place closed so I bought an indoor bike and have been doing that with the online Peloton app. That's been fun and challenging. And I walk a lot. I had just bought a Fitbit Blaze before I joined MWL and I work to get my 10,000 steps in every day. That's also starting to be challenging as I live in FL and we are getting into our hot and muggy weather right now so it's hard to find time to walk without sweating to death!

One of the hardest things I'm finding right now is that I consider myself a very "clean" eater, I don't use splenda in anything and I avoid soy. I don't like to eat things with a lot of chemicals. I do not eat/purchase the MWL shakes or bars. I don't eat sugar free jello (too many weird ingredients and it uses splenda) and there are a few things that the people at my MWL recommend that I just don't/won't eat. But I just have to be creative.

But anyway, I am enjoying reading all the posts on the 2015 thread!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #32
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
Anyone chime in here😀 how do you handle negative comments, opinions, etc about Medi/how you eat. I'm talking about comments like "you're not eating enough carbs." "You won't keep it off." Sometimes I don't tell people about what I'm doing b/c I don't want to mess with the comments. Curious about other experiences w/ this.
Hi Paducah! I don't really share with people how or what I'm doing to lose weight. I will tell people I am eating low carb (because I am) and just watching portion size (which I am due to calorie restriction). No one needs to know that I am going to MWL. I think if I ever get close to goal, I might share it then. But really it's no one's business. My husband knows and he was a little critical at first of the AS and how low the daily calories are but he's been very supportive at the same time. He knows it's important to me and that's all that matters!
Old 05-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #33
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
So good to hear your success story! What an inspiration! Have you added some carbs back in? Do you count them anymore? What a great accomplishment!
I track everything, it helps u get back on track when you side rail a bit. If I go back to how I used to eat, I will put iI I also joined WW for the weigh in aspect but still do Medi

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #34
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

also, I really do not eat fruit, only veggies.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #35
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

this just gets easier the longer you do this, if you cheat, then you cheat everything you worked so hard. Stay the course, my advice to any of you is to start thinking what you are going to do for maintenance, this is the challenge, everyone will look at you differently, judge u, make such inappropriate comments like well you will gain it all back. All my set backs or anytime I slipped lately has been related to my overwhelming stress of some medical issues, my mom's declining health and now today my sister has metastatic cancer, I didn't tell anyone what I was doing except I am making a lifestyle change, I would say, yeah, just trying to take care of myself and eating better, Nobodies business, that sets you up for failure and some people especially woman will b nasty to you, just wait!!!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:40 AM   #36
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Hi Dawn! I just finished reading thru the entire 2015 thread. I feel like I know you and Rachel (sorry, not in a stalker-ish kind of way!) and I wish all the people who were regulars on that thread would post here again. Wow, you were such a support to so many people! And I'm so sorry that you've had such negative fall out from such an incredible accomplishment. There was an article I saw out on FB earlier this week about how they followed up with people who had been on Biggest Loser and how they gained weight back because they think your body fights hard to get back to that higher weight before you lost. Reading that was kind of depressing and even more so reinforces that what you were able to accomplish really is amazing.

Going thru the 2015 thread really gave me tons of info. I am in my 6th week and scale hasn't budged all week. I only weigh once in the morning. So last night I went out and bought luncheon meat and will be super strict rest of week like week 1. Not that I haven't been on plan, as I have but I'm going to try and not have any veggies the rest of this week/weekend and see how that goes. And also, my monthly friend is over a week late. I am 47, almost 48 and the baby factory has long been shut down so not sure if it is because I just finished my first month on medi that it has freaked my body out. But I'm irritated that the scale is not moving.

We had lots of storms and rain here yesterday and I almost got my 10K steps in. Today I have a spin class at 10AM that I love to go to so hopefully I can burn off some weight there. And it is cooler (for FL) and much less humid today too, so nice!

Thank you too Dawn because as I read thru your posts I realised that your exercise definitely had an impact on your success and it wasn't crazy exercise, you were just a consistent walker and consistent with moving. None of your photo's showed from 2015 except for the ones you took I think at your anniversary and they were beautiful! And your horse Bud! I have wanted a horse every since I was a little girl but have never had one.

Anyway hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #37
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Hi Dawn! I just finished reading thru the entire 2015 thread. I feel like I know you and Rachel (sorry, not in a stalker-ish kind of way!) and I wish all the people who were regulars on that thread would post here again. Wow, you were such a support to so many people! And I'm so sorry that you've had such negative fall out from such an incredible accomplishment. There was an article I saw out on FB earlier this week about how they followed up with people who had been on Biggest Loser and how they gained weight back because they think your body fights hard to get back to that higher weight before you lost. Reading that was kind of depressing and even more so reinforces that what you were able to accomplish really is amazing.

Going thru the 2015 thread really gave me tons of info. I am in my 6th week and scale hasn't budged all week. I only weigh once in the morning. So last night I went out and bought luncheon meat and will be super strict rest of week like week 1. Not that I haven't been on plan, as I have but I'm going to try and not have any veggies the rest of this week/weekend and see how that goes. And also, my monthly friend is over a week late. I am 47, almost 48 and the baby factory has long been shut down so not sure if it is because I just finished my first month on medi that it has freaked my body out. But I'm irritated that the scale is not moving.

We had lots of storms and rain here yesterday and I almost got my 10K steps in. Today I have a spin class at 10AM that I love to go to so hopefully I can burn off some weight there. And it is cooler (for FL) and much less humid today too, so nice!

Thank you too Dawn because as I read thru your posts I realised that your exercise definitely had an impact on your success and it wasn't crazy exercise, you were just a consistent walker and consistent with moving. None of your photo's showed from 2015 except for the ones you took I think at your anniversary and they were beautiful! And your horse Bud! I have wanted a horse every since I was a little girl but have never had one.

Anyway hope everyone else is doing well!
Hang in there! Don't give up even when the scale doesn't move. Find that non-scale victory. I have decided that this week I'm not going to weigh every morning like I usually do. I'm hopeful this will help break that dependence on the scale. This is about much more than the number on the scale. Proud of you for exercising! That's a non-scale victory right there!

I agree that reading the 2015 posts are so helpful and encouraging. Hope we can get that going here too!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:38 PM   #38
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Hi, all! Hope your week is going well. I just finished week one and lost 12 lbs. It sure is motivating to keep going. Step by step I will get there. I really need to lose 100lbs and have to stay focused.

Life is crazy and stressful right now so starting exercising feels like a chore. Anyone have suggestions for how you started out?

Oh..I've tried the Tuna Creations pack and love the Ranch one. Still trying the others. There's my tip for the week
Old 05-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #39
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Paducah!!! 12lbs is amazing for your first week! I mean you just rocked it right out of the ballpark!

I have such a love/hate relationship with exercise. I have very fair skin and when I work out, within a few minutes I'm super duper beet red and I'm a tremendous head sweater. I think I look like a freak and I hate sweating. Exercise is like a diet; you just got to find the one way of eating that works for you and exercise was like that for me. I was not in sports when I was a kid but I did ride my bike everywhere. When I went to my first spin class, I was looking around for the little puke bags, I thought I was going to be sick! And then a few classes later, I loved it. That was it for me, spin was my THING. And after 2 1/2 yrs, I felt like a serious bad ass at it. Even tho I felt like I was always the biggest person in the room and when I told people that I went to spin 3 to 5 times a week, I felt like they looked at me in shock and thought Yeah right. But it is my thing, I just fell in love with it and I love it still.

You have to try a few things out to find what fits you and what works for you. I got a fitbit blaze at the end of February and I love trying to get my 10K steps, it's easy on the joints and I don't typically sweat too much till I get home. And I'm a numbers kind of person and I LOVE all the data the fitbit gives me! But lots of people love zumba and jazzercise. I hate gyms. what about doing some home work out video's? I did Leslie Sansone for a while, the walk at home video's and I liked those a lot.

Congrats again Paducah! That's a tremendously wonderful first week loss!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #40
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

everyone seems to either love or hate exercising, i just try to make it part of my life. I had weight training tonight and that is a workout, it doesn't seem like u are working out but it's hard!

Old 05-07-2016, 04:52 AM   #41
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! The scale is finally moving again so thanks for the advice of going back to a week 1 way of eating. I don't really like fruit but love veggies so I know it wasn't something like fruit holding me back. But my weigh in with MDL is on Monday. Monday weigh in's keep me honest over the weekend. What day does everyone else weigh in on? do you have a preference/?

We are having such gorgeous weather where I am in FL. Very cool (for us) and very dry (NO HUMIDITY!) that it is just beautiful outside. Last night was amazing. Anyway, happy Saturday peeps!!!
Old 05-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #42
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! The scale is finally moving again so thanks for the advice of going back to a week 1 way of eating. I don't really like fruit but love veggies so I know it wasn't something like fruit holding me back. But my weigh in with MDL is on Monday. Monday weigh in's keep me honest over the weekend. What day does everyone else weigh in on? do you have a preference/?

We are having such gorgeous weather where I am in FL. Very cool (for us) and very dry (NO HUMIDITY!) that it is just beautiful outside. Last night was amazing. Anyway, happy Saturday peeps!!!
Good news! That's an encouraging way to start your weekend! I'm honestly scared to add in veggies this week b/c I don't want to gain.

I haven't established a weekly day for weighing in yet. I drive about 30 min to get to my clinic so I just go whenever I'm available that week. I can totally see where Monday would help with weekend slips.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #43
D_fash
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: D_fash
I'm on week..4. Down 17. Running out of vitamins and $$!
Anyone follow the plan without the shots?
D_fash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:14 AM   #44
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_fash View Post
I don't get the shots. I honestly never felt any difference getting the B12 shots or whatever the free shot is. In the very beginning they gave me 2 of the other shot you have to pay for and I never noticed a difference with those either, except that my hip hurt where they gave it to me. I have a thing with needles (not a fan) and one of the girls at my clinic is not so good giving shots so I just don't get them. It has not slowed me down one bit either. At least I don't think so.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #45
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_fash View Post
Nice job!! I get the shots b/c they were free for 4 weeks. Will not continue after that. Can't tell a difference so it's not worth the $.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #46
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Today was weigh in and I lost 3.4lbs!!! So happy! Last week was a .2lb gain and they said that was water retention so thank you Dawn! happy to report that going back to week 1 and concentrating on eating lean protein this week plus getting back to my usual habit of 10K steps per day seems to have had a positive effect! My older daughter is graduating from college this week which means a road trip as she goes to school out of state. Kinda nervous about my eating options as that will be out of my control. However, I'm going to take some portioned chicken deli meat with me plus lite cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni and some of my favorite protein bars. I don't have a problem saying no to carbs but I feel like I have problems with portion control when it comes to proteins. But anyway, I'm happy for my loss today! Happy Monday everyone!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #47
neverknew
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neverknew
Starting tomorrow!!

You guys are all doing so well. I'm starting tomorrow and have about 90 pounds to lose. I'm nervous about being able to be so restrictive. But I know I can do it. Also, does this diet lower your metabolism? That's not really the direction I want to go. I already have age doing a good job at that. I'm 53.

Thanks in advance for any comments
neverknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #48
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverknew View Post
You guys are all doing so well. I'm starting tomorrow and have about 90 pounds to lose. I'm nervous about being able to be so restrictive. But I know I can do it. Also, does this diet lower your metabolism? That's not really the direction I want to go. I already have age doing a good job at that. I'm 53.

Hi Neverknew! I am 47, soon to be 48 and I think my metabolism is already so slow it runs backwards!

I remember when I went for my first consultation and I was like how the heck can anyone live on 500 calories? but even tho the first week was tough, it gets you into ketosis and once you get thru that week, it gets easier. It is much more positive not to think about what you can't have but what you can have. Not sure where you live but I have a publix and a trader joe's near me and I have been exploring Boar's Head deli meats for chicken and turkey (I like spicy and there is a chipotle chicken with no sugar, very low cal, I think 1 gm of fat and lots of protein) and lite cheese sticks at trader joe's. Trader Joe's also has great deals on frozen fish and frozen shrimp which are all really low calorie, no fat and lots of protein. Publix has a great selection of frozen fish also, like flash frozen fresh fish. And there are tons of pins/recipes of things you can do with chicken and pork which are both lower calorie, low fat and lots of protein. I have been able to successfully eat out at Red Robin and Outback and still lose. Just no carbs (no fries, no free bread loaf and no rice/potatoes) and I have the protein with no bun and steamed broccoli on the side. It is totally doable. I LOVE to cook, I love to even shop for food and I try to have the positive mindset that it's not what I can't eat but how inventive can I get with what I can eat. Plus there are tons of resources on here. I read the entire 2015 thread which gave me lots of ideas plus the sticky pins for things to eat is super helpful also. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #49
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Oh, I would also recommend some exercise, like walking. Something low key, it takes your mind off the food and for me personally it has tremendously helped with my weight loss journey. The first week was rough and walking helped me then too. And during the first week, make sure if you are feeling run down to get your electrolytes in. At my clinic they recommended these Mio electrolyte drops you can add to your water but I found these fizzy electrolyte tables on Amazon called Nuun active hydrating something that were incredibly helpful during that first week or two.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #50
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Today was weigh in and I lost 3.4lbs!!! So happy! Last week was a .2lb gain and they said that was water retention so thank you Dawn! happy to report that going back to week 1 and concentrating on eating lean protein this week plus getting back to my usual habit of 10K steps per day seems to have had a positive effect! My older daughter is graduating from college this week which means a road trip as she goes to school out of state. Kinda nervous about my eating options as that will be out of my control. However, I'm going to take some portioned chicken deli meat with me plus lite cheese sticks, turkey pepperoni and some of my favorite protein bars. I don't have a problem saying no to carbs but I feel like I have problems with portion control when it comes to proteins. But anyway, I'm happy for my loss today! Happy Monday everyone!
Whoo Hoo!! Your persistence paid off! You have a good plan for when you travel. You can do it! Remember how good that weight loss felt this week.

And congrats to your daughter! Exciting times for her!

Last edited by Paducah; 05-09-2016 at 06:38 PM..
Old 05-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #51
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

You can do it! I am in week two and I don't feel deprived. Sure, sometimes I see sweets that other people are eating and want some, but I don't feel deprived. If you knew me, you would know what a miracle that really is!
I have tried many diets/eating plans/lifestyle changes over the years and have had some success, but not long term. I honestly don't feel hungry most of the time. Sure, there are times when I'm starving, but it's not the constant deprived hungry I've felt on other diets. I think ketosis is the key. When they told me at the clinic I wouldn't be hungry or crave stuff while in ketosis I didn't really believe them..but it's true! I'm not yet to a place where I"m bored with what I'm eating so I haven't tried a lot of recipes, but that will come soon. Good luck!

Last edited by Paducah; 05-09-2016 at 06:39 PM..
Old 05-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #52
neverknew
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neverknew
So happy to find this group!

Thank you so much for the suggestions and support. I can tell this group will be important to me as I go through this journey. Being a single mom with 2 teenagers is challenging in itself....then throw in my full time job and my business I'm trying to start to help pay for college plus the MWL program. It can all be overwhelming. But I'm super excited to start. Actually enjoy eating LC and have been off and on gluten free for a while. I believe losing the weight will enhance my life in so many ways, it would be sad to continue on my current path.....

So tomorrow it is!!

Also - really like the suggestion for the fizzy tablets from Amazon...ordering those now.

Karen
neverknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:02 AM   #53
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for the suggestions and support. I can tell this group will be important to me as I go through this journey. Being a single mom with 2 teenagers is challenging in itself....then throw in my full time job and my business I'm trying to start to help pay for college plus the MWL program. It can all be overwhelming. But I'm super excited to start. Actually enjoy eating LC and have been off and on gluten free for a while. I believe losing the weight will enhance my life in so many ways, it would be sad to continue on my current path.....

So tomorrow it is!!

Also - really like the suggestion for the fizzy tablets from Amazon...ordering those now.

Karen
Karen - I got the citrus berry mix by Nuun. I like to think that I'm a relatively "clean" eater and I liked the ingredients in Nuun. I have worked my way back to going to spin and I put one of these tablets in my water bottle when I go and I feel great at spin.

Good luck!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:38 AM   #54
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
IT WORKS

I lost 65lbs, about 10lbs before medi on my own. I just completed the program and just did the breath test. I really feel the breath test gave me the tools to keep the weight off. You can't keep doing the diet without actually completing the program. You'll be on a vicious roller coaster of gaining and losing. By doing their breath test i know the calorie range to stay in, if i go up at all i have another range i can follow to lose. I now get about 1600 calories a day with those calories divided up between carbs, sugar, and protein. I also learned my own metabolism range and what i actually burn in exercise which is way lower than what my fitness app gives me credit for.Ive been doing the increased calories for 2 weeks and am actually down another 3 lbs which was shocking! Keep working at it, but make sure to go complete;y through the program. I didn't get to my original goal, but my fat mass and bmi are in range, and that magic number i pulled out of the sky wasn't my healthy comfortable number. I was told only 25 percent of people actually complete the program with the breath test. And on average only 4 percent of the people who didn't complete it and had drastic weight loss were able to keep it off long term. good luck!!
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #55
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvansambeek View Post
I lost 65lbs, about 10lbs before medi on my own. I just completed the program and just did the breath test. I really feel the breath test gave me the tools to keep the weight off. You can't keep doing the diet without actually completing the program. You'll be on a vicious roller coaster of gaining and losing. By doing their breath test i know the calorie range to stay in, if i go up at all i have another range i can follow to lose. I now get about 1600 calories a day with those calories divided up between carbs, sugar, and protein. I also learned my own metabolism range and what i actually burn in exercise which is way lower than what my fitness app gives me credit for.Ive been doing the increased calories for 2 weeks and am actually down another 3 lbs which was shocking! Keep working at it, but make sure to go complete;y through the program. I didn't get to my original goal, but my fat mass and bmi are in range, and that magic number i pulled out of the sky wasn't my healthy comfortable number. I was told only 25 percent of people actually complete the program with the breath test. And on average only 4 percent of the people who didn't complete it and had drastic weight loss were able to keep it off long term. good luck!!
Hi Bvansambeek! I read the entire 2015 Medi thread and I remember your posts from there! Congratulations on your loss and thanks for giving hope and feedback on your success! 1600 cals a day seems so much! I worry about maintenance after reading Dawn's post and as I lose now, I try to think ahead into the future, what I'm doing now has to be doable then, not just a fix to get to a weight goal. So I'm trying to find foods I enjoy that work now (smaller portion size, leaner proteins, etc) and trying to stop bad habits now (I always want to snack/nibble/graze at night) so that I won't have to stress over them when/if I ever reach goal. I have had a lot of success and to be honest, this is easier for me than WW *ever* was and easier than a lot of other things I tried. I think everyone has to find the right way of eating/plan that works for them, not everything will work for everyone but after the initial shock of only having 500 cals per day, I found that I got thru that and I'm good with it. Having a hard time figuring in travel and family events but I think I have a plan that will work.

But anyway, congratulations on your loss and hitting your goal! I am absolutely in awe and I hope it will be me too!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #56
mecelizabeth
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mecelizabeth
I am close to goal and how does the program work when you reach your goal?
mecelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #57
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Dawn - I am slowly making my way thru the 2015 thread, think I am up to p. 15. You WERE really active on that thread! There was a lot you posted that resonated with me; I've been very strict as well sticking to between 500 - 600 cals per day, mostly around 550. I love to eat "low carb", so I've been in ketosis for a while. I've had 2 big challenges, most recently a 4 day business trip out of state and a funeral this past weekend but I stuck to my guns so to speak and didn't cheat. My hardest time is in the evening when I want to snack. I do only snack on things like cheese sticks or turkey pepperoni or "safe" things like that but they can add up quickly. And I work out too. Before MWL, I went to spin a lot for the past 2 1/2 yrs and hated that I felt like the biggest person in spin class. My spin place closed so I bought an indoor bike and have been doing that with the online Peloton app. That's been fun and challenging. And I walk a lot. I had just bought a Fitbit Blaze before I joined MWL and I work to get my 10,000 steps in every day. That's also starting to be challenging as I live in FL and we are getting into our hot and muggy weather right now so it's hard to find time to walk without sweating to death!

One of the hardest things I'm finding right now is that I consider myself a very "clean" eater, I don't use splenda in anything and I avoid soy. I don't like to eat things with a lot of chemicals. I do not eat/purchase the MWL shakes or bars. I don't eat sugar free jello (too many weird ingredients and it uses splenda) and there are a few things that the people at my MWL recommend that I just don't/won't eat. But I just have to be creative.

But anyway, I am enjoying reading all the posts on the 2015 thread!
I hear ya about the artificial sweetener. Awhile back I eliminated it and have noticed problems since I started Medi with drinking the electrolytes. Do the tablets you ordered from Amazon have any artificial sweeteners in them? I have to stop with the Propel packets I'm drinking!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #58
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I hear ya about the artificial sweetener. Awhile back I eliminated it and have noticed problems since I started Medi with drinking the electrolytes. Do the tablets you ordered from Amazon have any artificial sweeteners in them? I have to stop with the Propel packets I'm drinking!
Hey Paducah! How are you doing??? No, the Nuun tablets do not have artificial sweeteners or sugar. I like their citrus fruit flavor the most but they have boxes of mixed flavors. My clinic suggested these or the Mio drops. I chose these and I LOVE them. I put one in my water when I go to spin and they are great.

I do not use artificial sweeteners but use stevia for the most part. The only thing I really need some sweet for is my morning coffee. It's water for the rest of the day.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:26 AM   #59
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
MSQUEEN68. Travel always scared me, but i always did fine. Kwik trip and gas stations were my go to places for snacks of sausage or nuts. I always made sure to have sandwich meat along.
The extra calories are intimidating but must have been what my body needed. My weight loss slowed in the end, but once i increased my calories and did it with the right calories i lost again.
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #60
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Hi everyone! So glad to see some familiar faces back! There was 100% turnover at my clinic since I started, so my live support system is no longer there. The new employees are fine, just different. I've been so busy with life. Work and kids, neither ever ends! I still go into the clinic at least every 2 weeks for a WI and I try to stop in between then for a shot, it just helps keep my head in the game. I haven't lost anything else, but I haven't been consistent with exercise and I've been eating too much!

Keep up all the great work, I love seeing the week 1 results, they are always amazing! And then keeping at it becomes easy because you see that prize on the scale every week!

Wish I had more time to read and respond personally, but I'm in the middle of running some work reports and wanted to try to check in, so here I am. Keep it up! Don't let others' negativity weigh you down. I didn't even tell anyone I was doing it (except my husband), and my success was my own, not trying to prove something to somebody else. And it is so worth it!