Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #61
neverknew
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neverknew
The journey has started!!

This is my 3rd day and surprisingly I feel really good. It seems like you would feel tired, hungry or weak.....none of that. So I'm excited.

I did add a bit more protein the first day and less the 2nd day but still over. Today I think I can do it within range. The good news is I haven't even had a bite of anything I'm not supposed to.

Going to the bathroom a lot with all the water. LOL

Question: are you guys weighing yourself at home? I feel like I get scale obsessed and then sometimes when I'm doing really well I sabotage myself (for some unknown stupid reason). So I was thinking about not weighing myself until I get weighed at my next appointment. I know seeing the weight loss can keep you motivated but I'm motivated because I paid for the 16 weeks upfront and put off some other financial demands to do this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
neverknew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #62
junebug
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2011
Hi all! Glad to see there is some chatter here again! Hi Rachel and Dawn, happy to see you are still around. I started Medi again yesterday after having been off for a while, I have regained some "fluff around the middle" and need to get back to feeling good. Went shopping to stock up on all the protein - when I am unprepared I fail! So far so good aside from a raging headache, but I know it will pass. I am snacking on jello right now. Tonight is some nice salmon. Happy friday everyone!
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:47 AM   #63
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
Hi Junebug! Nice seeing u back!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #64
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paducah
Hi, All!

Good to see more people joining in on the encouragement here! For those of you who have been on the program..I'd love you to share any tips that worked for you. Sometimes it's the littlest things that we don't think about.

Went shopping yesterday and am planning to try come new meals this week: faux fried rice and grilled shrimp. I'm also trying a buffalo chicken salad for lunches. I'm spicy things up

MSQueen68: I'm doing well. Life has been busy so I've been sticking with the basics. Thanks for checking on me. I will try those tablets...thanks for the suggestion! How did your daughter's graduation go? How did you do with traveling?

Neverknew: I do weigh at home. I have tried not to but it's so hard for me to resist. I find that I can be easily discouraged or encouraged based on the number each day. However, I also don't like surprises, so, weighing in without knowing what it might be bothers me too. I really want to try to go a week without weighing but I just can't seem to do it yet. I need freedom from the scale!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Lisa
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #65
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
Before and present:)

Its my before and after picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.0 KB, 16 views)
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:17 PM   #66
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Hi all! Anyone have a particular day of the week that is harder for them? Every Sunday I struggle. I'm hungry all day (or at least my mind says I am). I want something to treat myself. All day is just a battle! Uggh!!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #67
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Start Date: June 2014
I struggle more at work, too mAny sweets there!

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:15 AM   #68
LowCarb10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarb10
Stats: 171/158.3/140
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: April 29, 2014
Gain this weekend

Hi all! Just joined medi a few weeks ago and have been looking for a forum for support, so happy I found this!

Over the past two years I've lost 22lbs that I've managed to maintain, but I've never gotten over that last hurdle. So I started medi at the lowest weight I've ever started a diet; I've been doing great and as of Saturday morning was down to 143(I'm 5'4" just to share). It's been stressful right now with things at Home but I've managed to keep to plan. This weekend however, what was a special Saturday night dinner turned into a weekend off plan. I got on the scale this morning and was up to 149! Is this possible?!? It's not like I ate half of a cake or something, how could I be up 7lbs in two days? This discourages me because it makes me afraid that once I got maintainence if I ever go off maintenance, even with one drink; I'll gain three pounds that I'll be unable to loose.

I have my snacks and lunch packed for work today, and my water ready to go. If you go off plan, do you follow protein only for 3 days or for 1'week? Any encouragement and advice on how that happened would be appreciated!

Also, woke up feeling like crap today- sugar is a killer?
LowCarb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #69
Bvansambeek
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bvansambeek
Stats: 212/156/150
WOE: media weight loss
Start Date: april 2015
Rachel
Did they ever find a reason for your sores? We just saw a similar case and they were diagnosed with cicatricial pemphigoid. Very rare and treated with IGG. Worth looking into
Bvansambeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #70
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
Hi, All!

MSQueen68: I'm doing well. Life has been busy so I've been sticking with the basics. Thanks for checking on me. I will try those tablets...thanks for the suggestion! How did your daughter's graduation go? How did you do with traveling?

Lisa
Hey Paducah and everyone else! I'm back, got in late last night, long drive. My daughter's graduation went very well. Today, I went to MWL at lunch time and weighed in and I only lost .5lbs for this past week. But it's still better than a gain. I did stick to plan while away on this trip; no carbs at all but for protein was very hard to keep within calories limits as my selection wasn't all that great. I took my deli meat, lite cheese sticks and turkey pepperoni w/me and that helped while on the road but we were in MS in a college town and veggie sides there are considered to be like black eyed peas, butter beans, baked beans, cole slaw and salads. I do not like salad at all, never ever have and it really limited my choices. There was only one place we were at that had baked chicken breast and the other days it was steak. But for celebrating my daughter's graduation, I avoided all sweets and carbs. I did have 2 glasses of wine which I have not had in months. I wasn't able to drink my usual quantity of water either but that's ok, I'm home now and I can get back to my regular eating habits and walking and working out. It was a great trip and a very happy occasion! I was able to quite easily fit in a very pretty new dress and that made me feel really good.

And Paducah/Lisa, I hear ya about Sundays! I'm used to sitting on the couch Sunday afternoon and catching up on all my dvr'd house hunters and snacking away! I try so hard to find something else to do. One of my earlier attempts at WW, we had a GREAT leader and one of the suggestions/things she told us was try to replace a bad habit with a good habit so I try to do something completely different on Sunday afternoons. Trying to find a new hobby, something to occupy me differently at that time on Sundays.

So glad to see some of the regulars posting here recently! Bvansambeek - your before & after pictures are amazing!!! Congratulations again! You and Dawn really give me a lot of hope and positive momentum!

Well here's to a good week everyone! hope we all have success and weight loss this week!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #71
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Hey Paducah and everyone else! I'm back, got in late last night, long drive. My daughter's graduation went very well. Today, I went to MWL at lunch time and weighed in and I only lost .5lbs for this past week. But it's still better than a gain. I did stick to plan while away on this trip; no carbs at all but for protein was very hard to keep within calories limits as my selection wasn't all that great. I took my deli meat, lite cheese sticks and turkey pepperoni w/me and that helped while on the road but we were in MS in a college town and veggie sides there are considered to be like black eyed peas, butter beans, baked beans, cole slaw and salads. I do not like salad at all, never ever have and it really limited my choices. There was only one place we were at that had baked chicken breast and the other days it was steak. But for celebrating my daughter's graduation, I avoided all sweets and carbs. I did have 2 glasses of wine which I have not had in months. I wasn't able to drink my usual quantity of water either but that's ok, I'm home now and I can get back to my regular eating habits and walking and working out. It was a great trip and a very happy occasion! I was able to quite easily fit in a very pretty new dress and that made me feel really good.

And Paducah/Lisa, I hear ya about Sundays! I'm used to sitting on the couch Sunday afternoon and catching up on all my dvr'd house hunters and snacking away! I try so hard to find something else to do. One of my earlier attempts at WW, we had a GREAT leader and one of the suggestions/things she told us was try to replace a bad habit with a good habit so I try to do something completely different on Sunday afternoons. Trying to find a new hobby, something to occupy me differently at that time on Sundays.

So glad to see some of the regulars posting here recently! Bvansambeek - your before & after pictures are amazing!!! Congratulations again! You and Dawn really give me a lot of hope and positive momentum!

Well here's to a good week everyone! hope we all have success and weight loss this week!
So glad you had a good trip and the graduation weekend was a success! You lost and that's celebration when you travel! Appreciate the Sunday suggestion...I just need to figure out what that replacement habit is

It's rainy and cold here today...perfect day to sleep in, but had to get up for work. I did well on eating, though, even though comfort food is perfect for a day like today.

My next goal is exercise. I haven't really gotten into a routine with that yet. Food first, then exercise. Now that I've gotten the food down, I'll move on to exercise!

Have a great Monday!
Old 05-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #72
junebug
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2011
Hola all! I will have completed week 1 (of my second MWL tour) on thursday and I peeked at the scale and I have lost 7 lbs (yay!). I know week one is a lot of water but I will take it! For those who were asking about meal ideas, when I did MWL last summer I lost just under 30 lbs and had a loss every week - I keep a lot of GOOD QUALITY deli mean on hand and I weigh it on a food scale to make sure my calories are in check. This was my go to lunch. Quick roll ups dipped in plain yellow mustard. My center also allowed cottage cheese (I know not all do in week 1), so I liked that for breakfast along with black coffee. On weekends I have eggs or smoked salmon. For dinner, usually a pork chop or chicken under the broiler. Snacks if I must, or if I am feeling a craving I have a pickle or SF jello depending on what mood I am in. Lots of water, seltzer w/lemon, tea, coffee, iced tea (all unsweetened). Weeks when I didn't hydrate i didn't have as nice a loss. I am not big into working out, but, days when I take my dog for a nice long walk in the morning I seems to do better - i think the walk energizes me and then I feel good, and as a result make better meal choices. After week one when some veggies are allowed I like to have celery sticks with a laughing cow wedge for snacks or even for lunch along with my deli roll ups if I need some "crunch". Hope these tips help. I keep things pretty simple, and don't do many "fake" alternative meals. And I pay close attention to my calories. Measuring and weighing really makes a difference, even as a vet it keeps me honest
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #73
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Major craving for ice cream...any solutions??
Old 05-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #74
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Go on Pinterest! Do you have a blender like a vitamix or a ninja? You can make a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, protein smoothie mix and if your almond milk is cold and you put handfuls of ice in there, my vitamix will turn it thick like a frostie or like soft serve ice cream. But go on pinterest and search low fat no sugar ice cream recipes. You might find some ideas or some ideas for chasing that craving away. I like to mix plain, no fat greek yogurt with cocoa powder and stevia to give me a feeling like pudding or just chocolatey sweet. Recently I bought Jif peanut powder (it's defatted and is in my grocery store), used 3 tablespoons off that with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk and some stevia and it was like eating a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter! But seriously go search pinterest for some ideas. I hope that helps!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #75
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
And did you look at the sticky thread for dessert ideas under our Medi Weightloss section? there are some good ideas there for some different dessert ideas.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #76
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Paducah - how did you make out?

It's been a long week here. Glad it is Friday. Even tho this was a short week for me, it has lasted FOREVER. The weekend will be gone in a flash. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #77
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone! Been very quiet here on this thread for the last week. Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready to enjoy a nice long weekend. Things are still plugging along for me on MDL, still losing. A new spin place opened up recently near me and I've been enjoying their free classes so a lot more exercise this week than I've had in a while. Plus my husband and I found a new trail not too far from home and I'm hoping on Monday we can take a long walk early in the morning before it gets too hot and sticky. But other than that, not much new to report. I hope to hear from some of our "regulars" to see how everyone is doing! Have a safe happy weekend everyone!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #78
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Hi, all! I have been so busy lately and not made time to get on here. But, boy have I needed it! I've missed checking in and hearing how others are doing.

As far as my ice cream craving I tried the Carb Watch by Bryers. It's really good...but I'll be darned if everytime I eat it I gt out of ketosis! So in the trash it goes. I stick to the serving size but something about it messes me up.

I've had a hard time getting back into ketosis and staying in ketosis. Any tips?

I also gained with water weight last week. That was really disappointing! Since then I've had a hard time staying encouraged. I just want to get this weight off and don't want slip ups. (even though I know it's part of the journey)

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #79
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Hi Paducah! So glad to hear from you!!! Glad you are making out ok!

I haven't checked in a while if I am in ketosis or not. I'm losing, which is great, but since I'm losing, I haven't been checking the keto sticks.

And I only seem to gain/hold water weight when it is that time of the month. Where I live it is VERY hot and VERY humid and I sweat at the drop of a hat so I don't really hold onto water very easily. However, in the past if I felt like I was holding water, I would drink even more water. LONG time ago, when I was pregnant with my daughters, I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia really bad and was very very swollen with water weight and they would tell me to drink drink drink, that water flushes water out. Nothing except delivery fixed my toxemia so not sure about the water advice. Only other thing I can think of is what about your salt intake? I eat a lot of turkey/chicken deli meat and turkey pepperoni and they have a lot of salt. Is there anything you're eating that has a lot of sodium?

I'm so glad to see your post! It's been super duper quiet on here lately!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #80
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I also gained with water weight last week. That was really disappointing! Since then I've had a hard time staying encouraged. I just want to get this weight off and don't want slip ups. (even though I know it's part of the journey)
You know, I thought about this more after I wrote back. The one time I've gained while doing MDL, it was water weight and I think it was either .4 or .6lbs. It was right when it was *supposed* to be that time of the month. I ended up being 3 weeks late. I did a lot of reading on the web and this happens to a lot of people on low carb diets. What I read said that when you are on a low carb diet and you start burning fat, estrogen is also stored in fat so when you burn the fat, you release estrogen and it can play havoc with your homones/time of the month and subsequently water weight. After that small gain, I ended up losing big the following week so hang in there!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #81
xdeena
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: xdeena
I'm trying medi out again on my own this time. I joined in 2014 and have lo a total of 60 lbs. and have been doing well maintaining. I still cannot lose this last 15-20, I've tried weight watchers and using apps like tracker sites but I do not see the scale moving! Since medi I have signed up for the gym and try to work out 2-4 times a week. I was thinking about skipping the first week and not depriving myself from carbs, fruits, and veggies but I'm not sure if this will work. Thoughts anyone??
xdeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #82
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You know, I thought about this more after I wrote back. The one time I've gained while doing MDL, it was water weight and I think it was either .4 or .6lbs. It was right when it was *supposed* to be that time of the month. I ended up being 3 weeks late. I did a lot of reading on the web and this happens to a lot of people on low carb diets. What I read said that when you are on a low carb diet and you start burning fat, estrogen is also stored in fat so when you burn the fat, you release estrogen and it can play havoc with your homones/time of the month and subsequently water weight. After that small gain, I ended up losing big the following week so hang in there!
Thanks for your encouragement! Had a good loss after the gain, so that made me feel better. How are you doing? Tried anything new to eat? Im struggling to get my water in some days. I just get sick of it, so that's my new goal!
Old 06-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #83
Paducah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeena View Post
I'm trying medi out again on my own this time. I joined in 2014 and have lo a total of 60 lbs. and have been doing well maintaining. I still cannot lose this last 15-20, I've tried weight watchers and using apps like tracker sites but I do not see the scale moving! Since medi I have signed up for the gym and try to work out 2-4 times a week. I was thinking about skipping the first week and not depriving myself from carbs, fruits, and veggies but I'm not sure if this will work. Thoughts anyone??
I'm no expert, but I wouldn't skip week one. That first week sets your body in motion to loose and helps cut the craving/hunger quickly. Those are my 2 cents! What was a tip you can share that helped you lose the 60 lbs? Impressive loss...you should feel proud of yourself!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #84
rachel0923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel0923
Stats: 5'5"/200/159/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 09/17/2014
Sorry I fell off the face of the earth again. Life, I swear.

xdeena - I would not skip week 1, that is the week that really breaks the cravings and ramps up your weight loss.

Not much to report here. I'm not doing great with the plan, it seems like there is always an excuse to go off. But I'm slowly getting back to my original goal of 149. of course, my husband and I are going on a cruise next week, so I will probably be back at square 1 after that!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #85
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

It's been a long time since anyone posted, hope everyone is doing well. Today was my weigh in and I've been sticking at it and I've lost 41.1lbs since March 22. I'm feeling pretty good and getting so much closer to my goal than I ever thought it would. I've really been trying to live/eat on this plan just like how I plan on doing it once I hit my goal. I want this to be "livable" and very doable. I eat more calories than my daily limit but I work out a LOT doing spin, walking, weights and whatever else I feel like but I try to do something every single day. I eat a lot of lean protein but there are days I have steak. No carbs or as low as I can (my carbs mainly come from veggies and a little bit of dairy). But anyway, I hope everyone is doing great and feeling well!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #86
Born To Lose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Born To Lose
Stats: 308/238/200
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: April 27, 2016
Quote:
It's been a long time since anyone posted, hope everyone is doing well. Today was my weigh in and I've been sticking at it and I've lost 41.1lbs since March 22. I'm feeling pretty good and getting so much closer to my goal than I ever thought it would. I've really been trying to live/eat on this plan just like how I plan on doing it once I hit my goal. I want this to be "livable" and very doable. I eat more calories than my daily limit but I work out a LOT doing spin, walking, weights and whatever else I feel like but I try to do something every single day. I eat a lot of lean protein but there are days I have steak. No carbs or as low as I can (my carbs mainly come from veggies and a little bit of dairy). But anyway, I hope everyone is doing great and feeling well!
Good show! Keep up the great work!
Born To Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:27 AM   #87
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamamia9
A Newbie!

So I've been reading the posts here without a proper introduction. I've been on the plan for 2 weeks now, and tomorrow is the beginning of week 3. On week 1, I've lost 5.5 lbs, and last week only 2.5. They kept telling me that I'm doing great but It seems I could do better consider I haven't cheated at all! Reading all your stories give me so much strength and hope that I could do this!!
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #88
Tabbysouthernbelle
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 173.7/160.5/130
Start Date: August 24, 2016
I am right behind you Mamamia. Wednesday makes two weeks for me. I lost 5.6 lbs the first week. I am doing this on my own, as the clinic near me closed.
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #89
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamamia9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbysouthernbelle View Post
I am right behind you Mamamia. Wednesday makes two weeks for me. I lost 5.6 lbs the first week. I am doing this on my own, as the clinic near me closed.
Yay Tabbysouthernbelle!! Finally someone comes in! I've been so lonely here..lol..Since the post above, It's already been 6 weeks for me!!! I'm already starting week 7 and it's almost to the end of it. I have to say, things have not been easy for me. However, I can't believe I haven't cheated even once and still sticking to it like glue!! To me, It has been a journey to find out what works for my body since I was at a lost before I joined Medi. Whatever worked for me before, didn't for the past 5 years. I'm slowly discovered a few things about my body that surprised me very much. So this week has been the best for me with a big drop, content with the process and accepting the change. Drum roll pleaseee: At 4 weeks weigh-in I've lost 10 inches total!

Week 1: -5.5
week 2: -2.5
week 3:-1.0
week 4:-1.0
week 5:-1.5
Total so far: -11.5
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:12 AM   #90
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member

I did it - GOAL

Well, it's been a while since I posted but I started this journey on March 22, 2016 and yesterday, I hit my goal. I've lost 50lbs! During all this time, I had ONE week where I gained .2lbs but other than that, I lost every week. I can also say that I did not cheat. I kept it low carb, mainly lean protein with a 1 - 2 times a week steak thrown in. Kept it very low carb, no sweets and no chips. I love a bag of potato chips and that was hard. I think for me the thing that helped the most was exercise. I bought a fitbit on 2/29/2016 and that has really pushed me. I do go to spin 1 - 3 times a week but I walk a lot. And I bought a rebounder/sports trampoline and I love it.

I eat much smaller portions than I used to before and I do not snack thru out the day. I try to realise that if I am finding myself hungry more than usual or snacking more than usual, what is it that is making me snack? Am I thirsty, am I tired, am I upset/stressed about something? I try to figure out why I feel like I am feeding my head and not my mouth and address it. Sometimes I distract myself with a walk, with a hot bath or working out in some way.

But whatever, it has worked. 50lbs gone!!!! However, I am really worried about gaining back. Of all the times I've tried to lose weight thru out my life, I have never EVER met a weight goal. This is all new territory for me. Throughout this journey with medi and as I've established new ways of eating, I kept thinking to myself, could I eat like this forever? is this doable, is this realistic and tried to find things to eat and ways to eat that I was happy with, that satisfied me. And it has all worked in theory. I feel that when I am accountable to someone, i.e. having to pay a good deal of $$ and knowing every week that no matter what I put in my mouth, Monday was coming (that has been my weigh in day) and I'd have to be accountable for what I was eating. I think the accountability is a big deal for me mentally and I'm worried without that, that I'll start falling off the wagon. So if anyone out there has any suggestions/things that worked for them, please do share!

And good luck to everyone out there. It is hard and for me, it is waaaaay more mental than anything else. Yeah!!!