Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #91
Tabbysouthernbelle
Junior LCF Member
 
Tabbysouthernbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 11
Stats: 173.7/160.5/130
Start Date: August 24, 2016
Way to go Mamamia and MsQueen! I have been sticking to it for three weeks and am down 10.3 pounds. My schedule has been crazy so far (I am in nursing school) and have not been exercising. So my goal for this week is to jog/walk at least three times. I am starting off slow, as it has been forever since I have exercised. Yesterday I did one mile. Good luck to all of us!
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #92
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Mamamia9
[QUOTE=Tabbysouthernbelle;17519334]Way to go Mamamia and MsQueen! I have been sticking to it for three weeks and am down 10.3 pounds. My schedule has been crazy so far (I am in nursing school) and have not been exercising. So my goal for this week is to jog/walk at least three times. I am starting off slow, as it has been forever since I have exercised. Yesterday I did one mile. Good luck to all of us![/QUOTE

Awesome job Msqueen and Tabby MsQueen, I constantly go through these questions in my head as well!! It is a mental game to me more than anything else. What frustrated me was the fact that weight loss has never been easy for me. I've always eating clean and do everything 'right' but It's never fast enough or good enough. Until week 7 of this journey that I had a break through mentally. I feel more at peace, and accepting this way of eating. My body can only tolerate very little carbs (under 20g) a day, I haven't yet touch any fruits, nuts, or that much cheese. Even so, my loss has been 1-2 pounds a week. But I appreciate this so much!! At least I'm losing. This week I've reach the goal weight of where I was 2 years ago. I'm half way done with my goal and maintenance from there. So I don't have any good advice yet. I'd love to hear your story, tips, goals, etc so much because it inspires me to keep it going!!
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #93
Tabbysouthernbelle
Junior LCF Member
 
Tabbysouthernbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 11
Stats: 173.7/160.5/130
Start Date: August 24, 2016
Half way in seven weeks sounds amazing! Congrats! I had a long day, but I am proud to say I managed to stay on track. I ran by goodwill and got a couple pair of jeans to get me through the next size down!
Tabbysouthernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #94
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Mamamia9
So I had a big slip yesterday for the first time in 2 months!! I've not had that much appetite lately so I've decided to get off the appetite depressant for one day to see if I could eat better. Wrong!!! We went out to a circus show, and I was soooo hungry I ate one slice of pizza there (right after a protein drink). It didn't stop there, I shared a few French fries with the kids and didn't have dinner. Even though the calories wasn't much, the carbs were still under 30g total but the damage was so much. I stepped on my scale this morning at 1.4 pounds up!! Lesson learned.. So my plan for today is to only do protein, hitt cardio with lots of water. I really hope my body didn't get kick out of ketosis...
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #95
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Hi Mama & Tabby! Congrats on the losses and Mama, don't beat yourself up. get back on the plan, you know it works. That fast weight gain might be water weight due to the carbs. Just have a few days where you strictly eat ONLY lean protein and see how it goes.

I would highly recommend going back and reading thru the 2015 thread. There are a TON of suggestions on there from other people who were successful at losing the weight, what they ate and how they did it. It really helped me out a lot when I first started on Medi. One of the biggest helps I read was to buy fresh deli meat like chicken and turkey and eat that. I would typically eat about 5oz for lunch and sometimes I'd have either cauliflower or broccoli with it. I am not a big fruit eater so I'm not drawn to that and I hate salad! I have never EVER liked salad so dieting has always been hard for me as that always seemed to be such a big part of so many diets. There are lots of veggies I do like and most of them are lower carb veggies so that works out good. And I am not a smoothie person either, something about the texture, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Mamamia - you sound a bit like me, inasmuch as I consider myself to be a clean eater. When I've done WW in the past, I felt like they had way too much frankenfoods they relied on and even with Medi, I did not do their shots and did not do any of their products like their shakes or bars. Medi was low carb which I've always done well with. Medi worried me some in the beginning with the very low calorie count and lean proteins but I did pretty well on it. I will be honest, I did have a small steak once or twice a week so I upped my calorie count occasionally but I never cheated and never had carbs. Going thru carb flu/withdrawal in the beginning is so painful that I did not want to cheat on carbs and have to go thru that again! And I kept thinking thru the whole thing that I wanted to make this a doable diet, way of life. Whatever I was eating/doing on Medi, I wanted it to be something I could do every day for the rest of my life. My only problem is that I still tend to snack at night, even if it is on turkey pepperoni and turkey sticks or low fat cheese or whatever. I need to find a way to stop that bad habit!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #96
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Just got out of my second weigh in. I lost another 6lbs to bring my total loss to 16lbs in 2 weeks!!!! Plus they said I gained back the half pound of muscle I had lost last week. I'm amazed at the results so far. Obviously it's no surprise that if you starve yourself you'll lose weight but going into this I was thinking that this diet would destroy all my muscle and leave me skinny fat. However so far I've been able to maintain the level of intensity of my work outs which means I'm maintaining muscle. I'm really happy with these results and I'm pretty sold now on staying on the program until I each my goal weight.

My diet the first week was only the protein. Last week they added fats and veggies. They told me this week that I could have 3 servings of fruit per week. My daily calories with veggies and fats is 1270ish. Adding a fruit will bring this around 1330 on the days I have the fruit. This number still seems ridiculously low but with the results I've gotten I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #97
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Just got out of my second weigh in. I lost another 6lbs to bring my total loss to 16lbs in 2 weeks!!!! Plus they said I gained back the half pound of muscle I had lost last week. I'm amazed at the results so far. Obviously it's no surprise that if you starve yourself you'll lose weight but going into this I was thinking that this diet would destroy all my muscle and leave me skinny fat. However so far I've been able to maintain the level of intensity of my work outs which means I'm maintaining muscle. I'm really happy with these results and I'm pretty sold now on staying on the program until I each my goal weight.

My diet the first week was only the protein. Last week they added fats and veggies. They told me this week that I could have 3 servings of fruit per week. My daily calories with veggies and fats is 1270ish. Adding a fruit will bring this around 1330 on the days I have the fruit. This number still seems ridiculously low but with the results I've gotten I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Hi Nightmare! wow, it must be because you are a guy they are giving you so much more calories per week (they limited me to 600 per week in the beginning) and all the other extra's! My first week I lost 10lbs. My second week I lost 3.2 lbs. I was really happy too that I did not lose muscle, I lost fat and I lost it at my waist/belly which ideally is where I needed to lose it most. I noticed too that on weeks I hit exercise hard, doing both cardio and some weights (I just never was into strength training although I know I should be) that my weight loss would be mostly fat. When I would lose, it would be a toss up with how much fat vs. water I was losing but not really muscle. But congrats on your losses! It's funny too, for my second week they let me have veggies and I was never so happy to see cauliflower and broccoli!!! I'm not a big fruit eater so that's ok. Congratulations on your losses!!!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:59 AM   #98
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Well, it's been a while since I posted but I started this journey on March 22, 2016 and yesterday, I hit my goal. I've lost 50lbs! During all this time, I had ONE week where I gained .2lbs but other than that, I lost every week. I can also say that I did not cheat. I kept it low carb, mainly lean protein with a 1 - 2 times a week steak thrown in. Kept it very low carb, no sweets and no chips. I love a bag of potato chips and that was hard. I think for me the thing that helped the most was exercise. I bought a fitbit on 2/29/2016 and that has really pushed me. I do go to spin 1 - 3 times a week but I walk a lot. And I bought a rebounder/sports trampoline and I love it.

I eat much smaller portions than I used to before and I do not snack thru out the day. I try to realise that if I am finding myself hungry more than usual or snacking more than usual, what is it that is making me snack? Am I thirsty, am I tired, am I upset/stressed about something? I try to figure out why I feel like I am feeding my head and not my mouth and address it. Sometimes I distract myself with a walk, with a hot bath or working out in some way.

But whatever, it has worked. 50lbs gone!!!! However, I am really worried about gaining back. Of all the times I've tried to lose weight thru out my life, I have never EVER met a weight goal. This is all new territory for me. Throughout this journey with medi and as I've established new ways of eating, I kept thinking to myself, could I eat like this forever? is this doable, is this realistic and tried to find things to eat and ways to eat that I was happy with, that satisfied me. And it has all worked in theory. I feel that when I am accountable to someone, i.e. having to pay a good deal of $$ and knowing every week that no matter what I put in my mouth, Monday was coming (that has been my weigh in day) and I'd have to be accountable for what I was eating. I think the accountability is a big deal for me mentally and I'm worried without that, that I'll start falling off the wagon. So if anyone out there has any suggestions/things that worked for them, please do share!

And good luck to everyone out there. It is hard and for me, it is waaaaay more mental than anything else. Yeah!!!
Awesome job!! 50 lbs is awesome! What an accomplishment. You can do the maintenance and you will keep it off. It's mental and a life change...remember how good this feels.
Yesterday I had my weekly visit and hit 49 lbs...cannot wait to get to that 50 lb mark.
I would love to hear what Medi maintenance is like. Are you working with the clinic during maintenance? I still have a ways to go, but am going to get there!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #99
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
Awesome job!! 50 lbs is awesome! What an accomplishment. You can do the maintenance and you will keep it off. It's mental and a life change...remember how good this feels.
Yesterday I had my weekly visit and hit 49 lbs...cannot wait to get to that 50 lb mark.
I would love to hear what Medi maintenance is like. Are you working with the clinic during maintenance? I still have a ways to go, but am going to get there!
Hi Paducah! I've been wondering how you were! Hitting the 50lbs mark was an amazing feeling. I really didn't think I would hit it but I did. And it is a whole new world weight-wise. I am wearing sizes I have never worn before, at least not since maybe high school. I weigh less than when my husband met me and less than when we got married. It truly is a whole new world.

I have did not do maintenance. Doing medi was not cheap for me. It was well worth it because it worked but it was not cheap. I chose not to do maintenance for those financial reasons and my clinic really didn't push maintenance or even talk about it that much. I am trying to eat like I did while doing medi; I thought about that the whole time that it needs to be sustainable, what I was doing to lose weight. However, weighing in every week was a huge accountability thing for me and knowing that someone was going to be checking my weight every week really kept me in line. So last week and this week have been a real adjustment for me. But congrats Paducah! hopefully you'll hit that 50lb mark on your next weigh in!!!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:52 PM   #100
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Hey MSQueen, hows the maintenance going? I was wondering what your strategy to reintroduce carbs was?
I always like to think ahead lol and I was thinking when I finally hit my goal weight I'll still be in the no carb phase. I'm assuming that the maintenance phase involves carbs in some way. Carbs add weight; water weight, but still weight nonetheless. So what would I have to do to maintain my goal weight? My thinking was I would have two options:
Option A: I would have to get to a weight under my goal weight so that the carb weight brings me back up to my goal.
Option B: I would have to lose weight (ideally from fat) at a rate equal to the rate the carbs add weight back.
To me option A seems pretty straight forward, but estimating how much water weight will actually come back can be difficult. Also there is the question of how long would it take to get to a point below my goal weight where the water weight would put me back to my goal.
To me option B seems difficult because the carbs not only add weight but end ketosis. This would make it extremely difficult to lose fat at all, let alone at a rate that would match the rate water adds weight. In theory it could work though if done slowly assuming the carbs and other calories that are added back in do not surpass the body's basal metabolic rate.
How long either of these processes would take is really the key between deciding between the two options for me. I'm curious how you went about transitioning into maintenance?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #101
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Hey MSQueen, hows the maintenance going? I was wondering what your strategy to reintroduce carbs was?
I always like to think ahead lol and I was thinking when I finally hit my goal weight I'll still be in the no carb phase. I'm assuming that the maintenance phase involves carbs in some way. Carbs add weight; water weight, but still weight nonetheless. So what would I have to do to maintain my goal weight? My thinking was I would have two options:
Option A: I would have to get to a weight under my goal weight so that the carb weight brings me back up to my goal.
Option B: I would have to lose weight (ideally from fat) at a rate equal to the rate the carbs add weight back.
To me option A seems pretty straight forward, but estimating how much water weight will actually come back can be difficult. Also there is the question of how long would it take to get to a point below my goal weight where the water weight would put me back to my goal.
To me option B seems difficult because the carbs not only add weight but end ketosis. This would make it extremely difficult to lose fat at all, let alone at a rate that would match the rate water adds weight. In theory it could work though if done slowly assuming the carbs and other calories that are added back in do not surpass the body's basal metabolic rate.
How long either of these processes would take is really the key between deciding between the two options for me. I'm curious how you went about transitioning into maintenance?
Good morning Nightmare! Maintenance has been interesting. I chose not to go to Medi for maintenance. At my last visit, they didn't tell me that much about maintenance and it just didn't seem worth it to me. At least not worth their cost which isn't cheap. They told me there was this test they would do to see how many calories my body was burning so then they could determine what my daily intake should be and then maintenance would be gradually adding carbs back in to see how much I could handle on a daily basis. And to be honest, I don't need/want to add carbs back. I don't miss bread, don't miss pasta, don't really miss any of it. I don't have a sweet tooth so I don't miss desserts. My biggest problem since hitting goal is figuring out how many calories I can handle a day without gaining. I am eating low carb, very low carb and fine with it. I eat lean protein at lunch and sometimes I have a veggie with it. For supper, I either eat a lean meat or something fattier, like a steak which I love. And a veggie. I like a small dessert after supper. I make this thing that uses 3 tbsp of defatted peanut powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk and some stevia and I add in abt 1 1/2 tbsp of stevia-sweetened choc chips. None of this has hardly any carbs (8 net) and is about 130 cals. I eat a snack mid/late afternoon like turkey pepperoni but at night even after dessert, I am so used to watching some tv and eating some snacks. Too many snacks. And apparently even after losing this weight, I still can't have any alcohol/wine. That adds weight on for me like NOTHING else. So that's ok, I just need to make adjustments and find what works for me now. I want to find something that I am happy with and can live with and I can.

And I ordered a new scale that will measure muscle weight vs fat vs water kinda like what they used at Medi. I ordered it from amazon and it comes today so I think that will help me too to figure out what is working so I don't lost muscle vs fat and I can watch water go up and down and not get discouraged.

So I guess I am still figuring out maintenance. I think for me personally, smaller portions and leaner proteins more often are key and that old bad habits from before my weight loss I still need to figure out (evening snacking).
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #102
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
How's your weight been on maintenance? When I hit maintenance I really want to add back in carbs because they will make my muscles look fuller lol and give me more energy to workout with. Not drinking sucks, especially when my friends are eating and drinking and I can't partake. In those instances I reach for something else that has no calories but is only legal in cali and colorado if you get my drift. Anyways, best of luck on the maintenance and keep checking in, I'll try to keep you accountable lol. My next check in is tomorrow at medi, I'm expecting 4 more lbs gone but I have my fingers crossed for more.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #103
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
My last check in was on Wednesday. I lost another 4 lbs like I had predicted bringing my total loss to 20 lbs. I'm at 238 now. I'm happy with the results but according to their machine I lost half a pound of muscle. My workouts are becoming very difficult to complete and I've had to reduce them in some aspects, partially because of time constraints too tho. It's certainly not the end of the world but it's something worth keeping an eye on nonetheless. Seems kinda odd it was the exact same amount, makes me wonder if it's a machine issue. Anyways good luck to all!!!!!!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #104
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
My last check in was on Wednesday. I lost another 4 lbs like I had predicted bringing my total loss to 20 lbs. I'm at 238 now. I'm happy with the results but according to their machine I lost half a pound of muscle. My workouts are becoming very difficult to complete and I've had to reduce them in some aspects, partially because of time constraints too tho. It's certainly not the end of the world but it's something worth keeping an eye on nonetheless. Seems kinda odd it was the exact same amount, makes me wonder if it's a machine issue. Anyways good luck to all!!!!!!!

Great job Nightmare! I have been doing spin for a long time and before Medi, I was going 3 - 4 times a week. Once I started Medi, with the reduced calories and greatly reduced carbs, spin was HARD. I had been doing it for a while so I was no newbie at it and I knew how much/hard I could push myself and all of a sudden, it was seriously HARD. But my body did adjust and eventually I got back up to my previous cardio endurance/heart rate levels. Your body has to adjust from burning carbs for fuel to protein/fat for fuel. Just keep your protein numbers up and your body will adjust! Congrats on another good loss!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:09 AM   #105
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Just did my check in this morning, i lost another 3.5 lbs which was cool. Also I'm really close to fitting in an xl t shirt size again which is really exciting.

I passed a big will power test tonight too, i went to a baseball game and didn't cheat on the diet. It was so tempting too all the food around me I could smell it in the air from it being cooked and from people eating near me. It was tough but I did it which was awesome but I feel so hungry now. I know it's just in my head though.

Im curious how much I will lose per week as the amount lost has decreased every week (10-6-4-3.5). If it keeps decreasing i may have to up my activity level which means adding in some cardio which I really don't like to do.

How much do/did you guys lose per week overall? Also how much slower is/was it towards the end?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #106
KRene
Senior LCF Member
 
KRene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SC
Posts: 84
Gallery: KRene
Stats: 182.2/182.2/150 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/04/2016
Back to clinic?

Hi all! Well, I have managed to gain about 1/2 of my weight back and am so disappointed in myself. I've tried restarting on my own, bit can't seem to stick with it. I did so well when I was on the program and going to the clinic weekly. I am thinking about going back, hesitating because of the restart cost. I called and since its been over a year, I would have to start from the beginning.

For any of you that have done Medi on your own, any tips? I keep thinking maybe I will try one more time on my own.
KRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #107
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Mamamia9
Krene- I know it's hard to get back on the wagon but you can do it!! God knows how many times I've gain, lost, regain!!! I hate it when people said ' why don't you try to keep it stable, don't gain it back' yeah, like it's that easy! Anyhow, this time has been my longest 'diet' I've ever been on. I find it helpful when I have to get on that scale weekly and answer to myself. I also find it exciting when I know if I follow the plan, the weight will/can go down. My journey has not been easy, only 1-2 pounds a week. However, I kept telling myself that It is better than nothing. As long as we keep working on it, sooner or later we'll get there!
Nightmare- my drop slowed down by week 3, and I was told the average people lose 1-3 pounds/week. So I think you're doing great!
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #108
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
I know the cost of starting or re-starting is a lot, but if it will help you stick to it then it's so worth it! My biggest tip for when you fall off the wagon or restart is to cut out all carbs for a week. Only protein and lots of water will help cut the carb cravings and make it easier to stick with it. However...this is so hard to do, which is why the accountability of the clinic is nice. Sometimes I think "You can do this on your own...why are you paying $xx a week to step on a scale." But, it's more than that...it's the accountability that I need.
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #109
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Do you guys have food dreams? I have some that I remember when I wake up every now and then, is that weird? Also my girlfriend says she hears me mumbling about food in my sleep from time haha.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #110
Nightmare
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 11
Gallery: Nightmare
Stats: 258/222.5/185
Hey everyone, I had my weekly check-in today and it went amazing.

First off I changed things up a little bit this week with my workout routine basically adding a second leg weight training day. I did this because in the past when I had done this (before my injury) I liked the results. This workout was great and I felt soooo sore, in a good way; like old muscle coming back good way haha. I wish I had been doing the second leg day all along.

Anyways the purpose of bringing up this seemingly off-topic workout talk is to try use it as an explanation for the results of my check-in. My weight was 230 lbs, which was a net loss of 4.5 lbs. Now here's where it gets interesting, according to the tanita body composition analyzer, my ffm increased from 157.5 to 160.5, a 3 pound increase. My fat mass decreased from 77 lbs to 69.5 lbs, a 7.5 pound decrease. Further analysis of the tanita printout indicates that 2 of the 3 pound increase in ffm can be attributed to water (according to the change in tbw from week to week), leaving me to speculate that the third pound was some muscle gained. The only way it could be possible to add muscle weight that fast is that it was old muscle that I was regaining. (The body regains muscle mass that it previously had faster than it can build new muscle mass.)

Anyways I'm pretty pumped because of the results and they even allowed me two extra half servings of fruit specifically for before I lift weights (I had to ask for it though but I think I earned it). I'm hoping but also expecting to step on the scale at my next check in and see the a number below 230 for the first time in awhile. I may even sign the 30 lbs board depending if I lose two pounds this week. Also I was told that soon they would need to do blood work because they require it after every 10% of bf lost and I'm almost at that point.

I have to admit, my skepticism about this program was unfounded. This program has been working really well so far. Hopefully it continues.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:02 AM   #111
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member
 
montecarlono1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8
Gallery: montecarlono1
Stats: 210.6/ever-changing /140
WOE: Medi-weightloss, low carb
Start Date: 8/26/16
Hey there Medi peeps!
Just entered week 8 and had a stellar week last week after having a disappointing one week 7. Week 7 I went in for my weekly weigh-in and was only down a half a pound I was so disappointed in myself. But this past week I went in for my appointment and I'm down 3.5 pound. So much better than the week before there were a couple of things that I changed 1. Was not eating the bars. 2. Was not eating stevia. Those are really the only things that I did differently.

Have you guys ever had a situation like that where you changed up what you were eating still on program but you are weightloss not just weight loss but fat loss as well was more prominent than other weeks? Anyway congrats to everybody that has lost weight this week because if you are like me and you went to Medi you have tried on your own and maybe lost a couple of pounds and then stalled and then just figured forget about it what's the point? ����
So in short for me Medi was something that I felt I needed to do because for some reason or another the age or all the new products on the market that are available something just wasn't clicking with me and my body. Now it is.
montecarlono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #112
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member
 
montecarlono1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8
Gallery: montecarlono1
Stats: 210.6/ever-changing /140
WOE: Medi-weightloss, low carb
Start Date: 8/26/16
I am wondering if anybody else feels like this. I work at a hospital 12-hour shifts and on days when the hospital Demands a lot from me I am very busy and exhausted in the evening time when I come home, nothing compares to the day after these 12 hour shifts. It almost feels like I have just been hit by a train. I don't know if this is related to the low carb situation that they have us doing on Medi weight loss or what the deal is. I am just wondering if anybody else experiences these day after a day of exercise activity almost feeling ill and no energy. I know they recommend that you come in and get a metabolic booster or extra shot in the middle of the week for these times but I didn't know if there was something that worked for one of you that felt like this. I am all ears.
montecarlono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #113
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Mamamia9
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlono1 View Post
I am wondering if anybody else feels like this. I work at a hospital 12-hour shifts and on days when the hospital Demands a lot from me I am very busy and exhausted in the evening time when I come home, nothing compares to the day after these 12 hour shifts. It almost feels like I have just been hit by a train. I don't know if this is related to the low carb situation that they have us doing on Medi weight loss or what the deal is. I am just wondering if anybody else experiences these day after a day of exercise activity almost feeling ill and no energy. I know they recommend that you come in and get a metabolic booster or extra shot in the middle of the week for these times but I didn't know if there was something that worked for one of you that felt like this. I am all ears.
montecarlono1: yup! I've noticed if I slack of on drinking my electrolyte, and not enough healthy fat while doing really low carb my energy will suffer. Also, did it happen after a higher than normal carbs intake? Google 'keto flu'. They advice for me to change up my food choice for better loss, I guess it worked in your case?!

Last edited by Mamamia9; 10-19-2016 at 08:56 PM..
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:39 AM   #114
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paducah View Post
I know the cost of starting or re-starting is a lot, but if it will help you stick to it then it's so worth it! My biggest tip for when you fall off the wagon or restart is to cut out all carbs for a week. Only protein and lots of water will help cut the carb cravings and make it easier to stick with it. However...this is so hard to do, which is why the accountability of the clinic is nice. Sometimes I think "You can do this on your own...why are you paying a week to step on a scale." But, it's more than that...it's the accountability that I need.
Hi Paducah! How are you doing? How's your loss going? Your statement above about accountability really resonated with me. After hitting my goal of 50lbs lost and not going to Medi anymore, I have struggled. I'm still eating super low carb, I don't have a problem with that but when I was going to Medi, I knew I was paying major $$ to do this and knowing I had to weigh in on Mondays, really kept me on plan. I knew that if I spent this kind of money to lose weight, I would do it because I just couldn't waste that money. The Monday weigh in kept me super honest over the weekend. It is soooo very much the accountability factor for me. On my own, I can justify anything.

I am still eating low carb, I do not really have a craving for anything sweet or carby but I am having issues with portion control. I do still stick to lunches of lean deli meat mostly but I snack at night too much (still eating turkey pepperoni and these little turkey meat stick thingees) and my supper portions are too big. Still working on it. We went to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot this weekend and I had food and I had wine. But I was back at it on Monday, eating lean protein and veggies. One of the things that really bums me out is that no matter how I do it, I just cannot seem to have wine/alcohol without it causing me to gain weight. I think when I have wine it makes me feel like I can eat more, that my stomach has no bottom and I do eat more when I have something to drink. Something else I'm still working on I guess.

But I am back to working out more. Doing my spin 2x week, 15K+ steps every day and just started a new class last night called Pound. It's these weighted drumsticks and you seriously pound with them but it's TONS of squats and lunges and moves incorporating them. I thought after all these years of spin that I had some decent muscles in my legs but today my hamstrings are screaming. And I'm hoping to take an indoor rowing class tonight. I know while on Medi as long as I kept up working out, the weight just came off, especially the fat/weight on my belly.

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there fighting the good fight (to lose weight). I wish you all the best!
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #115
MSQueen68
Junior LCF Member
 
MSQueen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 55
Gallery: MSQueen68
Stats: 203.8/148.6/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Do you guys have food dreams? I have some that I remember when I wake up every now and then, is that weird? Also my girlfriend says she hears me mumbling about food in my sleep from time haha.
And YES!!! I am a very vivid dreamer anyway but yes, while doing Medi, I dreamt that all of a sudden I realised I was eating a plate of SPAGHETTI! and it was really good; just a very simple plate of spaghetti and sauce but the flavor of the sauce was amazing and then in my dream I realised OMG, I'm eating a plate full of CARBS!!! and at that point I had already eaten half the plate and I was like oh no, what am I going to do??? I will be completely out of ketosis and will have to go thru the induction/carb flu all over again!!! oh no!!! that's the only time that I had a food dream that I remember.
MSQueen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 AM   #116
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member
 
montecarlono1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8
Gallery: montecarlono1
Stats: 210.6/ever-changing /140
WOE: Medi-weightloss, low carb
Start Date: 8/26/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamia9 View Post
montecarlono1: yup! I've noticed if I slack of on drinking my electrolyte, and not enough healthy fat while doing really low carb my energy will suffer. Also, did it happen after a higher than normal carbs intake? Google 'keto flu'. They advice for me to change up my food choice for better loss, I guess it worked in your case?!
Thank you so much for the reply. I am now starting to take Propel or mio around with me. I do not want a repeat of last week.
I had a slight weight gain this week of 1.5lbs they said it was mostly water but I think it was my 12 hour shifts and the lack of food and water those days. They were pretty bad hectic days. My body is trying to tell me to eat and drink more, and CTFD. But what do you do when scheduled for 4 12 hour shifts and your hubby has surgery in the middle of it all, and my brand new car is back at the dealer for the second time and has been for 1.5 weeks...I have driven it a total of 1 week since I've had it. so stress is playing this game as well

So today at work plan: drink water every chance, and take protein shake and bars just in case.
Not the ideal eating situation but I'm sure it will beat not eating and no water. It's all good

Hope everyone is having a good day on plan!!!
montecarlono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #117
Mamamia9
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Gallery: Mamamia9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSQueen68 View Post
Hi Paducah! How are you doing? How's your loss going? Your statement above about accountability really resonated with me. After hitting my goal of 50lbs lost and not going to Medi anymore, I have struggled. I'm still eating super low carb, I don't have a problem with that but when I was going to Medi, I knew I was paying major $$ to do this and knowing I had to weigh in on Mondays, really kept me on plan. I knew that if I spent this kind of money to lose weight, I would do it because I just couldn't waste that money. The Monday weigh in kept me super honest over the weekend. It is soooo very much the accountability factor for me. On my own, I can justify anything.

I am still eating low carb, I do not really have a craving for anything sweet or carby but I am having issues with portion control. I do still stick to lunches of lean deli meat mostly but I snack at night too much (still eating turkey pepperoni and these little turkey meat stick thingees) and my supper portions
are too big. Still working on it. We went to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot this weekend and I had food and I had wine. But I was back at it on Monday, eating lean protein and veggies. One of the things that really bums me out is that no matter how I do it, I just cannot seem to have wine/alcohol without it causing me to gain weight. I think when I have wine it makes me feel like I can eat more, that my stomach has no bottom and I do eat more when I have something to drink. Something else I'm still working on I guess.


But I am back to working out more. Doing my spin 2x week, 15K+ steps every day and just started a new class last night called Pound. It's these weighted drumsticks and you seriously pound with them but it's TONS of squats and lunges and moves incorporating them. I thought after all these years of spin that I had some decent muscles in my legs but today my hamstrings are screaming. And I'm hoping to take an indoor rowing class tonight. I know while on Medi as long as I kept up working out, the weight just came off, especially the fat/weight on my belly.

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there fighting the good fight (to lose weight). I wish you all the best!
Thanks MsQueen!! You have no idea how much you've inspired me to keep fighting! My concern is still the mainternance part of the journey! I also found out that I could have a case of carb sensitivity/insulin resistant so low carb will have to be my lifestyle! It feels good to know I can be in control to make a different. How do you manage the transition of not taking the appetite suppressant? Im worry about this part the most! Right now, I'm doing well enough for them to let me come in once a month to save some money. I also moved up my goal of losing more weight than before so Iwill have another 20-30 to work on. However, these are just icing on the cake, i'll be happy just hitting 15 more and take my time from there. .
Monte, it must be tough to deal with all the stress! Are you allowed to have fruit and veggies yet? Im always on the go myself, so hard boiled eggs are always in my purse!! I also find eating an apple when my energy slump helps me to pull through much better. Hope things are getting better for all of us next week!!
Please keep posting to keep us all motivated friends!!!
Mamamia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:06 AM   #118
montecarlono1
Junior LCF Member
 
montecarlono1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8
Gallery: montecarlono1
Stats: 210.6/ever-changing /140
WOE: Medi-weightloss, low carb
Start Date: 8/26/16
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamia9 View Post
Monte, it must be tough to deal with all the stress! Are you allowed to have fruit and veggies yet? Im always on the go myself, so hard boiled eggs are always in my purse!! I also find eating an apple when my energy slump helps me to pull through much better. Hope things are getting better for all of us next week!!
Please keep posting to keep us all motivated friends!!!
There are weeks when the stress is lower than others...but it doesn't help when dieting is so tough. I too have insulin resistance....and refuse to take the metformin. I have been packing my meals I just don't get the opportunity to eat them boiled eggs are a lifesaver ...but when I do eat I stay on plan, but I think my body freaks out....this is one of the reasons my dieting attempts have failed in the past I works lose and then gain when I wasn't doing anything wrong, so it's nice to know I have the clinic behind me to help and let me vent once per week.

I know someone said something about the cost of it, but see if your insurance will pick up for the main costs ... the only thing I pay for is injections and Co pay when I see the doctor, and or shakes and bars.....
Which brings me to another question: Anyone notice a difference when they eat the bars vs when you don't eat them?
Like more weight loss or less hunger..... the shakes seem to satisfy me where when I eat a bar I seem to get hungry an hour later....and don't have a good weight loss week either.
I am in week 9 now.....staying on plan
montecarlono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #119
CarbConsciousRDH
Junior LCF Member
 
CarbConsciousRDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2
Gallery: CarbConsciousRDH
Stats: 172.6/158.4/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 18, 2016
Hi everyone! I am new here! :)

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading everyone's comments for the past few days and I figured I would say hello and let everyone know that I was here.

I am currently on the Medi Weight Loss program and started on October 18, 2016. My goal is to lose about 30 lbs. I previously did the Medi Weight Loss program about 6 years ago (and it has changed somewhat since I did it in the past). When I did the program before I was at my heaviest weight (178 lbs) and I was desperate to change my lifestyle. I was eating out for every meal, very inactive, made horrible eating choices and was very unhappy in my own skin.

I managed to lose close to 30 lbs the first time I went to Medi, but then I slowly stopped going to the clinic for support. The main reason I stopped going to the clinic was the cost. At about $70/week I was unable to afford to keep going. Over the past six years, I have gained back most of my weight (I did do the Atkins diet a few times and lost weight but always gained it back). I am finally ready to change. I know this is a lifestyle change and I am ready to become the best version of myself.

I am so ready for this! My first weight in is on October 25th, 2016 and I can't wait to see my progress!

I hope to use this site for motivation, sharing ideas, etc. I am very excited!

-Valerie
CarbConsciousRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #120
Paducah
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 32
Gallery: Paducah
Hi, MSQueen...I am going well! I finally hit 50 lbs, but man it's been a struggle lately. Really for the last 2 months my weight loss has slowed dramatically. It's been frustrating, but I'm continuing to plug away. I totally understand about the cost of it...that's part of the frustration...I really wanted to hit my goal quickly so I could stop paying so much! I must stay that this is progress...I haven't thrown in the towel when I've slowed in weight loss. Usually this is the point when I quit or give up. I'm still going and I'm considering that a victory. As slow as it may be...I'm still trying!
I really want this to be a lifestyle so I must keep going even if I have slip ups.
I can only imagine that maintenance is difficult. I think it's easy to think "I'm finished" but in reality, the maintenance is the hardest part. Don't give up and don't get discouraged. You know what to do...you lost 50 lbs afterall! I wonder if it would help to switch up your lunch...maybe you are more hungry at night and that's contributing to the overeating? Just a thought. One trick I like to do is brush my teeth after dinner. This really does help keep me from putting more food in my mouth.
I love your statement...On my own I can justify anything. Isn't that true? This is exactly why I need to weigh at the clinic!
I hope you have a great evening! Hang in there!
Paducah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.