Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #91
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hello friends! I overslept a bit this morning. I guess I needed it. I had a good on plan weekend, and that makes me feel good. I have a date Monday, a week from today. That will be the first time I will have really gone off plan in a month!
Well done for sticking to plan for a whole month! Hope I can follow in your footsteps! When you say date, do you mean date as in going on a date?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #92
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Coffee is the best thing ever! Can you tell it is morning here?

MMS - I would stay away from sucralose too. I have cut out anything that is not real food. And so, I eat meat, fruit and veggies. I am actually losing weight! And I am not in so much pain and the MS is behaving better than it has in awhile. If you can get it, read Whole30.
Have not got around to reasearching it yet Mim but will do tonight for sure. If it's helping your MS that's gotta be a good thing. It's so hard to know what's right... There's so much conflicting info out there. My legs hurt a lot today as well as knee... I'm just resting them above heart level in hope of some relief. Hope you are having a good day today x.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #93
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day !
I was enjoying some gardening and reading about diets. I found an interesting article about how too much acid in our blood can contribute to sicknes and difficulty losing weight . It is better for the digestive system to have a healthy alkaline balanced blood.
I am considering going for some blood work to see if my digestive issues have anything to do with my ph levels .
I get so painfully bloated I assumed it was my gallstone .
I have been drinking lemon water each morning even before my coffee to keep things well balanced .
Good news Stevia is natural and does not have acidity like sugar .
Happy Tuesday !
Yes, I've heard of the Alkaline Diet... Some swear by it. The raw food diet also gets a lot of rave reviews... I think they are similar? Was it Annette Larkings and Mimi something that talked about raw food curing all sorts of stuff. Arthritis being one which is interesting from an autoimmune perspective. Do any of you guys know if meat is considered something that is inflammatory to the body? I guess there will be arguments both sides as now I think of it keto is considered anti inflammatory...
Old 07-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #94
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello, all. I continue to do well on my plan. I'm finding it very easy to do, and so that is really helpful. I am not going in to work today as friends are visiting and we are going to an olive oil and vinegar store! I'll get some flavored vinegars to use in salad dressings.
As I said def gonna look this diet up... The Olive oils and vinegar store sounds cool. Which vinegars did you get? One of my fave things to do is put rosemary and garlic in balsamic but I haven't had any in ages BC balsamic has sugar apparently. I do love it though!
Old 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #95
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Coffee good. Morning hard. I wanted to sleep in this morning!

I bought a big bottle of Tuscan olive oil, and Fig Balsamic, Dark Chocolate Balsamic, Ruby Red Grapefruit Balsamic, and Blackberry Ginger Balsamic. I'm looking forward to putting them to good use!
Just said how much I love balsamic and those flavours sound amazing! I've never come across such flavours. Is there much sugar n them? Guessing they must be ok or you wouldn't have bought them... Let me google this whole30
Old 07-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #96
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Well done for sticking to plan for a whole month! Hope I can follow in your footsteps! When you say date, do you mean date as in going on a date?

Yup! as going on a date! A first date! A first date in years and years!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #97
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi makemeslim how are you feeling ? I found a scale on Amazon that may be of interest to you . I hope that you enjoyed a nice juicy steak for brunch.
Here is the info:
EatSmart

4.2 out of 5 stars**5,064Reviews

EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology

I am still using my 12 year old scale, it is close to my doctors scale from my last visit when I went for my check up.
Speaking of scales I weighed myself I know , I know I can't help it my curiosity gets me every morning . After my carb binge I am at 158.6lbs. I know that all will change tonight because we all are going out to eat and I am craving carbs UT Oh !
I looked it up... There is one guy that goes into great detail about why these sorts of scales don't work. Apparently, it's impossible for them to do what they say. There was a big thing about it which is why I returned the ones I had. I do kinda wanna try another pair... I'll need to research further. Thanks for the info X
Old 07-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #98
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning! My word Dark Chocolate balsamic ? I would like to try that over some strawberries
Mim did you get to try the coconut secrets yet?

My grape tomatoes and basil plant are growing in full swing . All my hard work is paying off .
Happy Wednesday !
Forgot about coconut secrets!!
Old 07-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #99
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yup! as going on a date! A first date! A first date in years and years!
Oh how exciting!!! I wouldn't know what to do it's been so long!! Have you planned your outfit?

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-20-2016 at 10:34 AM..
Old 07-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I've just read about the the whole30 of course I want to try it and everything said makes sense! The cheese will be hard because I so love cheese of all sorts and usually manage to get some in whatever plan I'm following whether it be low or high fat. Not weighing myself whilst following something new will be hard! Can I ask how much you lost? Of course this is about health first not weight and I know I have to change my thinking espescially being so sick. I'm quite excited about this. I'm gonna look on Amazon now. Can you give me an idea so I can get started tomorrow or is it too difficult to explain? Maybe I'll find some info if I google more that will allow me to get started.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #101
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Just ordered book it will be here by th 23rd. It's normally 1 day if I choose an Amazon locker which I did but postage was for so guess can't complain but I'd like to get started whilst I'm still excited if you kno what I mean!
Old 07-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #102
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

MMS - I haven't yet decided what I'm going to wear. I'll ponder that in a few days. As for what to eat: As I explained it to my 9 year old granddaughter - I can't eat anything that has ingredients! So, meat, fruit, vegetables are good. No legumes, corn, sugar or fake sugar, no wheat, no dairy. I began the first of the month and haven't been perfect and have lost 7 pounds. Yes, I weigh! : )

I was telling a friend today that I feel like I have finally found the answer. Not only am I feeling better, but I don't have cravings, After 30 days you can add food groups back in to see how it makes you feel. I'm going to stay on the initial 30 days for quite some time though. Right now I'm snacking on fresh cherries and blackberries. I couldn't buy salad fixins today but I'm really looking forward to making my own dressings with my new vinegars!
Old 07-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #103
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS - I haven't yet decided what I'm going to wear. I'll ponder that in a few days. As for what to eat: As I explained it to my 9 year old granddaughter - I can't eat anything that has ingredients! So, meat, fruit, vegetables are good. No legumes, corn, sugar or fake sugar, no wheat, no dairy. I began the first of the month and haven't been perfect and have lost 7 pounds. Yes, I weigh! : )

I was telling a friend today that I feel like I have finally found the answer. Not only am I feeling better, but I don't have cravings, After 30 days you can add food groups back in to see how it makes you feel. I'm going to stay on the initial 30 days for quite some time though. Right now I'm snacking on fresh cherries and blackberries. I couldn't buy salad fixins today but I'm really looking forward to making my own dressings with my new vinegars!
Let us know what you decide on. I'd be in a right panick but you seem to be a cool cucumber so that's a good thing!

So the book is ordered and I start tomorrow... I'm guessing eggs are ok? Can I have butternut squash, olive oil, avocado? Are tomatoes ok? Sorry for all the questions. One last question... Should the meat be low fat? Sorry Mim. That should be enough info to get by until the book arrives on the 23rd. I need to get some food in.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #104
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm guessing the fruit is limited... Ok no more questions.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #105
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

The vinegars sound great... I'm gonna have to look into the one I buy BC it does have sugar but maybe it's natural like in fruit
Old 07-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #106
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and how rude of me... Congrats on the 7lb
Old 07-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #107
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Let us know what you decide on. I'd be in a right panick but you seem to be a cool cucumber so that's a good thing!

So the book is ordered and I start tomorrow... I'm guessing eggs are ok? Can I have butternut squash, olive oil, avocado? Are tomatoes ok? Sorry for all the questions. One last question... Should the meat be low fat? Sorry Mim. That should be enough info to get by until the book arrives on the 23rd. I need to get some food in.
yes on everything! Meat doesn't have to be extremely low fat.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #108
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Yes, I've heard of the Alkaline Diet... Some swear by it. The raw food diet also gets a lot of rave reviews... I think they are similar? Was it Annette Larkings and Mimi something that talked about raw food curing all sorts of stuff. Arthritis being one which is interesting from an autoimmune perspective. Do any of you guys know if meat is considered something that is inflammatory to the body? I guess there will be arguments both sides as now I think of it keto is considered anti inflammatory...
Oh, I am not doing anything complicated.

I am not eating past 6pm .
Also proteins with no starch as a side for supper . Lunch is a salad with low carb veggies the only starch maybe avocado. Breakfast coffee or tea with low carb fruits . I drink green tea most of the day or unsweetened iced teas . I snack on pecans or walnuts not too many very addictive . I may have a plain yogurt with Stevia after lunch . First thing before coffee in the am. Lemon water a nice full glass when I need QWL I can easily transition to stillmans however no more than 2 weeks ketosis is good but at my age too much acid in the blood may cause bone loss as well as other illnesses..

Mim whole 30 sounds interesting I may give it a try .. I love cherries
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #109
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I looked it up... There is one guy that goes into great detail about why these sorts of scales don't work. Apparently, it's impossible for them to do what they say. There was a big thing about it which is why I returned the ones I had. I do kinda wanna try another pair... I'll need to research further. Thanks for the info X
How true that's why it is a good idea to take measurements. I measure myself after each loss of about 10lbs.or more plus my outfits don't lie I can't help weighing myself constantly although I have been trying . Does that count ?
Old 07-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #110
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

mim you got this !
Old 07-21-2016, 05:02 AM   #111
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Wow mim.very nice.

I'm still on cabbage soup diet.today is day 5..of course TOM aligned with my diet change so cravings have been bad but I'm sticking with the diet. I'll probably stick with this for a short bit. The scale went down a bit so far despite TOM so I will try a second week to see if my loss would have been up to par without it.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #112
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Kal! It is always so great to show a loss while TOM is in town!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #113
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

I guess I didn't try hard enough and I weighed myself . I am glad eating healthy got me back to 159.6lbs
I love gardening but my back hates it, in a few days the weather will be too hot for me to stay outside . I have a little war going on with Japanese beetles eating my roses.

I will have some reading to catch up on and stay indoors .
Happy Thursday !
Old 07-22-2016, 05:12 AM   #114
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, I am not doing anything complicated.

I am not eating past 6pm .
Also proteins with no starch as a side for supper . Lunch is a salad with low carb veggies the only starch maybe avocado. Breakfast coffee or tea with low carb fruits . I drink green tea most of the day or unsweetened iced teas . I snack on pecans or walnuts not too many very addictive . I may have a plain yogurt with Stevia after lunch . First thing before coffee in the am. Lemon water a nice full glass when I need QWL I can easily transition to stillmans however no more than 2 weeks ketosis is good but at my age too much acid in the blood may cause bone loss as well as other illnesses..

Mim whole 30 sounds interesting I may give it a try .. I love cherries
Sounds like a good plan. I think stopping eating at 6pm is a good idea. Its kinda intermittent fasting really as your eating window is shortened. I've done that before. To be honest (I guess like a lot of us here) I don't think there's a plan I haven't tried. My Whole30 book should be here tomorrow... Slightly concerned about potatoes Mim?!! I guess it will all make sense once I've read the book. I'm concerned about the acid in the blood thing, I'll need to research more. How do you know if you have high levels?

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-22-2016 at 05:16 AM..
Old 07-22-2016, 05:30 AM   #115
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How true that's why it is a good idea to take measurements. I measure myself after each loss of about 10lbs.or more plus my outfits don't lie I can't help weighing myself constantly although I have been trying . Does that count ?
I guess trying counts. if it wasn't for the fact I only have the fit board to weigh on which is a pain BC the batteries are always dead or vanishing, I would probably weigh a lot more! I do think I need a scale though BC I'm noticing it's so easy to fall into denial if I don't weigh enough but at the same time if I weigh too often I get disheartened with all the fluctuations and end up quitting my plan. I popped out yesterday and caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window... I wanted to cry. I didn't recognise myself. I was quite shocked. I'm really sick of being overweight, I'm determined to get to goal.

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-22-2016 at 05:38 AM..
Old 07-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #116
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Wow mim.very nice.

I'm still on cabbage soup diet.today is day 5..of course TOM aligned with my diet change so cravings have been bad but I'm sticking with the diet. I'll probably stick with this for a short bit. The scale went down a bit so far despite TOM so I will try a second week to see if my loss would have been up to par without it.
Good news that the scale went down, well done. I did the Cabbage Soup Diet in the past but it didn't agree with my tummy... I was in agony and full of gas which was a bit embarrassing! Glad it's working for you.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #117
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan. I think stopping eating at 6pm is a good idea. Its kinda intermittent fasting really as your eating window is shortened. I've done that before. To be honest (I guess like a lot of us here) I don't think there's a plan I haven't tried. My Whole30 book should be here tomorrow... Slightly concerned about potatoes Mim?!! I guess it will all make sense once I've read the book. I'm concerned about the acid in the blood thing, I'll need to research more. How do you know if you have high levels?
Eating more alkaline is better for digestion . Too much acid in the stomach causes bloat, depending on what foods we ate together.
Google food combining, I find it very helpful you may also.

As for anti inflammatory nuts like pecans and walnuts to name a few are very good if you don't over eat them like I do

(TOM) I'm taking it easy . I'm tired I have a few errands to do today and the weekend .

Oh , not eating too late so you can digest before you retire for the evening . About 4 hours before lights out .

Happy Friday !
Old 07-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #118
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

I am finally home and time to relax !
I also wanted to mention that I add Chia seeds to my yogurt and smoothies another good source of protein,magnesium and calcium.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #119
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

I enjoyed some reading and relaxing . I read a few informative articles on natural healing and one was about spices for anti inflammatory which is Turmeric (curcumin) it's an ingredient in Indian curries . If you're one to experiment add this spice to make a delicious curry dish .
Happy Saturday!
Old 07-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #120
IM2fat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 195/172.2/150-140
WOE: WW / Healthy Living
Start Date: WW Life changing January 5 2015
HI everyone